2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Im literally shocked that my 2nd Mevo has not missed any shots. Night and day.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I think the frequent app updates have gotten the Mevo dialed in . 4 ft from ball and net at least 9 feet from ball with irons. Also now u can click on what club u used and it just list those shots . Either a Nice update or something I didn't see earlier . Hopefully soon they can give you averages of your shots by club which would be a welcome addition.

9 feet from ball to net picks up everything. 8' from ball to net picks up irons and hybrid but not 3w or Driver. 66 swings and maybe 3 didnt register.

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4498.png

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Hitting without a net it seemed like it was best with the Mevo 6' back. All my wedges were 3-4 yards within the laser and most were within 2 yards. I wondered what the Mevo would do with the stickers on the side of the ball and the Mevo picked it up but was missing data. Stickers do need pointed down the target line. The material that the unit seems different then the first one. The red band seems more like urethane then rubber like my first one. The Mevo really makes my SC200's seem like a toy where this is a professional product.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Hitting without a net it seemed like it was best with the Mevo 6' back. All my wedges were 3-4 yards within the laser and most were within 2 yards. I wondered what the Mevo would do with the stickers on the side of the ball and the Mevo picked it up but was missing data. Stickers do need pointed down the target line. The material that the unit seems different then the first one. The red band seems more like urethane then rubber like my first one. The Mevo really makes my SC200's seem like a toy where this is a professional product.

Have really enjoyed your in depth Mevo posts and video...Great that your second Mevo is working well :good: Is the iPad fs app working too?

I think the frequent app updates have gotten the Mevo dialed in . 4 ft from ball and net at least 9 feet from ball with irons. Also now u can click on what club u used and it just list those shots . Either a Nice update or something I didn't see earlier . Hopefully soon they can give you averages of your shots by club which would be a welcome addition.

FYI - they are now providing averages online @ my flightscope.com though there seems to be a lag in updates.

FYI - they are now providing averages online @ my flightscope.com though there seems to be a lag in updates.

I noticed that. I haven't found a means via the website to delete shots though. As great as the averages are, it would be nice to be able to remove and/or suppress anomalies.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I noticed that. I haven't found a means via the website to delete shots though. As great as the averages are, it would be nice to be able to remove and/or suppress anomalies.

Yes definitely could use that and more UI enhancements for the App and Web Portal will be appreciated. Pretty happy with their progress so far though....

Spent some time on the Mevo today and was was obvious that my smash factor was low being in the 1.30 range. The impact tape on the face was showing low and towards the heel. Took a trip to Golf Galaxy and picked up two of the Golf Pride align grips. I took 1/4" off my driver and flattened the lie and saw instant results. Smash factor/ball speed came up and launch angle came down. Impact grouping is now dead center and smoking the ball. Couldn't have done it without numbers from the Mevo.

IMG_0143.pngwindows 7 print screen

IMG_0144.pngpost a picture

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Spent some time on the Mevo today and was was obvious that my smash factor was low being in the 1.30 range. The impact tape on the face was showing low and towards the heel. Took a trip to Golf Galaxy and picked up two of the Golf Pride align grips. I took 1/4" off my driver and flattened the lie and saw instant results. Smash factor/ball speed came up and launch angle came down. Impact grouping is now dead center and smoking the ball. Couldn't have done it without numbers from the Mevo.

Question you really thing the golf align grips are helping with ur grip and alignment that much ? I saw a video on them today . Gimmick or the real deal in ur limited use? Slippery?

Question you really thing the golf align grips are helping with ur grip and alignment that much ? I saw a video on them today . Gimmick or the real deal in ur limited use? Slippery?

I switched to the align grips last week and have played 4 rounds with them. They are awesome! Probably not worth switching if your grips are still good, but definitely worth it if it's time to regrip. Most tour players use a ribbed grip and that is what these feel like. FYI. If you pick one up in the store and hold it uninstalled, it doesn't feel any different. Once you put the grip on, the raised edge is a very prominent feeling on your fingers. I like them!

I switched to the align grips last week and have played 4 rounds with them. They are awesome! Probably not worth switching if your grips are still good, but definitely worth it if it's time to regrip. Most tour players use a ribbed grip and that is what these feel like. FYI. If you pick one up in the store and hold it uninstalled, it doesn't feel any different. Once you put the grip on, the raised edge is a very prominent feeling on your fingers. I like them!

Did u put them on all ur clubs? I have fairly new. Golf pride Grips but not loving them. . Thinking of switching . Thanks

I personally really like them on the woods and hybrid but didnt really like it on my iron I tried it on. On the woods I feel like I can put the same grip on the club with my hands every time.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Did u put them on all ur clubs? I have fairly new. Golf pride Grips but not loving them. . Thinking of switching . Thanks

I put them on every club in my bag including my practice wedges with 2 pieces of tape. My Mevo hasn't shown me having any drastic improvement but they certainly feel better to me. Hoping they will increase consistency in the long run!

I find that I don't use the stickers unless I'm hitting my wedges. The wedges will read about 7-8 yards long without but almost spot on with them on. The rest of the clubs I'm just looking for a general distance.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Does it not pick up yards off line?

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

No. it doesn't measure lateral movement of the ball. It is a 2D system, distance and height are the two dimensions that it will provide.

Glad I asked. This would make it useless into a net as far as I am concerned.

New Level SPN Milled 53 

No. it doesn't measure lateral movement of the ball. It is a 2D system, distance and height are the two dimensions that it will provide.

No offense, but it is far from useless unto a net. Once you start learning your numbers, it is an excellent tool to improve ball striking. It's not hard to learn when you hit a toe/heel miss and it isn't hard to tell what those are gonna do. You can easily see where on the net you are hitting to tell if you pull or push the shot.

If you want more data, buy a used Xi series or Skytrak. Those are your options within a few thousand dollars.

No offense, but it is far from useless unto a net. Once you start learning your numbers, it is an excellent tool to improve ball striking. It's not hard to learn when you hit a toe/heel miss and it isn't hard to tell what those are gonna do. You can easily see where on the net you are hitting to tell if you pull or push the shot.

If you want more data, buy a used Xi series or Skytrak. Those are your options within a few thousand dollars.

No offense taken and maybe useless was to strong of a word but you can hit solid feeling pushes, pulls, fades and draws and all of those will affect the numbers. If you cant see ballfight you are not getting the whole picture. I can see this thing being usefull for dialing in wedge distance since there is not a lot of curve on them but that about it.

New Level SPN Milled 53 

I think its super useful when your at the house and cant get to the range or feel like packing up the clubs to go somewhere. 5 minutes to setup my net and mat and start swinging away. Since my league plays 3 seperate 9 hole courses, I grab a score card and play a virtual round. Opening hole is 375, I hit driver 250 which leaves me 125 yards. Grab a 9 iron and Change the Mevo and hit about five 9 irons to that yardage then move on. Its all what you make of it. For the price of four Mevos, you can have a Skytrak that measures side spin. $2k buys me 52 nine hole rounds at my local course. I spent some time preparing for this weeks round that the first 2 holes are tight opening shots and you cant hit driver for risk of driving it through the fairway. Pull my hybrid and hit a few shots and Im tuned up and good to go.

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4509.png

IMG_4510.png

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6