2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Embiid had the monster line last night but man is Simmons impressive. He can get to wherever he wants with the ball and it looks effortless. Dropped some really really nice passes too.

Kind of crazy that he's within realm of a triple double average with good shooting. In his rookie season essentially. Through 14 games but whatever, he's ridiculous

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I know Embiid had the monster line last night but man is Simmons impressive. He can get to wherever he wants with the ball and it looks effortless. Dropped some really really nice passes too.

Kind of crazy that he's within realm of a triple double average with good shooting. In his rookie season essentially. Through 14 games but whatever, he's ridiculous

Yeah that's crazy. Albeit early he looks like the real deal.

Interesting to see how Fultz plays out for them.

Don't know what to say about Lonzo...if he still can't chuck into the ocean by next year I wonder if that hurts their chances of landing Lebron. He likes to be surrounded by shooters.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Srixon ZX Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

I learned my lesson speculating so much about Durant....i think no one knows including Lebron what's gonna happen next year. At this point in Durant's last season most seemed to think it was gonna be OKC or Washington. I don't think the Wizards even got a meeting with him

One thing i'll say with some confidence is that Lebron wants to win. I think he hates being mocked a bit on social media by the Warriors (he had some of this coming) , he's playing 38mpg at 33yrs old which no one should be doing. They asked Cavs management about that a couple of years ago and they said he just won't come out.

We have no idea who the Lakers could get. Boogie seems like an odd guy, who seems very loyal, kind of like Kevin Garnett was. I mean even like 2 months after being traded he was still saying he never wanted to leave Sacramento and that was a terrible situation. For all we know he re-signs in NO, or goes to Washington to play with his buddy John Wall. The OKC experiment is off to a really slow start. Does anyone still think Carmelo is a top 20 player? How good is Paul George really? Westbrook re-signed in OKC.

The Lakers have a really nice young nucleus. They are 4th in defense. Brandon Ingram looks a lot more like Andrew Wiggins than Kevin Durant. But that's not a bad thing....Kyle Kuzma has been an absolute revelation and might end up being Draymond Green 2.0. Lonzo will find some kind of footing there, he's too good a passer not to

But they are really young. It's great to have their talent. But those guys plus Lebron and Paul George i really don't think are beating the Warriors. At least not in 2019.

I've mentioned this before, but the San Antonio Spurs could EASILY clear the cap space needed for a max guy. They have trade-able contracts like Patty Mills, they have restricted free agents they can renounce like Danny Green/Kyle Anderson/Rudy Gay.... and they have solid role players (Brandon Paul, Dejounte Murray) on hilariously cheap contracts. They also have a top 5 player on their roster, a really good potential 3rd banana in Aldridge and a revered coach.

I just can't imagine why a free agent wouldn't look at them like "Hmmmmm, Kawhi, Aldridge, Murray, Brandon Paul (sneaky good), and then whoever of the restricted guys is willing to stay cheaper....Like , Murray/Paul/Kawhi/Aldridge/Boogie???? Good lord!!!! And that's 100% possible!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Also, i need to put in my obligatory early season over-reactions to my beloved Toronto Raptors. It's an annual tradition before we bow out in unceremonious fashion in the playoffs....

But, Demar Derozan is really, really good. I know he's not a top 15 player, but man he's good. He is an expert at getting his shot off to the point that younger players are studying his footwork. He's like a renowned footwork expert to guys in the league now. 25ppg on 48% shooting from a 2 guard, and he brings it every night. Lowry is still doing his thing but is off to a slow start

I really like their core/depth. They can play 10-11 guys pretty easily. They have very good defensive potential if they can keep Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby on the floor more. Siakam i wasn't aware actually knew how to dribble a ball, and all of a sudden he's taking 3's and driving to the hoop this year.

