2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

I am loving mine so far it has been the best practice aid that I have used so far. I just used it this weekend to dial in a new set of Titleist AP2's which was great.

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

Do you have to change a setting each time you change clubs like with the SC200?

Yes, Select the club so you can track it and for it to calculate correctly if you are not using the stickers. I find everything from 9i-Driver the yardages are very close +/- 4 yards. Wedges without stickers will read +8 yards long and almost exact yardages with stickers on the ball. Once your done you can review your shots and filter the session by clubs. So when you have one shot that you were like "man I wish I could duplicate that" and now you have data of your sweet shot.

I was working on a drill with my 7 iron and started puring shots. Here was the first one.

IMG_4513.png

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Does it not pick up yards off line?

No. it doesn't measure lateral movement of the ball. It is a 2D system, distance and height are the two dimensions that it will provide.

Glad I asked. This would make it useless into a net as far as I am concerned.

I agree with you. I don't believe the ones that can predict the ballflight depending on how the ball hits a net a few ft away. If you see the protracer on TV cast, an initial low centered flight can end in any kind of shot.

Do you have to change a setting each time you change clubs like with the SC200?

Yes, Select the club so you can track it and for it to calculate correctly if you are not using the stickers. I find everything from 9i-Driver the yardages are very close +/- 4 yards. Wedges without stickers will read +8 yards long and almost exact yardages with stickers on the ball. Once your done you can review your shots and filter the session by clubs. So when you have one shot that you were like "man I wish I could duplicate that" and now you have data of your sweet shot.

I was working on a drill with my 7 iron and started puring shots. Here was the first one.

Restating Hondabuff's comments differently...

If you're only interested in shot by shot analysis AND you use stickers, I don't think you need to change the club.

If you don't use stickers and/or you're tracking statistics by club (using myFlightScope.com) you should enter club data.

Can those of you with Mevo's send feedback into Flightscope about showing averages on the numbers? It would be super helpful to look at my 8 irons for example and show my average along with the low/high. This would be similar to what Ernest Sports does with their app. Much appreciated if you can, I think this would be a great addition to the app.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

No. it doesn't measure lateral movement of the ball. It is a 2D system, distance and height are the two dimensions that it will provide.

I agree with you. I don't believe the ones that can predict the ballflight depending on how the ball hits a net a few ft away. If you see the protracer on TV cast, an initial low centered flight can end in any kind of shot.

They can. Spin-axis can be determined with particular accuracy in both doplar and photometric systems very quickly. Super High speed camera systems can determine spin axis in a few inches.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

They can. Spin-axis can be determined with particular accuracy in both doplar and photometric systems very quickly. Super High speed camera systems can determine spin axis in a few inches.

But this one doesnt, thats my point. sorry dont see the value if you cant see the ball flight. On the golf course or range thats a different story but on the range the ball is a limiting factor and on the golf course... well you can just measure it off

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Right. I was responding to the other guy that said he didn't believe you could measure "direction" I.e. spin axis on other units and accurately predict direction when you 100% can.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Right. I was responding to the other guy that said he didn't believe you could measure "direction" I.e. spin axis on other units and accurately predict direction when you 100% can.

For whatever reason, neither TM or FS do this for short-range indoor measurements, both calculate based on path and start direction.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Playing around with the FS Optimizer, It seems I have maxed out my numbers with my driver. Swinging harder doesn't always translate to more distance for me. I have a Rogue Tour Stiff shaft but all it does is increase spin by +300-400rpm. ProV1x gives a +2% bump over the 2017 Prov1 which these numbers all reflect. I have checked with my SSR that the club head speeds seems correct since this my 80% swing that I'm swinging with. This is data that is uploaded to my FlightScope account from the Mevo.

Numbers.jpg

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I FINALLY spent some time on the range w/my Mevo yesterday and was VERY impressed. It captured every swing that I took and the results were very insightful. At the moment, I'm just using it to gather some data but can see how it will be quite useful in really dialing in my distance gaps.

I was able to confirm my "favorite" clubs and with the information provided was able to ascertain why I tend to prefer one club to another. Bottom line, my swing is more "free" with some clubs than others. I'm seeing higher club speeds in my "favorites" than the others leading me to believe that I just need to work with the others a bit more to establish the same level of confidence (FWIW, my "favorites" are the ones that I tend to practice with the most). I'm going to spend a bit more time gathering data before I start bending my irons but I can already see that this little device is well worth the price of admission.

