Rants and Raves...

Garcia making a move now. Do want him to win it, but he was my better half's pick for this thing and I spent a full twenty minutes scoffing.

Did eventually let her back into the car. And had stopped raining by then, but she'd still make my life a misery if he won.

:rofl:

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

The marking from the side thing is distinctly amateur, very Sunday morning fourball. Her own fault as she should know better, she should be more careful. Expensive lesson.

I "mark" my ball with the end of my putter. If I was playing in anything formal, I wouldn't and I would respect the rules and the other players by doing things properly.

Rules are rules, but hoping there was a concept of letter and spirit as it was for Locke.

If the call would have been made a day later in the Lexi ruling it would have been the same as the Locke incident. The tourney would be over and the results final. Perhaps not all but how many of you would be screaming for the opposite side if it got out that the LPGA had the video but decided to do nothing about it? Then there would have been screams of "favoritism" for the fair haired Lexi.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

My first question is still, did the camera move? Anyone who ever watches viseos of golf swings knows that if the camera moves, analysis of all actions is then invalid.

My second thing is, she marked the ball from the side, and when replacing the ball, did she even look at the line? I don't think so. It was a tap in putt and she was just trying to quickly get it over to move on to the next hole. Suzann Pettersen made a comment in her after-round interview, that she originally thought Lexi was being warned for slow play, so if slow play warnings, or a reputation for slow play was known, Lexi likely tried to hurry, and carelessly put the ball down to quickly tap it in. Suzann was already off the green.

Too many assumptions of guilt to convict IMO.

Texsport

That has been my assertion all along is the camera angle tricking the eye. One of the members over on the main forums also posted such and supposedly he is a professional photographer. Anyhow the whole thing was handled incorrectly by the LPGA as a whole. As we used to say "Something is rotten in Raleigh there Bubba." From what I have read on here on WRX in other forums and on another site the LPGA may be loosing viewers. I know I will not be watching anymore if they are on the GC I will go over to Nick and watch Andy Griffith reruns or something.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

There is doing nothing and there is formally warning someone they don't like the look of what they are doing.

The rule is there so you don't cheat. So you don't move it closer or move is sideways to a nicer spot, getting around a spikemark or whatever.

A warning would be saying that someone has seen you remark the ball in a different spot, it is not within the letter of the rules, and you need to be careful and have been warned. Or they say you did that on purpose with the intent to gain an advantage and you've cheated.

Surely if it is the latter, four shots is a bit light. If they think she cheated, disqualify her.

I hadn't watched the full clip, but it looks to me a lot like cheating now as I can't work out what else she is doing. Hadn't realised she was pretty much ready to go, addressing the ball and moved it a little bit. Didn't look to realign or clean it, what was she doing?!

Congratulations to Sergio! Very happy for him that he finally broke through!

P.S.

Sorry Jonny. Hope your wife lets you back in the car. ;)

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Lydia Ko and her newest caddie split after just nine events -

The words: Immature, Spoiled, and Brat keep coming to mind for some strange reason...

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/04/16/lydia-ko-and-her-newest-caddie-split-after-just-nine-events

Golf world looks forward to simplified version of rules

http://buffalonews.c...-version-rules/

Because I want to enjoy my game I don't keep score. Yes, I know this is horrifying to some. The main reason I don't keep score is many of golf rules are simply ridiculous! No, I am not going to attempt to hit out of the huge trough some butthead ahead of me left in the fairway! Why should I be punished because he's a D-head? The game would become much faster and enjoyable for most of us if the rules of golf actually applied common sense to situations instead of looking to inflict maximum frustration. I honestly don't think it would make the game a whole lot easier but it would certainly make it more fun. It also might have a positive impact on the number of people who played and at least slow the decline of our favorite sport. By not keeping score I take myself out of the needless frustration of playing partners who think they are walking rule books. "You can't move that ball!" Watch me. "Well, I'm going to keep score for you." I don't give a @#^%! if you give me a 10 on every hole but if you don't let me enjoy my round I'm dropping you off at the turn! If the rules made common sense I might keep score but as it is I avoid frustration (and the bludgeoning of playing partners I don't know and who don't know me) by skipping the score keeping. It's not like I don't know if I'm playing well or playing poorly.

