2018 UL International Crown Oct 04-07

Argonne69

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, those fairways are soft.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Lol. Flying Dumbos are out in force.

OK, the Attack Girls may be a bit more vocal.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

The KLPGA is certainly not going to work around the IC. The fact that several top ranked Korean players chose to skip the IC clearly shows the priority the players put on the events.

And yet In Gee chose the IC over the KLPGA major.

In Gee is not a KLPGA member. Hye Jin Choi took a pass. Jin Young Ko, while an LPGA member, is sponsored by Hite, the major sponsor.

Very dissatisfied. There's absolutely nothing to read here. I just wanted to drink a post round IPA and relive what I experienced today. And do it through the eyes of the WRX. Nothing.

It's okay. I'm learning to let things go.

Huge fan of Lu. She's an absolute stud. And cute :-).

Can someone explain what happened on 15 with Ryu? What exactly was conceded?

I'm literally the only non-Korean everywhere I go. Surprised at how much English is written and spoken.

Right now I'm in a craft beer joint by myself and suddenly it's filled up. 17 dudes and and only two chicks. 19 now. Make that 20. Welcome to Korea bravedave.

The time gap will be tough for this tournament. I watched half before having to head to bed. I'll watch the remainder after work today.

Biggest surprise was Bronte and Jodi. Jodi's putter was quite warm.

Anna and Caroline are a very good team.

Michelle looked quite rusty out there. She seemed to be missing right quite often.

Looks like decent weather today, but the heaving rain will be moving in tomorrow. Luckily it will taper off by Sunday.

Anyone catch the comment about the lack of fans due to the early tee times? I believe Tom joked that the Starbucks didn't open until 8 am. I just looked at the tee times for today, and it just occurred to me that they are ridiculously early for a limited field event. With only 8 foursomes playing, why are they starting at 7:05 am??? I assume they were trying to get a prime time window in the U.S., but the eastern half of the U.S. is not going to stay up until 2-3 am to watch the finishes.

Very dissatisfied. There's absolutely nothing to read here. I just wanted to drink a post round IPA and relive what I experienced today. And do it through the eyes of the WRX. Nothing.

It's okay. I'm learning to let things go.

Huge fan of Lu. She's an absolute stud. And cute :-).

Can someone explain what happened on 15 with Ryu? What exactly was conceded?

I'm literally the only non-Korean everywhere I go. Surprised at how much English is written and spoken.

Right now I'm in a craft beer joint by myself and suddenly it's filled up. 17 dudes and and only two chicks. 19 now. Make that 20. Welcome to Korea bravedave.

Sorry, it took all I had just to stay awake last night. These matches are slow. Enjoying your reports from on the ground there, keep em coming.

Michelle looked quite rusty out there. She seemed to be missing right quite often.

Looks like decent weather today, but the heaving rain will be moving in tomorrow. Luckily it will taper off by Sunday.

Anyone catch the comment about the lack of fans due to the early tee times? I believe Tom joked that the Starbucks didn't open until 8 am. I just looked at the tee times for today, and it just occurred to me that they are ridiculously early for a limited field event. With only 8 foursomes playing, why are they starting at 7:05 am??? I assume they were trying to get a prime time window in the U.S., but the eastern half of the U.S. is not going to stay up until 2-3 am to watch the finishes.

They are trying to get in 2 rounds today. Announced it at the end of the broadcast.

Yes, Bad weather is apparently coming. That's why the early tee times tomorrow and Round 3 will start right after the 2nd matches.

No real surprises today except maybe the big Aussie lead in the 1st match mostly thanks due to a brilliant Sarah Jane Smith but amazing rally from the two Brits to get the half.

Group A as expected with Korea and England in front and Group B wide open. Should be a fun 2nd day.

They are trying to get in 2 rounds today. Announced it at the end of the broadcast.

Yep, there is a typhoon headed their way. Supposed to be within 175nm of their location 12 noon local time tomorrow.

The KLPGA is certainly not going to work around the IC. The fact that several top ranked Korean players chose to skip the IC clearly shows the priority the players put on the events.

And yet In Gee chose the IC over the KLPGA major.

In Gee is not a KLPGA member. Hye Jin Choi took a pass. Jin Young Ko, while an LPGA member, is sponsored by Hite, the major sponsor.

I have to imagine that Whan got the Ok from the KLPGA on the date of the event.

I wonder if the KLPGA figured women's golf was strong enough in Korea that two major events could be held simultaneously.

