2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

The only way GS doesn't win or isn't favored to win (by a lot) the next couple of years, is injuries/bad breaks. Even with Curry out they were still a top 5 team.

The rest of the league just has to remain relevant/marketable til the Warriors contracts just become too much to bear for GS management.

I don't see contracts breaking up GS. I think all of those would be willing to take less and win. Injuries will happen eventually or another super team will be formed. Durant will always be the ultimate chump though, dude is a BUM.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durant is also so bitter that you could use his tears to make a Manhattan.

I'm looking forward to his next podcast where he talks about how much he hates podcasts. Or how what people say doesn't bother him even though he has ghost accounts

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think eventually after 4-5 rings the Steph, KD, Klay, and Green gang will get a little bored, eventually want more money and the chance to prove the can challenge on their own.

After this year I expect a drop off from LeBron he cannot sustain what he has done the past 3 years. MJ was undisputed goat until LeBron's last 3 seasons.

He has to move (again), but there is no team in the East strong enough. West will tax him too much regular season.

If I'm not mistaken Klay had the chance to leave but he's making so much money from his overseas shoe deal he can take less with GS. He's also quoted as saying winning is too much fun. KD has business ventures all over Silicon Valley and from what I read he loves the Bay Area. As a Warrior fan since the Run TMC days I'm just trying to enjoy the ride while it lasts. It's nice being able to take your kids to Championship Parades!

I think eventually after 4-5 rings the Steph, KD, Klay, and Green gang will get a little bored, eventually want more money and the chance to prove the can challenge on their own.

After this year I expect a drop off from LeBron he cannot sustain what he has done the past 3 years. MJ was undisputed goat until LeBron's last 3 seasons.

He has to move (again), but there is no team in the East strong enough. West will tax him too much regular season.

The sixers have the talent if Lebron decides to go there (although they might need a better coach to take them all the way). I disagree about the West, depending who's on his squad, he just has to coast a little during the regular season and as long as his new team makes it in the upper half of the playoff seeding they can definitely compete. For example, if you added James to the #4-8 seeds without them losing too many assets to do it, that team would probably be at worst the #3 seed. One thing that Lebron and the Warriors have shown, especially if both make the finals again this year is that the regular season means nothing and you don't have to exert much energy into it to win the championship

I'm at the point where i don't really care where Lebron goes as long as he leaves LOL....i'm sick of seeing GS/Cleveland

He should go to Boston. Sign and trade for Hayward so Cleveland can go all in on another injured star and the Celtics clear cap space

Brad Stevens and Lebron would go 83-0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I was joking they should trade Hayward for LeBron in a Chris Paul style opt-in deal.

I think they literally could do this and make it work.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I was joking they should trade Hayward for LeBron in a Chris Paul style opt-in deal.

Would the Celtics even want to make this deal? Who wouldn't want to trade for LeBron, but I could honestly see the Celtics not wanting him.

they could contend and win without him, especially if kyrie can come back close to or better than he was before the injury. Even as a warriors fan, I know that no matter how well-coached your team is and how well they run their offensive sets, you still need at least 1 guy that create their own shot when needed. I don't follow the Celtics but I know for damn sure Kyrie can provide that for them.

Would the Celtics even want to make this deal? Who wouldn't want to trade for LeBron, but I could honestly see the Celtics not wanting him.

I've heard the same grumbles from Philly fans too. That LeBron is awesome but they have a really good thing going, and worry that his ball dominance would hurt Ben Simmons development

LeBron is getting old enough where it's a valid question. Is 2-3 years followed by his scorched earth tactics worth it?

If I was a Boston or Philly fan I'd be both excited and worried...so I don't really know

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Celtics aren't going after Lebron. They're proving they can beat him without 2 All-Stars playing. And remember Kyrie left to get out from under LBJ's shadow. I think he would ruin a good thing in Philly as far as chemistry goes. I can't see anyone on that team wanting to wear a handpicked suit by LBJ for team 'unity'. The Lakers don't have enough to contend, even if they get PG3. Houston wouldn't work. CP3, Beard Flopper, and LBJ all need the ball too much. Honestly, if he was smart I think New Orleans would be ideal. He'll have 2 premiere bigs and 2 very good point guards and a good bench. He'll also have a coach who loves pushing the ball and ball movement since he came from the Warriors. I wouldn't discount the Knicks either. He's a huge fan of Fiz and they have the Unicorn. It's also a huge market obviously.

