2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

a) I’m either making horrible contact b) the ssr reads fast or c) the skytrak measures ball speed slow.

I doubt it’s a) since this ball was absolutely flushed out of the center.

I still take 300 yarder all day long regardless of ball speed. What kind of ball did you use? I suppose it is cold in your area.

I don’t think so. When I set this up without skytrak I get these sorta speeds. When I read ball speed I’ve seen high 160s to low 170s.

170mph/1.48smash = ~115mph CHS. 3-4mph CHS higher SSR readings (119) vs Trackman (115-116?) due to reading on the toe vs center of face seems plausible. Hopefully we can get on Trackman soon. I have no experience with skytrak so it’s kinda just you vs Wesquite on its accuracy.

I don’t think so. When I set this up without skytrak I get these sorta speeds. When I read ball speed I’ve seen high 160s to low 170s.

170mph/1.48smash = ~115mph CHS. 3-4mph CHS higher SSR readings (119) vs Trackman (115-116?) due to reading on the toe vs center of face seems plausible. Hopefully we can get on Trackman soon. I have no experience with skytrak so it’s kinda just you vs Wesquite on its accuracy.

I’m going to try and get on a trackman when I’m Florida next week. I’ll bring my ssr along and report the results.

That looks like 159 ballspeed, 277 carry, 302 total...correct?

I have trouble seeing the #s, but putting the 159 with a 16 degree launch in the Flightscope Optimizer looks like this.

159/1.47 = 108 CHS...pretty close

118eh02.png

119 CHS x 1.47 = 175 ballspeed which would look like this under the same conditions.

19m3kj.png

On that particular hit you posted, Skytrak looks damn near dead nutz to me.

Thank you for plugging into the optimizer! I will say, their algo looks dead on. I think what some have disputed is the measurement of ball speed itself. Also disputed has been the accuracy of the SSR.

I don't think my SSR is all that accurate, it is consistent though. My Skytrak on the other hand is yet to spit out a number that makes me say WTF...the occasional wonky shot shape is another story.

94ef8b3a65517f27d7c20235a95207fd.jpg

a) I’m either making horrible contact b) the ssr reads fast or c) the skytrak measures ball speed slow.

I think the track man versus skylark comparison, the driver was the most off with skytrak reading like 6% slower, could be it

Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye

I think the track man versus skylark comparison, the driver was the most off with skytrak reading like 6% slower, could be it

Dang. Do you have a link?

I feel it's worth repeating but the SSR is an amazing device. It measures club head speed super consistently and for $100, it's an amazing training aid. I think the interwebs would really benefit from a video hitting some balls with the SSR, SkyTrak and Trackman all tracking swings simultaneously. Would answer a lot of questions for people like me.

Back to the topic at hand, all my training is really paying off. I've done versions of this in the past but never stuck with it for an extended period of time. This time is different. I'm hitting low 120s with my driver and my all out swings and my smooth ones are in the 115-117 range. It's really awesome to hear the sound at impact.

Started Protocol 1 on Monday...and have a few observations.

First...adding 40% more standing swings + kneeling swings as well...is a workout!!

Second...I walked 18 holes on Saturday...played 18 more on Sunday...and my body was flat worn out for the Monday routine. Saw some discouraging numbers on Monday. But...this morning...after proper rest...I was back in business.

Third...Hitting the Red sticks at the very end of the Protocol 1 routine is flat out draining.

1/31 Numbers:

Kneel Green - 120

Kneel Blue - 117

Kneel Red - 110

Stand Green - 135

Stand Blue - 131

Stand Red - 127

Step Green - 137

Step Blue - 131

Step Red - 121

Final Green - 136

First...adding 40% more standing swings + kneeling swings as well...is a workout!!

Second...I walked 18 holes on Saturday...played 18 more on Sunday...and my body was flat worn out for the Monday routine. Saw some discouraging numbers on Monday. But...this morning...after proper rest...I was back in business.

Third...Hitting the Red sticks at the very end of the Protocol 1 routine is flat out draining.

1/31 Numbers:

Kneel Green - 120

Kneel Blue - 117

Kneel Red - 110

Stand Green - 135

Stand Blue - 131

Stand Red - 127

Step Green - 137

Step Blue - 131

Step Red - 121

Final Green - 136

Damn, those kneeling numbers are fast (at least compared to me). I'm basically exactly the same as you on all others, but about 10 mphs slower kneeling across the board. Guess I know what's holding me back!

