New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Sounds like it's picking up more of the outside of club than centre like ss radar. This explains Hondabuffs low 7i smash

Clubhead speed is notoriously difficult to measure correctly for fs and TM, as very hard to discern centre of club. It will vary with what it picks up model to model. It's most accurate with quad as it can see the clubhead centre

More serious is the launch angle deficiency. Agree that if it's not self levelling don't see his this can be accurate, which is a worry

Sounds like it will only be accurate when you hit into a net off terrain you know is perfectly level. This would defeat the purpose for me as I would want to take on course. Suppose you could get your launch numbers at home and then assume same launch on course and rely on bs for distance. But this seems less than ideal especially for driver

How were the spin numbers?

I've done side-by-side comparisons with my Xi+, my club's X2 and my Mevo. The ball speeds are spot on, but clubhead speeds are consistently reading much faster; anywhere from 3-8 mph. For example, Xi+/X2 will show 102 mph and the Mevo will read 108. Launch angle is also consistently off; typically 2° too high.

Regarding launch angle, what does the Mevo use as a "level" reference? My Xi+ auto-levels based on the terrain, but if the Mevo is angled slightly up/down, does it adjust? If not, the launch angle data seems useless. I'm not going to be able to get the Mevo perfectly level when setting it on grass, so it's often going to be off by a couple of degrees.

Sounds like it's picking up more of the outside of club than centre like ss radar. This explains Hondabuffs low 7i smash

Clubhead speed is notoriously difficult to measure correctly for fs and TM, as very hard to discern centre of club. It will vary with what it picks up model to model. It's most accurate with quad as it can see the clubhead centre

More serious is the launch angle deficiency. Agree that if it's not self levelling don't see his this can be accurate, which is a worry

Sounds like it will only be accurate when you hit into a net off terrain you know is perfectly level. This would defeat the purpose for me as I would want to take on course. Suppose you could get your launch numbers at home and then assume same launch on course and rely on bs for distance. But this seems less than ideal especially for driver

I've done side-by-side comparisons with my Xi+, my club's X2 and my Mevo. The ball speeds are spot on, but clubhead speeds are consistently reading much faster; anywhere from 3-8 mph. For example, Xi+/X2 will show 102 mph and the Mevo will read 108. Launch angle is also consistently off; typically 2° too high.

Regarding launch angle, what does the Mevo use as a "level" reference? My Xi+ auto-levels based on the terrain, but if the Mevo is angled slightly up/down, does it adjust? If not, the launch angle data seems useless. I'm not going to be able to get the Mevo perfectly level when setting it on grass, so it's often going to be off by a couple of degrees.

Maybe it's worth taping a bubble level on it? When I get mine, I'll be looking at that. The kickstand could be under extended or over extended and cause that.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I'm just curious, but if you have an xi, why bother with a mevo?

I'm installing a Full Swing sim in my house, so the Xi+ will become somewhat redundant. My hope was that the Mevo would be "good enough" for casual range use and I could sell the Xi+.

[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 917 D2 9.25° - OBAN Devotion6 (65g) 4-Flex PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3W: Titleist 917 F2 15° - OBAN Devotion7 (75g) 4-Flex PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3H: Titleist 816 H2 21° - Fujikura Pro 83 Hybrid Stiff[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4H: Srixon ZU65 23° - Fujikura Pro 95i Stiff[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Irons: PING S55 5-PW - Nippon 1150GH Taper Stiff PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wedges: PING Glide 2.0 50° Stealth 54° & 58° - Nippon 1150GH Taper Stiff PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - Balance Certified AMT counter weight - Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ball: Titleist Pro V1[/font][/size][/color]<br /><br />[size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://gamegolf.com/player/loupus"][color=#808080]GameGolf[/color][/url][/font][/size]

Spin numbers were unreliable. They were closer to the Xi+ when using the metal stickers, but usually ~200-400 +/-.

