2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you in his first couple crappy games, lol he played well but it's summer league and he got out played in the other games. We will see

Game"s" as in more than one? Know your facts son..... Kid is 19 of course he's going to have a bad game now and then.

When was the last time you saw summer league sold out with standing room only?

..all while wearing Kobe's. hasn't gotten than NBA check so can't afford daddy's shoes. kid looked good - but chillllllll weasel, it's summer league.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Where were you in his first couple crappy games, lol he played well but it's summer league and he got out played in the other games. We will see

Game"s" as in more than one? Know your facts son..... Kid is 19 of course he's going to have a bad game now and then.

When was the last time you saw summer league sold out with standing room only?

Yes 2 is multiple lol he had two bad games

I don't really watch summer league. I might not tune in this season until the OKC/CLE finals matchup

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I don't really watch summer league. I might not tune in this season until the OKC/CLE finals matchup

So you're calling OKC over GS? Which GS player are you calling the injury on for this to happen?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

So you're calling OKC over GS? Which GS player are you calling the injury on for this to happen?

My prediction is KD sleeps with Curry's wife and they trade him for Derrick Favors.

You heard it here first people!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My prediction is KD sleeps with Curry's wife and they trade him for Derrick Favors.

Well, at least no mom's will be involved.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Well, at least no mom's will be involved.

Curry mom tho...

I actually love watching Lonzo, and i think that playing for a smart coach like Luke Walton will be really good. I know i've mentioned it before but he has a fantastic skillset albeit a weird one. Kind of like a better Ricky Rubio except with great catch and shoot ability.

But i think very athletic point guards will give him trouble on both ends. And that's where i trust Walton to maybe have him play off the ball here and there to free him up to shoot, and also to see the floor before getting the ball without being hounded by a Beverley type

I think ideally you have him next to a very good defender who can also handle it a bit. Ironically Beverley would be a good one, Patty Mills, George Hill....those types of guys

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I also had a thought today, i wonder if part of the reason Presti was so willing to rent George is because he knows if anything feels even a bit off he can still flip him to Cleveland at the deadline for Kevin Love (a college teammate of Westbrook on a longer term contract). That could kind of be a backup plan if they feel they aren't meshing well or that they aren't going to make the conference finals etc....

I mean Cleveland offered it to Indiana you have to think that's on the table at any point for OKC

I also think Boogie could be traded again if New Orleans struggles and the rumors about Boogie leaving start.

I'm intrigued by Boogie, he's probably the only guy in the league that can genuinely create horrible mismatches for the Warriors in the right situation. He's a low post beast athletic enough to stay on the floor

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I actually love watching Lonzo, and i think that playing for a smart coach like Luke Walton will be really good. I know i've mentioned it before but he has a fantastic skillset albeit a weird one. Kind of like a better Ricky Rubio except with great catch and shoot ability.

But i think very athletic point guards will give him trouble on both ends. And that's where i trust Walton to maybe have him play off the ball here and there to free him up to shoot, and also to see the floor before getting the ball without being hounded by a Beverley type

I think ideally you have him next to a very good defender who can also handle it a bit. Ironically Beverley would be a good one, Patty Mills, George Hill....those types of guys

I would say KCP fits the bill for a very good defender to play alongside Ball. KCP can defend both guard positions at a high level, and that should fit well with Ball, since he seems to be able to do everything well except his on ball defense.

Lol he's a rookie with dynamic offensive skills.... No rookies that are offensive threats have NBA level perimeter defense. He is also 6'7" that can see over the top of most PGs. I do agree though he will have problems defending John Wall, Isiah Thomas, Russell Westbrook and others but so does every other player in the NBA.

I would say KCP fits the bill for a very good defender to play alongside Ball. KCP can defend both guard positions at a high level, and that should fit well with Ball, since he seems to be able to do everything well except his on ball defense.

Yes KCP is a great fit with Ball, that's a very good point

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Lol he's a rookie with dynamic offensive skills.... No rookies that are offensive threats have NBA level perimeter defense. He is also 6'7" that can see over the top of most PGs. I do agree though he will have problems defending John Wall, Isiah Thomas, Russell Westbrook and others but so does every other player in the NBA.

Right but the question isn't "is he going to be a good NBA player"...we know that he will be.

It's "will he be a foundational superstar". So when i ask that question, it's in that context.

We know Lonzo is going to be really good

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Right but the question isn't "is he going to be a good NBA player"...we know that he will be.

It's "will he be a foundational superstar". So when i ask that question, it's in that context.

Yeah I know what you are saying, it's just hard to judge rookies defense in their rookie year. I remember watching LeBron getting turned around his rookie season. He has shown some great instincts on defense and his size can cause problems against smaller PGs. I just think he's talented, competitive, knows basketball and wants to win so he will figure it out on defense. Not sure if he will be Avery Bradley but he should do fine. His biggest attribute is leadership, he has as high of a ceiling in regards to winning as anyone that I can remember.

He should take a page out of Klay Thompson's book. They're the same height and no one would ever say Klay had anything explosive outside of his 3-point shot BUT he knows how to move his feet well while using his height, spacing, and angles to make sure he's in good defensive position most of the time (without reaching either). Klay wasn't supposed to be much of a defender coming out of college, either

Yeah I know what you are saying, it's just hard to judge rookies defense in their rookie year. I remember watching LeBron getting turned around his rookie season. He has shown some great instincts on defense and his size can cause problems against smaller PGs. I just think he's talented, competitive, knows basketball and wants to win so he will figure it out on defense. Not sure if he will be Avery Bradley but he should do fine. His biggest attribute is leadership, he has as high of a ceiling in regards to winning as anyone that I can remember.

