2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

withdrawl symptoms

i*windows

Oh good. Just when you think it can't get any worse Mother Nature dumps another 2 feet of snow on us yesterday. We've had 3 nor'easters in the Boston area in the past 10 days. Now with over 2 feet of snow on the ground I wondering when I'll ever see grass again. Doesn't look too promising for several weeks unfortunately. I wondering if I'll see the golf course before the Masters at this point. Yuck.

Oh good. Just when you think it can't get any worse Mother Nature dumps another 2 feet of snow on us yesterday. We've had 3 nor'easters in the Boston area in the past 10 days. Now with over 2 feet of snow on the ground I wondering when I'll ever see grass again. Doesn't look too promising for several weeks unfortunately. I wondering if I'll see the golf course before the Masters at this point. Yuck.

Maybe another one coming Tuesday!

buying selling, hanging around the wrx too much,

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

played at Eichenreid Nord (home of the BMW open) yesterday, not sunny as promised cold and wet! But good to get out on the course. I played very long in the conditions but I played really well, plenty of pars and no ugly scores on the card. Unfortunately it's forecast for snow at the weekend, so better get the skis out!

God I wish the winter would just f*ck off. I`m so fed up of the weather and want to get out and platy some golf. It wouldn't be too bad if I was very busy at work, but it`s quiet at the moment and I`m spending too long on `WRX making stupid posts :-(

Better to be making stupid posts than stupid purchases.

God I wish the winter would just f*ck off. I`m so fed up of the weather and want to get out and platy some golf. It wouldn't be too bad if I was very busy at work, but it`s quiet at the moment and I`m spending too long on `WRX making stupid posts :-(

Better to be making stupid posts than stupid purchases.

Absolute fact!!!

Oh good. Now it looks like we're forecast to get 2 more nor'easters this week in New England on Wednesday and Sunday possibly. Either we're stuck in some vortex or winter is never going to end. I should at least be able to hack it around a muddy course by now and instead I'm lucky if I can get to the range and hit balls in 20-30 degree weather. And tomorrow is the first day of spring. This is really unsettling.

Oh good. Now it looks like we're forecast to get 2 more nor'easters this week in New England on Wednesday and Sunday possibly. Either we're stuck in some vortex or winter is never going to end. I should at least be able to hack it around a muddy course by now and instead I'm lucky if I can get to the range and hit balls in 20-30 degree weather. And tomorrow is the first day of spring. This is really unsettling.

Another New Englander checking in...

It was 19 degrees out this morning, I am really getting annoyed with this weather.

I was watching the local news this morning and one of the weather babes said she expected this cold snap to last into the first couple weeks of April.

Our weekend snow (why always at the weekend?) has all but gone now. Bitterly cold out though even though wall to wall sunshine. Got a nasty wind coming down from the north. And now there are mutterings that we'll get a white Easter. I rescheduled my last week off to be Easter week and I am not happy at the idea of it being ruined.

Might have to do some research tonight with a view to driving to the south of France for the week.

Here in Cali we've got the weather, beaches and mountains. Oh, and some beautiful forests. That's not bragging because that's all we've got, literally, that I like. I did take the wife and kids up the hill last weekend to make snowmen and mentioned to my wife how much I'd love to live somewhere where I didn't have to fight massive crowds and traffic to enjoy the snow a little. Then, I realized that probably describes a lot of you guys where you've got plenty of snow to go around. I feel for you as far as the snow keeping you off the courses. I'll not gripe about "frost delays" any more...

lol yup! It's nice to live somewhere with 1-2 seasons, max! If I have a scheduled day for me to play golf, I'm out there (unless it's pouring). The only problem I have now is trying to find time to play with a 1.5 and a 3.5 year old at home.

Here in Cali we've got the weather, beaches and mountains. Oh, and some beautiful forests. That's not bragging because that's all we've got, literally, that I like. I did take the wife and kids up the hill last weekend to make snowmen and mentioned to my wife how much I'd love to live somewhere where I didn't have to fight massive crowds and traffic to enjoy the snow a little. Then, I realized that probably describes a lot of you guys where you've got plenty of snow to go around. I feel for you as far as the snow keeping you off the courses. I'll not gripe about "frost delays" any more...

lol yup! It's nice to live somewhere with 1-2 seasons, max! If I have a scheduled day for me to play golf, I'm out there (unless it's pouring). The only problem I have now is trying to find time to play with a 1.5 and a 3.5 year old at home.

