Home Simulators Lets Talk About Them!

clevited

Ideally looking for something that could be secured directly to the wall in hitting against to absorb impact. Thinking a layered approach with a few different materials finalizing with a screen... interested if anyone has had luck with memory foam. Seems like it would work but hard to secure

I don't feel any solution where you're mounting something directly to the wall is going to be effective unless you end up with something very thick and extremely durable, which sort of negates the desire to not hang a absorption blanket a foot from the wall. The solutions using suspended impact blankets (whatever that blanket might be made of) will take the force of impact and dissipate the energy across much of the blanket as it moves to absorb the impact, and the weight of the entire blanket helps bring the ball speed to a stop. Sort of like crash protection in a vehicle, where the energy is absorbed and controlled through a large area of the vehicle's structure to minimize injury.

A fixed solution mounted on the wall has to dissipate all that energy in one tiny little impact spot. The amount of absorption needed would likely need to be significant thick and/or heavy. It is also likely that repeated strikes in the same area would wear out that material's ability to absorb the significant energy, and suddenly you find yourself with wall damage.

Thanks for the thorough reply. I’ll take the advice and change my plan to mirror something like this. I’m still looking to maximize space as it’s going in a garage and unfortunately will be a “roll-away” type setup where I’ll have to move a car to use it.

Perhaps I’ll try to create a manual retractable impact zone that can be stowed away above when not in use....

I just bought a Skytrak so next is the garage setup. Using an iPad on day 1. Was thinking about trying to hang an old 8x10 rug or a piece of Astro turf. It will be ugly, but figured it would stop the ball, absorb some sound, and might be a ball return also. I might be able to knock out the work this weekend. Any thoughts or advice?

I’d go with a net made for golf balls. They are not expensive and you can get pretty much any size. Last thing you want is a golf ball ricocheting wildly with a makeshift setup. Nets are cheap and easy to hang however you want - and protect against a shank, too.

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond

If you are worried, get Fiberbuilt. You'll hear all kinds of great options but each will have pros and cons. Some, like the Divot Action or True Strike (DIY or OEM) are really solid choices and have huge followings. However, both have some critics. I've only been in the sim game for a year but I've never heard anyone complain about Fiberbuilt, however. I'm sure others will chime in but, to me, I've tried the Country Club Elite and a DIY Divot Action and they are no comparison to the Fiberbuilt. I had the Fiberbuilt Practice Station and returned it but just purchased the Flight Deck insert again, yesterday. If you're concerned about injury, I don't think you can do better.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

fiberbuilt seems like it would be hard to putt on. idk I also have a hard time seeing how fiberbuilt would have accurate spin readings but people say it does. I feel like you'd hit ball really high off face and get fliers. I only have the fiberbuilt practice one but it is literally like you took a broomhead off and spray painted it green.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any additional ideas for decreasing noise to others? Was going to do rubber flooring, mat over that, then probably have an enclosure with curtains on outside and then probably a door sealer. Thinking archery net instead of screen, or net and then screen.

I feel like driver would be much louder, could always hot melt or yarn that. I feel like irons shouldn't be a problem. Golf room will be in furthest part of house from other people. Just want to minimize any possible noise to others.

> @pinhigh27 said:

> Anyone have any additional ideas for decreasing noise to others? Was going to do rubber flooring, mat over that, then probably have an enclosure with curtains on outside and then probably a door sealer. Thinking archery net instead of screen, or net and then screen.

>

> I feel like driver would be much louder, could always hot melt or yarn that. I feel like irons shouldn't be a problem. Golf room will be in furthest part of house from other people. Just want to minimize any possible noise to others.

I don't have any build tips but just an fyi in case you didn't notice. Softer golf balls are much quieter than the harder ones when hitting driver. Also, some drivers are much quieter than others. To make my point, I have a krank I often use and it is super loud when hitting Prov1x, hit a softer ball like Chromesoft and it is much quieter, switch to my Callaway Epic and also use that ball, its like stealth by comparison. My wife can barely hear it in the house from the attached garage. The other combination sounds literally like a gun shot.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

> @grant3121 said:

> Thought id post an actual DIY project that I just completed about 2 weeks ago. Through all my days worth of research prior to beginning this project I found that no one would list out their exact room dimensions and only a few would get get really specific with their build out details. Well I'm about to provide both and hopefully you find this more informative than boring!