Not sure this is a rant, but it feels like it a bit. You spend 30 years acquiring clubs that are another 30 years older, and when you finally have the time to play them, you realize you have too many to rotate through play. Because that's why you took them in...to your warped sensibilities, they have retained their utility. You can't just pitch them...that would invalidate the core belief they should still be played. But the rest of the world considers them crude and decrepit...you'd be performing a cruel joke if you foisted a set onto a naive friend or relative. They are, as Yogi said about catcher's gear, the Tools of Ignorance.

But maybe along the way, you were tempted to pick-up (for next to nothing) a set of Karsten clones, Eye2 woods, and an older Hoofer bag. They now sit mocking you for missing the technology train. You attempt to play them and it (still) feels like betrayal. But these have a quality missing in your other gear...they are not "punishing", so they can be gifted. So I give you my great nephew, though I'm the one that can now smile and say "Look Ma, no more cavities".

(Apologies to the Ping affection-ados. As a fellow engineer, I admire Karsten's technical insights and accomplishments. But to me, by validating investment cast mass production via perimeter weighting, he invalidated the craftsmanship of forgings...except for the hold out few.)

Bravo TimV!!! Quality rant. Take your illogical rules and sanctity of the game nonsense at stick it. We pays our dime, I'll play however I damn well choose to. Especially as a purely recreational endeavor.

Don't believe I'd wait till the turn to drop off "Rule Book" guy. He'd be left by the wayside immediately once "lecturing" on chapter and verse began. Be gone you "vexation of spirit".

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Tiger can no longer compete... against a 10 year old.

Pretty sure he's done. I honestly hope so. Tiger, retire from playing. Build golf courses. Take up meditation and try to figure out how you became such a lousy human being. Work on fixing that.

http://www.golfchann...nd-goes-splash/

So with the Lexi incident, I am completely disgusted as to how it came about. Please stop the senseless call-in crap NOW!

That said, Lexi has to own the penalties. It was her responsibility to mark the ball correctly. I don't believe she cheated. I don't believe the infraction itself had an effect on the outcome. I have not watched the replay a bazillion times, but I am giving this classy person the benefit of the doubt. However, this is PROFESSIONAL golf. She should have known it was incorrect, and therefore should not have signed the card as correct. Had she done this properly, she would still have won.

I guess my logic is somewhat paradoxical, but after the close of the day's business, I don't think things should be altered, and I don't think they should be altered by non-involved persons AT ANY TIME.

Drivers: Titleist 915D2 9.5* Aldila Rogue 60-3.8-S
Titleist TS2 Tensei AV55 S flex
Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15* Proj X Evenflow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21*
Irons: Titleist 718AP1 5-GW2
Wedges: Vokey SM6 , 56-10S, 60-08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 35"
Ball: Titleist AVX

The words: Immature, Spoiled, and Brat keep coming to mind for some strange reason...

http://www.golf.com/...ust-nine-events

Rather harsh when the young lady fulfils her media tasks with grace and courtesy and appears to be a mature and well balanced person,are your comments based on insider knowledge or are you reliant on internet gossip?

http://www.golf.com/...ust-nine-events

Rather harsh when the young lady fulfils her media tasks with grace and courtesy and appears to be a mature and well balanced person,are your comments based on insider knowledge or are you reliant on internet gossip?

JMO based on this "Ten of Ko's 14 LPGA tour victories (and both majors) came with Justin Hamilton as her caddie, but Ko fired Hamilton in October. Before Hamilton, Ko used seven different caddies during her rookie season. " and this "In December she fired longtime coach David Leadbetter" Considering these people were instrumental in getting her to the Women's #1 ranking I would say she's unappreciative at best. These things make me believe what I said although she may not be all those things these actions certainly make me suspect them.