I also hit a number of drivers to compare what I'm currently playing with a couple of new combinations. At the moment I'm playing a Callaway 816 DBD w/Fujikura Pro 61 XLR8 and I picked up both an Atmos Blue and an Epic Sub Zero head. Between the Pro and the Atmos, my numbers with both drivers were very similar. Atmos appears to have less dispersion however, I'd describe it as a slightly more stable XLR8. Between the 2 heads, I was seeing a little more ball speed out of the Epic SZ which translated to another 5-8y of carry. Like my irons, I'll put in some more time with the various combinations but an Epic Sub Zero with a Fujikura Atmos just might be sneaking it's way into my bag. Launch numbers w/the Atmos Blue were a touch higher than ideal and setting the cog to N/-1 wasn't quite enough so I grabbed a Black on BST this morning so that will go into the testing rotation as soon as it arrives as well.

One thing is for sure, practicing with the Mevo is certainly more productive than practicing without it. I do wish that there was a way to edit shots on the website however. Being able to rename various shots and/or annotate with notes (on shots and practice sessions) would be very helpful. It would also be nice to delete shots. The averages are great but not terribly useful if you can't remove anomalous shots.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

7 day turn time on the Mevo's. Ordered mine last Monday and it shipped today.

Do you know an estimate shipping weight? I'm planning to order mine but I'm traveling a couple of days after the eta on the site. I want to take it with me. Just not sure if its too heavy.

1lb is what the shipping label read. About the same weight as an iPhone 6.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

7 day turn time on the Mevo's. Ordered mine last Monday and it shipped today.

Do you know an estimate shipping weight? I'm planning to order mine but I'm traveling a couple of days after the eta on the site. I want to take it with me. Just not sure if its too heavy.

1lb is what the shipping label read. About the same weight as an iPhone 6.

Thanks man. Definitely getting one, in part thanks to your detailed reviews.

is it really necesary to use the stickers? I'm about to order the mevo but dont really know if the extra stickers are a must, thanks.

Based on my experience thus far, not really. The unit comes with some stickers to get you started. I ordered the extra stickers and it's hard to say if I'll ever use them. Hitting into a net, I'll use them, on the range though, probably not.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

is it really necesary to use the stickers? I'm about to order the mevo but dont really know if the extra stickers are a must, thanks.

Stickers with the driver make it about 300-400 rpm more accurate which I found is about +/- 5 yards. I found that it wasnt worth the time since the calculation of the Mevo is really good. Testing my wedges with and without the stickers is a wider gap. I have found it to be about 10-12 yards longer without the stickers.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Based on my experience thus far, not really. The unit comes with some stickers to get you started. I ordered the extra stickers and it's hard to say if I'll ever use them. Hitting into a net, I'll use them, on the range though, probably not.

Do your stickers quickly fall of into the net?

Do your stickers quickly fall of into the net?

I have one ball where the sticker never comes off but I had 2 other balls where the stickers only last a few shots.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

It sounds like the stickers are kind of important. Go to an RC hobby shop and get tire glue. Its a very strong glue and basically almost the viscosity of water. Literally a pin drop would solve your problem

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

It sounds like the stickers are kind of important. Go to an RC hobby shop and get tire glue. Its a very strong glue and basically almost the viscosity of water. Literally a pin drop would solve your problem

That's defiantly the issue. The adhesive on the stickers on one of my sheets is really tacky and the other sheet has stickers falling off. I also found that you must have the sticker pointed down the target line or else it may throw an error. I had a few shots that I hit where the sticker was pointed at a 90 degree angle and the Mevo picked it up and then said ERROR. I was just being lazy so I stopped using them other than my wedges.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

You got me wrong, I wasn't referring to devices that can't measure. I know it can be done, since the Vector-Pro with it lenses...to today's Skytrak.

I was referring to a guy who a few posts away said that he was able to predict the ball flight only with seeing how and where the ball hit the net, with no device at all... :)

Screw it, took the plunge. Was really considering a SkyTrak, but I really just despise that friggin company, and the reviews on its outside use kinda deterred me. I wanted a unit mostly for outdoor range use where I could see ballflight and get feedback on carry distance and ballspeed. Sounds like this is the ticket and the issues seem to be getting worked out. Order #960, says July...hoping sooner.