Yeah I was just joking I mean Boston is not in play I just thought it'd be funny

I agree on new Orleans. Not sure why that isn't more of a destination

Holiday and brow are a great twosome

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah I was just joking I mean Boston is not in play I just thought it'd be funny

I agree on new Orleans. Not sure why that isn't more of a destination

Holiday and brow are a great twosome

nike and his other interests/sponsors will want him to move to NY or LA. If finding a place that can offer him immediate championship contending status proves too difficult, then he's going to one of those 2 cities

Are we going to be looking at Celtics vs warriors finals? That will make for the quickest sweep in nba series history. I am super excited for the Celtics future, and I think they are going to be something special for years to come. If they can get and stay healthy with Irving/Hayward/Brown/Tatum/Horford line up I think they are as good as anyone in the league.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

The issue with the Celtics (and maybe the NBA in general) is that this team's window is really small.

You've got two more years with Kyrie, Horford, and Jaylen Brown. The team is just so young...and so good...I don't see them pulling it all together before economics splits it apart.

You could say the same thing about the Warriors.....But to their credit , guys like Thompson and Durant have pretty much flat out said staying together is more important than money to them, so it seems like this team could stick together for 4-5 years, and that's on top of the 3-4 that they were together before Durant.

I actually think that we will see LESS movement as the cap rises, because there's so much money in play, that it actually becomes less significant

Guys like Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum will make 250M in their careers if they stay healthy. And that's before endorsements and that's minimum. Andrew Wiggins isn't as good as either guy and has a 150M dollar deal at 22yrs old

The cap rising to 120-130M bucks, guys could easily decide to keep playing together for less than the max and still have infinite money

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

i am no way a lebron lover but to think this series is over already is nonsense. Until someone loses at home we might get an epic game 7 and I like my chances with Queen James over a bunch of young buck.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Its possible they could get Kawhi, George and LeBron. I mean maybe not likely but it's not crazy. They have the assets to trade for Kawhi and the other two guys are free agents

Can you imagine that defense?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I look forward to seeing how these two series unfold over the next week or so. I feel like these playoffs has been much more entertaining than the previous few. The conference finals will probably be more competitive than the actual finals, but I am actually excited for basketball to crown a champion. I would still bet the farm on the warriors, but would love to be proven wrong

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Its possible they could get Kawhi, George and LeBron. I mean maybe not likely but it's not crazy. They have the assets to trade for Kawhi and the other two guys are free agents

I would be afraid to see what Pop would ask for... Ingram/Kuz/25th pick for Kawhi? I am not sure I would say yes to that if I am the Lakers. It's easier to say yes if PG and Bron are already signed because the threesome is so scary. With Kuz, Ball, and Ingram you are talking about possible three Kawhi's. Obviously that is a reach but you never know what these guys can become, look at Kawhi for example. After his first few seasons not a lot of people would be the player that he has been.

I would be afraid to see what Pop would ask for... Ingram/Kuz/25th pick for Kawhi? I am not sure I would say yes to that if I am the Lakers. It's easier to say yes if PG and Bron are already signed because the threesome is so scary. With Kuz, Ball, and Ingram you are talking about possible three Kawhi's. Obviously that is a reach but you never know what these guys can become, look at Kawhi for example. After his first few seasons not a lot of people would be the player that he has been.

I think if you are assured Kawhi is healthy and you can get him while keeping either Ball or Ingram....you probably have to do it. He's still only 25-26. And he probably cinches LeBron and probably someone else

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You don't have to worry about saying yes to Ingram/Kuz/25th pick for Kawhi - b/c I don't think that's nearly enough to get Kawhi, it will certainly take more than that for a healthy Kawhi.

You don't have to worry about saying yes to Ingram/Kuz/25th pick for Kawhi - b/c I don't think that's nearly enough to get Kawhi, it will certainly take more than that for a healthy Kawhi.

They may have to throw in Hart but that offer would certainty get a lot of a attention. You have to remember that Kawhi sat out the entire season because on injury and is soon to be a free agent. I don't how many offers SA would get much better than that given the fact that he would likely not sign an extension.

I don't know the salary cap that well but assuming the Lakers were to able to pond off the Deng contract in the deal is their room in the cap to sign all three of Bron, PG and Kawhi? Would they have to take pay cuts? Because I don't see that happening.