[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 917 D2 9.25° - OBAN Devotion6 (65g) 4-Flex PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3W: Titleist 917 F2 15° - OBAN Devotion7 (75g) 4-Flex PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3H: Titleist 816 H2 21° - Fujikura Pro 83 Hybrid Stiff[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4H: Srixon ZU65 23° - Fujikura Pro 95i Stiff[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Irons: PING S55 5-PW - Nippon 1150GH Taper Stiff PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wedges: PING Glide 2.0 50° Stealth 54° & 58° - Nippon 1150GH Taper Stiff PUREd[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - Balance Certified AMT counter weight - Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0[/font][/size][/color]<br />[color=#808080][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ball: Titleist Pro V1[/font][/size][/color]<br /><br />[size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://gamegolf.com/player/loupus"][color=#808080]GameGolf[/color][/url][/font][/size]

If you want to use a device on the course it now appears that the SC200 is the only one (took 3 to get a good one..the others might as well have been random number generators). Luckily I have one that is very close to Trackman in every club but hybrids (why not I don't know). Trackman, EC12/14, Skytrak, and now MEVO pretty useless on the course. They all need too much careful alignment, leveling, correct height..good luck seeing the laser dot in sunlight on grass with Skytrak..What surprised me was how many shots were missed by Trackman on the course as it seemed ok on grass tees. Pretty much only useful on tees I guess. Not a big issue as on course use is probably not what any of these units were designed for..

If you want to use a device on the course it now appears that the SC200 is the only one (took 3 to get a good one..the others might as well have been random number generators). Luckily I have one that is very close to Trackman in every club but hybrids (why not I don't know). Trackman, EC12/14, Skytrak, and now MEVO pretty useless on the course. They all need too much careful alignment, leveling, correct height..good luck seeing the laser dot in sunlight on grass with Skytrak..What surprised me was how many shots were missed by Trackman on the course as it seemed ok on grass tees. Pretty much only useful on tees I guess. Not a big issue as on course use is probably not what any of these units were designed for..

Please post video demonstrating equal treatment of all units within tolerated, respective specs. Would not want operator error to be construed as relevant factor. Thanks.

Maybe it's worth taping a bubble level on it? When I get mine, I'll be looking at that. The kickstand could be under extended or over extended and cause that.

The Mevo has a notch to ensure the kickstand is in the correct position. I wonder if it has an accelerometer to detect its orientation and adjust for a level position.

I go to look at it and it has been deleted. Interested in seeing it in use. Anyone around Chicago with one want to loan me one for a day or two? :)

Sorry, I removed the video after my email started getting blown up from Youtubers, some were borderline harassing . I really dont want to be the face of the Flightscope Mevo. I will answer any question from GolfWRX members.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I go to look at it and it has been deleted. Interested in seeing it in use. Anyone around Chicago with one want to loan me one for a day or two? :)

Sorry, I removed the video after my email started getting blown up from Youtubers, some were borderline harassing . I really dont want to be the face of the Flightscope Mevo. I will answer any question from GolfWRX members.

weird. I saw video though so thanks for that. looked pretty reasonable, decent amount of shots not tracked though, probably like you said with the bouncing

The Mevo has a notch to ensure the kickstand is in the correct position. I wonder if it has an accelerometer to detect its orientation and adjust for a level position.

If it is an accel / mobile phone gyro, it's going to have a ~3º potential variance. That's speculative...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Sold the Mevo and bought another SC200. Mevo is still an awesome little device and works as advertised but it fell into the ES14 category for me. Sensitive on setup and produces all this data and what am I going to do with it? I only used Carry, Club Head Speed, Ball Speed and Smash. The Mevo is better then the SC's and the ES launch monitors but at the cost of a simplistic setup. I also found myself wishing the Mevo had a skills challenge like the SC200 to break up the practice sessions and would trade that for Video overlay and spin/launch data. End of the road for me.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Sold the Mevo and bought another SC200. Mevo is still an awesome little device and works as advertised but it fell into the ES14 category for me. Sensitive on setup and produces all this data and what am I going to do with it? I only used Carry, Club Head Speed, Ball Speed and Smash. The Mevo is better then the SC's and the ES launch monitors but at the cost of a simplistic setup. I also found myself wishing the Mevo had a skills challenge like the SC200 to break up the practice sessions and would trade that for Video overlay and spin/launch data. End of the road for me.

and what a journey it was.

After playing around with the Mevo for a week, I think it's accurate enough, with enough features, to justify the price point. For me, the best use was at a driving range with mats. Grass required constant adjusting and indoors, I just didn't have enough space. Stickers increase the accuracy but I was happy with the no sticker performance. Especially for the purpose of testing swing changes. (Spin was probably off but having constant club speed, launch angle, and ballpark carry is still very useful )

My main wish is they had made the shot detection more reliable or less finicky to position. To be honest I probabky would have paid 100-200 more for reliable shot detection. Maybe we will get lucky and they will improve it through firmware.

