WebTour on The Grint (Updated: 3/14/17)

So my first August round is going to be a doozy. A high school acquaintance who I haven't seen in 10 years is coming up to play. He is currently playing off 1 compared to my 20, and was in plus territory recently.

Probably going to be fighting some nerves and not wanting to embarrass myself.

Maybe if we do match play I should do an Obee recap from the reverse, where I recount exactly how I lose tee balls and chunk wedges and get decimated despite getting 19 strokes.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get both my August rounds in this weekend, best rounds I've had in a long time. Unfortunately I also hurt my back, hopefully I'll be back out there in 3-4 weeks though.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Index prob going up another half stroke or full stroke 08/15 after my first two rounds back posting and two more decent rounds falling off. One of these days Ill get it back and Ill be in prime sandbagger range :cheesy: :cheesy:

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Im back(ish) sorry for no stats but I was enjoying the views of Scotland :taunt: and not keeping stats. Now that I am home ill be sure to post stats as well.

Found a little something at the range before I left that I was able to build off. I kept it respectable over there avg score in 8 rounds 78.125 Not to bad for nearly quitting golf and barley hitting it 200 a couple weeks before I left. Even in the cold and at sea level driver carry was back around 230+ which is a huge jump from my last rounds in Scottsdale where I took GPS shots at 196 total with driver :black eye:

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys we are nearing the end of the trial season. One more month to go and the "founders" haha will look over the info from rounds that were played and try to make it appear in a way that makes sense and can show a "winner".

I want to thank everyone for being a part of this and I'd like hear back from everyone on how they felt it went.

I got into this to give me a reason/drive to get better. I certainly feel it did that. At the beginning of the year I was a 14 or 15 I think. My next revision next week should/will be a 12! I know not a huge improvement, but what has been the most noticeable thing for me is the consistency. My score range at the beginning of the year was huge! Could shoot mid 80s, but I could certainly get to about 100 on the tougher courses. I haven't shot over 90 in some time I think and my avg is sitting at like 88. Lowest is an 82 officially and I scored more rounds in the 80s than 90s for sure.

I certainly want to continue this. I will be going through the "membership" and for those that did not participate will be deleted. If there were some scores I'll keep you in unless you ask to be taken out.

I will also try and find a prize to give out and since this is completely for fun, it will be a random drawing of those who filled the minimum rounds requirement.

Thanks everyone!

Forever Changing at this point.......

Whoops a little white lie. Haha I looked at my recent rounds and I do have a few at 91,91 and a 94 in august. Still happy with my improvements though and if I had assume about the scores I would say not bad as I took a pretty big lay off during this summer. Didn't get out as often so I'm sure the swing was rusty.

Definitely enjoyed doing this and seeing how I compared to some much more skilled golfers. Had some really bad rounds at the beginning of this, then missed some time with a baby and an injury but I think I've some back from it pretty strong with the latest rounds in the mid 80s. Really looking forward to continuing to do this in the future.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I have really enjoyed being a part of this. It gave me something to strive for on every shot, an added reason to work on my game, and a reason to make extra time for golf every month. And, I feel it has greatly helped my game. Going into this golf season, I had two goals, get to a 15 handicap and match career best round of 82. At the end of February I was a 19.3 and now I am at a 15.1 (trending at 15.2 after my last round) and last month I shot an 82 which is my best score since picking the game back up. Both goals for this season checked. However, as much as I would like to get two more rounds in the books and complete the full 16 rounds, it looks as though my season ends with the round from this past weekend as I doubt that I will be able to do much of anything golf related, let alone play a round of 18, next month with the baby boy due on 9/26.

Just want to say thanks for setting this up and letting me be a part of it. It has been really fun, made me a better golfer and I am looking forward to next season!

I have really enjoyed being a part of this. It gave me something to strive for on every shot, an added reason to work on my game, and a reason to make extra time for golf every month. And, I feel it has greatly helped my game. Going into this golf season, I had two goals, get to a 15 handicap and match career best round of 82. At the end of February I was a 19.3 and now I am at a 15.1 (trending at 15.2 after my last round) and last month I shot an 82 which is my best score since picking the game back up. Both goals for this season checked. However, as much as I would like to get two more rounds in the books and complete the full 16 rounds, it looks as though my season ends with the round from this past weekend as I doubt that I will be able to do much of anything golf related, let alone play a round of 18, next month with the baby boy due on 9/26.

Just want to say thanks for setting this up and letting me be a part of it. It has been really fun, made me a better golfer and I am looking forward to next season!

Hey man enjoyed it!

also a reminder, a person only needed 8 of the 16 rounds to qualify for end of year prizes :)

Another one here who has been quiet for a while. First want to say THANKS to Papa Jo for taking the lead as the Commish. Its been a fun year. I didn't play my best this year for several reasons...played only about 20 rounds of golf this year, where last year I easily had closed to 50. Work, Family, etc slowed me down, but I still cherished getting out there as much as I could. I believe my 10 year old son is now HOOKED which is a plus for me as momma will be happier if he's with me while golfing. My scores haven't showed it this year, but I've turned the corner in the last month. Too bad I only have about a month left of season to go.

Thanks again & can't wait until next year to do it all over again!

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

What an awesome experience. Made those casual rounds with friends that much more meaningful. Had a rough summer with the handicap staying roughly the same all year. Felt great having that competitive nature not knowing any of the people playing with. I'm glad I was able to get my rounds in each month so far. If we extend into October that would be my finish. Thanks again for the awesome experience all the way up here in the north. Look forward to a new go at this again next year.