2 lineups which have a lot of potential and are slaughtering people in limited minutes are:

Anunoby/Siakam/Valenciunas/Lowry/Derozan: +34 net rating in 20 minutes together

Ibaka/Powell/Siakam/Lowry/Derozan: +14 net rating in 32 minutes together

Both of those lineups put excellent defenders on the floor with their star guards

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Cool to hear Brandon Paul developed. I kinda lost track of him and assumed he never stuck in the league.

Spurs churn out these guys like it's nothing....Jonathan Simmons, Boris Diaw was waived before going there...Murray was considered a loafer in college, Kyle Anderson too slow to play in the NBA, Bryn Forbes ran their D league team for a few years, Danny Green waived twice by the non-Lebron lottery Cavs

Paul played in Europe i believe, he's 25-26 now but looks like another Danny Green type. Very solid defender

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah that's crazy. Albeit early he looks like the real deal.

Interesting to see how Fultz plays out for them.

Don't know what to say about Lonzo...if he still can't chuck into the ocean by next year I wonder if that hurts their chances of landing Lebron. He likes to be surrounded by shooters.

His shot is so ugly as sin...I don't know.

I know Steph Curry's shot is kind of unorthodox but Lonzo's is...UGLY.

The T-Wolves are honestly playing above how I expected them to. Winning some good games, losing some odd games.

I think this is the pace I envisioned them on every year...but this is the best start in 15 YEARS. Almost half my life ago (well I am 37 years old, actually), but it's been a LOOOOOOOONG time coming for this franchise. So bad for so long. Jimmy Butler is pretty good, but I haven't been able to watch many games yet so my opinion is still out on this team. But it's good to just be on such a more healthy pace for a change.

On a side note - going to a Twolves game just watching/listening to Thiboeau's freaking conniption fit all game long on the sideline is entertainment in itself. He's HORRIBLE - you can hear him through the TVscreen he's so loud and obnoxious.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

The Wolves are sneaking up the defensive rankings (21st now). Hooray for small victories!

But they have a top 5 offense right now. And with Wiggins, Towns and Butler that will always be the case.....If they can be a league average or better defense there is no reason they cannot win 50 games. They are up tonight with a chance to go 11-5

Advanced metrics still show they are a poor rebounding team and give up too many second chances. A main issue according to savants like Zach Lowe is Towns's penchant for not blocking out and chasing blocks. Kind of like a reverse Kevin Love. He needs to find a happy medium. I haven't seen a full game in a bit. Wiggins seemed to be trying harder earlier in the year.

Anyway, they are definitely a team to watch

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I can't see Thibodeau without seeing Biff Tannen...every...friggin....game. There he is whoopin' and hollerin' on the sideline.

Sheeshh

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Also, i need to put in my obligatory early season over-reactions to my beloved Toronto Raptors. It's an annual tradition before we bow out in unceremonious fashion in the playoffs....

But, Demar Derozan is really, really good. I know he's not a top 15 player, but man he's good. He is an expert at getting his shot off to the point that younger players are studying his footwork. He's like a renowned footwork expert to guys in the league now. 25ppg on 48% shooting from a 2 guard, and he brings it every night. Lowry is still doing his thing but is off to a slow start

I really like their core/depth. They can play 10-11 guys pretty easily. They have very good defensive potential if they can keep Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby on the floor more. Siakam i wasn't aware actually knew how to dribble a ball, and all of a sudden he's taking 3's and driving to the hoop this year.

2 lineups which have a lot of potential and are slaughtering people in limited minutes are:

Anunoby/Siakam/Valenciunas/Lowry/Derozan: +34 net rating in 20 minutes together

Ibaka/Powell/Siakam/Lowry/Derozan: +14 net rating in 32 minutes together

Both of those lineups put excellent defenders on the floor with their star guards

Jeff I'm kind of a closet Raps fan because I've had Lowry on my fantasy team this season and last...so I'm always keeping a close eye on them. They will always be good with their backcourt...just wonder if whatever gets them over the hump is already on their team or not.

