MEMBER REVIEWS: Aldila X-Torsion Copper Shafts.

HipCheck

Can anyone testing compare it to a gd bb shaft. Thx

I've hit the bb just a few times so, can't really provide feedback. I will say the feel resembles the GP tho, if only more stable and consistent. And that's saying something bc i love the GP profile

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread guys. I am really interested in the Copper as an upgrade for the G400. My info is that it is a $60 charge. Interesting observation about whether it is the same shaft as you guys are testing.

I am floored by the input here. My question is from a mid - capper and lower swing speed point of view. Anyone out there swing the regular copper. its weight looks to be very similar to the Ping ALTA shaft.

Great thread guys. I am really interested in the Copper as an upgrade for the G400. My info is that it is a $60 charge. Interesting observation about whether it is the same shaft as you guys are testing.

I am floored by the input here. My question is from a mid - capper and lower swing speed point of view. Anyone out there swing the regular copper. its weight looks to be very similar to the Ping ALTA shaft.

None of us. I swung the 60 stiff it has been the best shaft I have played. Case in point, a buddy I'm usually behind on drives.. I have caught up and pass him.

He even commented on how well the shaft has performed.

PING doesn't push upgrades so the fact they have throw them in the mix.. I truly believe it is the same shaft. They have bought into it as much as we all have. Also, per my source.. it's the real deal they are offering.

So coming back around to you... I guarantee the 50 Regular will be a very good stable shaft that should produce some great numbers. For the up charge you would rather get it now then second guess, you know?

Hopefully, you can compare the two before making the decision but cheaper to upgrade now than later.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

yeah. agreed. and thanks for the quick response. its going to be hard not to choose the upgrade!

No problem.

I hit the G400 today w/Alta 55X very nice feeling/sounding driver.

It didn't out perform the Epic w/xtorison copper..which was flying the roll out but it was a very nice driver.

protos F4

all you need to do now is try that G400 with XTORSION Copper!

Ha ha.. I'm not chasing that dragon anymore.

However, if my place gets a copper in for the G400... a battle will happen ;)

protos F4

So got my driver SW checked. It dropped 1 SW less installing the copper.

I acquired a weight to bring it back up but I feel like I should even go heavier...we shall see.

protos F4

I acquired a weight to bring it back up but I feel like I should even go heavier...we shall see.

i'm going to throw some lead tape on mine as well -- mine is also under length (45.25") a bit so, i will undoubtedly be a bit more than 1 point off. thanks for the heads up tex!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

i'm going to throw some lead tape on mine as well -- mine is also under length (45.25") a bit so, i will undoubtedly be a bit more than 1 point off. thanks for the heads up tex!

No problem man. Hopefully that increases the feel if not I'm going to order a 8 from Billy bobs or just drop in another 12.

8=D5

12= D7

The only thing about tinkering is you never know until you do it

protos F4

No problem man. Hopefully that increases the feel if not I'm going to order a 8 from Billy bobs or just drop in another 12.

8=D5

12= D7

yea i'm going to put tape on, see how it does...then go to hotmelt in my M2 for sound purposes. since putting the copper in the M2 -- my tee game has become a joke (in a good way). pick a spot, put a decent swing on it and it'll get there. i need to add, the copper on course isn't having the 'into the wind' issues that it had when paired with the 917D3 head. super stoked.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

8=D5

12= D7

yea i'm going to put tape on, see how it does...then go to hotmelt in my M2 for sound purposes. since putting the copper in the M2 -- my tee game has become a joke (in a good way). pick a spot, put a decent swing on it and it'll get there. i need to add, the copper on course isn't having the 'into the wind' issues that it had when paired with the 917D3 head. super stoked.

Awesome to hear. I have definitely been in spots I never thought I would reach. Obviously, everything from course conditions to ball impacts it.

However, playing the same courses for years and reaching areas I haven't seen before... MONEY!

protos F4

tex, have you still had the same issues i have in that even swings that aren't so so bad...still turn out really really good?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

tex, have you still had the same issues i have in that even swings that aren't so so bad...still turn out really really good?

Yes... now when i do a big miss (my snap hooks) nothing is saving that. However, the pushes, pulls, etc have stayed more on line. Even when I miss a little high the thing still flys combo deal (head tech/ spin tech on the shaft).

Love the shaft and can't wait to try it in a FW.. hell I'll the g400 FW just to try it!

protos F4

Yes... now when i do a big miss (my snap hooks) nothing is saving that. However, the pushes, pulls, etc have stayed more on line. Even when I miss a little high the thing still flys combo deal (head tech/ spin tech on the shaft).

Love the shaft and can't wait to try it in a FW.. hell I'll the g400 FW just to try it!

i NEED an 80TX for my 3w. i don't know how or when or if it's even possible but, Aldila, please read this and let me know if it's even going to be available...

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I know the two flexes you listed (50R and 60s) are the only two options offered before the Xs.

I know that doesn't mean much of anything, but PING is a company that doesn't give water down oem shafts.

They prefer you using their proprietary shafts over anything else.

Never said it was "watered down". Could be one made only for PING though, similar to the HZRDUS T800 that Callaway uses that is similar to the T1100 that really isn't a shaft the masses can use. When reps use the line "this is a shaft developed for us" (same thing Callaway says about the T800), I'm lead to believe it's not exactly the same as what's reviewed in this thread.

In other words, PINGs version could be a variant using the tech from the shaft here in this thread, but more fitting the general/average golfer. Or, it could be a situation similar to the Handcrafted vs machine made/mass produced HZRDUS shafts. Handcrafted is expensive, machine made is used by several OEMs as a no charge upgrade.

It would be cool if I'm wrong though, and it's the tour grade shaft.

My thought is the ones the guys got to test are like the Rogue 125 that are the super expensive tour issue ones, and the ones coming in the Pings will be more like the Rogue 110, more the retail offering.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I don't know because there were two different shafts.

With the Regular and Stiff they aren't going to produce two different types, imo.

Also, it seems they aren't even carrying the X or TX version, so I'm in the camp it is the real deal.

Definitely could be wrong but PING does it right more times than not

protos F4

Misplaced, what is your swing speed and type? I have a quick, was even called violent... transition, but my speed never gets higher than 100 on a good day. My miss is primarily left, it can be ugly. Was thinking of trying an Xtorsion, do you think the 60s would be too much? I am going to get fit in a couple of weeks, just looking for some ideas.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

Misplaced, what is your swing speed and type? I have a quick, was even called violent... transition, but my speed never gets higher than 100 on a good day. My miss is primarily left, it can be ugly. Was thinking of trying an Xtorsion, do you think the 60s would be too much? I am going to get fit in a couple of weeks, just looking for some ideas.

if your miss is left, you might want to go up in weight at touch. yes you might swing a touch slower but you'll get more control.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

TPG1971..

I hit 101-107. Average around 103..

Honestly, I don't think it will be too much at all. During my review, I kept saying it very stable more than the yellow hzdrus/green hzdrus.

It will be stouter than your Diamana Blue and launch lower/spin less. Typically all good things to help someone who curves it one way or another.

Like I said to Gio, nothing will save a bad swing but if a shaft can get you in the right position more times than not...winner winner chicken dinner.

In conclusion, yes I think you should be able to handle it easily especially with your hard transition.

protos F4

Damn this thread. :lol: Has me thinking about buying a copper to compete with my green mamba. Absolutely love it but can't help but feel the copper might help tighten things up just a hair, which would be perfect.

Ha ha.. same profile just counterbalance it seems. buy a g400 it might be cheaper than buying a shaft ;)

protos F4

Damn this thread. :lol: Has me thinking about buying a copper to compete with my green mamba. Absolutely love it but can't help but feel the copper might help tighten things up just a hair, which would be perfect.

Ha ha.. same profile just counterbalance it seems. buy a g400 it might be cheaper than buying a shaft ;)

Yeah, I've got a hard time believing that's the exact same shaft. Doesn't help that they offerings end at 60g Stiff flex on Ping's site, and I'm playing a 70TX.

Yeah, I've got a hard time believing that's the exact same shaft. Doesn't help that they offerings end at 60g Stiff flex on Ping's site, and I'm playing a 70TX.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer but the fact they only offer the two options is what makes me think they are real.

PING doesn't push oem shafts--

I'm a dreamer I know but I'm sticking to it ;).

Heck maybe pm Callaway lefty will let you "demo" his..

protos F4

Spoke to someone at Ping and they said the 60s is a 4.1 torque, more torque than most S flex shafts. Those who have hit it would you say it is "soft" to flex?

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Spoke to someone at Ping and they said the 60s is a 4.1 torque, more torque than most S flex shafts. Those who have hit it would you say it is "soft" to flex?

Absolutely not...

Stiffer than a yellow Hzdrus.

Does the counterbalance impact the torque?

protos F4

4.1 sounded high

They did say they expect a 7x to be up on the site soon :)

4.1 sounded high

They did say they expect a 7x to be up on the site soon :)

I see the page for Xtorison Copper but nothing yet.. so it is getting close to releasing information about it

For comparison but yellow hazards is 3.3 torque.. not apples to apples but along the same characteristic

protos F4

Have you played the Pro Orange? If so, would you say it plays similar or more stiff? (Subjective I Know)

Am 105-108 mph, medium tempo, but can get short and quick. Thinking of getting the Copper in a G400. I think the 60s would probably be fine, but I was thinking of ordering it tipped 1" to make it a hair stiffer. Earlier this year, my fitter suggested a soft-x or stout-stiff for me and I'm just wondering if the Copper 60s would fall under the category of "stout-stiff" or if a slight tipping would do the trick.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7