Adams Speedline 9064 LS 9.5*
Adams Tight lies 16*
Ping G30 19*
Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS c-taper 120
Mack Daddy3 52S & 58C TT wedge shaft
Seemore Si-4 (34") Superstroke 1.0 Flatso

I definitely enjoyed the tour. It really got me using the grint app which got me tracking shots properly and assessing my weaknesses. My handicap dropped almost 2 strokes this year and it is almost at a new low, going into the plus category for the first time ever (humble brag). Hopefully i don't lose too much over the winter. I recommend the tour and the app to others.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys we are nearing the end of the trial season. One more month to go and the "founders" haha will look over the info from rounds that were played and try to make it appear in a way that makes sense and can show a "winner".

I want to thank everyone for being a part of this and I'd like hear back from everyone on how they felt it went.

I got into this to give me a reason/drive to get better. I certainly feel it did that. At the beginning of the year I was a 14 or 15 I think. My next revision next week should/will be a 12! I know not a huge improvement, but what has been the most noticeable thing for me is the consistency. My score range at the beginning of the year was huge! Could shoot mid 80s, but I could certainly get to about 100 on the tougher courses. I haven't shot over 90 in some time I think and my avg is sitting at like 88. Lowest is an 82 officially and I scored more rounds in the 80s than 90s for sure.

I certainly want to continue this. I will be going through the "membership" and for those that did not participate will be deleted. If there were some scores I'll keep you in unless you ask to be taken out.

I will also try and find a prize to give out and since this is completely for fun, it will be a random drawing of those who filled the minimum rounds requirement.

Thanks everyone!

Amazing Job! I have certainly enjoyed it and anything I can do to "help", I'll most certainly try to do. Don't know what help you'd need, but I'm all ears. Thanks again for doing this and putting time and effort into it...also thanks to all others as well, those I didn't know about.

Sure right after I fire a net 66

Edit Nevermind that was 09/30 would not have mattered :cheesy:

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 2 weeks later...

Got one last round in for October, as the cold, wet, dreary days of late fall have started to set in. Probably one of my last rounds of the year, but had an amazing year for golf.

Set some goals, met some, got close to others and absolutely failed in others. Figured I'd list some and see how others in our "Tour" were matching up or what goals you all had?

1. Shoot par one time - close*. Shot +2 once this year, 72, but mainly anywhere from +7 to +27 :D

2. Hit more fairways - achieved. Thanks to The Grint, I did get a snapshot and realized where I needed to work and understood that a decent drive would produce better or "easier" 2nd shots...I mean, who knew?!?!

3. Get close to 30 putts per round - close. Standing at 32.8 per round, which isn't bad, but that's leaving several shots on the board.

4. Play more courses - failed. Had a list of about 20 courses I wanted to play, in relative closeness to where I live (50-75 miles). Only hit about 4.

5. Hit a club fitting - failed. Wanted to go to a club fitting and try some clubs, but never got to. Where I live, I'm roughly about 2 hours away from anywhere a fitter would come to.

Anybody had any other goals, or what is your next year goals?

Enjoyed the tour with you dudes and dudettes this year.

After my struggles hitting the ball most of the year. Next year will be to continue to improve on the strides I have made back to making a decent swing. My only round in Oct was the most control I have had tee to green in nearly a year. 13/14 fairways 11/18 greens a few more missed by feet on a course I have not played in 2 years. Been logging some hiking miles improving my lower body strength which hopefully will translate into more speed.

Like to seen GIR creep closer to 60% putts around 29-29.5 short game should tick up as I pretty much ignored it trying to figure out my full swing. Also with better full swing control my misses should be better not as many impossible short sides.

Course wise will be playing Kapalua Plantation next Sept so excited for that. Looks like headed to New Mexico for a weekend as well. Will have a couple other short trips thrown in. Hopefully one up to Calgary. Things are looking up, really good year at the insurance agency I work for. We on track for a very solid year end bonus and next year I get another weeks paid time off so will give me some freedom to travel a bit more. I told my wife I was going to spend the next 5-10 years checking off as many golf bucket list trips as I can. My hip replacements will likely need to be replaced again in 10-12 years at best. Never know what will happen if I will still be able to play after set # 2. Working on a return to Scotland for my 45th and a return to my roots in the SF area in 19 hopefully including Pebble. Bandon Dunes is a go for late spring 19 will be getting it booked as soon as they start taking 2019 reservations

Right now is our offseason in AZ courses are overseeding and generally overpriced and not in great shape. Looking like 1-2 weeks before I start getting back into my regular playing rotation. Got some good stuff lined up with a buddy coming in from Iowa for Thanksgiving.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Well my year didn’t go as planned for various reasons...mostly life (work & kids sports) getting in the way. I ended up playing half the Golf I did the previous 2 years and it showed. Watched my handicap go up from a 14 to a 17. I was able to play a few courses I wanted to play with the best one being (The Club at Oldestone) ranked #2 in state behind Valhalla. I’ve been on Valhalla (not played) and I’ll say that Oldestone was every bit as beautiful and I’m gonna say probably harder too.

My goals for next year are:

1. Play more golf

2. Get my handicap down to 12

3. Work on driving game (that hurt bad this year) but new Ping Driver has been a HUGE difference the 4 rds so far

4. Play the 5 courses I’ve been wanting to play

5. 4-peat at a Tourney (kplanner knows) :)

6. Win my flight in certain tourney

7. Play good golf all year.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Alright papa johick, as you brought up earlier this year...Im going to Kiawah. Now I have to decide if I really want the tips... that course looks long...

#so stoked

Haha the ocean course is pretty dang long from the tips, but doable if you have the length. Toughest part are the approaches. Front nine aren’t too bad, but back nine there are some tricky approaches due to wind, green size and/or blind shots.

I typically play from the tee box at around 64-6600 yards. Can’t remember which ones those are.