The only conclusion anyone can draw now is based on what the Mevo is today not what it will be in version 8 or even 2.

That's about the same as saying your phone will only be as good as the day you bought it. Last I checked, there's a benefit to updating software. Complaints about video length, missed shots... tolerances can be adjusted based on learning. Given the fact their engineers had these things for about two weeks before us is fairly brazen to suggest that "this is it".

The only conclusion anyone can draw now is based on what the Mevo is today not what it will be in version 8 or even 2.

That's about the same as saying your phone will only be as good as the day you bought it. Last I checked, there's a benefit to updating software. Complaints about video length, missed shots... tolerances can be adjusted based on learning. Given the fact their engineers had these things for about two weeks before us is fairly brazen to suggest that "this is it".

Negatory batman, I said that's the only conclusions one can draw now is what the device is now. Of course the device is going to evolve, software going to improve, etc - but just because the Mevo will be a pocket size Trackman 4 in a couple of years doesn't mean folks drawing conclusions today can take it into consideration. The device/software is what it is today, not tomorrow.

In my Engineering opinion they need to change two things. Some kind of leveling system in the Mevo, either a simple bubble level or a different leg system so you can level it. My driveway had a 3* slope to it and the Mevo missed high and low shots. Once level and proper distance its a non factor and reads accuratley. This leads to the second fix. 35* Vertical beam is too narrow of a window for percentage of shots to be picked up. Right and left is 80* of coverage which is fantastic. Wider net catches more fish you know. Make the radar cover my 10x7 net from a distance of 10-12 feet back and call it done. Fix it and I will buy another Mevo.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

In my Engineering opinion they need to change two things. Some kind of leveling system in the Mevo, either a simple bubble level or a different leg system so you can level it. My driveway had a 3* slope to it and the Mevo missed high and low shots. Once level and proper distance its a non factor and reads accuratley. This leads to the second fix. 35* Vertical beam is too narrow of a window for percentage of shots to be picked up. Right and left is 80* of coverage which is fantastic. Wider net catches more fish you know. Make the radar cover my 10x7 net from a distance of 10-12 feet back and call it done. Fix it and I will buy another Mevo.

I saw some of your iron shots were dangerously close to the top of your net. Can't blame you in that regard...

I saw some of your iron shots were dangerously close to the top of your net. Can't blame you in that regard...

I had a toed driver that caught the outside fiberglass pole and went 45* right down into the next neighbor hood and clearly hit a roof from the sound. The sound of the Mevo saying 225 yards in the defining silence still haunts me until the thud came. I casually walked down the road since it just started to rain and couldn't find any carnage or anyone out looking up at the sky for meteors . I'm more comfortable with the net around 5-6' out to catch everything. 10' is too risky!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Order date 4/26.

Promised ship date 5/10.

Just got the email saying it had shipped, looking forward toward getting it and comparing to my SC200,

Will be interesting to see your take on the Mevo since you have a SC200. I bought one on Amazon back in March just to tinker with and didn't realize how much I liked it until I sent it back once my Mevo showed up. I think the Mevo is better when it works but the SC200 just works and is simple.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Contacted FlightScope support and they said a 4 mph clubhead speed error is within tolerances. The return period is only three days (!), so perhaps I'll sell it and see how v.2.0+ looks.

I had a toed driver that caught the outside fiberglass pole and went 45* right down into the next neighbor hood and clearly hit a roof from the sound. The sound of the Mevo saying 225 yards in the defining silence still haunts me until the thud came. I casually walked down the road since it just started to rain and couldn't find any carnage or anyone out looking up at the sky for meteors . I'm more comfortable with the net around 5-6' out to catch everything. 10' is too risky!

I hear ya. I have a net set up in my garage and I've missed a few and put perfect holes in the drywall.. which I conveniently cover up so my better half doesn't notice (don't touch that Pink Floyd poster, it's load bearing!). Solution was to buy a second net.

I hear ya. I have a net set up in my garage and I've missed a few and put perfect holes in the drywall.. which I conveniently cover up so my better half doesn't notice (don't touch that Pink Floyd poster, it's load bearing!). Solution was to buy a second net.

HAHA ! to funny