Srixon fairway woods

bird_4_3

I don't know about the f65, but the f45 is the best 3 wood I have ever played. In stock form (KK shaft), its long, straight, great off the tee and easy off the deck. If the 65 is an upgrade, I would highly recommend it. The 45 can be had pretty cheap now, too

Titleist TSr2 10*Β  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8bΒ  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2Β  34"

Β 

Β 

Β 

I have an F65 that I like. I recently got an Epic 3W that I was fitted for but I need to do some more side by side testing. I seem to be able to hit the F65 off the deck better than the Epic. It may change after I get used to the Epic. I plan on keeping my Srixon clubs along with my Epic but so far hitting them side by side they seem to hold their own for me.

, but the f45 is the best 3 wood I have ever played. In stock form (KK shaft), its long, straight, great off the tee and easy off the deck.

Β 

I've been thinking about picking an F45 4 wood (you're right, for a song), but I've never seen one. Some of the reviews I've read say the head

is very small. Is that the case? What can you compare it to, size wise?

, but the f45 is the best 3 wood I have ever played. In stock form (KK shaft), its long, straight, great off the tee and easy off the deck.

Β 

I've been thinking about picking an F45 4 wood (you're right, for a song), but I've never seen one. Some of the reviews I've read say the head

is very small. Is that the case? What can you compare it to, size wise?

Β 

I would say it is on the smaller side, maybe like 915fd?? Or maybe more like a Callaway Pro (pick your model) type with a little deeper face from heel to toe. I would not let that scare you, it is so much easier to hit than most other 3 woods I have put in the bag. I tried a 915 fd for a little while but it just wasn't forgiving at all and I had a hard time getting it to fly as high as I would like. With the f45, I can hit it low, high, fade, draw.... it's just been everything I could ask for in a 3 wood. The stock KK shaft may just be a good fit for me, idk. I tried a 13* f45 in my local store and was having no trouble flushing that one either. At a 4 wood, you might just get that little bit of extra forgiveness if the head size worries you. I am considering picking up another one soon, just to have. I have been through so many 3 woods over the last couple years, it's stupid. I do not even look at other options anymore. Least forgiving spot would be the heel, while the toe still flies nice and gets good distance but has a tendency to turn over a bit. Out of the middle, it is pure joy. I had 216 to a front pin on a Par 5 last week, pulled this club out thinking it'll go 200-205 in the air.... I thought I caught it off the heel a bit but when I looked up, it was flying dead straight at the pin and screaming.... Got up to the green to see my ball mark a foot in front of the pin and about 2" left so the ball scooted through to the back of the green. I was bummed and impressed... lol Worst part is, I only made par out of it but at least I know the capabilities of this f45. Such an amazing club.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr2 10*Β  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8bΒ  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2Β  34"

Β 

Β 

Β 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

> @Nixhex524 said:

> STK wrote:

>

>

> Nixhex524 wrote:

>

>

>

> , but the f45 is the best 3 wood I have ever played. In stock form (KK shaft), its long, straight, great off the tee and easy off the deck.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I've been thinking about picking an F45 4 wood (you're right, for a song), but I've never seen one. Some of the reviews I've read say the head

>

> is very small. Is that the case? What can you compare it to, size wise?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I would say it is on the smaller side, maybe like 915fd?? Or maybe more like a Callaway Pro (pick your model) type with a little deeper face from heel to toe. I would not let that scare you, it is so much easier to hit than most other 3 woods I have put in the bag. I tried a 915 fd for a little while but it just wasn't forgiving at all and I had a hard time getting it to fly as high as I would like. With the f45, I can hit it low, high, fade, draw.... it's just been everything I could ask for in a 3 wood. The stock KK shaft may just be a good fit for me, idk. I tried a 13* f45 in my local store and was having no trouble flushing that one either. At a 4 wood, you might just get that little bit of extra forgiveness if the head size worries you. I am considering picking up another one soon, just to have. I have been through so many 3 woods over the last couple years, it's stupid. I do not even look at other options anymore. Least forgiving spot would be the heel, while the toe still flies nice and gets good distance but has a tendency to turn over a bit. Out of the middle, it is pure joy. I had 216 to a front pin on a Par 5 last week, pulled this club out thinking it'll go 200-205 in the air.... I thought I caught it off the heel a bit but when I looked up, it was flying dead straight at the pin and screaming.... Got up to the green to see my ball mark a foot in front of the pin and about 2" left so the ball scooted through to the back of the green. I was bummed and impressed... lol Worst part is, I only made par out of it but at least I know the capabilities of this f45. Such an amazing club.

