2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Mayweather/McGregor

tatertot

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect it will be a horrible fight. McGregors only shot to win is a lucky knockout punch that slips through. Floyd will be on his bicycle the entire fight staying throwing jabs and staying out of range of the left hand. Fight ends with a decision or stoppage due to McGregors eyes being punched shut from Floyds jabs.

No matter what McGregor is the winner here, he gets a pay day 10 times more than he'd ever get in an MMA fight and besides some facial scarring will put his body through much less trauma. He will dictate what if any future MMA fights he takes and name his price.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I expect it will be a horrible fight. McGregors only shot to win is a lucky knockout punch that slips through. Floyd will be on his bicycle the entire fight staying throwing jabs and staying out of range of the left hand. Fight ends with a decision or stoppage due to McGregors eyes being punched shut from Floyds jabs.

No matter what McGregor is the winner here, he gets a pay day 10 times more than he'd ever get in an MMA fight and besides some facial scarring will put his body through much less trauma. He will dictate what if any future MMA fights he takes and name his price.

Not a fight, but rather a Boxing match. People betting on McGregor forget that.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I have a feeling this fight is going to be insanely boring. I'm guessing it will be an overly aggressive CM missing punches all night long as Floyd dances around the ring like every other fight he wins. Dude is incredible... but incredibly boring to watch at the same time. Floyd wins and barely breaks a sweat.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Floyd is suck a punk though.... He calls Conor all these things suggesting that he really could beat his a**.... But in reality Conor could literally kill Floyd in a matter of minutes. Floyd beating Conor at boxing is no different than Floyd beating Conor at checkers.

I'd be more likely to buy the PPV if it WAS them playing chess or checkers, there'd be great trash talking

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

These guys are awful dreadful people, but insanely entertaining. It seems to be two guys trying to one up each other with stupid and widely offensive comments.

And the thing is, I don't get the feeling they dislike each other.

When Ali called Smokin' Joe a big gorilla, it was personal. Ali thought he was above Joe. And Joe hated Ali for it.

Floyd and CM are just going through the motions, saying scripted lines. They might as well be acting in some sitcom. It jut feels phony.

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

I'd love the see Mcgregor rattle Floyd a few times, but I think the fight may go to Mayweather.

Wouldn't you love to see Conor knock Floyd unconscious?

Flying Triangle.

"Go to sleep smelling my balls, Floyd. Shhhh... that's it... beddy byes"

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Floyd is suck a punk though.... He calls Conor all these things suggesting that he really could beat his a**.... But in reality Conor could literally kill Floyd in a matter of minutes. Floyd beating Conor at boxing is no different than Floyd beating Conor at checkers.

I'd be more likely to buy the PPV if it WAS them playing chess or checkers, there'd be great trash talking

Queens Gambit, b****.

Your bishop is so fat that he's got to roll his mitre in flour to find the wet spot

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Wilson Staff 8882

I have a feeling this fight is going to be insanely boring. I'm guessing it will be an overly aggressive CM missing punches all night long as Floyd dances around the ring like every other fight he wins. Dude is incredible... but incredibly boring to watch at the same time. Floyd wins and barely breaks a sweat.

So you're saying Floyd will outbox him. I agree.

I've been the winner and the loser of boxing bouts and MMA bouts.

Losing an MMA bout is much less stressful. Boxing wears on your soul, especially against a guy like Mayweather Jr who will pick you apart like a bird eating from a loaf of bread.

The stress of trying everything you can to connect with something--ANYTHING--only to have that futile failure of effort jabbed back into your eye for even 3-5 rounds much less 8, 10, 12, 15 rounds is a psychological a** kicking way worse than anything physical.

Been there done that. Would much rather lose an MMA bout on points than a boxing bout on points.

Knockouts and submissions notwithstanding.

I think Floyd will mess with him for awhile, to make it an event. He's a showman, he knows what to do.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I'm a big boxing fan but haven't followed this at all. So, it'll be boxing?

I grew tired long ago with MMA fans claiming their fighters are better boxers too. Uh, no. I used to wrestle, and started boxing as an adult. All these sports are different. Based on the players I suspect this match is a (very effective and profitable) publicity stunt. If it's legit boxing and Floyd has been in the gym religiously the MMA fighter will only be standing after 3 rounds due to mercy on Floyd's part.

I'm a big boxing fan but haven't followed this at all. So, it'll be boxing?

I grew tired long ago with MMA fans claiming their fighters are better boxers too. Uh, no. I used to wrestle, and started boxing as an adult. All these sports are different. Based on the players I suspect this match is a (very effective and profitable) publicity stunt. If it's legit boxing and Floyd has been in the gym religiously the MMA fighter will only be standing after 3 rounds due to mercy on Floyd's part.

Yessir. Boxing. Well, one will be boxing the other will be flailing.

Both will be putting on a show and padding their retirement brokerage accounts substantially.

and yes it's 99 and 44/100ths % pure publicity stunt.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Wow, lots of you guys picking Floyd... maybe I'm ignorant but I just don't see this being that one sided. Conor has put many guys on their backs with that left hand, plus taken a few himself... combined with some good stamina and this could be a fight. Guys gas in mma fast but it's almost a constant drain on the body's output, from standup to ground game. I'm just wondering what it might be like for McGregor to get to throw a few and back up a bit to recharge. I don't see Floyd being in the all out attack here, but I could be wrong. I think CM lands a left and puts him down for the KO!

Either way, it's been and will be entertaining!

