2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 point win...wow

When GS is clicking, no one can stay within 20 points of them. As far as I'm concerned, this was Game 3 of the NBA finals. Cleveland and BOS can't win more than 2 games against GS or Houston. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep but I think I think it'll be a 5 game series.

As for LeBron... I think we see him in LA. But with the Clippers next season. They basically cleared their cap space for him and whomever he can bring along. Lebron has kind of been transitioning his life out LA for the last couple of years anyway. Things I have read and heard make it seem like LA is where he wants to settle down after his basketball career ends so it would make sense to start that transition now.

I think we could see something like Bron and Paul George team up with some other coveted free agents. Possibly Cousins or even a Chris Paul return to LA. In this scenario, I would expect Melo to sign as a veteran role player.

Bron isn't going to go to a team which is already established and he suddenly has to fit in. He is going to go somewhere where he can build what he wants. LAC makes perfect sense here. He isn't going to Boston, Philly would shock me as well. I seem him heading somewhere like LAC where he join forces with his buddies and builds another Miami Heat, or, he will stay put in Cleveland.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

41 point win...wow

When GS is clicking, no one can stay within 20 points of them. As far as I'm concerned, this was Game 3 of the NBA finals. Cleveland and BOS can't win more than 2 games against GS or Houston. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep but I think I think it'll be a 5 game series.

As for LeBron... I think we see him in LA. But with the Clippers next season. They basically cleared their cap space for him and whomever he can bring along. Lebron has kind of been transitioning his life out LA for the last couple of years anyway. Things I have read and heard make it seem like LA is where he wants to settle down after his basketball career ends so it would make sense to start that transition now.

I think we could see something like Bron and Paul George team up with some other coveted free agents. Possibly Cousins or even a Chris Paul return to LA. In this scenario, I would expect Melo to sign as a veteran role player.

Bron isn't going to go to a team which is already established and he suddenly has to fit in. He is going to go somewhere where he can build what he wants. LAC makes perfect sense here. He isn't going to Boston, Philly would shock me as well. I seem him heading somewhere like LAC where he join forces with his buddies and builds another Miami Heat, or, he will stay put in Cleveland.

I just can't see LeBron signing with the Clippers....

The Playoffs have been really boring, more than 3/4's of the games it seems like are over before the 4th quarter starts.

Yeah i mean i've written it before but the Warriors have definitely sapped my interest in the playoffs.

I had a baby to feed yesterday with nothing on TV and my wife asleep ....a quality NBA game would've been nice. But like so many during the past couple of years, boring as crap. Too bad Mr Cupcake couldn't have signed elsewhere so we could have an entertaining product

I want Lebron, George and Kawhi to go to LA just so we can watch a competitive playoff series.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

41 point win...wow

Doubt Melo will opt out, no one will pay him what he gets for opting in. He'd probably cost himself 15M dollars....i guess that might not matter to him but i would imagine his ego might have an issue with opting out and being offered 7M a year, if that.

I think if Boogie leaves NO it's because they refuse to sign him, which could happen. Boogie is a lot like Kevin Garnett, once he settles somewhere he doesn't want to leave. He was legit upset to leave Sacramento even though that place was a disaster. He gets involved in community stuff and all that....i think he stays in NO if they pay him a reasonable amount which in their minds is probably less than the max. Not sure what the market will be for Boogie, i'd bet he stays in NO for less money

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah i mean i've written it before but the Warriors have definitely sapped my interest in the playoffs.

I had a baby to feed yesterday with nothing on TV and my wife asleep ....a quality NBA game would've been nice. But like so many during the past couple of years, boring as crap. Too bad Mr Cupcake couldn't have signed elsewhere so we could have an entertaining product

I want Lebron, George and Kawhi to go to LA just so we can watch a competitive playoff series.

He single handily ruined the NBA. Just a few years ago the NBA thread was extremely active, lots of debates, their were just a lot more unknowns. The playoffs the last two years would be like going to a movie and already knowing the ending.

I don't think LAL can sign all three of those guys, they would have to pay huge pay cuts.

Kawhi is under contract another year at a decent price. Paul George won't get a super max. LeBron gets 35M and Kawhi is 20M or so, George signs for 25 or thereabouts

They could do it if San Antonio takes on salary in the Kawhi deal I think. Though you'd have to give them Ball/Kuzma plus probably a pick

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It’s funny how everyone Iikes to complain about the warriors “ruining” the NBA when if you look at the past 3 decades there has always been 1-2 teams max that dominated every season. Lakers and Celtics in the 80’s, Bulls in the 90’s, Spurs and Lakers in the 2000’s, Heat and Warriors in this decade.

