New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

"A 114 mph swing hit in the center of the face is going to produce ball speed numbers 170mph plus".

This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry. Knowing that my driver can produce a 1.53 smash which would make it illegal, I should be seeing higher ball speeds. I use impact tape and most of the strikes are well centered. The Mevo does read the ball speed super well though.

Drivers.jpg

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

"A 114 mph swing hit in the center of the face is going to produce ball speed numbers 170mph plus".

This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry.

Drivers.jpg

If you just look at your AVG, it looks damn close to me. 103/147.5 with an average of 1.43 smash doesn't look far off, especially considering that most of us don't always hit the center of the club face. If we did, we would probably be getting paid to golf.

This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry.

Drivers.jpg

If you just look at your AVG, it looks damn close to me. 103/147.5 with an average of 1.43 smash doesn't look far off, especially considering that most of us don't always hit the center of the club face. If we did, we would probably be getting paid to golf.

Good point, I say Mevo does an excellent job for the price that it is then. Playing with the flight scope optimizer with a hard surface is what I see on my upper limits. Usually 265-270 on the course is what I have been measuring with my Bushnell. I meant to go and buy a sleeve of the Prov1x to see if I'm maxed out on the 2017 Prov1 which is where these numbers came from. I was getting better numbers this session with the V1 over the RX ball.

Drivers.jpgprint screen windows xp

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

To be fair to mevo...even the fullsize flightscopes can put up over 1.5 smash numbers. When my dad got fitted for the epic on our golf trip, the fitter said a few swings registered 1.52 smashes

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

I'm definitely picking up a sleeve of the 2017 Prov1x. Seems like all the reviews online are showing +2mph ball speed and roughly 400 rpm less then the Prov1. I tried them on two holes and thought they launched too high from what I was used too and got hooked on the feel of the V1. I will give them a full test on the Mevo and see what numbers I get.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Quick question for those that have received theirs. The metallic stickers...to me, they don't look like much more that HVAC foil tape? Comments?

Someone else on this thread reported they used HVAC tape. The dots that come with the thing fall off all the time so I'd love to find something else that works better.

Quick question for those that have received theirs. The metallic stickers...to me, they don't look like much more that HVAC foil tape? Comments?

HVAC tape and a hole puncher and your good to go. To be honest I only used 4 dots so far. I wouldn't even worry about dots at the range and would be a waste of time.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I'm definitely picking up a sleeve of the 2017 Prov1x. Seems like all the reviews online are showing +2mph ball speed and roughly 400 rpm less then the Prov1. I tried them on two holes and thought they launched too high from what I was used too and got hooked on the feel of the V1. I will give them a full test on the Mevo and see what numbers I get.

I thought the new X spins more than the V? I have not tested I'm solely referring to Titleist's stats on the box.

Someone else on this thread reported they used HVAC tape. The dots that come with the thing fall off all the time so I'd love to find something else that works better.

HVAC tape and a hole puncher and your good to go. To be honest I only used 4 dots so far. I wouldn't even worry about dots at the range and would be a waste of time.

Perfect! A 150 ft x 2 in wide roll is $8 dollars at Lowes. I will make my own "dots" if I decide I need them.

I thought the new X spins more than the V? I have not tested I'm solely referring to Titleist's stats on the box.

More reviews I'm seeing online shows it still spins less then the V1. When I tested the RX I was seeing up to 6 yards more per iron but less distance off the driver. I would play the RX but I just cant flat out putt with it. Acts like a super bounce ball off of my Newport.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

"A 114 mph swing hit in the center of the face is going to produce ball speed numbers 170mph plus". This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry. Knowing that my driver can produce a 1.53 smash which would make it illegal, I should be seeing higher ball speeds. I use impact tape and most of the strikes are well centered. The Mevo does read the ball speed super well though. Drivers.jpg

The Mevo swing speed measurement is closer to correct than the SSR. The MEVO slightly mis-measures (on the slow side) SS as most lower end doplar systems do. The MEVO isn't measuring SMASH factor at all, it's just a calculation. So if it's getting ball speed numbers correct and under-calculating SS, then the SMASH is going to be north of 1.50

