2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

Do any of you guys who are doing this program travel much? I’m leaving tomorrow for a trip and will be gone for about 12 days. Bringing my clubs along, and I’m thinking of bringing the SSG sticks, but i’m A little concerned with the weight in my travel bag. I’m thinking it probably isn’t a big deal to take a Break while out of town, but I’m interested to hear if people have seen big dropoffs if tgey’ve taken a week or two off.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Do any of you guys who are doing this program travel much? I’m leaving tomorrow for a trip and will be gone for about 12 days. Bringing my clubs along, and I’m thinking of bringing the SSG sticks, but i’m A little concerned with the weight in my travel bag. I’m thinking it probably isn’t a big deal to take a Break while out of town, but I’m interested to hear if people have seen big dropoffs if tgey’ve taken a week or two off.

I travel every week. It take my sticks.

The SSG guys state that, once you have created permanency with an increase (e.g. 6 weeks or so in) that you won't really lose that even if you take a long break. I believe Clint Rice took months off.

Do any of you guys who are doing this program travel much? Im leaving tomorrow for a trip and will be gone for about 12 days. Bringing my clubs along, and Im thinking of bringing the SSG sticks, but im A little concerned with the weight in my travel bag. Im thinking it probably isnt a big deal to take a Break while out of town, but Im interested to hear if people have seen big dropoffs if tgeyve taken a week or two off.

One thing to be careful of. One time i took my super speed sticks on a vacation. My driver broke near the tip, i believe because the weight of one of the speed sticks pinched against my driver shaft during the airlines handling. So either put them into your golf bag upside down, or outside of your bag totally in your travel bag.

Thanks - I'm thinking I'll leave them behind for this trip, and take them with me next month when I'll be on the road for a longer stretch.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Do any of you guys who are doing this program travel much? I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip and will be gone for about 12 days. Bringing my clubs along, and I'm thinking of bringing the SSG sticks, but i'm A little concerned with the weight in my travel bag. I'm thinking it probably isn't a big deal to take a Break while out of town, but I'm interested to hear if people have seen big dropoffs if tgey've taken a week or two off.

Use thick rubber bands...and they double as walking sticks.

Carry on items...needed to get you from point A to point B...without assistance.

Problem solved.

Played a couple rounds of golf after getting to a point where a smooth swing is no less than 115. I'm in places I never thought I'd be. Carrying trouble whenever I want. I still feel like I can gain even more speed with more time in the system. My goal is to get to 125 consistently--insane goal but now seems reasonable.

Maybe I missed it in another post, but you're at a consistent 115+ now... what did you start at with your driver when you started the program? How long have you been at it?

Played a couple rounds of golf after getting to a point where a smooth swing is no less than 115. I'm in places I never thought I'd be. Carrying trouble whenever I want. I still feel like I can gain even more speed with more time in the system. My goal is to get to 125 consistently--insane goal but now seems reasonable.

Maybe I missed it in another post, but you're at a consistent 115+ now... what did you start at with your driver when you started the program? How long have you been at it?

I started out at 106 for an all out swing. Started up maybe 6 weeks ago doing all over speed work with the green club and a blank shaft. I plan to follow the protocol more closely when I get home from vacation to see if I can get past my current plateau.

115 is a totally in control, smooth swing. Just unreal. If I could get another 10 mph on hat type of swing I’d be over the moon.

I started out at 106 for an all out swing. Started up maybe 6 weeks ago doing all over speed work with the green club and a blank shaft. I plan to follow the protocol more closely when I get home from vacation to see if I can get past my current plateau.

115 is a totally in control, smooth swing. Just unreal. If I could get another 10 mph on hat type of swing I’d be over the moon.

Heck, idk about another 10 mph. Maybe a couple. Either way, if you can maintain 115 that is plenty of speed especially if you've been at 106 your whole life. I'm in the 104-108 range, so thinking I might have to do this training. More distance would take my game to another level since I already wedge it and scramble very well. Especially since I play longer courses in competition.

Heck, idk about another 10 mph. Maybe a couple. Either way, if you can maintain 115 that is plenty of speed especially if you've been at 106 your whole life. I'm in the 104-108 range, so thinking I might have to do this training. More distance would take my game to another level since I already wedge it and scramble very well. Especially since I play longer courses in competition.

Yeah, for sure. I just want to see how fast I can get. More gains seem realistic.

Finished up this morning with mixed results.

I'm getting faster on the kneeling swings...but...I feel like I'm plateauing with the standing swings. I'm not sure if the increase in volume is contributing to the plateau...but...after the kneeling swings I seem to be leveling off. Hoping that one of you guys that have been in Protocol 1 for a while can chime in with plateau comments...and how to break through the wall.

This morning's numbers...all numbers are in MPH...PR = Personal Record:

Kneel Green - 125 (PR by 2)

Kneel Blue - 123 (PR by 4)

Kneel Red - 113 (6 below PR)

Standing Green - 138 (PR by 3)

Standing Blue - 129 (7 below PR)

Standing Red - 118 (9 below PR)

Step Change Green - 141 (PR by 3)

Step Change Blue - 131 (5 below PR)

Step Change Red - 123 (2 below PR)

Final Green - 138 (1 below PR)

I'm dealing with the same plateau issues as well, at least on the right side. The left side continues to catch up to the right side. I filmed my swing recently. Ironically I think I like the look of my left swing more than I do from the right side! I really shallow the club out nicely lol.

