MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @TheCityGame said:

> People "poo poo" when other people coulda/shoulda/woulda their rounds, but IMO, that's what you're chasing. Shoulda been an 83. Good. Go get that 83 next time and see where you left strokes out there that day, and that "shoulda" is your next number.

>

I think there's a delineation to be made between productive post-round analysis, and fantasizing.

Some people are completely oblivious to the law of averages when they're talking about a round. They'll loathe that they had 6 birdie putts of 15-20ft, and made none, when in reality that's basically to be expected. Or they'll harp on the times they missed a putt, or up and down, but in actuality they got up and down about on track with their average. It's like they're constantly comparing what happened during their rounds to what could happen if every single thing went absolutely perfectly, to the max of their potential. That's not productive, or realistic.

Then there's trying to identify things at a more systemic level, which I think can be productive. Identify things are a more systemic level, with historical trends/tendencies in mind.

> @siegel159 said:

> Any of you guys have experience with the Marc train between DC and Bmore? Had a talk with the roommate last night about living arrangements, and we tentatively decided to move near Union Station instead of Silver Spring, because neither of us really want to live in Silver Spring, and taking the train is probably less stressful than driving.

Camden or Penn line? If your office is near 395 then the Camden line would be easier to get from station to office HOWEVER and its a big HOWEVER there are only 4 trains up in the morning and 4 trains back each night so if you get stuck at the office or miss a train you are pretty screwed. They also get cancelled or delayed all the time. The line uses CSX rail lines and their freight trains get priority. I used to take it from Laurel to Union station when I had clients in DC.

> @bayrat88 said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > Any of you guys have experience with the Marc train between DC and Bmore? Had a talk with the roommate last night about living arrangements, and we tentatively decided to move near Union Station instead of Silver Spring, because neither of us really want to live in Silver Spring, and taking the train is probably less stressful than driving.

>

> Camden or Penn line? If your office is near 395 then the Camden line would be easier to get from station to office HOWEVER and its a big HOWEVER there are only 4 trains up in the morning and 4 trains back each night so if you get stuck at the office or miss a train you are pretty screwed. They also get cancelled or delayed all the time. The line uses CSX rail lines and their freight trains get priority. I used to take it from Laurel to Union station when I had clients in DC.

Camden line probably, since the office is like a 10 minute walk from the Camden station, as opposed to 30ish from Penn. I know there are buses and whatnot that sort of equalize the overall time between the two routes, but I'm still probably going to give the Camden line a trial run before I try Penn to see what the difference is like.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

> @jonflesh said:

> What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @jonflesh said:

> > What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

>

> Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

>

> Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

>

> Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

>

> Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

>

> Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

>

> I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

Tons of great info there. Really appreciate it. I will look into these spots. Only one I had really checked out was norbeck as it is clubcorp owned as is my current club. It’s a little far though on the downside.

> @jonflesh said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @jonflesh said:

> > > What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

> >

> > Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

> >

> > Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

> >

> > Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

> >

> > Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

> >

> > Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

> >

> > I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

>

> Tons of great info there. Really appreciate it. I will look into these spots. Only one I had really checked out was norbeck as it is clubcorp owned as is my current club. It’s a little far though on the downside.

The Naval Academy course in Annapolis is an option if you end up living closer to Annapolis. The course is currently closed as it undergoes a $5 million dollar renovation, but it should be really nice once it re-opens in the spring of 2020. It is just a course, driving range and practice area and not a country club, but you also do not have any food minimums so it's a good option if you're just looking for golf. Initiation varies based on your status (active duty military, retired military, DoD civilian, civilian, etc.), but it is another potential option.

> @ALTSean said:

> > @jonflesh said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > @jonflesh said:

> > > > What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

> > >

> > > Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

> > >

> > > Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

> > >

> > > Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

> > >

> > > Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

> > >

> > > Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

> > >

> > > I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

> >

> > Tons of great info there. Really appreciate it. I will look into these spots. Only one I had really checked out was norbeck as it is clubcorp owned as is my current club. It’s a little far though on the downside.

>

> The Naval Academy course in Annapolis is an option if you end up living closer to Annapolis. The course is currently closed as it undergoes a $5 million dollar renovation, but it should be really nice once it re-opens in the spring of 2020. It is just a course, driving range and practice area and not a country club, but you also do not have any food minimums so it's a good option if you're just looking for golf. Initiation varies based on your status (active duty military, retired military, DoD civilian, civilian, etc.), but it is another potential option.

Thanks! I actually saw that one as well but assumed you had to be military or retired military to join I work for the fed but not dod so assumed I was out of luck. I’ll give them a call as well.