Β 

This gives me one more opportunity to mention that I once owned a z545 driver with a stock HBP KK shaft and that club was a hammer. I gave it to my nephew β€” he still hits it, and long.

Β 

Nice review on the F45. If it is the shape of the Callaway Pro heads (x2 Hot my favorite) that is an excellent endorsement.

Β 

Also, I know this is more about the past models but if you have not seen the F85 fairways, they look really great in hand. Even the Srixon rep I was chatting with said they have been largely overlooked but are explosive and easy launchers. It is just hard to pass up the older stuff at such low prices.

Β 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Here are comparison photos (sorry not side by side, I don't have the Rogue anymore) of the Callaway Rogue 4 Wood at 162 cc and the older Srixon Z F45 4 wood at 160 cc, the design of the Srixon makes it look more compact. You can check specs of other fairway woods you are interested in and kinda compare to these 2.

Β 

I have the Srixon Z 565 driver but went with the F45 4 wood because I don't like the ARC SUPPORT CHANNEL crown (looks like a step down ridge) of the F65. BTW, the Srixon Z F65 4 wood is 161 cc so almost identical to these 2 in size.

Β 

7dugwmvvwayn.jpg

khq6fp2fk84q.jpg

1v7vckgwng0m.jpg

Β 

8fj6zwd4kv9j.jpg

leuspo2s5rtw.jpg

gfhpwlh535ac.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

It looks great to me. I like those pear shapes. The Cobra F9 3 wood is only 166cc and the Tour head is 149cc. I wish Srixon had sold the F45 5 wood in the US. It is adjustable to go from 19 degrees to 20. You can get them now as they have made their way from places like Australia. The 4 wood looks good.

I have the F65 fairway woods in various lofts - 13.5, 15, 17, 19 - haven't been able to hit a fairway wood for over a decade till these came along. Friendly and long, and will play a draw or fade on command. The shorter woods a bit more of a metallic 'ting' on impact (maraging face?) while the 13.5 has a bit more thud (like the old Titleist 975F Pro Trajectory woods) - not sure why.

Β 

Best of all, the F65 is going for way cheap on eBay these days. I got mine for around $79 each, complete with headcover. Tons cheaper than the F85, for very little performance difference

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @manoagolfer said:

> Same ?. Does it go +1 and -1 degree

Β 

Nope. Fixed hosel

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

Haven't tried the F65 models but i do have the newer F85 model and it is a fantastic club. Srixon makes great stuff.

• Like 2

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade Spider Tour V Stability Tour

Taylormade TP5X 2024

Β 

> @n_rones said:

> Haven't tried the F65 models but i do have the newer F85 model and it is a fantastic club. Srixon makes great stuff.

Β 

Same here. I really like the F85, I have mine with a HZRDUS yellow 75, great combo for me.

• Like 1

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX ZipcoreΒ  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

I found a brand new F65 3 wood and a brand new H65 3 hybrid on eBay during the Black Friday weekend when they had a 15% coupon code going. Had never hit either club before, but have been playing 565 irons for nearly two years. Ordered one of each with the stock Miyazaki stiff shaft and paid $170 combined. Fantastic golf clubs. Have been really pleased with both of themβ€”super easy to hit, the feel off the face is great, and the ball just jumps.

In case you missed it ... Just picked up a new Z F45 4 wood with the Kuro Kage shaft from Hurricane Golf for $69. It was literally the cheapest new fairway on their site. They are closing out and had 3w and 4w available. The H65 hybrids are $99 new.

• 1 year later...