You guys are in a different league from me. I'm injured (herniated disc) and recovering, and trying to walk that tightrope of mobility and exercise without pushing it too far and losing 3 more months due to stupidity.

I tentatively tried the introductory protocol two weeks ago, with heavy back bracing and constant thoughts of standing tall on the follow-through (it was a huge reverse C that got me into this mess).

Attempt 1. Survived, but more pain and discomfort than I wanted that evening. Really freaked me out. Took two days break.

Attempt 2. Survived again. Pain, for sure, but less so. Also, I didn't find myself veering into a reverse C position to try to eek out extra MPH. Non-dominant swings (really important for me for rehab) were definitely more fluid.

Driving range: Decided to take it tentatively. This was more about whether I could swing OK with bracing; and whether I was at a point in my recovery where I could even consider hitting balls at all.

Wedges felt fluid. No pain, with some good feel remaining from last year. Tried my 3 wood, and here were the first signs that SSG was doing something for me: a more effortless swing. I could feel the shaft working better. I wasn't having to swing hard to get good ball flight... it was just there. Carry looked great, for me. Old carry was maybe 200. ProTracer was showing 210... then 215.. then 225, 225, 224, 229. 229 carry with a 3 wood? That's nothing for many WRXers, but for me that's a different game. Also, I was keeping my posture, and if I tried to step on it strike quality would lower, but it didn't degrade exponentially like it used to when I'd previously try to swing faster.

Pain afterwards again, but manageable. I took a week's break for safety and then started the introductory protocol.

Still heavily braced, last night was my third 'for real' session. The first two sessions were stagnant, but last night showed a jump with all clubs. Nothing like you guys, but if I see the green going from 109 to 119 I'm ecstatic. If I see the red go from 95 to 100, and then 102 I'm over the moon.

This could be famous last words, but I think I'm finally ready to start this. I'll stay on the introductory protocol until mid March (health willing) and then reassess. If I have to back off, I'll back off. I am hopeful but cautious..

1/31 Numbers:

Kneel Green - 120

Kneel Blue - 117

Kneel Red - 110

Stand Green - 135

Stand Blue - 131

Stand Red - 127

Step Green - 137

Step Blue - 131

Step Red - 121

Final Green - 136

Damn, those kneeling numbers are fast (at least compared to me). I'm basically exactly the same as you on all others, but about 10 mphs slower kneeling across the board. Guess I know what's holding me back!

I'm starting level 1 tonight!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

1/31 Numbers:

Kneel Green - 120

Kneel Blue - 117

Kneel Red - 110

Stand Green - 135

Stand Blue - 131

Stand Red - 127

Step Green - 137

Step Blue - 131

Step Red - 121

Final Green - 136

I use a thick padded blue square pad that I do my kneel swings with. I tried the kneel swings on a regular Yoga mat...but...the padded blue square gives me leverage (from knees and feet) to swing from.

Very similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWWTS0Y/ref=twister_B00J9AANHM?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

@PorscheFan - Whatever you do...don't over-do it. It sounds like you're dealing with a moderate amount of pain. I made the mistake of not stretching properly when I started...and it sidelined me for a full week.

I would agree with your assessment relative to doing the Intro Protocol until March (or...when you are back to near 100%). That's a good call!!

As a sidenote...229 carry with a 3-wood is damn impressive...and even more impressive given your injury situation!!

1/31 Numbers:

Kneel Green - 120

Kneel Blue - 117

Kneel Red - 110

Stand Green - 135

Stand Blue - 131

Stand Red - 127

Step Green - 137

Step Blue - 131

Step Red - 121

Final Green - 136

That's awesome. What are you seeing when hitting a ball? Must be mashing it...

I don't know about skytraks but for anyone measuring ball speed with GC2, I know the newness of the ball matters. I have some pro v1 balls that I use to warm up that are beat to hell, and I have seen they are a few mph slower than a new pro v1.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

That's awesome. What are you seeing when hitting a ball? Must be mashing it...

I've played the same course(s) for several years...so...I know where I've been...and the clubs I've used on each next shot.

I'm definitely seeing gains in both Driver and Irons across the board.

As an example...it's been between 40* and 50* here in Texas when I've played...and the Drivers that I've caught clean have gone really far (had a 30 yard pitch into a Par 4 the other morning). On the iron side...there's a Par 3 (~180 yrds) that I played 5-6 iron into for the last few years. This last weekend it was cold with a back pin...and I pulled 7 iron to try to clear the front...and just get it on the green. Nope. Pitch mark was 1 yard short of pin-high...with the ball coming to rest about 4 yds past the stick (made the putt).