I learned my lesson speculating so much about Durant....i think no one knows including Lebron what's gonna happen next year. At this point in Durant's last season most seemed to think it was gonna be OKC or Washington. I don't think the Wizards even got a meeting with him

One thing i'll say with some confidence is that Lebron wants to win. I think he hates being mocked a bit on social media by the Warriors (he had some of this coming) , he's playing 38mpg at 33yrs old which no one should be doing. They asked Cavs management about that a couple of years ago and they said he just won't come out.

We have no idea who the Lakers could get. Boogie seems like an odd guy, who seems very loyal, kind of like Kevin Garnett was. I mean even like 2 months after being traded he was still saying he never wanted to leave Sacramento and that was a terrible situation. For all we know he re-signs in NO, or goes to Washington to play with his buddy John Wall. The OKC experiment is off to a really slow start. Does anyone still think Carmelo is a top 20 player? How good is Paul George really? Westbrook re-signed in OKC.

The Lakers have a really nice young nucleus. They are 4th in defense. Brandon Ingram looks a lot more like Andrew Wiggins than Kevin Durant. But that's not a bad thing....Kyle Kuzma has been an absolute revelation and might end up being Draymond Green 2.0. Lonzo will find some kind of footing there, he's too good a passer not to

But they are really young. It's great to have their talent. But those guys plus Lebron and Paul George i really don't think are beating the Warriors. At least not in 2019.

I've mentioned this before, but the San Antonio Spurs could EASILY clear the cap space needed for a max guy. They have trade-able contracts like Patty Mills, they have restricted free agents they can renounce like Danny Green/Kyle Anderson/Rudy Gay.... and they have solid role players (Brandon Paul, Dejounte Murray) on hilariously cheap contracts. They also have a top 5 player on their roster, a really good potential 3rd banana in Aldridge and a revered coach.

I just can't imagine why a free agent wouldn't look at them like "Hmmmmm, Kawhi, Aldridge, Murray, Brandon Paul (sneaky good), and then whoever of the restricted guys is willing to stay cheaper....Like , Murray/Paul/Kawhi/Aldridge/Boogie???? Good lord!!!! And that's 100% possible!

Just remember with someone like Lebron James and a city like LA and a team like the Lakers and Magic Johnson...anything is possible and no one is safe from getting moved.

alright nba fam...

16, 17 games in.

Which two teams lose the west and east conference championships? And bonus question. In how many games? You get no points if you pick spurs, cavs and it actually turns out that way. :)

This should be a blast to look at when it's over. This season has some serious wildcards.

I'm gonna be wishful and foolish. Bucks in 4 after an epic run. Wolves in 7 as KAT finds himself. Becomes prelude to Giannis KAT nextgen epic battles...team notwithstanding.

OK...meanwhile back on earth, spurs in 6, cavs in 5.

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

Oh I'll give you foolish

-Houston over golden state in West

-Toronto over Boston in East

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I don't know...maybe Russ needs to take less shots...

The problem with the Thunder IMO is what Jeff Van Gundy said recently, which is they are not greater than the sum of their parts, in fact they are worse than the sum of their parts. They actually are 0-8 now in games decided by 3pts or less which a lot of is just bad luck. So they should be a bit better in terms of record, but they are not.

Westbrook is starting to shoot more which i think some figure is a good thing, he was really passive at the beginning of the year.

Zach Lowe said before the season he actually thought the team would be better without Carmelo had they just done the George trade. As there would be less offensively to figure out. Right now their offense is remarkably WORSE than it was last year when it was just Russ chucking. That's kind of amazing

I think they'll be OK. Their record probably can't be that good now. But they'll get into the playoffs and be dangerous. They just need to find a way to optimize their shots. Right now they lead the NBA in ISO ball. And when you have 3 really good players playing ISO every time, it's no different than just having Russ do it every trip

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

+1. the spurs are likely the prototypical club that perenially performs greater than the sum of its parts. okc has no system or corporation in their dna. this okc experiment is a disaster. and i love russ. i liked last years okc way better. carmelo cant play in a system. he needs to stick with all star games, usa ball, and celebrity exhibitions. pg13 is lost.

they will make the playoffs, have flashes of brilliance, and sputter out.

if they are gonna play iso... then id prefer russ just do it. and have pg come in to saave russ' legs.