There is no real parity in the NBA because individual super stars affect the outcomes so much that unless you get lucky in the draft, make trades where you come out on top, and/or have an excellent; well-run organization with owner support you’ll almost always lose out to teams in marquee locations that these super stars actually want to play for (I.e. Lakers, Celtics, and the Knicks if they could ever get rid of Dolan as an owner). Look at Toranto, they finally thought they figured it out this year by winning the top seed in the east until they met the Cavs and found out (again) that Lowery and Derozan are good, all star caliber players, but they’re not super stars like Lebron

The warriors haven’t even won back to back championships yet, and everyone makes it seem like a forgone conclusion that theyre gonna win the next few in a row. Theyre not as set up for the long haul as everyone thinks they are. Curry is the only guy gauranteed for more than 2 years, and i feel like he’s the most likely for injury. As a warriors fan, im hoping they run off 2-3 more championships, because its an ugly world being a middling playoff team. Good enough to get in the playoffs is the worst thing for nba teams

The "ruining" only started when KD joined the bandwagon and created the superteam.

Yes when LBJ joined the 43 win Wade led Heat it didn't sit comfortably.

It felt worse when KD who was a MVP and scoring champ joining a team that had just set the record (the reason - fatigue from chasing history- that everyone, myself and GSW fans, point to as the reason for losing. NOT LBJ averaging a triple/double).

I don't think anyone can say that, barring injury, the Dubs are not favored to reach the Finals and win it all for the next 2 years.

Their play is magnificently beautiful to watch. It was already that way during the 73 win season, now with KD and all the effortless winning it makes for a boring NBA.

It’s funny how everyone Iikes to complain about the warriors “ruining” the NBA when if you look at the past 3 decades there has always been 1-2 teams max that dominated every season. Lakers and Celtics in the 80’s, Bulls in the 90’s, Spurs and Lakers in the 2000’s, Heat and Warriors in this decade.

There is no real parity in the NBA because individual super stars affect the outcomes so much that unless you get lucky in the draft, make trades where you come out on top, and/or have an excellent; well-run organization with owner support you’ll almost always lose out to teams in marquee locations that these super stars actually want to play for (I.e. Lakers, Celtics, and the Knicks if they could ever get rid of Dolan as an owner). Look at Toranto, they finally thought they figured it out this year by winning the top seed in the east until they met the Cavs and found out (again) that Lowery and Derozan are good, all star caliber players, but they’re not super stars like Lebron

I'm a customer and am allowed to not like the product. Its not as interesting to me. That's all I said. I didn't look at ratings, it's possible overall the league is doing better interest wise

At the end of the day it's a product dependent on fan interest

Even other dynasties though like the Bulls...they still played 6-7 game series. This is boring to me. 4-0 with 30 pt blowouts

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You guys forgot how tough some of those bulls championships were. Jazz and bulls was a tough hard fought series. This is becoming a joke.

Yes there were dynasties but it was competitive. The lack of competition is what I’m annoyed with.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

You guys forgot how tough some of those bulls championships were. Jazz and bulls was a tough hard fought series. This is becoming a joke.

Yes there were dynasties but it was competitive. The lack of competition is what I’m annoyed with.

We only like dynasties when they're our team!

I'm on board with these being boring, yet loved watching my Cornhusker football teams run roughshod over everyone in the mid 90's.

Part of the issue with the competitiveness of the games is the heavy reliance on the 3 point shot as well. If it's clicking, the team goes bananas. If they are off, it's a mess. I think that is also a big part of why we are seeing games be not competitive.

Part of the issue with the competitiveness of the games is the heavy reliance on the 3 point shot as well. If it's clicking, the team goes bananas. If they are off, it's a mess. I think that is also a big part of why we are seeing games be not competitive.

I would definitely agree with this. If you shoot 35+ threes in a game there is a lot of blowout potential on both sides of the coin

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

We only like dynasties when they're our team!

I'm on board with these being boring, yet loved watching my Cornhusker football teams run roughshod over everyone in the mid 90's.

Well college football has always been about lopsided wins. How else do you explain Nebraska whooping Florida in 96 Tostitos fiesta bowl......

