New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Its going to take a few months for the Mevo to stabilize out. Unfortunately the first few hundred people are going to take it on the chin. Same thing was mentioned about the SC100's being junk and the SC200 is miles above it but still not perfect. I saw a tweet about FS hiring a IOS app developer. Is this an addition to their team or replacing one? I would really like to see the Mevo succeed so it progresses the industry.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Its going to take a few months for the Mevo to stabilize out. Unfortunately the first few hundred people are going to take it on the chin. Same thing was mentioned about the SC100's being junk and the SC200 is miles above it but still not perfect. I saw a tweet about FS hiring a IOS app developer. Is this an addition to their team or replacing one? I would really like to see the Mevo succeed so it progresses the industry.

Using mine this afternoon so hopefully an update tonight . Facebook group users have said at 4 ft Mevo from ball really has them dialed in . Originally it was recommended 5' or more but now since app update 4' seems to be giving great results. FS customer service seems to be awesome as one user on FB had some issues and FS actually called him after reading his post to help him out. That's impressive customer service in my book ! With any new product comes a learning curve but I'm encouraged with the app updates which shows they're trying to improve product and improve the user experience.

I'm an iOS developer...I wonder if they hire remotely or are looking for a consulting agency to take over ;)

Just got a phone call from FS - New app update version 1.08. I know many are frustrated by constant updates but I greatly appreciate their diligence. Hope they'll keep them coming and eventually add a combine or testing feature.

Did they mention what it was for? The description in the app store was vague:

-Improvements in table view

-Improvements in flow

Here is my review . First off this is my first launch monitor . I'm comparing my numbers to a recent club fitting and my general idea of my carry numbers .

First impression : I really like it .

Here is my setup : Mevo 4' from ball. Net 9.5' from ball.

84 shots and only 3 that didn't register. Wow . 1 was a hook. Other 2 I think my phone or the Mevo disconnected from each other. I was eye balling. Ball placement so I'm super impressed i didn't have issues with my shots being read .

8 iron: I alternated dot on a ball and no dot . Carry distance wasn't affected . Spin differed by 1,000. Carry yardage seemed right what I think I am .

7 iron : spin was off around 500 with no dots. Carry right in line with what I would expect .

5 hybrid : Spin difference was minimal. Yardage looked accurate .

I hit a 7i really fat . I have a country club elite mat and if u chunk it ur club digs In like a real course not like a range mat where ur club may bounce and glide into ball and u get an unrealistic carry . My swing speed was 94 but my smash was 89. Carry was under 100 yards . Super impressed that it registered my horrible strike and my carry was probably similar to what would happen at a course. On flip side I had a few nice swings that were low 80's but great hits and smash was 1.45 and the yardage reflected those great hits .

I've read swing speed seems a little fast with Mevo and I would agree . I think I'm Low 80's not mid to high 80's that registered.

I love the app. Being able to sit back after a range session and review numbers is awesome .

I'll try next week to hit a range that uses newer balls and has easy to read distance markers to see if Mevo lines up .

So far I have zero issues.

My Mevo is shipping May 17th! Order in the 830s...

Order #828, same shipping date according to the email that I received earlier today. Giddy up!

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Here is my review . First off this is my first launch monitor . I'm comparing my numbers to a recent club fitting and my general idea of my carry numbers .

First impression : I really like it .

Here is my setup : Mevo 4' from ball. Net 9.5' from ball.

84 shots and only 3 that didn't register. Wow . 1 was a hook. Other 2 I think my phone or the Mevo disconnected from each other. I was eye balling. Ball placement so I'm super impressed i didn't have issues with my shots being read .

8 iron: I alternated dot on a ball and no dot . Carry distance wasn't affected . Spin differed by 1,000. Carry yardage seemed right what I think I am .

7 iron : spin was off around 500 with no dots. Carry right in line with what I would expect .

5 hybrid : Spin difference was minimal. Yardage looked accurate .

I hit a 7i really fat . I have a country club elite mat and if u chunk it ur club digs In like a real course not like a range mat where ur club may bounce and glide into ball and u get an unrealistic carry . My swing speed was 94 but my smash was 89. Carry was under 100 yards . Super impressed that it registered my horrible strike and my carry was probably similar to what would happen at a course. On flip side I had a few nice swings that were low 80's but great hits and smash was 1.45 and the yardage reflected those great hits .

I've read swing speed seems a little fast with Mevo and I would agree . I think I'm mid to high 80's not some 90's that registered.

I love the app. Being able to sit back after a range session and review numbers is awesome .

I'll try next week to hit a range that uses newer balls and has easy to read distance markers to see if Mevo lines up .

So far I have zero issues.

Nice review!

i'm convinced that i have some sort of error w/ my note 5 bluetooth as the phone is almost 2 years old and I've tried everything on here and on the flightscope fb page and I can't get this thing to dial in at all and is actually getting worse. It say READY and I'll hit and either not register or it'll pop up a little screen where it is trying to figure it out and will either comeback as not registering or once in awhile the app will die. I have the original IPAD as well and while I was able to download the app thanks to the advice of someone on here, it won't connect. One thing that I havn't seen anything written about, but havn't looked to hard is that the course I'm at is fairly tight treeline wise (we don't have a driving range) and we are sorta of in a valley where 1 side of the course is up on a big hill. I'm not sure if its having trouble distinguishing where the ball is or not. I'll keep on trying different distances, but its getting frustrating as when it works it is great!