>

>

>

> Simulator Area Dimensions: 128 inch width x 180 length x 144 height

>

>

>

> Once i measured this, i knew it was slightly larger than the minimum requirements but i highly suggest swinging a lot in that space and go 120% all out on a bunch of swings before you deem it playable, because everyone starts off with an indoor swing and sometimes too cramped of an area, especailly too low of a ceiling, although meeting the minimum just wont be worth it.

>

>

>

> What I Bought:

>

> Skytrak + Metal Case + Game Improvement plan

>

> Homecourse Retractrable Impact Screen w/ Wall Mount

>

> NetReturn Pro Golf Mat

>

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^these all came in a bundle that i bought together on sale

>

> Optoma EH200ST Projector

>

> DivotAction 12x24 inch Insert

>

> 24x24 inch 1/2 inch thick Gym Mat Interlocking Flooring Packages from Home Depot (6X)

>

> 9x12 ft Artificial Grass from Home Depot

>

> Projector Mounting Bracket w/ 8-20 inch extension rod

>

> 15 ft Extension Cable

>

> 25 ft HDMI Cable

>

> Apple Lighting Adapter

>

> Apple iPad

>

>

>

> The items you probably dont see too often in other reviews are the Homecourse retractable screen and the Divot Action. The retractable screen was a must for me. I live in an apartment and didnt want to compromise all of the space, even though i wanted to make it look like it was a golf course, the space still can be used to do other things. The divot action was what i chose after reading extensively into all the different mat options. Since i was getting the netreturn pro mat in the bundle, i knew that because id be hitting a lot of balls every day/week, that i didnt want to develop any injuries that some of you have probably read up on if youve gotten deep into this. I had owned an optishot2 prior (thing sucks imo) and the mat i had i would use to practice swing on all the time just when i was bored and eventually i could feel my elbow hurting a bit and im still young at 28, so i knew that choosing the right mat was imperative. After a lot of research i came down to two or three options, the fiberbuilt, truestrike and the divot action. CCE was immediately thrown out because that one will for sure give you tendinitis if you play consistently. After going through the options really only the divot action appealed to me as it had the best insert options and good reviews from those who used it for long periods of time. Through 2 weeks of use, ill say that the screen is holding up well, its only flaw being that its hard to retain tension so the picture is wavy buti dont really care because i spend 95% of my time in the skills assessment mode on skytrak app. As for the divot action, i couldnt be happier with it. I know that its a very simple product and after examining it i could easily replace it myself, which ill do if it begins to breakdown, but paying the 100 bucks to understand the concept behind it was well worth it. The insert gives just like an average to softish fairway would and could easily be altered to be more firm.

>

>

>

> My first step in the building process was laying the floor. I placed the 1/2 inch gym flooring down throughout the whole area and then placed the artificial grass on top. Then i folded back the artificial grass and put the netreturn mat down and made it flush with the back edge of the gym flooring. Using a heavy duty box cutting knife and switching out the blades every couple feet, i cut along the net return mat edge and eventually got it to lay flush. Next i secured the gym flooring to the wood flooring with a half dozen heavy duty velcro strips. Once everything but the divot action was finalized on the flooring aspect, i then mounted the screen and projector. The screen was a real btch to do, it had to sit 8 ft 6 inch off the ground and 18 inches from the wall, which in my case was a window so i was extra concerned with that figure. Unfortunately due to the necessary hanging dimensions i was stuck with wall mounting the homecourse.........into brick. yay. This was the part I stressed over the most with the homecourse being 80 pounds, thinking I needed to be exact, when really the wall mounts allow for a little adjustment so you just need to be level technically, not pinpoint accurate, just accurate. After an hour of drilling holes and fastening the mounts, finally the screen went up, stayed up and hasnt shown any issues of strain. After that, i was basically in the home stretch. I mounted the optoma EH200ST, which if any of you need a ultra short throw projector (i mounted mine 42 inches from the screen and 30 inches above it) then i highly suggest this one. I spent days researching and always came back to this one, its not super cheap but also doesnt break the bank like some of the others youll see, at 800 id say its well worth it as it has multiple aspect ratios, keystone, zoom, and a whole advanced menu of other more granular options. The final part of the installation was squaring up the screen with the divot action, which was a little tricky given my building is super old and not straight at all anywhere. The divot action is 1.25 inches thick, which was important to know when buying the gym flooring because the netreturn mat was 3/4 inch thick, so i knew i needed 1/2 inch thick gym flooring to make sure it lined up flush.