Well until this year we only had summer and winter with the only difference being that it was a bit colder and slightly wetter in winter. That's why I'm getting so p!ssed off about it. I'm just not used to courses being closed and would have a reasonable expectation of getting out onto the course three or four times during a week off even in the middle of winter. Now I'm facing Easter break with the possibility of not being able to get on the course.

It's maddening. :angry22:

We still have snow on the ground. Expecting 6 - 10 inches on Wednesday and no relief from the cold in sight. Some scientists are opining that with solar activity being the lowest it's been in 100 years that we are approaching a "grand solar minimum". "The question is whether we will enter another grand solar minimum just like the Maunder minimum which if history is a guide would mean a period of much colder weather winters and summers."

As a golfer, I take exception to this. Gotta have a talk with the sun.

It might not be so bad if it'd all come at once. At least then I could perhaps have blocked out a few weeks and stopped thinking of golf. But instead I've been booking tee times every weekend and thinking about how I'll play the course. And then we can't. It's the frustration and anticipation of it.

Like..I'm assuming I'll be playing this weekend (cloudy with sunny intervals and up to 11 degrees predicted(*)) and will be booking a tee time but I just can't be sure. Yes the UK has changeable weather but only 'oh it's rainy instead of sunny'. You either put a waterproof jacket on or change into shorts. We don't normally plunge in and out of a winter wonderland.

And this whole Easter week thing. Okay so in the UK we always joke about naff weather on bank holidays but it's usually just a bit of rain that doesn't bother the keen golfer. And now I have no idea whether to spend a few hundred quid making a trip to the south of France or whether it'll just be a case of picking the right clothing.

Bah :)

(*)As opposed to last weekend which was -2 degrees and heavy snow showers. The weekend before was 12 degrees and a few rain showers.

If you had the sense to move south, like I did, you'd already be through your first three hundred swing changes of the year.

Lol, I can only move about a hundred miles south before I hit the sea. Not sure it'd make much difference to the weather and it'd be hell to commute. In fact we had less trouble with 'The Best from the East' than people south of us.

Things look lousy in the 45 day forecast!!!!! Geez nice to get a chance in March, expect club to be open in April, and 10-15 degree temps (celsius) with some days where pushing 20...... Good news is there is no more snow, but the long range, while not a whole lot of rain looks unseasonably cold......

I've had enough!!!!!

It was 19 degrees out this morning, I am really getting annoyed with this weather.

I was watching the local news this morning and one of the weather babes said she expected this cold snap to last into the first couple weeks of April.

wow, and I thought our winter was bad. It has been cold here, but at least the course is open, the greens are good, and my swing needed the practice after 5 months off.

My area is expecting to see another 4 to 8 inches of snow today through tomorrow. Normally something like this, this late in winter early in spring, would have put me in a bad mood until the snow melted. A simulator may not be the same as being out on a real course but it sure beats the alternative and I'm in a better mood to boot. I'm not ecstatic about the conditions but I'm not all that bothered by it either.

wow, and I thought our winter was bad. It has been cold here, but at least the course is open, the greens are good, and my swing needed the practice after 5 months off.

Our winters seem to be betting longer in New England. I think we swapped with you folks from BC. :-)

Normally I'd remind you to keep it classy but today (and this entire winter for that matter) is not normal. This winter can go to hell. It is my new mission to move my life to a place that never sees snow. Anybody here know what -50* feels like?? What a bunch of BU!! S#*T!!! We just started, and I mean just got a glimpse of + tempertures an bam, -27* and snowing this AM. Canada is stupid and our weather is stupider.

It's barely much better in Vancouver, although it's not frostbite inducingly cold, it's wet and all the nice courses with good drainage are booked up.

Another thing I noticed is that the rest of Canada always has clear skies and we're constantly over cast.

might snow this weekend too....

Yeah, it's just starting to cool down here ATM, off the back of summer and now into Autumn (aka fall). Not looking forward to having to wear a light jumper or long pants to get through winter...

Seriously. I don't know how you golfers do it. Living in such cold places.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm in Australia, living near the "Gold Coast" (location of the 2018 Commonwealth Games).

We can play golf all year. But. I sook it if it's raining and cold, or too hot. Spoilt. Yep. You betcha.

I'd go insane living in some of the climates you golfers endure.