• Like 1

> @jonflesh said:

> > @ALTSean said:

> > > @jonflesh said:

> > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > > @jonflesh said:

> > > > > What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

> > > >

> > > > Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

> > > >

> > > > Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

> > > >

> > > > Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

> > > >

> > > > Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

> > > >

> > > > Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

> > > >

> > > > I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

> > >

> > > Tons of great info there. Really appreciate it. I will look into these spots. Only one I had really checked out was norbeck as it is clubcorp owned as is my current club. It’s a little far though on the downside.

> >

> > The Naval Academy course in Annapolis is an option if you end up living closer to Annapolis. The course is currently closed as it undergoes a $5 million dollar renovation, but it should be really nice once it re-opens in the spring of 2020. It is just a course, driving range and practice area and not a country club, but you also do not have any food minimums so it's a good option if you're just looking for golf. Initiation varies based on your status (active duty military, retired military, DoD civilian, civilian, etc.), but it is another potential option.

>

>

> Thanks! I actually saw that one as well but assumed you had to be military or retired military to join I work for the fed but not dod so assumed I was out of luck. I’ll give them a call as well.

Chartwell is near Severna Park, not too far from Annapolis Junction. I haven't played there for a few years but it is a decent track that just finished a renovation earlier this year.

> @Terphack said:

> > @jonflesh said:

> > > @ALTSean said:

> > > > @jonflesh said:

> > > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > > > @jonflesh said:

> > > > > > What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, you're about 30 minutes from Turf Valley, fewer from Hobbits Glen. A little further from Woodmore, 20 minutes from Rolling Road. There's a couple places near Annapolis, but I don't know jack about them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hobbits is only "semi" private. Sweet course. Cheaper option, but not really like a country club. Members of the Columbia association play there. It's busy all the time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Woodmore has a bunch of people from this thread, including the membership director. He's probably already reached out to you, LOL.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rolling Road seems closest to you. Short, tight course from what I understand.

> > > > >

> > > > > Turf is where a couple of us belong. 36 holes. Not the nicest course around. I like it. It's not "fancy". Has a good MGA. Over the next couple years, they'll be shutting down each of the 18's for a period of time for renovations.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't really speak to the dues at anywhere except Turf. Turf is $4g's up front, but only $750 up front if you agree to join for 3 years. After that it's like $380 a month, with $200 a quarter minimums.

> > > >

> > > > Tons of great info there. Really appreciate it. I will look into these spots. Only one I had really checked out was norbeck as it is clubcorp owned as is my current club. It’s a little far though on the downside.

> > >

> > > The Naval Academy course in Annapolis is an option if you end up living closer to Annapolis. The course is currently closed as it undergoes a $5 million dollar renovation, but it should be really nice once it re-opens in the spring of 2020. It is just a course, driving range and practice area and not a country club, but you also do not have any food minimums so it's a good option if you're just looking for golf. Initiation varies based on your status (active duty military, retired military, DoD civilian, civilian, etc.), but it is another potential option.

> >

> >

> > Thanks! I actually saw that one as well but assumed you had to be military or retired military to join I work for the fed but not dod so assumed I was out of luck. I’ll give them a call as well.

>

> Chartwell is near Severna Park, not too far from Annapolis Junction. I haven't played there for a few years but it is a decent track that just finished a renovation earlier this year.

Thanks for the recommendation. That one caught my eye too. I’ve called them and emailed them and haven’t gotten a response yet. Maybe the membership director is on vacation or something but I always feel like it’s a bad sign if someone doesn’t respond. Hope to hear soon.

Random question that y'all may have discussed when I wasn't reading the board too carefully--have any of you tried CBD oil for anxiety at all? I'm considering taking small doses to see if it'll calm me down on the golf course. I get the borderline yips all the time and its keeping me from playing the golf I know I'm capable of playing.

I'm definitely starting from the position that I don't want to take any mood-altering anything, but everything I've read so far says it can make a difference with few to no side effects at all. Seems like it could be worth it. Just curious if anyone has tried it and noticed anything good or bad.

> @jonflesh said:

> What’s up everyone. I’ve lived in nova for the last 11 years and been a member of the piedmont club in Haymarket for the last 5 or so. I might be relocating to the md side of the river soon and was looking at private clubs in the area. Job will be near Annapolis Junction so anything in that area would be great. Haven’t decided where I’ll live yet in relation to work if I relocate so anything in the surrounding area of Annapolis junction is worth a recommendation.

I think you'll find that where you choose to live will have a big impact on your options. There's nothing right there around Annapolis Junction, so it will likely work best to find something on the way home and/or closer to home.

Personal testimony: CBD (gummies) can help with anxiety, but that's a pre-bedtime thing for me when necessary.

Other types of gummies can help as well. Or so I've heard.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Supposed to be finishing up reports for tomorrow's end-of-month staff meeting.

I am not finishing up any report for tomorrow's end-of-month staff meeting.

At this point, they'd all be wrong anyway.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> Eagle we only halfway through man!

Just texted this to Domes... I'm about to pass out*! Lol

*From the stress, not from the adult beverages