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

It's amazing to continue seeing the rookies do so well too. Although he's not technically a rookie, Ben Simmons is arguably one of the top 20 players in the league already, with him and Embiid on the court, the 76ers have a ridiculous +/-. He is the best player i've ever seen in terms of first 20 games in the NBA, he is already a very good offensive and defensive player and helping his team win games.

In terms of true rookies, Jayson Tatum is also pretty remarkable. He's averaging 14-6 on 50-50-85 shooting while playing 30mpg on the league's best defense. He is also one of the most NBA ready true rookies i have ever seen. Maybe the best 19 year old since Lebron?....Kuzma, Markannen, John Collins look like can't miss forwards....Fox, Mitchell and Smith once they start figuring out how to create better shots should be very good. Even guys like OG Anunoby and Jonathan Isaac at worst will be defensive stoppers who get a lot of PT. I've seen Anunoby a lot and he's legit

And next year's crop looks really promising too. I mean if you've seen Luka Doncic at all , the dude is like Manu Ginobili on a limitless pill

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Re: the rookie class, we are really spoiled. Ben is almost avging a trip-doub....and SO POISED. Jayson Tatum is absolute fire. If the celtics go far, that playoff education will pay dividends to Tatum throughout his career. These two are the top of the class in my opinion.

Kuzma is the best laker rookie. Thats all I'll say about that.

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

Things keep going like this i don't know.....does Harden get bumped into Durant/Lebron territory? I know you gotta do it in the playoffs but good lord. Rockets 16-4 with a +10 differential missing CP3 a lot. He's leading the league in scoring AND assists and has good splits. He's amazing too watch

Also gotta give respect to Lamarcus Aldridge who was dragged through the mud last year, and has been the best player on a good (sans Kawhi) Spurs team

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The beard is amazing. But as u rightly say, he needs a ring. This is his best chance yet for a season MVP run though.

This lakers gsw more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Sixers celtics tomorrow and wolves thunder friday should be fun watching.

This is a very interesting season...lotta subtle plate shifting with a new generation getting their sea legs.

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

Is Harden better then Dwayne Wade was? If so he is likely the 3rd best shooting guard ever behind MJ/Kobe.

At this point absolutely not. Wade has 3 rings and harden has gone out early in the playoffs other that a trip to the finals as a 6th man. If he stays on this pace with a few mvps and a ring then possibly.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Is Harden better then Dwayne Wade was? If so he is likely the 3rd best shooting guard ever behind MJ/Kobe.

Does "ever" count as being only after year 2000, with the the obligatory addition of Jordan?

I knew George Gervin was a WRXer!!!!

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

I feel like the modern era does actually have better 2 guards. I mean you could talk about Jerry West too for sure. But Kobe and MJ have really , really solid resumes to claim the #1 and #2 spots, and Wade would merit a conversation though i'd understand putting West ahead of him who had very good longevity. But even West only had 1 title and got it playing with Wilt and Elgin Baylor right? Wade has 3 titles as the second best player on a team

Harden has some bizarre performances in the playoffs. Without a title and with some of that (like the Clippers series they won where they were better without him for stretches, or last year when he looked fatigued), to put him in alltime convo you'd probably want to see more in the playoffs.

But his numbers the past couple of years are unbelievable , and he's done it on good teams, like 50+ win pace teams that for the most part did not have a second all-star (though now CP3 is playing full time)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In Jerry's defense, Elgin was done when they won the title and when they lost all of those finals, it was mostly to the Celtics dynasty that had a stranglehold over the NBA for all of those years.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5