You see it on ALL the time on driving stats of pros and really good amateurs even on Trackman. Because they make such great contact with the ball and probably close to 1.48/1.49 "real smash factor" any underestimation of SS by a machine, by as little as 0.5mph, would produce a smash over 1.50. Trackman has tolerances of about 1mph on SS, but even a 0.5mph differential on high end pros swing would produce north of 1.50 Smash

A 3-4mph tolerance SS differential on a $500 device is outstanding...just an FYI. SSR at a minimum are 5% high and usually about 8-10% high.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I will have to record some video to see what I'm doing correct with my 104mph swing and not doing correct with a 110mph swing. If I remember from the impact tape I think the higher the speed the lower on the face I have been hitting it.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

"A 114 mph swing hit in the center of the face is going to produce ball speed numbers 170mph plus". This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry. Knowing that my driver can produce a 1.53 smash which would make it illegal, I should be seeing higher ball speeds. I use impact tape and most of the strikes are well centered. The Mevo does read the ball speed super well though. Drivers.jpg

The Mevo swing speed measurement is closer to correct than the SSR. The MEVO slightly mis-measures (on the slow side) SS as most lower end doplar systems do. The MEVO isn't measuring SMASH factor at all, it's just a calculation. So if it's getting ball speed numbers correct and under-calculating SS, then the SMASH is going to be north of 1.50

You see it on ALL the time on driving stats of pros and really good amateurs even on Trackman. Because they make such great contact with the ball and probably close to 1.48/1.49 "real smash factor" any underestimation of SS by a machine, by as little as 0.5mph, would produce a smash over 1.50. Trackman has tolerances of about 1mph on SS, but even a 0.5mph differential on high end pros swing would produce north of 1.50 Smash

A 3-4mph tolerance SS differential on a $500 device is outstanding...just an FYI. SSR at a minimum are 5% high and usually about 8-10% high.

I've hit a ton of balls on Mevo and the club head speed issue is from swing to swing. 101 to 111 to 103 to 108 to 113 and ball speeds are staying within a much smaller deviation and the quality of the strike is really not changing.

The SSR may measure high but it is MUCH more consistent and always staying within 1-3 MPHs.

Being consistent isn't the same as being accurate. MY SS during a normal trackman session will bounce around 5-6 (sometimes more) mph pretty easily with driver. That's pretty normal, even for high level professionals. Faster swing speeds don't necessarily generate faster ball speeds, that depends on optimal contact. The MEVO may be off and have a wider tolerance, but it's not going to be as off to "true" as the SSR.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Playing with the FS optimizer, With mostly everything the same, If the X ball reduces spin by 200rpm and adds 2mph ball speed my average will increase 6 yards more of carry. Just grabbed a sleeve of 2017 Prov1x at the proshop. Good thing my office is in a business park is built on a golf course!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Drivers.jpg

Good point, I say Mevo does an excellent job for the price that it is then. Playing with the flight scope optimizer with a hard surface is what I see on my upper limits. Usually 265-270 on the course is what I have been measuring with my Bushnell. I meant to go and buy a sleeve of the Prov1x to see if I'm maxed out on the 2017 Prov1 which is where these numbers came from. I was getting better numbers this session with the V1 over the RX ball.

Does the Mevo App allow you to see your shots in a virtual format like the screenshot you have above? I'm new to this conversation

Drivers.jpg

Does the Mevo App allow you to see your shots in a virtual format like the screenshot you have above? I'm new to this conversation

Not exactly like that but they do have a pretty good visual.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

So I have been following this thread since the very beginning and finally managed to get mine in Europe yesterday.

Went to the range before work this morning and have to say I am very impressed. Thing connected to my Ipad without any issues and only missed one shot (complete s****) out of the 60 I hit.

Carry distance matched my expectations based on numbers throughout the season. It made no sense comparing lasered numbers as I was hitting into a strong wind, but what I loved was being able to see my normal numbers and then figure out the effect that the wind was having.

I have one question though about the synching with the cloud. What I did was created a backup which worked nicely. However on the PC it looks like I can not delete obviously bad shots to have sensible averages. I can delete in the mobile app but then I need to create another backup. Or am I doing something wrong here and synching should be automatic?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

This statement makes a lot of sense and logic to me. 154mph ball speed is the highest that I have seen between my ES12, SC200 and Mevo and that was with a 107mph swing. I would like to see FS tighten up the +/-mph on the club head speed. 104-106mph club head speed seems more logical with a 260 carry. Knowing that my driver can produce a 1.53 smash which would make it illegal, I should be seeing higher ball speeds. I use impact tape and most of the strikes are well centered. The Mevo does read the ball speed super well though.