So...looking forward to Spring and Summer if this continues!!

I'm a newcomer to this thread, and my package with SuperSpeed is arriving today. I'm excited to get going,

My question for those currently using, do you do the Golf Dynamic Warmup (https://superspeedgolf.com/get-started/) every time? Also, is it always necessary to start on the intro protocol? I'm in decent shape, and specifically have been doing interval training (30 minutes cycling or elliptical) along with some weight training for about a month now. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start there and if after 1-2 weeks I feel like I need more I can progress to Level 1.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I'm a newcomer to this thread, and my package with SuperSpeed is arriving today. I'm excited to get going,

My question for those currently using, do you do the Golf Dynamic Warmup (https://superspeedgo...om/get-started/) every time? Also, is it always necessary to start on the intro protocol? I'm in decent shape, and specifically have been doing interval training (30 minutes cycling or elliptical) along with some weight training for about a month now. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start there and if after 1-2 weeks I feel like I need more I can progress to Level 1.

My recommendation is Yes and every time. You don't want to get hurt from swing too hard and fast.

In addition, I do the warmup session twice a day while at work. I feel great after warm-up session. It vitalizes and wakes me up.

I do the warm-up and SSG session. I work out for 1 hour after SSG. Then finish with Colin Westerman's 15 mn stretch. I adapt Tyler Parson and Colin Westerman for my workout routine. Colin's is easier than Tyler's.

My question for those currently using, do you do the Golf Dynamic Warmup (https://superspeedgo...om/get-started/) every time? Also, is it always necessary to start on the intro protocol? I'm in decent shape, and specifically have been doing interval training (30 minutes cycling or elliptical) along with some weight training for about a month now. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start there and if after 1-2 weeks I feel like I need more I can progress to Level 1.

My recommendation is Yes and every time. You don't want to get hurt from swing too hard and fast.

In addition, I do the warmup session twice a day while at work. I feel great after warm-up session. It vitalizes and wakes me up.

I do the warm-up and SSG session. I work out for 1 hour after SSG. Then finish with Colin Westerman's 15 mn stretch. I adapt Tyler Parson and Colin Westerman for my workout routine. Colin's is easier than Tyler's.

Nice, thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into that Colin Westerman stretch.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

That looks like 159 ballspeed, 277 carry, 302 total...correct?

I have trouble seeing the #s, but putting the 159 with a 16 degree launch in the Flightscope Optimizer looks like this.

159/1.47 = 108 CHS...pretty close

118eh02.png

119 CHS x 1.47 = 175 ballspeed which would look like this under the same conditions.

19m3kj.png

The SkyTrak algorithm is fine. The issue is that its ball speed measurements on driver once you are above the 160 range are horribly inaccurate. Just as a point of reference, my swing speed is in the 125 range according to Trackman, and I have yet to carry a ball over 270 on SkyTrak...despite my average carry being around 300 on course.

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

The SkyTrak algorithm is fine. The issue is that its ball speed measurements on driver once you are above the 160 range are horribly inaccurate. Just as a point of reference, my swing speed is in the 125 range according to Trackman, and I have yet to carry a ball over 270 on SkyTrak...despite my average carry being around 300 on course.

I read on another forum that for best results, high speed players should set the ball back 2-3" from the red dot. ST claimed to have accurate numbers for long drivers into the 200 MPH for ball speed. Ever try this on ST?

Also, you've probably mentioned it already but how does your swing speed compare Trackman vs. SSR?

@PorscheFan - Whatever you do...don't over-do it. It sounds like you're dealing with a moderate amount of pain. I made the mistake of not stretching properly when I started...and it sidelined me for a full week.

I would agree with your assessment relative to doing the Intro Protocol until March (or...when you are back to near 100%). That's a good call!!

As a sidenote...229 carry with a 3-wood is damn impressive...and even more impressive given your injury situation!!

Thanks a lot - great advice! I'm treating this like rehab right now, so I'm chasing dominant and non-dominant balance vs. swinging for the moon, but it's definitely time to be cautious.

I also agree that stretching and warmup is critical, even down to warming up things like the wrists (Tyler Parsons has a good video on that).

From a muscular perspective I'm definitely feeling it the day after, and for me it's specifically in the glutes and hip flexors. The day after that trip to the range my glutes were killing me... as if I'd gone skiing for the first time. I never had that feeling before at the start of the golf season (it was always abs and intercostal region), so this is definitely altering the muscle groups that I'm using. That in itself is illuminating to me.