I haven't watched many games, but i've watched a lot of the player highlight packages which doesn't tell you everything obviously. But Lonzo does look really good. The thing is in NBA summer league he is supposed to look much better than these guys, but he does so that is what you want. He's a really fascinating player as i've said before. Whereas guys like Donovan Mitchell and Dennis Smith just look like men among boys in the summer league (honestly, they make every other player look like they have cement in their shoes), Lonzo just looks smarter than everyone else on the floor. He makes passes to guys who don't expect guys in summer league to make passes like that.

Ball, Smith and Mitchell have terrorized summer league and LOOKED better than everyone

I worry about Jayson Tatum which ive said before. I think he'll be a fine player, he can hit tough shots, but the point is when you get taken basically with the #1 pick value, you shouldn't even be taking tough shots in summer league, you should schooling guys. Too many of his buckets are tough fadeaways over nobodies. I think his upside is Gordon Hayward, which is certainly very good. But i don't know that he has Ball/Fultz potential

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Is there a worse feeling in the world than when you are a fan of a team and you read "Have agreed to terms with Rajon Rondo"?

Honestly who is the genius who offers this guy a contract? Yeah we have spacing issues, you know who'd be perfect? Rondo!!!! The guy who took part in the worst spaced team of 2016-2017, hasn't given a F in roughly 5 years, admitted to not playing defense in Boston and made the league's #1 ranked offense worse in Dallas. He tried hard for 2 games in the playoffs against his former team! Sign him up!

Somewhere Anthony Davis is on the phone with his agent asking how long his contract is again

I honestly wonder if Davis trade rumors pop up this year. This team will stink and be malcontent. Can Boston just send them the Nets and Lakers pick, Jae Crowder , Marcus Smart and Al Holford.....and call it a day?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Rockets basically win the offseason right?

Chris Paul and James Harden plus a bunch of defensive warlords like Trevor Ariza , Mbah a Moute and PJ Tucker? There's a lot of lineup combinations here. I mean they should destroy regular season foes just by going traditional with Capella at center and doing the pick and roll with Harden on the wing and Clint darting to the hoop, but there's so much more here. They could go small with CP3/Harden/Gordon plus Mbah a Moute and Ariza for example. Mbah a Moute is a tough dude who could be their discount Draymond at center in small hyper-switchy lineups. He also shot well from the corners last year.

They could also go small defensive lineups with CP3/Harden/Ariza/Tucker/Mbah a Moute which could hopefully generate enough offense and also have a frontcourt right out of the movie "road house".

This is a really, really good team on paper. Bravo Daryl Morey.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would also say Minnesota did a good job getting Butler and getting rid of Rubio. LAC had the worst offseason, losing CP, giving Blake a massive contract which has the feeling of one of those Joe Johnson/Alan Houston/ Vin Baker contracts, and then the Gallinari contract. I thought they just hired Jerry West? I also get the sense that Boston might be regretting this draft for years, I think they passed on two possible franchise type players and now they have to bring the "Brink's Truck" for IT.

I almost feel a bit bad for Tatum, he'll forever be judged against TWO players. If either Fultz or Ball becomes a superstar this draft will always be second guessed, especially if he maxes out somewhere less than them and they don't get anything with the Sixers pick.

Though Boston will still get their chance at the deadline. I think there's a decent chance Paul George becomes available again, Boogie Cousins could be available too.

I also don't know why Boston isn't talked about more as a Lebron or John Wall type destination. If they get Thomas at a discount and renounce Marcus Smart, which is very possible since Thomas is a defensive liability and nearing 30, they could still fit another max contract next year.

Crowder and Marcus Morris signed through that season, Brown and Tatum, they have a cheapo team option on Terry Rozier. Lebron could sign there for 25M , stay in the east, and they'd have Thomas/Brown/Hayward/Lebron/Horford with Tatum, Marcus Morris, Jae Crowder and Terry Rozier off the bench

Good lord why is Boston not on his list? That team is amazing.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

GSW route to the championship this year, LAL form a super team of stars that don't want to see Durant win his third in his sell out fashion. My way too early prediction for next summer.

Ur saying the lakers in 2 years are gonna be better than the warriors? I just think the warriors will 3pete unless someone gets hurt, which is possible cause curry's got bad ankles, but i just dont see how the lakers are gonna surpass them. Even if the lakers were to add lebron and pg, they'll be top heavy with talent, but no depth

The Lakers need Ingram and ball to play well this year, so that they appeal as low cost assets. Then they'd need George, lebron, and probably John Wall

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

GSW route to the championship this year, LAL form a super team of stars that don't want to see Durant win his third in his sell out fashion. My way too early prediction for next summer.

Ur saying the lakers in 2 years are gonna be better than the warriors? I just think the warriors will 3pete unless someone gets hurt, which is possible cause curry's got bad ankles, but i just dont see how the lakers are gonna surpass them. Even if the lakers were to add lebron and pg, they'll be top heavy with talent, but no depth

I never said they would be better, but historically dynasty level NBA teams start to taper off after 3/4 years because of mileage so it would not surprise me if injuries or internal differences cause issues. Dreymond might go for Klay's junk while Klay is asleep on the flight from Milwaukee to San Antonio. I don't think Klay rolls like Dreymond, but you never know.