Drivers.jpg

You kinda stated what the challenge is, you said that it reads ball speed really well. It is going to be extremely difficult with the size of the unit and the complexity needed to estimate where the center of the club to be able to tighten that tolerance. Even with the larger radar units you'll get a variance as others have stated. They focused on the thing that matters most for the product requirements, the club data gets you in the ball park.

Glad to hear the Mevo is working out for so many. I really hope this is a success for them and will keep shifting prices down. I'm sure they'll get a middle ground version that can measure in 3 dimensions to offer a lower end version of the Xi (or maybe just rerelease the Xi at a lower cost). The more units they sell, the lower cost will end up for us. I love my X2 but the X3 looks very very nice.

I have one question though about the synching with the cloud. What I did was created a backup which worked nicely. However on the PC it looks like I can not delete obviously bad shots to have sensible averages. I can delete in the mobile app but then I need to create another backup. Or am I doing something wrong here and synching should be automatic?

I've experienced the same and think that being able to delete shots from the website is a much needed feature. Even deleting shots on my phone and doing a manual backup doesn't remove them from the website (in my experience). I turned off cellular data for the Mevo app for now and will try to remember to review all shots and delete anomalies prior to reconnecting to WiFi. Hopefully this will keep the shots in the website a little "cleaner".

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I've experienced the same and think that being able to delete shots from the website is a much needed feature. Even deleting shots on my phone and doing a manual backup doesn't remove them from the website (in my experience). I turned off cellular data for the Mevo app for now and will try to remember to review all shots and delete anomalies prior to reconnecting to WiFi. Hopefully this will keep the shots in the website a little "cleaner".

Auto syncing works most of the time for me without having to force a backup on my iPhone. So when I'm on my laptop and see anomalies I just go to my phone, delete the shot(s) and refresh the browser a few seconds later and things update.

I have noticed sometimes my sessions don't sync which is really frustrating...

VIDEO REVIEW!!!! lol please guys

I bought my unit specifically for the video feature. Good news: the Mevo worked like a charm, capturing slow motion videos of the few seconds that matter. Without all the unwanted footage, it was much easier to evaluate my swing. The numbers are overlaid on the video with the option to position the box of data wherever desired on the picture. The only thing that I couldn't figure out is why the videos that showed up in the photos album were turned upside down. Bad news: the swing doesn't work...but at least I was finally able to figure out why.

2017 ProV1x averaged almost 10 yards longer then the V1. Ball just sounds amazing off of my D2. Its going in the bag immediately. About the same off the wedges though 7 iron. 6-4 irons were 5 yards longer.

IMG_4588.png

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

2017 ProV1x averaged almost 10 yards longer then the V1. Ball just sounds amazing off of my D2. Its going in the bag immediately. About the same off the wedges though 7 iron. 6-4 irons were 5 yards longer.

IMG_4588.png

Did you ever level out your mevo? That launch angle is crazy high if things are reading properly.

I tried putting the mevo on my lie board and then propping up the front to try and level it out. It started missing alot of shots and I gave up tinkering with it. I couldnt find a level at the hardware store so I ordered one on eBay since the IPhone version isn't super accurate. Should be here by the weekend and I will try and Macgyver something together.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

After playing around with the FlightScope optimizer with my numbers. Lowering my launch angle for my ball speed will lose me distance. Only way for me to gain anymore distance is to spin the ball less. +4.86 ball speed increase with the X ball is crazy. Seems like a harder ball engages the face of my 915 differently since the acoustics sound higher pitch.

Ball Speed 152.36 Club Head 104.62 Smash 1.44 Carry 265.1 Launch 17.38 Spin 2702 Height 132'8"

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Curious how well it handles hitting into a net. Thinking of one for my backyard and wondering if it'll work into a net, and if so, how far from the net will you need for best accuracy.

Second question, will this work with practice balls (e.g. Almost Balls) or do they have to be real golf balls?

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV