2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

It's all in good fun man i hope that didn't come off d*ckish.

I'm just a fan. I wish i could watch close games.

I like the Raptors and we suck

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn’t bother me what anyone thinks tbh. Opinions are like a-holes...everybody has one right? The thing is it’s been 2 years. To hear about something for 2 years gets a little old, but I get why people feel like that. Is everyone on here gonna say something when LBJ leaves and plays with 2-3 more all stars again? I get that he didn’t go to a Miami team that was 73-9 but he did recruit Bosh to play with him and Wade to form a super team. Then he had Cleveland trade Wiggins for Love and Kyrie was there already so another super team. Who cares? Move on. I’m glad everyone is tired of watching the Warriors win. For decades we’ve been cellar dwellers. We’ve had good players (Mullin, Richmond, Hardaway) but bad coaching. We’ve had bad trades (Richmond for Owen). We’ve had horrendous draft picks (Smith, Foyle, Fuller, etc.). No premier free agents wanted to come here. Dwight turned us down the year we got Iggy I think. So forgive me if we’re having a few years of dominance and I’m enjoying it. Actually, apology rescinded.

There’s no crying. It’s a fact. Lebron cop out and I’m glad to see him lose 7 finals and counting. Kd is in same breathe.

All time greats in their prime don’t team up with the nemesis. I won’t mind watching the Celtics scrub team win it all. Reminds me of that piston team from 2004 with a bunch of 2nd tier stars.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Rockets win. Let’s see if we can go 2 days without crying people.

If we can get one good series out of 8 that is better than nothing I guess.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Fwiw television ratings during the regular season were announced as being up, basically a modern high. So the league is as popular as it's ever been recently

The 2017 finals did not do as well as some other finals. Though game 5 finished 4th or 5th in terms of most watched finals games since 2010

So it doesn't appear to be really hurting the game. Though the finals ratings were not quite in line. Will be interesting to see what they are this year. If the league ratings during season are amazing but so so during the finals that would be fairly telling

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It doesn’t bother me what anyone thinks tbh. Opinions are like a-holes...everybody has one right? The thing is it’s been 2 years. To hear about something for 2 years gets a little old, but I get why people feel like that. Is everyone on here gonna say something when LBJ leaves and plays with 2-3 more all stars again? I get that he didn’t go to a Miami team that was 73-9 but he did recruit Bosh to play with him and Wade to form a super team. Then he had Cleveland trade Wiggins for Love and Kyrie was there already so another super team. Who cares? Move on. I’m glad everyone is tired of watching the Warriors win. For decades we’ve been cellar dwellers. We’ve had good players (Mullin, Richmond, Hardaway) but bad coaching. We’ve had bad trades (Richmond for Owen). We’ve had horrendous draft picks (Smith, Foyle, Fuller, etc.). No premier free agents wanted to come here. Dwight turned us down the year we got Iggy I think. So forgive me if we’re having a few years of dominance and I’m enjoying it. Actually, apology rescinded.

Dwight turning you down was a blessing lol

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

There's no crying. It's a fact. Lebron cop out and I'm glad to see him lose 7 finals and counting. Kd is in same breathe.

All time greats in their prime don't team up with the nemesis. I won't mind watching the Celtics scrub team win it all. Reminds me of that piston team from 2004 with a bunch of 2nd tier stars.

As long as you agree that LBJ did the same I'm cool with it. It irks me that people will defend LBJ but crap on KD. It's like pot meet kettle.

Dwight turning you down was a blessing lol

Yea, in hind sight lol. But at the time he was the premier big man.

It doesn't bother me what guys do if the product ends up being good. I wasn't crazy about LeBron going to Miami but in the end we got 4 years of pretty competitive series. Including Miami losing in the finals twice and winning the titles in 6 and 7 games

Its fun to watch close games, which is why I wouldn't mind another couple of super teams for the next 2-3 years.

Though Houston making it 2-2 is nice. I'll watch game 5 with some interest now

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I can't watch even watch ESPN this week because they're all high on Lebron's @ss, even going as far as suggesting he's the GOAT and this would be his greatest victory if he beats the celtics in the conference final.

You got to be kidding me right? If he's supposed to be the GOAT, then he wouldn't be struggling against a no name celtics team right now. Don't get me wrong, he will beat the celtics but that's not a crowning achievement IMHO

He's got an all star in kevin love and enough shooters and athletic pieces to walk to the finals. He's supposed to beat the Celtics. Not if he's supposed to beat the celtics.

If lebron leaves for greener pasture after this season, his legacy is sealed in my books. A supposedly GOAT requiring NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3 and so on all star to win championships. LMAO.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I can't watch even watch ESPN this week because they're all high on Lebron's @ss, even going as far as suggesting he's the GOAT and this would be his greatest victory if he beats the celtics in the conference final.

You got to be kidding me right? If he's supposed to be the GOAT, then he wouldn't be struggling against a no name celtics team right now. Don't get me wrong, he will beat the celtics but that's not a crowning achievement IMHO

He's got an all star in kevin love and enough shooters and athletic pieces to walk to the finals. He's supposed to beat the Celtics. Not if he's supposed to beat the celtics.

If lebron leaves for greener pasture after this season, his legacy is sealed in my books. A supposedly GOAT requiring NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3 and so on all star to win championships. LMAO.

I was on the same boat (probably still am) on how I regard LeBron. but really, he's definitely an all-time great. The GOAT though? well again, I'm probably biased due to when I grew up but he's no Jordan. In fact, even Jordan wasn't "Jordan" until Pippen developed along with Horace Grant, and later Rodman, Kucoc, etc... Besides, if championships were the sole determining factor for who's the GOAT then no one's beating Bill Russell and he played with a bunch of hall of famers, too

Who here would change jobs if you knew you were walking into a better situation? Live somewhere you can golf all year, have better coworkers, easier job, and better investment potential. I think kd made the right choice

That was my argument a couple of years ago. OKC ownership was corrupt. KD signed an extension when everyone thought he was leaving so he gave them more years than they thought he would. He won an MVP and took them to the Finals. He learned to play with a ball dominant guard in Westbrook. But most importantly, he gave so much to that community...schools, natural disasters, charities, etc. But they forget all that when he decides to put himself first for once. That says a lot about their fan base. If Steph left to go play with Houston for example with CP3 and Harden I'd wish him the best. He's helped resurrect a franchise and has done a lot for the Bay Area. Can't be mad at that...ever.

Who here would change jobs if you knew you were walking into a better situation? Live somewhere you can golf all year, have better coworkers, easier job, and better investment potential. I think kd made the right choice

I would definitely want a better job. My point was Durant isn't some middle manager, he's a CEO capable of changing an entire narrative, a trendsetter. He's one of the best people ever at his job. Typically these types want to build something in their image and vision.

I just likened it to someone choosing to be a VP at Apple instead of creating a company to compete with Apple.

Durant could've made any team in the league a contender.

Everyone is different. When you play 5-5 at the gym and you split teams, if you are the best player...do you want the second and third best player on your team? Or do you want them on the other team so you can beat a worthy challenger? If you are assigned to take over a business unit at your company, do you want one already ranked #1 in their field? Or do you want one ranked #4 that you can impact and grow into the top spot and be the guy that did that

There's nothing wrong with someone setting challenging goals for themselves either. Sometimes that is more fulfilling than the end result. A "better" job doesn't mean "easier" necessarily for many people. A great balance of enjoyment and challenge I think is what many want in any field.

From listening to Durant on many podcasts. I get the impression he wants to be great at the "skill" of basketball, and do well in business. I don't get the impression he is very competitive for someone so talented

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You blaming the 1-9 playoff record for the 3 seasons before pippen arrived. ? Let’s not forget he broke his foot year 2 and technically played 2 full season before pippen.

Jordan would have won championships Without Pippen. Pippen would never sniff a final without Jordan.

The goat of nba might not have won 6-0 but 3 championships isn’t impossible. I watched every one of Jordan’s game in the 80s and 90s. Lebron size is the only thing he’s got over Jordan.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

You blaming the 1-9 playoff record for the 3 seasons before pippen arrived. ? Let's not forget he broke his foot year 2 and technically played 2 full season before pippen.

Jordan would have won championships Without Pippen. Pippen would never sniff a final without Jordan.

The goat of nba might not have won 6-0 but 3 championships isn't impossible. I watched every one of Jordan's game in the 80s and 90s. Lebron size is the only thing he's got over Jordan.

I'd agree with that. The biggest difference is attitude. IF LBJ had Westbrook's or Kobe's attitude and fire I think he would've surpassed MJ, but he doesn't. Also, MJ played in an era where you can beat the hell out of someone and not get a foul called. Today's NBA is similar to the NFL. Don't touch star players. Offense sells.

I would definitely want a better job. My point was Durant isn't some middle manager, he's a CEO capable of changing an entire narrative, a trendsetter. He's one of the best people ever at his job. Typically these types want to build something in their image and vision.

I just likened it to someone choosing to be a VP at Apple instead of creating a company to compete with Apple.

Durant could've made any team in the league a contender.

Everyone is different. When you play 5-5 at the gym and you split teams, if you are the best player...do you want the second and third best player on your team? Or do you want them on the other team so you can beat a worthy challenger? If you are assigned to take over a business unit at your company, do you want one already ranked #1 in their field? Or do you want one ranked #4 that you can impact and grow into the top spot and be the guy that did that

There's nothing wrong with someone setting challenging goals for themselves either. Sometimes that is more fulfilling than the end result. A "better" job doesn't mean "easier" necessarily for many people. A great balance of enjoyment and challenge I think is what many want in any field.

From listening to Durant on many podcasts. I get the impression he wants to be great at the "skill" of basketball, and do well in business. I don't get the impression he is very competitive for someone so talented

You keep speculating on Durant's motivations for joining the Warriors - that's not necessary, he explained his reasoning already.

KD said he had 2 main motivations:

1) to become the best player he could be: so he left a team that forced all their players to be a worse version of themselves to join a team that was revolutionizing basketball and allowed all their players to reach a new level capability they never had.

2) he wanted to move to a location where he could evolve into the man he wanted to be: so he moved to the most desirable place in America to live which gave him many off court opportunities that fit his interests.

When you talk about playing pick up ball, who do I chose to play with? I like to play with certain types of players regardless of capability. I generally like to play with smarter players, and that allows me to have more fun than anything else.

In the end some people are complaining about KD's move and LeBron's move because of the loss of competitiveness. Right now both conference finals series are tied 2-2, and neither KD or LeBron have home court advantage. So basically, we can't complain about those player's moves messing up the competitive balance right now. It's time to enjoy this higher level competitive basketball we're witnessing. And as for complaining; after every game, one team's fans will complain. At the end of the season, 29 team's fans will be complaining. There's nothing wrong about being salty, it goes hand and hand with being a fan (people who by definition are over zealous and brain washed). For all fans, don't let anyone tell you not to complain if your team loses.

Yes I am speculating, I acknowledge that. He has his reasons and he knows what they are, maybe it's what he says maybe not.

You are right, its 2-2 and I acknowledge that too as I didn't expect that

I am happy that the conference finals have been worth watching

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

One close game in 8 games don’t make these conference finals great. It’s early on and they still feeling each other. There’s nothing competitive about it.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Re: Jordan and Pippen. Look up Pip's stats and the Bulls play the year MJ left. Pip was spectacular. He led the NBA 1st team votes, but was only 3rd in MVP balloting. Bulls 3rd best record in East. 2nd in Div. Pippen could've begin a legit top 50 (instead of being questioned by Zeke).

He was just fragile mentally and Jackson going to Kukoc for that shot instead of him killed his confidence since then.

Let's not fall into the current NBA click hype of MJ vs LBJ. Totally different styles. MJ and Kobe. LBJ and Magic/Pippen.

That 4th quarter was probably the worst 4th quarter of the Warriors the past year. Passes to noone, missed dunks. I would love to say the Rockets took that game just so they get confidence, but the Warriors looked like they were "trying to keep it close" but accidentally lost it.

They essentially lost Chris Paul for the series. I hope they win and we get a rockets Celtics final.

Brad Stevens will go down as the goat coach if he can take this Celtics to the promise land.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Tired of seeing Houston win all the time. Need more parity. Harden a coward for going to Houston

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

strained hamstring

he said he's going to try to go game 6 but we will see how effective he can be.

Rockets have been using him on the defensive switch against durant but if the hamstring has anything to say I doubt he'll be as effective.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

strained hamstring

he said he's going to try to go game 6 but we will see how effective he can be.

Rockets have been using him on the defensive switch against durant but if the hamstring has anything to say I doubt he'll be as effective.

Thanks Jere, didn't know that. That's a tough one to play through.