New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Interesting. I got a phone call and email from flightscope that an updated app is out. Given the effort decided to head to the range.

If you guys had pick up issues before give it a try. I usually like to test more before concluding but it is night and day. It went from missing like half my shots to picking up anything 6 inches front back and to the side. It even picks up 40 yard pitches. Which it never did before. I'll play around and see if accuracy has suffered but seems fine do far. Nice job Flightscope.

Yeah no idea what they did. But i went from capturing half my shots to it literally missed nothing dropped in the general area. I even tried a 15 yard chip and it picked it up. Maybe I got really lucky tonight. I'll update tomorrow if it suddenly goes back to normal haha.

I didn't have my skytrak so couldn't get a pure read on accuracy. There were some questionable readings that seemed to happen when I went too far forward or behind. But if it keeps picking up like it did today it's an ok trade-off. It did also had no data on a few clubspeed readings. Mainly on driver. But the ball data still showed.

Interesting. I got a phone call and email from flightscope that an updated app is out. Given the effort decided to head to the range.

If you guys had pick up issues before give it a try. I usually like to test more before concluding but it is night and day. It went from missing like half my shots to picking up anything 6 inches front back and to the side. It even picks up 40 yard pitches. Which it never did before. I'll play around and see if accuracy has suffered but seems fine do far. Nice job Flightscope.

Version Recap

4/24/17 1.0.4 Rollout

5/1/17 1.0.6 Fixes to missing club data; bluetooth communications fixes; adjustable tee distance; general improvements

5/10/17 1.0.7 Improved data processing; less strict e-mail validation; default settings modified;

I guess (for now) I'm glad I didn't jump on this like I wanted to. If FS can improve the sensitivity so I can more-or-less set it behind the ball on the course I will be all in. It's pointless for me on the range since all I have around me is limited flight balls, but I see this as more valuable for actual playing-golf situation numbers anyway.

Cobra F9 Atmos Black 7X
Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT SS1X
Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT SS1X
TM Hi Toe 50, 54 (55), 58 (60) X100 SS2X
Scotty Cameron

The only conclusion anyone can draw now is based on what the Mevo is today not what it will be in version 8 or even 2.

That's about the same as saying your phone will only be as good as the day you bought it. Last I checked, there's a benefit to updating software. Complaints about video length, missed shots... tolerances can be adjusted based on learning. Given the fact their engineers had these things for about two weeks before us is fairly brazen to suggest that "this is it".

Negatory batman, I said that's the only conclusions one can draw now is what the device is now. Of course the device is going to evolve, software going to improve, etc - but just because the Mevo will be a pocket size Trackman 4 in a couple of years doesn't mean folks drawing conclusions today can take it into consideration. The device/software is what it is today, not tomorrow.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Seems weird to me that software would improve this. You didn't need to upgrade the firmware on your mevo?

I wondered this too. Maybe all the data processing is done in the app so the device becomes a "dumb" data collection machine? Then virtually all updates can be handled through the app and the chances of a firmware update are slim.

Seems weird to me that software would improve this. You didn't need to upgrade the firmware on your mevo?

I wondered this too. Maybe all the data processing is done in the app so the device becomes a "dumb" data collection machine? Then virtually all updates can be handled through the app and the chances of a firmware update are slim.

It's interesting. I put in my order last week despite all the negatives about missed shots. My biggest concern is becoming frustrated with my tech during a range session. The latest review on this thread has me excited. I think some of the early adopters who already sold their device (honda) could be pretty bummed when this thing stabilizes.

It's interesting. I put in my order last week despite all the negatives about missed shots. My biggest concern is becoming frustrated with my tech during a range session. The latest review on this thread has me excited. I think some of the early adopters who already sold their device (honda) could be pretty bummed when this thing stabilizes.