I realise this is an old thread, but Srixon's decision to move from adapter (Z F45) to fixed hosel (later models) just pissed me off.

Β 

I have both Z F45 3 wood (game as a back-up 3 wood now) and Z F45 5 wood (still game this - smallΒ headΒ 155cc) and they are both excellent.

Β 

But I want to continue to use my collectionΒ of shafts and once a brand goes fixed hosel, you are stuffed unless you are happy staying with superseded heads. As an equipment ho like most on here, it is just frustrating. Less of an issue with the main brands of course.

Β 

I guess Srixon know that they make more $ theirΒ way but it has moved me away from their woods to Cobra.Β  Can't blame them if so but so annoying for me as an individual once you assemble a number of shafts with brandΒ adapters and you have to make a decision to move to another brand and their adapters.

Β 

I wonder if there is a market forΒ a brand to sell heads as well as complete clubs?

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //Β Β Cobra King Ltd FWYΒ @15.5Β° XCaliber FW S 43"Β //Β Β Cobra F7 FWYΒ @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5"Β //Β Β Titleist 818H1Β #4Β @20° Project XΒ Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40"Β // Titleist 818H1Β #6Β @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25"Β //Β Srixon Z565 6-PW:Β Β 6,7Β KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1,Β 8,9Β Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1,Β PWΒ Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //Β Cleveland CBX 50.11Β Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1Β //Β Β Cleveland RTX3 56.14Β bentΒ 55.13Β //Β Β Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10Β Β //Β Β TaylorMadeΒ Spider Tour Red #3 SightlineΒ 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0Β //Β Β TitleistΒ Pro V1xΒ //Β Β McGregorΒ Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

I realise this is an old thread, but Srixon's decision to move from adapter (Z F45) to fixed hosel (later models) just pissed me off.

Β 

I have both Z F45 3 wood (game as a back-up 3 wood now) and Z F45 5 wood (still game this - smallΒ headΒ 155cc) and they are both excellent.

Β 

But I want to continue to use my collectionΒ of shafts and once a brand goes fixed hosel, you are stuffed unless you are happy staying with superseded heads. As an equipment ho like most on here, it is just frustrating. Less of an issue with the main brands of course.

Β 

I guess Srixon know that they make more $ theirΒ way but it has moved me away from their woods to Cobra.Β  Can't blame them if so but so annoying for me as an individual once you assemble a number of shafts with brandΒ adapters and you have to make a decision to move to another brand and their adapters.

Β 

I wonder if there is a market forΒ a brand to sell heads as well as complete clubs?

Β 

Β 

No. Completely agree. Unless the adapters change function (ping 400 to 410) just keep the same adapters. I think this was one of the turn ons abt cobra. I have abt 15 spare adapters because of their no ferrule no difference approach

• Like 1

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 MaxΒ 16.5* Diamana 75 FWΒ 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80Β 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX ZipcoreΒ 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

Β 

Β 

WITB

20 minutes ago, Russ757 said:

Β 

Β 

No. Completely agree. Unless the adapters change function (ping 400 to 410) just keep the same adapters. I think this was one of the turn ons abt cobra. I have abt 15 spare adapters because of their no ferrule no difference approach

Absolutely re Cobra, part of my decision to transition toΒ them re woods.

Β 

Another bugbear - clubhead weight styleΒ changes - would be nice to build up a set of weights that could be used across multiple head series/models.

Β 

Here's a story that I suspect most if any on here would not know - the wood clubhead weights for the Srixon seriesΒ pre the 45 series (25 series, really only sold in Japan) have the slightest difference in weight design to the 45 series. They look almost identical but the 25 series are slightly more square so they are only usable in 45 series heads if you slightly modify the wood head weight slot - I know from experience.

Β 

I have been involved in tech product dev't for decades and to me it makes no sense to have such a minor weight design difference between back-to-back series. Understandable more if doing a significant redesign.

Β 

it would promote brand loyalty if you could use adapters (so shafts) and weights between series.