USGA still can't get it right. End viewer call ins and be done with it. If the players or rules official with them doesn't call it it didn't happen. Done...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/randall-mell/new-rules-decision-leaves-lpga-pros-unsatisfied/

Some people think the rules do not apply to them. For example, our pitching range is closed, with a big sign saying so, yet occasionally some yahoo will be over there hitting balls. Or, some folks ignore the cart signs and go wherever they want...and they don't have the flag on the cart that indicates they have a disability. Or, people who don't replace divots...one gentleman stated "that is what the hired help is for".

Some people think the rules do not apply to them. For example, our pitching range is closed, with a big sign saying so, yet occasionally some yahoo will be over there hitting balls. Or, some folks ignore the cart signs and go wherever they want...and they don't have the flag on the cart that indicates they have a disability. Or, people who don't replace divots...one gentleman stated "that is what the hired help is for".

This grinds my gears, too. The rules were actually invented for these people who won't do the right thing on their own. Just because you paid for a round of golf does not mean you own it for four hours. So sorry, Snowflake, you don't have special rights. You're just like the rest of us so get in line.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

If USGA and R&A really want to hasten play, try this...

http://www.morningread.com/features/53489eb2-c719-4389-8b3c-21a373cce0ff

None of the authorities in charge of golf have any real interest in speeding up the pace of play.

It's all about $$$$$ or £££££.

If your golf tournament takes all day you have more opportunity to sell advertising breaks,so the chances of seeing Jason Day and Jordan Spieth playing in a two ball and getting round in 3 hours or less are precisely NIL.

Does anyone complain about American football?

A game of four quarters of 15 minutes each that lasts all day?

But if your Saturday morning punters are taking five hours a round, you can't squeeze as many round in daylight hours.

The game is suffering because it is such a drain on time. Door to door, with travel, a five hours round and everything, it is a huge commitment. If I didn't live close to a course, having three kids under five, not sure when I would play at all. Only play a handful of full rounds a year as it is and there will be a lot of people like me.

So our local girl Lexi Thompson gets cheated out of her win. Viewers should not be Rules Officials! Two stroke penalty for misplacing her ball... fine. B.S., but whatever. Two more stroke penalty because she signed for an incorrect score she didn't know was incorrect, wasn't incorrect at the time because the first 2 stroke penalty hadn't been assessed... Are You F'n Kidding ME!?! PGA & LPGA better get their sh*t together!

Yes, I'm P.O.'d! No wonder our Game is dying. Can you imagine someone new to the game watching this crap?

So you can lose for something that happened the day before because a viewer saw something the rules officials there didn't call?

Who would want to play a stupid game like that!?!

Just because the USGA and R&A THINK that ALL golfers are LADIES and GENTLEMEN on the course maybe, they should stop worrying about the INSIGNIFICANT occurrences and start focusing on what is TRULY hurting the game of golf...for it is not, rules infringement.

In my humble opinion, Lexi Thompson's loss was more than what meets the eye, so to speak. I think something else happened here. Funny business.

I like the idea of a DQ if the Tour players go over 4 hours for their round ... that would fix pace of play without the need for shot clocks, extra officials to police it, and all that nonsense, and then hopefully the good habits would filter down to the great unwashed swathes of club handicap golfers :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

I played in a 3 ball medal competition at the weekend. Early in the round one of my playing partners drove into the trees and we were all heading in to help search when we saw the group behind appear on the tee. The chap whose ball we were looking for promptly suggested letting them play through as we were just starting to search. I agreed. 3rd member of the group says something along lines of the group behind were just out for a casual game and weren't part of the competition field - and so were not entitled to play through. I find it's always eye-opening to hear someone else's thought processes out loud.

Yes. Some golfers just need a hug.

Upside their head.

With a brick.