Let us know your thoughts when you get it, im going to wait a few months and than pull the trigger..(unless something new comes out)

I will keep an eye on it. I submitted feedback to FS about some tweaks they need to do. I still stand by the Mevo is the best Launch Monitor in that $500 category. I would imagine by the end of summer they should have it all ironed out. Money I made off of mine paid for my SC200. They are still going to have to figure out the leveling issue to get accurate launch angle data. They should ditch the kickstand and use a built in tripod with a bubble level. Laser levels have small stands that maybe they can steal the design from. Better yet might me a floating gimbal where the mevo just hangs from a small tripod. Go Pro makes a bunch of stuff for their cameras and drones.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

The only thing I noticed last week, that may be related to improved shot pickup and the app, was my previous numbers would disappear and nothing showed up. There were times I would step away to check my phone and come back with numbers that popped up.

I wonder if the numbers clearing and occasional slow processing meant it was detecting the shot but some bug was keeping it from spitting out the numbers. Just speculating.

Should have mine by end of day . If weather holds up I'll post a review by the weekend. My purchase was for home

Use mat/ net in back yard and occasional Range visit . I won't be using on course . To me setting up a launch monitor for shots on a course seems like over kill . If I'm 150 out and use my 7 iron and plop it up on the green or I come up short and land in a bunker( more likely, lol) I don't need a launch monitor for feedback . Just my opinion .

It looks like the latest update added 2 more parameters. I'm not sure whether they are measured or calculated, but time the ball is in the air and height of the ball are both available now.

I wonder if the default view changed. Both height and carry time were always available on my device. I think both would have to be calculated (extrapolated based on measured data).

BTW, height is of interest to me. PGA tour data suggests the average apex across all clubs is roughly the same for the pros. Anyone else notice this?

Yep this is what a lot try to achieve. Watch the Jason dufner video on spin loft on TrackMan YouTube and he talks about

It looks like the latest update added 2 more parameters. I'm not sure whether they are measured or calculated, but time the ball is in the air and height of the ball are both available now.

I wonder if the default view changed. Both height and carry time were always available on my device. I think both would have to be calculated (extrapolated based on measured data).

BTW, height is of interest to me. PGA tour data suggests the average apex across all clubs is roughly the same for the pros. Anyone else notice this?

3 software update releases in 10 days. Nothing like testing code in production. Atleast they are on top of it though.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I went out this morning with the new app update and had better results with missed shots. I was still at about 30% missed though. I called tech support to while on the range to discuss that and also the radar voice would say "ready" right at impact 100% of the time. It never did that on previous versions. Tech support said are trying to change the app so it will say "tracking" right at impact. He suggested I move the mevo from 7 feet to 4 feet and I then got 100% shot capture after that. I had tried 4 feet before on older app versions and had still gotten errors. This now the best result I've had over the 3 app versions at 4 feet.

Received mine today and hit some shots with a 8 iron. I have a ES14 pro too but my instructor has a FS X2 and a SkyTrak. Will post some numbers later tomorrow.

But what the other member said was true for me too: when ball was 6 feet away, it did not record some shots, but when moved up to 4 feet away all my shots were captured.

Will be testing at the range at my local club tomorrow (if no rain ️). Stay tuned

The only problem I experienced with the SC200 is getting a good one that will work consistently. The first one I had was was extremely accurate for all clubs compared to a Trackman set up at a shop I frequent. Then for no reason it wouldn't measure anything. Distance, location, new batteries nothing could make it work. Should have returned it as defective but instead blasted it into many pieces with an old driver (can anyone say juvenile).. After a few weeks without it I decided to get another one. By now the shop had 4 in stock and I was able to compare all to the Trackman. 2 were very bad for virtually every club. 2 were close except for 1 club in each. One was inaccurate for the driver, one for hybrids. So I took the one that had trouble with hybrids since I don't use them. So far this one reads everything..already much longer than first one. It's only problem is it occasionally sets the volume to 5 instead of the 0 I picked as default. Of course it scares the bejeebers out of everyone yelling my usually lousy first shot yardage out.. It has the advantage of not having to be perfectly level, not having to be exactly behind the ball, not particularly sensitive to an exact distance from the ball, can be used on the course, and has a nice remote to change clubs and customize lofts for each club. The bottom line is discovering an accurate one...all are fine on a comparative basis. There is no resemblance between the SC200 and the original SC100 which was horrible on all accounts. The SC100 did give much higher club head speeds like the old BEL units which was a "good" sales tool..

