2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Hard to believe they might be shipping in 2 weeks and still no info. Did anyone even see the Mevo at the CES show or has it been all hearsay? Its been 10 days and FS hasnt even shipped my stickers yet. Im starting to doubt sending them my $542 dollars.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I understand some of you guys have better knowledge about how those LM are calculating their numbers.

I'm looking forward to see first reviews of Mevo because I'm looking for a LM that could help me fine tune my approach shots <130yds. I dont care about face, direction, curvature because I can see it or feel it. But I do not know exactly if I carried 75 or 80yds and its a birdie or no birdie chance. I dont care about spin because thats something you can also feel most of the time in those shots.

The question is do you think mevo could get me that without the metal dots (on range)? Does it need spin to be accurate? I think something that is +-2yds is absolutely fine for me.

IMO range balls are inconsistent and will perform differently to your premium ball you use on the course, mainly iron spin. Hence to dial in your yardages based on range balls won't be correct

Mevo would be perfect for gap testing using your own balls or alternatively in the range balls are of consistent quality, take asmple of 10 against 10 of your premium and see the difference in spin. Then use fs optimiser to see effect of this. Then might be within your 2 yd tolerance

I understand some of you guys have better knowledge about how those LM are calculating their numbers.

I'm looking forward to see first reviews of Mevo because I'm looking for a LM that could help me fine tune my approach shots <130yds. I dont care about face, direction, curvature because I can see it or feel it. But I do not know exactly if I carried 75 or 80yds and its a birdie or no birdie chance. I dont care about spin because thats something you can also feel most of the time in those shots.

The question is do you think mevo could get me that without the metal dots (on range)? Does it need spin to be accurate? I think something that is +-2yds is absolutely fine for me.

Whats the deal with Flightscopes return policy? They could at least give you 7 days. I will defiantly be posting my review here once I get mine.

4. FlightScope Mevo Return Policy

FlightScope hardware may be returned for refund subject to a restocking fee within 3 calendar days from delivery date. No refunds will be processed after the 3 calendar day grace period. Customer must notify FlightScope within 3 days of the delivery date if you believe any part of your purchase is missing, wrong or damaged, to arrange for refund or exchange. All refunds are subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price. If a return is the result of an error by FlightScope the restocking fee will not apply. Products must be returned to FlightScope in their original packaging, and include all accessories, documentation and media that accompanied the delivery. Customer is responsible for risk of loss, shipping and handling fees for returning or exchanging a Product.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Whats the deal with Flightscopes return policy? They could at least give you 7 days. I will defiantly be posting my review here once I get mine.

FlightScope hardware may be returned for refund subject to a restocking fee within 3 calendar days from delivery date. No refunds will be processed after the 3 calendar day grace period. Customer must notify FlightScope within 3 days of the delivery date if you believe any part of your purchase is missing, wrong or damaged, to arrange for refund or exchange. All refunds are subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price. If a return is the result of an error by FlightScope the restocking fee will not apply. Products must be returned to FlightScope in their original packaging, and include all accessories, documentation and media that accompanied the delivery. Customer is responsible for risk of loss, shipping and handling fees for returning or exchanging a Product.

So many questions need to be answered for me. Accuracy? Can I hit into a net and how much space is needed? How is the software? How is the swing video capturing feature?

Without a single review available and that ridiculous return policy I think it's a fool's errand to preorder this thing...

IMO range balls are inconsistent and will perform differently to your premium ball you use on the course, mainly iron spin. Hence to dial in your yardages based on range balls won't be correct

Mevo would be perfect for gap testing using your own balls or alternatively in the range balls are of consistent quality, take asmple of 10 against 10 of your premium and see the difference in spin. Then use fs optimiser to see effect of this. Then might be within your 2 yd

I understand that within long shots those factors (spin and ball itself) migth be very important for the ball flight but I think that in the range 30-130yds its much more about what you do with the ball, your lunch angle etc that "creates" carry. Of course what the ball would do after the ball lands depend on the spin and the ball itself but thats not important for me. I onky want to fine tune carry.