I'm not sure where I'm going to find the next notch of speed from. For what it's worth, in terms of the evolution of the protocols, I can't do protocol 2 inside. A crow hop just takes up way too much room. But I doubt that is the issue. I've also been working out a lot more, so hopefully that helps.

While I'm still seeing average for almost every exercise at each weight go up, both the average and the max of the right handed green standing has been still for the last few sessions. Even tonight, for the right standing blue, the average of the five swings went up by two and the max 3 higher than previous personal best. For the red standing, the average went up by two, and the max was 5 higher than previous personal best and I hit it twice out of the five. For the green standing, no improvement on the max since the last session and only an improvement of 2 mph since four sessions ago. The average of green standing has been the same for the last four sessions. Tonight, for the first time, I'm realized I'm having trouble feeling the "clubhead" with the green. It almost feels like I'm swinging a club upside down. Anyone else experience this?

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

I emailed SSG about this and they told me not to change, but I wanted to hear other people's thoughts. My gamer driver is 337 grams, basically the same as the red heavy club which is supposed to be heavier. Should add weight to each or do something differently to account for this?

when I made my own SSG set, I miscalculated so bad that my Green is 290g, Blue 350g and Red 420g. My driver is about 335g. Boy, now I can't feel the club head unless I grip it lightly. Perhaps I might have to opt for heavier shaft.

To answer your question, maybe you should but you may have issue like me.

I changed the grip on my driver and it's now 333grams. For what it's worth, I decided to weigh each of the SSG clubs.

Green: 263g

Blue: 298g

Red: 339g

At least now the heavier is actually heavier. Plus, the swingweight on the red is E1 versus my driver at D4, so the feeling of heavier is there as well. In case anyone is interested, the blue club sw was B5 and the green was so light it was below A0.

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Why dont you put some lead tape on SSG clubs like adding 20g?

I actually may if I start to really plateau.

From Aimee's youtube videos, she promotes core rotation and stable hip and legs. Also, she comments on Ricky Fowler's slow backswing and wide stance. So I followed the advice and took it to SSG session last night.

Here is the result.

Yuge gain on the initial driver swing (11.4%) and decent gain on the final driver swing (7.7%) compared to two nights ago. Also, healthy gain on Kneeling swings.

As I was rotating core during swing, I felt that warmup and consistent workout is MUST. you could seriously get hurt if your body is ready.

From Aimee's youtube videos, she promotes core rotation and stable hip and legs. Also, she comments on Ricky Fowler's slow backswing and wide stance. So I followed the advice and took it to SSG session last night.

Here is the result.

Yuge gain on the initial driver swing (11.4%) and decent gain on the final driver swing (7.7%) compared to two nights ago. Also, healthy gain on Kneeling swings.

As I was rotating core during swing, I felt that warmup and consistent workout is MUST. you could seriously get hurt if your body is ready.

Are you actually able to hit good balls going 123?

Here is the result.

I dunno. It is all air swing.

BTW, I do not swing the same fashion on course. I just go easy.

Here is the result.

I dunno. It is all air swing.

BTW, I do not swing the same fashion on course. I just go easy.

I find my ball swings to be much faster than my air swings.

My SSG set arrives tomorrow. I've been in the gym regularly over the past 8 or so weeks and am ready to get started.

Would somebody be willing to send me a copy of an Excel tracking sheet? Will send my email via PM if anybody is amenable.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

Ive read most of this thread and have a couple of questions.

Am I correct in assuming that just about anyone can increase their club head speed 10-15 mph? In my older age (I’m 40 now) the one major area that has decreased is my distance. Ive played golf for 25+ years, am a 2 handicap but have last a lot distance over the years on all my clubs. I want my distance back!

Is it really as simple as following the routine with the weighted clubs?

Which set should I look st purchasing? Where the best place to buy from?

^^^ I believe 5%-8% vice 10-15mph is the claim and suspect that where you fall on that scale is determined by your starting point (general fundamentals/technique, general fitness, body physique balance, etc) and your level of effort and discipline within the program.

I'm willing to push the "I believe" button based on results posted here and from what I know goes on at the higher levels of amateur baseball/softball.

Don't know whether it is "the best," but I ordered off the website and used PGA in the coupon code. Ended up being ~$190 shipped.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

So, I've had mine for two weeks and only done the full protocol once.

1) I've only recently started working out again after nearly 2 years of not due to two hip surgeries. I'm having trouble fitting it in with my "normal" workout schedule and my gym doesn't have the space to allow me to do it there.

2) I'm upper Midwest, and it's cold and I don't trust doing this in my basement so the garage is my option. It's not bad and I have a heater I could turn up before going out there, but I'm probably just not doing well motivating myself.

I typically workout evenings after work, but don't quite have tyre time to go home, do superspeed, then go to the gym, and get a meaningful workout in.

I could do my superspeed in the AM before work M/W/F, I just need to become a better morning person.

Does anyone do the superspeed on same day as workouts, just split AM/PM? How about superspeed days in between workout days? I don't want to compromise the effectiveness of doing superspeed because I'm fatigued and not getting the most out of it.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen