2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2018 Kingsmill Championship May 17-20

Man Jessica Korda is just tearing it up this year. Here she is again right up toward the top.

Maybe the jaw reconstruction did more for her than we realized?

They mentioned during the broadcast that she used to be in pain all the time.

It's been a relief since her operations. She's finally playing like she could.

That's awesome. Chronic pain sucks. It's definitely a challenge not to focus on it when it's constantly biting you.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players today were Jing Yan, Thidapa Suwannapura, and Su Oh. Su Oh was the best of the group hitting every fairway and averaging 250 off the tee on wet fairways. Thidapa played well but 3 bogeys to close out the round really hurt. Jing never seemed to get on track but made some great up and downs. Overall the course is in great shape and the weather is mostly holding off. Grounds crew is doing a fabulous job even after lots of overnight rains. Lift, clean, and place will probably be the norm for all 4 rounds. Was drizzling most of the day but nothing too bad and raingear never came out of the bags.

Tomorrows group will be Ayako Uehara, Mi Hyang Lee, Wei-Ling Hsu

wishing the best to my usual suspects:

Katie Burnett, Mi Hiang Lee, Kim Kaufman, Paula Reto, Maude Aimee LeBlanc, Danielle Kang and my fellow Puertorican Maria Torres (rookie)...good luck to all!!!

I don't think Mi Hyang Lee would appreciate that you cannot spell her name correctly. :taunt:

I wonder is she still using Cheeseburger Chad as her loop?

I know this autocorrect kills me sometimes, I don’t think she still has him as caddy, I can’t honestly remember...good catch tho ��

Rough start for Mi Hyang, or should I say Mi Hiang? She's +3 after 10 holes. Hopefully she can get it in gear on the back nine.

She finished at +3, has to play better tomorrow for sure, Kaufman is a surprise to me, she is really solid but at +6 she'll need to play lights out...LeBlanc at -2, K Burnett at -1, P Reto at +1 and M Torres at +3 (like MHL), best of luck to them tomorrow...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

1) Su Oh was the best of the group hitting every fairway and averaging 250 off the tee on wet fairways.

2) Tomorrows group will be Ayako Uehara, Mi Hyang Lee, Wei-Ling Hsu

1) From what I see on TV...I like Su Oh...seems like she has a great personality...glad to heard she has some speed to her swing...hope to watch her play a few holes the next time I'm at an event.

2) I think you never seem to get any premier groupings...I assume you don't care who you get....or do you prefer to volunteer for the less ranked pros to see what kind of game they have.

I assume if you really wanted to volunteer for a premier group....you could put in a request?

Let us know if Cheeseburger Chad is on MHL's bag....he used to loop for IK Kim.

EDIT...I just saw a picture...seems like the kids get the opportunity to be a standard bearer for a premier group.

BUT...Nosil....I think you are a walking scorer?....I don't think I've ever seen a kid as a walking scorer.

Glad to see the weather hold out for the first round. Hopefully they get lucky again tomorrow.

Solid scoring. Soft greens and preferred lies certainly helped.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Glad to see the weather hold out for the first round. Hopefully they get lucky again tomorrow.

Agreed. It was raining sideways here. I'm very surprised it held out. It's supposed to rain almost non-stop all the way until Monday.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Agreed. It was raining sideways here. I'm very surprised it held out. It's supposed to rain almost non-stop all the way until Monday.

It looks like they pushed back the tee times an hour this morning.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Kbong, I've been walking scorer whenever possible. There is a group of near full-time volunteers, who travel around to many of the tournaments. They're known quantities, and they seem to get the premiere groups. On Sundays, the committee chairs go out with the final pairing. That leaves the occasional volunteers with the lesser lights. Still, they're better than we'll ever be. Over the years, I've walked with rookies who went on to become super stars. I still remember a Friday round with then-unknowns Yani Tseng and Na Yeon Choi. It was jaw dropping.

But wow--1.5 inches of rain overnight and the greens were rolling 12.5? How is that even possible?

Regarding rain for this event... Looks like it will be here all weekend as most have stated, the surprise and a good one, is that there really hasn't been Thunder and Lightning with this system.

The course drains very well and was built to withstand rains. I cannot attest to the bunkers, but the tees, fairways (landing areas are generally speaking high points), and greens are elevated to where water will drain away from them.

Greens are very soft, but fairways still had some roll to them Wednesday after an inch of rain.

Kbong, I've been walking scorer whenever possible.

Volunteering as a walking scorer is actually having to work.

The issue with that role is you're committed to one group for 5 hours...so if you're a fangirl you can't see other players while on duty.

It's a popular role that is in high demand...but I think working the range is a good role....you get to see all the players hitting balls while working.

I signed up late to volunteer at the 2003 BMO CWO.....I signed up for the maintenance crew....IMO....for this event it was the best role. My main job was to keep 6 tee blocks filled with bottled water and ice. In a 6 hr shift.....it only took me 90 minutes to keep all the tee blocks supplied.

They paired me up with an elderly lady volunteer...I told to just to stayin the cart and I'd do all the heavy lifting.

I was given a large golf cart with a walkie talkie with a head set....I looked like a rules official so everyone got out of my way quickly.....lol.

So in the remaining 4.5 hrs of the shift....we'd drive around and watch the gals play golf....the lady with me had a blast because she didn't really know any of the players and I helped get her up to speed.

I will admit there's quite a few volunteers at these events who are kinda useless and don't use common sense...but hey...it's free help. :taunt:

Glad to see Brittany Altomare playing well lately. This could be the year she breaks out. I know nothing about her, but I am rooting for her because I suppose that it must suck being the perennial number 3 Brittany in American golf. In 2018 however, she is the second-best Brittany and I don't think it's really up for debate.

Glad to see Brittany Altomare playing well lately. This could be the year she breaks out. I know nothing about her, but I am rooting for her because I suppose that it must suck being the perennial number 3 Brittany in American golf. In 2018 however, she is the second-best Brittany and I don't think it's really up for debate.

I like Lang...but IMO...she one of the most underachieving LPGA pros...she is a natural athlete and nearly won the 2005 USWO and we kinda expected big things from her coming out of Duke.

IMO....I think she's kind of mentally weak.

She was lucky to pull off the win at the 2012 Manulife and she caught lightening in a bottle at the 2016 USWO and thanks to a digital camera on Anna's fairway bunker shot.

I also don't think she parlayed much additional endorsement money for her USWO win neither.

WTF...they are playing the 17th hole at 110 yards....ugh.

2) Tomorrows group will be Ayako Uehara, Mi Hyang Lee, Wei-Ling Hsu

2) I think you never seem to get any premier groupings...I assume you don't care who you get....or do you prefer to volunteer for the less ranked pros to see what kind of game they have.

I assume if you really wanted to volunteer for a premier group....you could put in a request?

EDIT...I just saw a picture...seems like the kids get the opportunity to be a standard bearer for a premier group.

BUT...Nosil....I think you are a walking scorer?....I don't think I've ever seen a kid as a walking scorer.

I have had premier players in past years. We don’t get to pick players or times, We are assigned a time and get the players that are scheduled. I got my shift times a month ago. Weekend times are based on seniority and the committee chairs do not do scoring at this event.

They have kids do the standards on the weekends so they don’t all get premier groups either.

Overall I enjoy watching all the players do their jobs. In actuality I have found that the lesser known pros are often more enjoyable to spend the 5 hours with.

In actuality I have found that the lesser known pros are often more enjoyable to spend the 5 hours with.

Agree...I typically watch some of the lesser known players on Thurs/Fri if possible before the cut.....they often don't make the cut.

Some of my favorite lesser known pros have been Angela Jerman, Jackie Gallagher Smith and Leta Lindley...all retired now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cut moves to -2. The soft conditions are definitely a green light for scoring. Currently 16 players at -6 or better.

Just took a look at Mean Khang's bio again. I didn't realize she played 32! events last year.

Do what works for you, but I think she and Brooke should bring it down to about 28 events. She and Brooke can do the spring break things Wie, Kang and Lee are doing. They're actually in that traditional college age bracket.

Do what works for you, but I think she and Brooke should bring it down to about 28 events. She and Brooke can do the spring break things Wie, Kang and Lee are doing. They're actually in that traditional college age bracket.

Or maybe Brooke and Megan don't want to be POSERS like Wiezy, Kangster and Ally and actually want to play golf to earn a living. :taunt:

Brooke and Megan are young....I'm sure if they were tired they'd take a week off.

Brooke said she might as well play tour events...she said if she took off a week and went home...she'd still be playing golf at home that week.

I hate InGee's new haircut.

Totally agree.

She's getting a lot of flak from her 8,000+ Flying Dumbo Fan Club members...gotta believe she'll grow it out again.

I read that she donated her hair.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but, while it's short, she should use it to gain a new sponsor(of hair care products). Style it up, maybe even spike it up. Have some fun with it.

Just took a look at Mean Khang's bio again. I didn't realize she played 32! events last year.

Does Allison Lee actually play golf on the LPGA....?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I made it todays round. I mostly followed Lexi and Brittany and Kerr a little bit. Then Wie and Korda on the back before the weather delay. I caught a little play from some others too. I have a few observations.

-I always forget how hilly the course is to walk. I literally saw an elderly gentleman in a scooter almost flip backwards while trying to go up a hill.

-I used to be in LOVE with Natalie Gulbis. Today, she looks like she is entirely made of plastic.

-I like watching Georgia Hall swing the club.

-Lexi and Brittany were enjoayble to watch. They looked like they were having fun. Lexi was giving little kids fist bumps between holes. Lexi got a real lucky kick on her approach to 15. She turned to us and said "hey, I must be a member"!

The girl that got a sponsors exemption, Elsa Diaz, has an unusual pre shot routine to say the least. Its almost unbearable to watch. I didnt know what to think when she teed off at 10. Evidently she a pretty decent college player though.

Does Allison Lee actually play golf on the LPGA....?

She was on the initial list of players for this seek. So were Lydia and Inbee.