>

>

>

> After probably a month of planning and budgeting and replanning and rebudgeting, i pulled the trigger on the bundled purchase on Jan 2, received all the pieces about a week or two later and then spent basically and entire day and a half assembling everything. Its been approximately two weeks since i finshed and ive probably hit about 2k balls to date. Originally i had planned to get a desktop and buy TGC as well but after mulling over the cost of those two more components, i figured id give just the skytrak game improvement a try for a few weeks to see how that was. Turns out i really love the skills assessment mode. Ive set up certain ranges with 5 yard increments and have already begun to see progress in dialing in dispersions. At the end of the day, i ended up spending about $5200 to get this set up, which is what i would say is average all in for most setups you see. The desktop and TGC wouldve been another 2-2.5k, so maybe ill add it next year or something but for now this fits all the needs...........especially when its snowing and freezing out like today!

Pictures also please

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

@mygolfkarma the screen is still holding up and operates up and down without any signs of an issue. The thing i like most by far is the ability to quickly put it away. Surprisingly most people dont even notice the screen when they come over which was always my concern prior to purchasing. I've timed how long it takes me to put the screen down, boot the skytrak and get into the range and in total its almost exactly 2 minutes, which you just cant beat. There are definitely a few drawbacks though. First, the extra layering for the screen they provide which covers the main impact area is loud as hell and sucks. I immediately tossed that aside and for a while thought i would never need anything. However after a couple hundred?/thousand? balls the screen starts to show signs of wear. Do not get this screen if your main goal is a crystal clear perfectly flat screen, this has an indent in it after a couple balls which doesnt bother me at all but in all the research i did prior to my purchase some people seemed gungho on getting a flat screen. So as my screen started to give more and develop wear in the main area i decided to cut a piece of cloth, hot glue some velcro into the corners and then attach that piece to the middle velcro pieces that are already on the screen, this works much better than the pos they give you and is 10x quieter. The only other major flaw with this screen is the weighted bottom part that is supposed to give the screen some tension. First, it probably isnt heavy enough. Second, probably a day or two in the thing ripped out on one of the sides. Duct tape wouldnt fix this and you really need to just sew it to secure it. And lastly, for some reason they decided to use a velcro type system to help secure this to the bottom of the screen and thats just slowly giving away, havent had to modify it yet but I would assume i will over the next year. Overall id probably rate this screen a B with the pros of being able to get your room back and quick setup slightly outweighing some of the poor design flaws.

Any other questions just let me know

@AmazinBlue go check out my original post for pictures, i put multiple on there

> @grant3121 said:

> @mygolfkarma the screen is still holding up and operates up and down without any signs of an issue. The thing i like most by far is the ability to quickly put it away. Surprisingly most people dont even notice the screen when they come over which was always my concern prior to purchasing. I've timed how long it takes me to put the screen down, boot the skytrak and get into the range and in total its almost exactly 2 minutes, which you just cant beat. There are definitely a few drawbacks though. First, the extra layering for the screen they provide which covers the main impact area is loud as **** and sucks. I immediately tossed that aside and for a while thought i would never need anything. However after a couple hundred?/thousand? balls the screen starts to show signs of wear. Do not get this screen if your main goal is a crystal clear perfectly flat screen, this has an indent in it after a couple balls which doesnt bother me at all but in all the research i did prior to my purchase some people seemed gungho on getting a flat screen. So as my screen started to give more and develop wear in the main area i decided to cut a piece of cloth, hot glue some velcro into the corners and then attach that piece to the middle velcro pieces that are already on the screen, this works much better than the pos they give you and is 10x quieter. The only other major flaw with this screen is the weighted bottom part that is supposed to give the screen some tension. First, it probably isnt heavy enough. Second, probably a day or two in the thing ripped out on one of the sides. Duct tape wouldnt fix this and you really need to just sew it to secure it. And lastly, for some reason they decided to use a velcro type system to help secure this to the bottom of the screen and thats just slowly giving away, havent had to modify it yet but I would assume i will over the next year. Overall id probably rate this screen a B with the pros of being able to get your room back and quick setup slightly outweighing some of the poor design flaws.

>

> Any other questions just let me know

>

> @AmazinBlue go check out my original post for pictures, i put multiple on there

Loved the way you shared your feedback ?

GRANT3121, your setup and description is awesome. I am planning out my build now thanks to your detailed description. Thanks for the info. I will have to wait to do the LM/simulator until another time.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

Thanks.

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

>

> I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

>

> It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

>

> I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

>

> Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

>

> Thanks.

I can only comment on the two LMs but not as they relate to TGC. Skytrak is a great entry level device. It has its problems though. If you don't mind long shot delays, more misreads, and less accurate data (especially if you have driver ball speeds 150 mph and up), then ST is good enough for you. GC2 in my opinion is worth the extra cash for sure but you need to be careful if you buy one second hand. Do your research! It also requires flash replacement now and then depending on how much you use it. GC2 is just all around more consistent and accurate. ST could give you some frustration depending on how much you care about the data it shows or how you want to perform on TGC.

> @clevited said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> >

> > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> >

> > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> >

> > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> >

> > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> >

> > Thanks.

>

> I can only comment on the two LMs but not as they relate to TGC. Skytrak is a great entry level device. It has its problems though. If you don't mind long shot delays, more misreads, and less accurate data (especially if you have driver ball speeds 150 mph and up), then ST is good enough for you. GC2 in my opinion is worth the extra cash for sure but you need to be careful if you buy one second hand. Do your research! It also requires flash replacement now and then depending on how much you use it. GC2 is just all around more consistent and accurate. ST could give you some frustration depending on how much you care about the data it shows or how you want to perform on TGC.

The GC2 would be CPO direct from Foresight in Toronto. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I do have 116mph SS with driver so the accuracy might be an issue for me. Less bothered about the shot delay, but heard it's significantly reduced with good pc hardware (though still present).

Thanks, appreciate your input.

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> > >

> > > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> > >

> > > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> > >

> > > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> > >

> > > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> > >

> > > Thanks.

> >

> > I can only comment on the two LMs but not as they relate to TGC. Skytrak is a great entry level device. It has its problems though. If you don't mind long shot delays, more misreads, and less accurate data (especially if you have driver ball speeds 150 mph and up), then ST is good enough for you. GC2 in my opinion is worth the extra cash for sure but you need to be careful if you buy one second hand. Do your research! It also requires flash replacement now and then depending on how much you use it. GC2 is just all around more consistent and accurate. ST could give you some frustration depending on how much you care about the data it shows or how you want to perform on TGC.

>

> The GC2 would be CPO direct from Foresight in Toronto. Not sure if that makes a difference.

>

> I do have 116mph SS with driver so the accuracy might be an issue for me. Less bothered about the shot delay, but heard it's significantly reduced with good pc hardware (though still present).

>

> Thanks, appreciate your input.

I would imagine straight from Foresight would be a safe deal but of course you will pay substantially more. The ball speed issue will effect you. I made a thread about it a while ago. It has been a year since they said they were working on a fix and ST has been silent for most of that year. Not sure what is going on but that is something to be aware of. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Here is the thread I made about the ball speed issue. https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1552898/skytrak-long-drive#latest

> @clevited said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @clevited said:

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> > > >

> > > > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> > > >

> > > > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> > > >

> > > > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> > > >

> > > > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks.

> > >

> > > I can only comment on the two LMs but not as they relate to TGC. Skytrak is a great entry level device. It has its problems though. If you don't mind long shot delays, more misreads, and less accurate data (especially if you have driver ball speeds 150 mph and up), then ST is good enough for you. GC2 in my opinion is worth the extra cash for sure but you need to be careful if you buy one second hand. Do your research! It also requires flash replacement now and then depending on how much you use it. GC2 is just all around more consistent and accurate. ST could give you some frustration depending on how much you care about the data it shows or how you want to perform on TGC.

> >

> > The GC2 would be CPO direct from Foresight in Toronto. Not sure if that makes a difference.

> >

> > I do have 116mph SS with driver so the accuracy might be an issue for me. Less bothered about the shot delay, but heard it's significantly reduced with good pc hardware (though still present).

> >

> > Thanks, appreciate your input.

>

> I would imagine straight from Foresight would be a safe deal but of course you will pay substantially more. The ball speed issue will effect you. I made a thread about it a while ago. It has been a year since they said they were working on a fix and ST has been silent for most of that year. Not sure what is going on but that is something to be aware of. Hopefully they fix it soon.

>

> Here is the thread I made about the ball speed issue. https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1552898/skytrak-long-drive#latest

Thanks for the reading material.

Yeah I'd imagine it's substantially more. The website shows 5400, which I assume is USD because .ca gets changed to a .com site and states they don't ship outside conUS. I'll have to give the Canadian Foresight office a call and find out more, but it's at least 4000 CAD more than ST, which pays for the entire hitting area and software with money left over for a potential projector. The plan was to use an old TV I have since 1080p is just fine with me, but if I have guests then they might appreciate the projection.

I've had both with TGC. With GC2 you get a significantly improved shot to show time, larger FOV, better HLA readings, no short game issues, no high ball speed issues, no finicky connection issues, no annual user fee and tighter tolerances on the measured data. Some of these can be fixed or improved and some cannot. If you can afford the skytrak, most likely you will be happy, if you can afford the GC2, you will be happier.

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

>

> I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

>

> It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

>

> I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

>

> Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

>

> Thanks.

> @wbond said:

> I've had both with TGC. With GC2 you get a significantly improved shot to show time, larger FOV, better HLA readings, no short game issues, no high ball speed issues, no finicky connection issues, no annual user fee and tighter tolerances on the measured data. Some of these can be fixed or improved and some cannot. If you can afford the skytrak, most likely you will be happy, if you can afford the GC2, you will be happier.

>

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> >

> > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> >

> > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> >

> > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> >

> > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> >

> > Thanks.

>

>

Thanks for the advice. What's HLA? Something launch angle? Sorry, it's the only acronym there I didn't immediately understand.

The ball speed and short game would be the main things that might bother me about the unit and pussy me towards GC2. Ultimately I will probably end up just purchasing the Foresight unit because, on my experience, every time you but something cheap and tell yourself it's good enough, you send up eventually buying the expensive thing anyways and losing money on unloading the cheaper item. Less expense in the long run to just save for what you really want.

It's horizontal launch angle. Skytrak isn't that bad, its just that the GC2 is better, but at about 2.5-3x the cost. I used it for years and was very happy with it. I just got a great deal on a GC2 that I couldn't pass up.

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @wbond said:

> > I've had both with TGC. With GC2 you get a significantly improved shot to show time, larger FOV, better HLA readings, no short game issues, no high ball speed issues, no finicky connection issues, no annual user fee and tighter tolerances on the measured data. Some of these can be fixed or improved and some cannot. If you can afford the skytrak, most likely you will be happy, if you can afford the GC2, you will be happier.

> >

> > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> > >

> > > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> > >

> > > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> > >

> > > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> > >

> > > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> > >

> > > Thanks.

> >

> >

>

> Thanks for the advice. What's HLA? Something launch angle? Sorry, it's the only acronym there I didn't immediately understand.

>

> The ball speed and short game would be the main things that might bother me about the unit and **** me towards GC2. Ultimately I will probably end up just purchasing the Foresight unit because, on my experience, every time you but something cheap and tell yourself it's good enough, you send up eventually buying the expensive thing anyways and losing money on unloading the cheaper item. Less expense in the long run to just save for what you really want.

> @wbond said:

> It's horizontal launch angle. Skytrak isn't that bad, its just that the GC2 is better, but at about 2.5-3x the cost. I used it for years and was very happy with it. I just got a great deal on a GC2 that I couldn't pass up.

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @wbond said:

> > > I've had both with TGC. With GC2 you get a significantly improved shot to show time, larger FOV, better HLA readings, no short game issues, no high ball speed issues, no finicky connection issues, no annual user fee and tighter tolerances on the measured data. Some of these can be fixed or improved and some cannot. If you can afford the skytrak, most likely you will be happy, if you can afford the GC2, you will be happier.

> > >

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > Not sure how active this thread is but I used the forum Search function, so no complaining!

> > > >

> > > > I'm in the market for a home simulation setup. I'm in northern Ontario (already -14°C with 3" snow) so our season is pretty short and we recently bought a new home so I finally have space.

> > > >

> > > > It's a new custom house but we bought at a discount through power of purchase - owner couldn't get a mortgage and the builder sold it at a loss to us. Unfortunately, the basement is standard 7.5' height so it'll have to go in the garage where it's 18'.

> > > >

> > > > I'm looking at Skytrak but also wondering if GC2 is worth it for the extra cash, even though it seems like a bit of messing around is needed to make it work with TGC.

> > > >

> > > > Does anybody have experience with TGC on both Skytrak (with a decently powerful rig attached to it) and GC2? If it helps, I'm unlikely to ever purchase Quad or +HMT because spending 14000+ just isn't worth it to me for club data, barring some kind of immense price drop.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Thanks for the advice. What's HLA? Something launch angle? Sorry, it's the only acronym there I didn't immediately understand.

> >

> > The ball speed and short game would be the main things that might bother me about the unit and **** me towards GC2. Ultimately I will probably end up just purchasing the Foresight unit because, on my experience, every time you but something cheap and tell yourself it's good enough, you send up eventually buying the expensive thing anyways and losing money on unloading the cheaper item. Less expense in the long run to just save for what you really want.

>

>

Did you get the HMT as well, or just the launch monitor?