I've had the Mevo for about 10 days now. The latest update has gone a long way in avoinding missed shots. Like everyone else, the range is solid but forget about getting it to work on the course.

I compared it side by side with trackman at my club fitter. Ball speed was damn near identical. +/- .02 mph difference. Club head speed seemed to be off +/- 5mph, although I had some really high driver readings a few times (mevo at 122mph and trackman maxed around 110).

The biggest difference was carry distance on the mevo. Mevo consistenly tread carry distances of 10-15yds farther than trackman.

My take away: ball speed was spot on, everything else is a little inaccurate.

I've had the Mevo for about 10 days now. The latest update has gone a long way in avoinding missed shots. Like everyone else, the range is solid but forget about getting it to work on the course.

I compared it side by side with trackman at my club fitter. Ball speed was damn near identical. +/- .02 mph difference. Club head speed seemed to be off +/- 5mph, although I had some really high driver readings a few times (mevo at 122mph and trackman maxed around 110).

The biggest difference was carry distance on the mevo. Mevo consistenly tread carry distances of 10-15yds farther than trackman.

Did you compare the launch angle and spin to trackman? If ballspeed was was the same one of the other two (or both) had to be way off...Just curious which. I'm guessing spin?

Did you compare the launch angle and spin to trackman? If ballspeed was was the same one of the other two (or both) had to be way off...Just curious which. I'm guessing spin?

While I haven't looked into the Mevo that much, nor know enough about the specs, I also tend to wonder if the difference could be that the Mevo comes closer to 'closed' data, since it doesn't track the entire flight, vs the Trackman, which should be tracking entire flight and giving 'real' distance number, at least for carry.

When I've been into Club Champion for fittings (indoor trackman) I've noticed my carry number are always way shorter than real life (1.5 club difference). I used to hit a ton of balls at GolfTec who used GC2 and my numbers matched identically to real life. I've always wondered why the big discrepancy..? How do your real life numbers match with Mevo vs. Trackman?

Unfortunately I only had about 20 mins to do the comparison and I didnt notate the smash/launch/spin numbers. Also a big note, I did not use the metallic dot on the ball. I'm going back in next week and I'll post the results of the side by side trackman output vs mevo, with the metallic dot.

For this past comparison, I hit driver, 6i and 8i. About 10 yards on the irons and 15 on the driver.

When I've been into Club Champion for fittings (indoor trackman) I've noticed my carry number are always way shorter than real life (1.5 club difference). I used to hit a ton of balls at GolfTec who used GC2 and my numbers matched identically to real life. I've always wondered why the big discrepancy..? How do your real life numbers match with Mevo vs. Trackman?

Funny you mention club champion. I'm a big believer in what they do, but I've had a sneaking suspicion that they tweak their results slightly. Looking at all the trackman reports from my visits with them, my smash factor is consistently higher in my club champion visits versus my other trackman sessions. I'm curious if they're tweaking the results to only include your better shots which lead to the discrepancies.

That might not be what you're seeing or referencing though.

That was one thing the MEVO did consistently with the driver club head speed way too high sometimes as much as 7-8 mph compared to Trackman and SC200. The carry distance made absolutely no sense with those high swingspeed. Saw a few as low as 197 yards with a 102 swing speed. Even with a slight mishit should have been 215 carry as others read out..

With the latest update, Is the Mevo capture rate still around 70-75% or has it improved?

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

With the latest update, Is the Mevo capture rate still around 70-75% or has it improved?

I have only had Mevo for 4 days and have had only 1 missed shot on roughly 100 swings . I hooked a ball into my net . Manual says badly hooked or sliced shots won't be read . And I was eye balling ball placement on mat but I was exactly 4 feet from Mevo.

My worst capture rate for any given session was off the initial build and it was 90%.

Just took mine to my local driving range. Owner hit 15 shots with a 7 iron, and MEVO picked all of them up. What was impressive was how well MEVO performed with his inconsistent shots. He sprayed shots anywhere from 150 yards to 187 yards, and his shorter shots had more curvature. MEVO picked all of his shots up and were all verified to be within 2-3 yards of actual carry. When we were done, he said the accuracy was "scary."

My worst capture rate for any given session was off the initial build and it was 90%.

Just took mine to my local driving range. Owner hit 15 shots with a 7 iron, and MEVO picked all of them up. What was impressive was how well MEVO performed with his inconsistent shots. He sprayed shots anywhere from 150 yards to 187 yards, and his shorter shots had more curvature. MEVO picked all of his shots up and were all verified to be within 2-3 yards of actual carry. When we were done, he said the accuracy was "scary."

Were these shots on the driving range with or without the metallic dots?

I'm kicking around the idea of buying another Mevo. My brother in law really wanted my first SC200 before I sold and now wants my new one. He is one of those people who refuses to buy anything on the internet and said he would give me $300 cash for it today. I was like what ever, if you want it that bad you can have it. I'm really that attached to it.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I had to move mine to the 4 foot range per tech supports recommendation. I have app version 1.0.8 and yesterday hit 81 shots and all were 100% captured. I even moved the ball around as the divot grew and still no errors. I even went a foot left and right of center line and it still was 100% Way better than when I first used it.

No metallic dots used on this session either.

I'm kicking around the idea of buying another Mevo. My brother in law really wanted my first SC200 before I sold and now wants my new one. He is one of those people who refuses to buy anything on the internet and said he would give me $300 cash for it today. I was like what ever, if you want it that bad you can have it. I'm really that attached to it.

Lol you just sold your mevo, talk about indecisive...love it though, golf makes us do strange things