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

Wow, lots of you guys picking Floyd... maybe I'm ignorant but I just don't see this being that one sided. Conor has put many guys on their backs with that left hand, plus taken a few himself... combined with some good stamina and this could be a fight. Guys gas in mma fast but it's almost a constant drain on the body's output, from standup to ground game. I'm just wondering what it might be like for McGregor to get to throw a few and back up a bit to recharge. I don't see Floyd being in the all out attack here, but I could be wrong. I think CM lands a left and puts him down for the KO!

Either way, it's been and will be entertaining!

Yeah. Maybe you're ignorant.

I never understood trash talking in a literal fighting sport. I mean so much of trash talking is toughness based "i could kick your a**" type commentary....meanwhile, there's no drama about whether a fight will happen, it's scheduled! But so much of pre-fight trash talk seems to be to get the other guy to like, want to fight you , which he has already agreed to do

I don't really get this fight. McGregor obviously is getting paid with absolutely nothing at stake. He talks his usual trash, most likely gets crushed, and no one cares because no one expects him to win. While this is a major draw, this is clearly a fight that is 100% about money. Both guys should've just gone to the conference dressed as huge dollar bills.

If you look closely at Conors pinstripes they are dollar bills.

No they weren't. It said F**k You. That's what the pinstripes on the suit said. Lol.

I took Conor before the fight was ever made. Got him at +900. I've also taken him at +475 and +550. The odds were too good. People don't realize how quick Conor is and how unorthodoxed his movement is. He's going to land on Floyd and he has the death touch in his left hand. Will he knock him out? Don't know. But the odds were far too good not to bet it. He's going to have to win in the first 5 or so rounds. But I can see him tying Floyd up and grinding on him and making him carry his weight. Clinch, borderline illegal tactics. And Floyd has never fought anyone that knows how to clinch like Conor does and make him carry his weight and has.

McGregor's punch power does not compare to a professional boxer the caliber of Mayweather Jr.

56 year old Greg Haugen has more punching power than McGregor.

It's a different discipline. Can't compare.

If McGregor clinches and manages to hang on, Mayweather Jr is going to knock him down.

Again. Different disciplines.

Mayweather Jr would never sell the "and 0" record to someone outside the sport of boxing. If he were to ever mail it in to pass the torch it surely wouldn't be to Conor McGregor.

Not even for $100 million.

Mayweather hasn't KO'd anyone legit in a decade and a half. He doesn't have power. It took a sucker punch nearly 10 years ago for his last KO. He doesn't knock Conor out, it's bad for boxing. He won't knock Conor out. And no one he's fought has the power Conor has. Mayweather won't get a punch off on the clinch at all. He's never fought someone that knows how to work an overhook or an underhook. They clinch, Floyd will be carrying every bit of Conor's weight. And he's too little to do that much at all.

And this will be much more than $100 million. That's Floyd's base rate. He'll make more on this one than he did the Pacman fight

Mayweather hasn't KO'd anyone legit in a decade and a half. He doesn't have power. It took a sucker punch nearly 10 years ago for his last KO. He doesn't knock Conor out, it's bad for boxing. He won't knock Conor out. And no one he's fought has the power Conor has. Mayweather won't get a punch off on the clinch at all. He's never fought someone that knows how to work an overhook or an underhook. They clinch, Floyd will be carrying every bit of Conor's weight. And he's too little to do that much at all.

And this will be much more than $100 million. That's Floyd's base rate. He'll make more on this one than he did the Pacman fight

Hyberole aside. I'll just add this. Hints, if you will.

Google van Heerden McGregor. Watch closely. Watch the footwork. Watch the body motion. Watch the ring control. You following? Here's more hints.

What you see there is Chris van Heerden toying with someone who is lost. At any moment van Heerden could've put McGregor on his a**. At any moment. Just watch it. McGregor may as well be a news reporter in that sparring session.

That was 2016. You don't make up that much ground in one year. Not to go against someone like Mayweather Jr.

I'll give you this. McGregor has a puncher's chance. That's why he's 500:1

But, alas, anyone who is really understanding the science of this outside of the publicity stunt understands the Browns stand better odds of blanking the Patriots than 'Notorious' winning this.

If it even happens.

Floyd will drag him into deep, deep water. Floyd is so dang fast. I love that lead right he throws. MacGregor won't have a clue 3 rounds in. Boxing and MMA are quite different.

This is just a money-grubbing scam. But, if Floyd is trained and aggressive it'll be a really lopsided affair. MacGregor should go on the run. That'd be interesting to watch. Don't be surprised if these two conspire to make this go all rounds just to sell more beer. If so, it's due do mercy from Floyd.

I'd watch MacGregor vs Canelo. Or, better yet - Mac vs GGG. GGG would end it in round 2 after letting Mac punch him in the face all of round 1 just for fun. GGG isn't human...

Forget Floyd and v Connor.

Who would win between Jack Pearsall and MTLJeff?

My money is on Thrillhouse.... by a nose.

Officiated by pepperturbo and Vindog.

Isaacbm is in the the wardrobe..... with a camera and popcorn.

And I'm sitting on a throne of titleist 681 9 irons, laughing my t**** off.

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Wilson Staff 8882

Forget Floyd and v Connor.

Who would win between Jack Pearsall and MTLJeff?

My money is on Thrillhouse.... by a nose.

Officiated by pepperturbo and Vindog.

Isaacbm is in the the wardrobe..... with a camera and popcorn.

And I'm sitting on a throne of titleist 681 9 irons, laughing my t**** off.

It would be a scrum, and mat562 would make his comeback to take out all of them with Sweet Salad Cream.