Mevo would be perfect for gap testing using your own balls or alternatively in the range balls are of consistent quality, take asmple of 10 against 10 of your premium and see the difference in spin. Then use fs optimiser to see effect of this. Then might be within your 2 yd

I understand that within long shots those factors (spin and ball itself) migth be very important for the ball flight but I think that in the range 30-130yds its much more about what you do with the ball, your lunch angle etc that "creates" carry. Of course what the ball would do after the ball lands depend on the spin and the ball itself but thats not important for me. I onky want to fine tune carry.

Depends on the range balls themselves. The low compression balls will fly 10-15% shorter so on a 130 yard shot you're losing quite a bit.

Like I said my club has NXTs on the range and it's already a little borderline for being a useful tool. We've got a range that is about 120 yards long and you hit at a real green so I take my shag bag that has all Pro V1Xs in it and use mine there for the most part.

If you don't have good range balls you could drive yourself crazy trying to figure out of inconsistencies are your fault or the ball's fault.

Where is Mevo? No video on YouTube, no review by flightscope or others.

The company wants you to preorder it and can't give you a shipping date.

This is has turned to the missing Malaysia MH370 airplane conspiracy.

I will hold on to my money.

Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

Nope. There is already a long thread already here. New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1435082-New-%2524500-Flightscope-personal-launch-monitor-%2528MERGED%2529

A link to this thread? Lol.

That was a good one. Was trying to post that in a different sub forum that someone asked about the mevo. Facepalm....

They must have removed the post about the Mevo video. The veil of secrecy continues!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Nope. There is already a long thread already here. New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

http://www.golfwrx.c...or-%28MERGED%29

That was a good one. Was trying to post that in a different sub forum that someone asked about the mevo. Facepalm....

Maybe you're not dreaming. A mod may have moved it?

No reviews yet???

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

You may be right. I thought I was just losing it.

You may be right. I thought I was just losing it.

When I saw your post, I laughed because I swore I thought you had made your post in another thread, too! I really do believe it was merged into this one. LOL!

3.55" x 2.76" I didn't realize how small this unit was until I traced it out on paper. Basically the same size as a deck of cards.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

3.55" x 2.76" I didn't realize how small this unit was until I traced it out on paper. Basically the same size as a deck of cards.

Correct. This is why pages ago I was saying it wasn't even close to the same systems as the other Flightscope units. I noticed it when I saw how big the mini USB port was looked - then they released the dimensions.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I'm really hoping its better then the ES12 or a SC200. My order was placed on Feb 21 and this is going to be a long wait. $75 restocking fee is a little rough if the units don't review well. Hopefully the units work as advertised and change the launch monitor business. Seems like all the other FS products have excellent reviews.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Now I wonder if this is where in the UK at least we are covered by a Online/Distance Selling Regulation that normally means you can return an item within 30 days (IIRC) and get a full refund, no restocking fee...that said we'll be paying £500 instead of the cheaper $500 you guys will so we are still getting shafted.

Hi guys, do we have any info of the accuracy.

I just hope that the accuracy will be like:

+- 1 mph for ball and clubheadspeed ( 2 mph range)

+- 0.75 deg for LA ( 1.5 deg range)

+- 100 rpm for spin ( 200 rpm range)

Am i dreaming ?

I have the ES14 where the ball speed is within 2 mph compared to TM So i think the men should be as accurate.

The pain the A** with the es14 is thst you need to place the device correctly ... i hope that with the mevo you just need to put it like 3-4 yards behind the ball snd you are done.

Good news guys, there is the golf show at paris this WE, i hope thst flighscope will demo the mevo!!!!

Come on Flightscope, Where is the video? Not even a real picture of it on the web yet. I'm this close on pulling the plug on my Mevo order.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6