Β 

Love Srixon products, play Srixon irons still and think their woods are underrated but I have moved on re their woods for the reasons I have noted in this and my previous post.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //Β Β Cobra King Ltd FWYΒ @15.5Β° XCaliber FW S 43"Β //Β Β Cobra F7 FWYΒ @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5"Β //Β Β Titleist 818H1Β #4Β @20° Project XΒ Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40"Β // Titleist 818H1Β #6Β @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25"Β //Β Srixon Z565 6-PW:Β Β 6,7Β KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1,Β 8,9Β Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1,Β PWΒ Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //Β Cleveland CBX 50.11Β Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1Β //Β Β Cleveland RTX3 56.14Β bentΒ 55.13Β //Β Β Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10Β Β //Β Β TaylorMadeΒ Spider Tour Red #3 SightlineΒ 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0Β //Β Β TitleistΒ Pro V1xΒ //Β Β McGregorΒ Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

7 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Absolutely re Cobra, part of my decision to transition toΒ them re woods.

Β 

Another bugbear - clubhead weight styleΒ changes - would be nice to build up a set of weights that could be used across multiple head series/models.

Β 

Here's a story that I suspect most if any on here would not know - the wood clubhead weights for the Srixon seriesΒ pre the 45 series (25 series, really only sold in Japan) have the slightest difference in weight design to the 45 series. They look almost identical but the 25 series are slightly more square so they are only usable in 45 series heads if you slightly modify the wood head weight slot - I know from experience.

Β 

I have been involved in tech product dev't for decades and to me it makes no sense to have such a minor weight design difference between back-to-back series. Understandable more if doing a significant redesign.

Β 

it would promote brand loyalty if you could use adapters (so shafts) and weights between series.

Β 

Love Srixon products, play Srixon irons still and think their woods are underrated but I have moved on re their woods for the reasons I have noted in this and my previous post.

That is annoying. Shouldn’t happen. Very easy for them to avoid, too.Β You’re right that it hurts brand loyalty.Β 
Β 

I’m still playing the fixed hosel 585 driver because it is a true underrated beast that just works for me, but I also am pretty much completely standard in every driver. Hardly ever change the settings but I do change the length. SoΒ I do have lead tape on the soleΒ to increase the swing weight (shortened to 44.75) and haven’t bothered to chase down a heavier weight.
Β 

I ultimately didn’t like the Srixon fairways as well as the F9 or Callaway Rogues and Epic Flashes β€”Β all great fairway lineups β€”Β but I like everything else Srixon makes, including the Cleveland CBX2 58 wedge in my bag that is nearly idiot proof. The 785 driver is elite as well and both it and the 585 are deals now β€” with real deal aftermarket shafts.Β I do not expect Srixon’s new upcoming woods to perform noticeablyΒ better.

7 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

That is annoying. Shouldn’t happen. Very easy for them to avoid, too.Β You’re right that it hurts brand loyalty.Β 
Β 

I’m still playing the fixed hosel 585 driver because it is a true underrated beast that just works for me, but I also am pretty much completely standard in every driver. Hardly ever change the settings but I do change the length. SoΒ I do have lead tape on the soleΒ to increase the swing weight (shortened to 44.75) and haven’t bothered to chase down a heavier weight.
Β 

I ultimately didn’t like the Srixon fairways as well as the F9 or Callaway Rogues and Epic Flashes β€”Β all great fairway lineups β€”Β but I like everything else Srixon makes, including the Cleveland CBX2 58 wedge in my bag that is nearly idiot proof. The 785 driver is elite as well and both it and the 585 are deals now β€” with real deal aftermarket shafts.Β I do not expect Srixon’s new upcoming woods to perform noticeablyΒ better.

I played a 545 driver for 2 seasons and would have migrated to a later model Srixon driver if they hadn't gone fixed hosel in their fairways leading me to move to Cobra for my woods - now playing a Cobra F8+ driver and Fly-Z 3 wood (love the large head for tee work) and still bag the F45 5 wood as mentioned but that will be upgraded at some stage to something Cobra.

Β 

The 545 driver was quite good, suited me better when I replaced the stock Miyazaki Kaula shaft in stiff with an XCaliber 6+ in stiff, a little less spin, better dispersion and more distance, at least for me (driver SS 105mph).