I wonder if Inbee soft or verbally committed to the KLPGA event at the beginning of the year and just didn't announce it. And possibly she had better results this year than she thought she would and In Gee didn't do as well as she thought she would. Because we basically have the Korean team that we would have had before the ANA. Hye Jin Choi was the only KLPGA player that had a shot at representing the team but perhaps didn't plan on playing in the IC because LPGA players were ahead of her all season and July 2 it was a done deal.

Michelle shouldn't even be there... Last I heard, she's making a swing change to hinder injuries.. She's not ready..

Agreed, tough window for US viewing... I watched the beginning live, but most of it today - also shocked at lack of fans on course but didn't realize it was so early local time. Makes sense though if trying to get in two sessions.

Although, I can't believe with 6.5 hours of coverage they couldn't get 8 groups around. Pathetically slow play. My DVR cut off at the end with KOR/TPE groups having several holes to go, but I picked up the last hole on the repeat. I always extend Sunday DVR recordings but with 6+ hours of coverage didn't think it would be necessary for the early rounds. Corrected that for 2/3rd rounds now.

Kinda of slow to watch, although with 32 players I suppose they are probably showing more players than your typical LPGA broadcast. Also seems anti-climatic with such little point separation available per day. I mean you can zero on day one and still be in it, but by comparison at SC or RC if you zero a day you are done. Gets better as we go along i suppose.

Assuming tonight's broadcast will be the tape delay of day 1's pushed up afternoon rounds. Hopefully the weather won't drown the event.

Wie/Korda pairing needs to get it together, I can see them getting 0 points if they don't improve. Occasional flashes of brilliance, but sloppy overall. When Kerr grabbed her back on 1 tee I was like oh no here we go. Turned out to be non-issue, but do they even have an alternate on site for injury? Common sense would say 5th on the list (Kang, or Salas maybe?) Wonder if they are there. With next event being Hana Bank also at Incheon I suppose coming over early not a big issue.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Michelle shouldn't even be there... Last I heard, she's making a swing change to hinder injuries.. She's not ready..

The hold-off chop big fade she was playing last year didn't look too skeletal friendly.

The forecast for Sunday looks decent, so I assume combining the 2nd and 3rd rounds in a single day gives them some cushion in case the course is unplayable on Saturday.

As for the slow play, I can certainly see it. They normally take 5+ hours as threesomes. Adding a fourth player is going to stretch it to crazy lengths.

I find the entire US team very shaky after the first day, lucky for Lexi and Chrisite the competitors found a way to play worse than they did, I think it was Tom Abott who said during the broadcast that the best ball for the entire 4some had them at -5. Koreans seemed be feeling the pressure a little bit and weren't very crisp, hopefully the settle in. Thailand seems quiet but deadly, it seemed like every time they showed "double P's: ball it was 5 feet from the hole. England seemed solid but were kinda lucky to get the half in the first match, Hall and Hull are gonna have to step up going forward. If the US doesn't step up today it could be a rough week, cause Japan aren't push overs if you're trying to making points in your final match.

5+ hours...they really need to address that somehow.

The course looked a little rough in spots. Did they have a bad growing season?

They have the same issue as the PGA, excessively long preshot routines, including a bit too much time on the green reading putts from 12 angles. The basic problem is that there is no shot clock until a group is put on the clocks, so as long as all groups are playing at the same slow pace, everything is fine.

Based on pics from the past few KLPGA tournaments, it appears they've had a lot of rain in recent weeks, so I'm not shocked that the course has a few rough spots.

Better leave like real soon. It's 6am here and they start at 7. Gotta get there before all the rain. "When the rain comes..." A few pictures I took with my phone yesterday are on Instagram. @professionalgolffan. Taking the good camera today. I got scared that they wouldn't let me in with it so I didn't bring it. Silly boy.

I believe it's to get as much in before the rains.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the conceding. They gave I think it was Anna a concede on her 15 foot birdie putt because they assumed she wouldn't three putt. But I say make her putt. It's possible that she could leave herself a testy three footer. As a fan at an event, stroke play is better viewing in my opinion. Stroke play obviously also has more players and more action. Here after a group goes through sometimes there's absolutely nothing for a long time. Kirk and them were like an hour behind Charlie and Minjee. If you have a long wait at a stroke event, the players pile up and they keep coming through.

I love it when they make them putt the two-footers especially after they conceded for them. We all remember Alison "Gimme" Lee. She was shocked she didn't get a gimme from Suzann.

I'm finishing the 1st round coverage, and I just noticed that Dean is caddying for Bronte. Not sure if this is a full time gig going forward, or an IC gig only.

For all the complaints we have with the coverage throughout the season, I have to say this is the best coverage we've seen by far. Eight groups covered by eight cameras. Plenty of reporters on the course. Most importantly there is a minimum of fluff pieces, and an almost endless stream of shots. Wow. Actual golf.