My guess is the second generation of the MEVO will be like the second generation voice caddy a significant improvement..

The only problem I experienced with the SC200 is getting a good one that will work consistently. The first one I had was was extremely accurate for all clubs compared to a Trackman set up at a shop I frequent. Then for no reason it wouldn't measure anything. Distance, location, new batteries nothing could make it work. Should have returned it as defective but instead blasted it into many pieces with an old driver (can anyone say juvenile).. After a few weeks without it I decided to get another one. By now the shop had 4 in stock and I was able to compare all to the Trackman. 2 were very bad for virtually every club. 2 were close except for 1 club in each. One was inaccurate for the driver, one for hybrids. So I took the one that had trouble with hybrids since I don't use them. So far this one reads everything..already much longer than first one. It's only problem is it occasionally sets the volume to 5 instead of the 0 I picked as default. Of course it scares the bejeebers out of everyone yelling my usually lousy first shot yardage out.. It has the advantage of not having to be perfectly level, not having to be exactly behind the ball, not particularly sensitive to an exact distance from the ball, can be used on the course, and has a nice remote to change clubs and customize lofts for each club. The bottom line is discovering an accurate one...all are fine on a comparative basis. There is no resemblance between the SC200 and the original SC100 which was horrible on all accounts. The SC100 did give much higher club head speeds like the old BEL units which was a "good" sales tool..

My guess is the second generation of the MEVO will be like the second generation voice caddy a significant improvement..

My 2nd SC200 reads the wedges long and the driver short compared to the first one. It picks up everything though. In the grass, on the grass, on the mat, off the mat. It hasn't missed one shot yet. I noticed my club head speed of the newest SC200 reads almost exactly the same as my SSR and is about 4-5mph slower then the Mevo. 7 iron I was getting 90 mph club head speeds with a distance of 160 and smash of 1.2 with the Mevo. Same 7 iron on the SC200 reads 85mph, 158 carry and 1.35 smash. Ball speeds were about the same. Carry distance with the driver on the SC200 shows 220 with a 104mph swing. Switch it to total yards with the driver and its around 251-248 yards which seems more accurate. SC200 feels cheap like my Bel Swingmate but it works. Miss rate of the Mevo was frustrating and annoying and takes away from everything good about the Mevo.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

My 2nd SC200 reads the wedges long and the driver short compared to the first one. It picks up everything though. In the grass, on the grass, on the mat, off the mat. It hasn't missed one shot yet. I noticed my club head speed of the newest SC200 reads almost exactly the same as my SSR and is about 4-5mph slower then the Mevo. 7 iron I was getting 90 mph club head speeds with a distance of 160 and smash of 1.2 with the Mevo. Same 7 iron on the SC200 reads 85mph, 158 carry and 1.35 smash. Ball speeds were about the same. Carry distance with the driver on the SC200 shows 220 with a 104mph swing. Switch it to total yards with the driver and its around 251-248 yards which seems more accurate. SC200 feels cheap like my Bel Swingmate but it works. Miss rate of the Mevo was frustrating and annoying and takes away from everything good about the Mevo.

FS also mentioned in their email the weird smash and club head speeds I was getting was addressed in the app update as well. I haven't had the chance to really verify it out as I've been moving the ball around. On driver it seems to be more consistent but again haven't really tried to check it out. (I used to vary from 91 with a 1.54 smash to 107 with a 1.38 smash)