2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2018 Kingsmill Championship May 17-20

With an hour delay to start the day and an afternoon weather delay it was a recipe to finish the round tomorrow morning. I have 2 holes left to score. As discussed earlier, there were a few tees moved up but most were in their normal locations. Rain held off until we came back from the lightning delay and became a pretty good downpour 5 holes later. Ayako Uehara, the shortest player off the tee, played pretty well and is -3 on the day. Mi Hyang Lee didn't make the most of her opportunities and was only able to get a couple of birdies to go with a bogey. Wei-Ling Hsu had some opportunities but wasn't able to capitalize on anything until a birdie on the last hole of the night.

Have to be back at the course to finish the round at 6:30 and then once the reshuffle is done I will see who I am scoring for.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took a look at Mean Khang's bio again. I didn't realize she played 32! events last year.

Do what works for you, but I think she and Brooke should bring it down to about 28 events. She and Brooke can do the spring break things Wie, Kang and Lee are doing. They're actually in that traditional college age bracket.

Does Allison Lee actually play golf on the LPGA....?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "play golf". She's currently dead last in ballstriking, and 127th in putts per GIR. 'Pretty sad, really.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Just took a look at Mean Khang's bio again. I didn't realize she played 32! events last year.

Do what works for you, but I think she and Brooke should bring it down to about 28 events. She and Brooke can do the spring break things Wie, Kang and Lee are doing. They're actually in that traditional college age bracket.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "play golf". She's currently dead last in ballstriking, and 127th in putts per GIR. 'Pretty sad, really.

And to think ... there was a time when Alison was in the top 10 (I believe - if not mistaken in 2016) in putting. Her fall has been quite sad actually. Sad because she has talent and she was and is capable of playing at a higher calibre than most of the LPGA members and now she seems to have lost that bit of motivation and desire. The LPGA is not division 1 collegiate golf and I think that perhaps Alison has lost sight of that and the importance of getting her game into top shape,

And to think ... there was a time when Alison was in the top 10 (I believe - if not mistaken in 2016) in putting. Her fall has been quite sad actually. Sad because she has talent and she was and is capable of playing at a higher calibre than most of the LPGA members and now she seems to have lost that bit of motivation and desire. The LPGA is not division 1 collegiate golf and I think that perhaps Alison has lost sight of that and the importance of getting her game into top shape,

I just keep circling back to her IG/twitter account when the Gen2 PXG's came out. She posted "buy them if you can afford them"

That is about all I need to know about her mentality.....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Not looking like there will be too much golf today. With the rain going nowhere and the start being delayed til at least 2 PM, I imagine the event will most likely go to 54 holes. I guess they can try to get 72 holes in but they'd need no delays tomorrow.

If they decide to go 54 holes I hope the let the leaders tee off on Sunday in the AM instead of sending them out to rush in 4 or 5 holes before dark and so Golf Channel has something they think is important to talk about. Though I guess if they think they can run with no more delays tomorrow, then they should be able to get 72 in what would be a long Sunday for everyone.

Ye

I guess it's been cut to 54 holes and plays cancelled til tomorrow. This is a really great opportunity for Nasa, Angel or Megan to drop a low one and steal the shorten event and a first win.

YEs, completion of second round will start at 7:30 am and final round scheduled to start at 10:30. I think the 10:30 time is a push to turnaround the groups. Really needs to stop raining, ground it pretty saturated and continued rain will be difficult to manage although the grounds crew is doing a great job.

I made it todays round. I mostly followed Lexi and Brittany and Kerr a little bit. Then Wie and Korda on the back before the weather delay. I caught a little play from some others too. I have a few observations.

-I always forget how hilly the course is to walk. I literally saw an elderly gentleman in a scooter almost flip backwards while trying to go up a hill.

-I used to be in LOVE with Natalie Gulbis. Today, she looks like she is entirely made of plastic.

-I like watching Georgia Hall swing the club.

-Lexi and Brittany were enjoayble to watch. They looked like they were having fun. Lexi was giving little kids fist bumps between holes. Lexi got a real lucky kick on her approach to 15. She turned to us and said "hey, I must be a member"!

The girl that got a sponsors exemption, Elsa Diaz, has an unusual pre shot routine to say the least. Its almost unbearable to watch. I didnt know what to think when she teed off at 10. Evidently she a pretty decent college player though.

She was on the initial list of players for this seek. So were Lydia and Inbee.

I made it yesterday also (Friday) with my kids. Got super lucky with the weather. Followed the Lexi/Brittany/Angel group as well - Lexi gave my kids signed golf balls between 10th tee/11th green.

Well the round of the day went to Brooke Henderson ... recording a 65 today (at least the round of the day amongst the top 10 on the overnight leaderboard). Unfortunately, she came up 1-stroke short of the playoff. A good round by Ariya to seize the initiative and charge to the top of the leaderboard. In Gee rebounded and got herself into the playoff as well as did Hataoka. Sad to see that the LPGA has been hit hard these past two tournaments with bad weather and shortened play.

The women's game is in good hands and is so very competitive. Looking forward to the upcoming majors!

Congratulations Ariya

Like last one, it's tough to see these tournaments with so few holes played. Feels like it really increases the random factor.

Interesting to see Nasa make it to the playoff. A bit of hype for her when she came on last year, never materialized. Maybe this will give her a boost. Still don't think I know much about her except the crazy signature.

Was pulling for In Gee of course! Very happy to see her doing well, and to see her leading over the double-night.

On the haircut, I'm hoping maybe she will grow it out again.

So, would these three have been a choice for the bad-weather players talked about at the start? Maybe Ariya seems most likely. I wouldn't have picked In Gee, because thought she hits high. Nasa not on radar at all.

First, major kudos to the grounds crew and volunteers for getting the course in playable shape, and getting three exciting rounds finished. It sounds like they put in a ton of early/late hours. 'Can't have a tournament without them.

Is Ariya clutch with the putter, or what? If you want to see drama on the final hole, whether it's in regulation or a playoff, she's pretty much the one to go to. Wow. I thought she just might let this one slip away, but she's learned to close them out.

'Great tournament by Nasa. It seems she just might have put her rookie season behind her.

Oh, In Gee. Birdie the par 5 15th and the win is yours. She still had fight in her when she drained the birdie on 17. Another great week, and another close one.

Megan looked unstoppable until that costly bogie on the 16th. 'Probably a bit of nerves down the stretch, but a great week nonetheless.

Brooke saves the best for last, but like most players today, couldn't quite get the ball back to the hole on the 18th for a legit birdie chance.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

So, would these three have been a choice for the bad-weather players talked about at the start? Maybe Ariya seems most likely. I wouldn't have picked In Gee, because thought she hits high. Nasa not on radar at all.

Recall that In Gee's win at the Evian when the conditions were soaking wet for three days. Her deliberate style of play seems to be suited for conditions when focus is needed. I think she may have benefited from another day of foul weather.

This thing looks wide open with 18 holes to go. I am picking the two best players on the board, Jess(ica) and Ariya.

Good call.

Attending to a family matter today and wasn't able to watch nor record....and no replay....WTF....oh well we get to see some women's NCAA stuff early this week.

Obviously, I wanted Dumbo to win.

Is Ariya clutch with the putter, or what? If you want to see drama on the final hole, whether it's in regulation or a playoff, she's pretty much the one to go to. Wow. I thought she just might let this one slip away, but she's learned to close them out.

Just what I was thinking - after her first time collapse over the last holes on the LPGA she seemed to get a steely determination to close out tournaments. Like "This is never going to happen to me again". Whatever she does mentally, it works.