Those nba dynasties from 80s and 90s didn’t win lop sided. Last years warriors win and this year will be the same. 4-1 and not even close.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Golden State last year 16-1 and outscored opponents by 14pts per 100 possessions

This year 10-3 outscoring by 11pts

They may play great basketball, but certainly not exciting basketball!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Golden State last year 16-1 and outscored opponents by 14pts per 100 possessions

I'm about as biased as they come due to my team affiliation but I find their brand of basketball as exciting as it can get. Everyone's entitled to their own viewpoint/opinion of course, that's why I like reading and posting on threads like these. I'm sure if this site was available back during the kobe/shaq lakers' run, I'd be puking my guts out on how boring it is for kobe to keep shooting and shooting and shaq basically causing an offensive foul almost every time he posted in the low block and lowered his shoulder into his defender before dunking (cool)

I enjoy about 5 minutes of every Warriors game. Its that five minute stretch where they just go bananas and Steph or KD or Klay take over the game and can't miss. That stretch is always mind boggling to watch.

Unfortunately, that normally takes a close game and makes it out of reach and ruins the rest of the game. But man is it entertaining.

The rest of the game seems like some OK basketball and Draymond boiling to the point where he undoubtedly loses his mind at some point in the game.

I'm about as biased as they come due to my team affiliation but I find their brand of basketball as exciting as it can get. Everyone's entitled to their own viewpoint/opinion of course, that's why I like reading and posting on threads like these. I'm sure if this site was available back during the kobe/shaq lakers' run, I'd be puking my guts out on how boring it is for kobe to keep shooting and shooting and shaq basically causing an offensive foul almost every time he posted in the low block and lowered his shoulder into his defender before dunking (cool)

They play beautiful basketball, problem is they have no peers to make the game interesting. Watching them play a Bizarro version of themselves would be basketball nirvana.

So I agree with you, they play awesome ball. Its just boring for me

It reminds me of when I played junior squash. We were privileged to have a future world #1 play in our nationals. He was a sight to behold , but it got repetitive to watch every match end 9-0, 9-0, 9-0.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Shaq and Kobe had drama within the team (even though it was mostly made up). The competition was close as well with TD on the Spurs, the Kings, and the Blazers.

I agree the reliance on the 3pt shot has changed the game and GSW's dominance of that aspect has made the games boring. My entire family are dubs fans so was I until they became the ultimate team and made the NBA boring.

When CB34 said Warriors in 5 over the Rockets everyone laughed at him. I agree unless there is another game where the Rockets make 25 3s, but not going to happen because GS knows how to defend the corner 3 after getting burned that way 2 years ago by the Cavs.

Durant just sucked the life out of the NBA. If he goes to any other team the entire landscape of the league is different. His decision to join the all time regular season win team is against the "Spirit" of competition. In my opinion, the only way the Warriors can loose in the next few seasons (baring injury) is for a few of these elite players to not worry about the extra 3,5, million and to form another super team. If we had one other super-team that could face the Warriors in the finals the NBA would be so much more exciting simply because it would not be a forgone conclusion of who would win. As it stands right now it's a bigger question mark on if the Warriors will loose more than 1 game the rest of the way in rather than if they will win it all. The playoffs are essentially a victory lap.

Durant just sucked the life out of the NBA. If he goes to any other team the entire landscape of the league is different. His decision to join the all time regular season win team is against the "Spirit" of competition. In my opinion, the only way the Warriors can loose in the next few seasons (baring injury) is for a few of these elite players to not worry about the extra 3,5, million and to form another super team. If we had one other super-team that could face the Warriors in the finals the NBA would be so much more exciting simply because it would not be a forgone conclusion of who would win. As it stands right now it's a bigger question mark on if the Warriors will loose more than 1 game the rest of the way in rather than if they will win it all. The playoffs are essentially a victory lap.

I've probably said it before but beyond all the BS of guys "hating" on Durant or preaching that he's a independent contractor free to do what he wants, and screaming these things like they have some kind of agency in him....

I always just thought that it said a lot about him. Draymond Green said people shouldn't get upset that Durant "went to work for google" as in, he just wanted to play for a great organization.

Fine, but Durant isn't an "employee". Durant is a CEO, he is Sergey Brin or Steve Jobs. He is maybe the single best person at his job in the whole world or at worst, #2 or #3.

Durant going to a 73 win Warriors team was Sergey Brin saying "screw it, i'm tired of competing with Apple in the mobile space, i'm tired of trying to make the Android platform happen.....i'm just going to go be a VP at Apple"

Some people more than others, look to challenge themselves with difficult goals. I just got the impression Durant is not one of those people. It's fine....the world keeps on spinning and THAT'S HIS RIGHT. There are millions of people who would do the same thing in their jobs.....

That's just what i thought of him. And i think it's rare for someone so incredibly talented at what they do to seek out such an easy path to this kind of numerical success at the job

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Maybe you should do a podcast about how little you care about our opinions on this site, and then create a second profile called Gambit2 that just agrees with everything you post

I really just couldn't resist LoL

Deschamps Crisp Antique