2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

UPDATE 4/9/19 (05:05 pm est):

There will continue to be small skin and functional changes every few days. We hope to see more white space reduction and the "new/pinned/closed" buttons replaced by icons tomorrow. The look and function you see today will be dramatically different in weeks and more so in months from today. We finished up framing a longer term skin change that will have fixed menus, really slick search and notification functionality and much much more. In the meantime we will be rolling out patches to allow our users to enjoy the site more and more. BST feedback is still in development and we will update as we can. My content that shows all discussions you have participated in is coming as well. Thank you for the patience.

• Like 1

> @larciel said:

> 1. In mobile chrome. Multiple phones.

> Pages get 'stuck' for some time. You can scroll up and down but can't click

>

> 2.

> You have to scroll all the way down to see Page menu to move to next page or last page (pg.24 here) once you're on other pages, you cannot move to page 1 easily. (Pg 1 is not shown)

> And once you're on other pages, the page menu is shown on top of the thread for easy access. Put it on 1st page as well.

>

>

Does it happen with safari too?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Really would like to know why only a certain % of users are stating slowness and what is the commonality. Have you tried another browser as a benchmark?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

> @"flip flappy" said:

> Are posts in a thread not numbered anymore? Also why are the number of likes a person has no longer displayed and no more of the year members joined under their user name?

Should be back this week.

BST AD Help

> @jj9000 said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> >

> > This is what I see on my mobile for WRX:

> > uzvrnugcxq7a.png

> >

> The App isn't coming back.

>

> Meanwhile...here's a live shot from the BST:

>

> 2qf4bxkk6stm.gif

>

I forget but aren't you on an iPhone using Safari ?

I believe there have been a number of reports of problems with this combination. Do you have Chrome ? if not, willing to download it and give it a try ?

I have Samsung (Android of course) using the Chrome browser and the BST ads, usually with quite a few pictures, load very fast.

HOWEVER, I am using wi-fi via a cable modem with a speed of 143Mbps. But, IIRC correctly you previously posted a speed test of 43 Mbps so speed, while a bit slower than mine, still shouldn't be an issue. It would seem to be an iPhone/browser issue, no ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @e-man said:

> I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread. I tried toggling the yellow star at the top of the page with no luck. There used to be an unsubscribe option in the email notification. Is there some other way to do this?

Are you saying you clicked the GOLD star, it turned white/blank, and when you hit "My Bookmarks" this thread is STILL showing up there ?

Titleist Pro V1X

> @Swisstrader98 said:

>

> This is what I see on my mobile for WRX:

> uzvrnugcxq7a.png

>

That's a "bookmark", yes ?

If so, it points to the old site, yes ? Which no longer exists, hence the blank bookmark.

Delete it, pull up the site, and then make a new one.

If the above is not the case, sorry, can't help you.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @e-man said:

> > I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread. I tried toggling the yellow star at the top of the page with no luck. There used to be an unsubscribe option in the email notification. Is there some other way to do this?

>

> Are you saying you clicked the GOLD star, it turned white/blank, and when you hit "My Bookmarks" this thread is STILL showing up there ?

It no longer shows up in My Bookmarks but I keep getting email notifications when someone posts on the thread.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @jj9000 said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > >

> > > This is what I see on my mobile for WRX:

> > > uzvrnugcxq7a.png

> > >

> > The App isn't coming back.

> >

> > Meanwhile...here's a live shot from the BST:

> >

> > 2qf4bxkk6stm.gif

> >

>

> I forget but aren't you on an iPhone using Safari ?

>

> I believe there have been a number of reports of problems with this combination. Do you have Chrome ? if not, willing to download it and give it a try ?

>

> I have Samsung (Android of course) using the Chrome browser and the BST ads, usually with quite a few pictures, load very fast.

>

> HOWEVER, I am using wi-fi via a cable modem with a speed of 143Mbps. But, IIRC correctly you previously posted a speed test of 43 Mbps so speed, while a bit slower than mine, still shouldn't be an issue. It would seem to be an iPhone/browser issue, no ?

This is my current setup:

Chrome browser

Android - Oreo 8

Plenty of Internet speed

> @jj9000 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @jj9000 said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > >

> > > > This is what I see on my mobile for WRX:

> > > > uzvrnugcxq7a.png

> > > >

> > > The App isn't coming back.

> > >

> > > Meanwhile...here's a live shot from the BST:

> > >

> > > 2qf4bxkk6stm.gif

> > >

> >

> > I forget but aren't you on an iPhone using Safari ?

> >

> > I believe there have been a number of reports of problems with this combination. Do you have Chrome ? if not, willing to download it and give it a try ?

> >

> > I have Samsung (Android of course) using the Chrome browser and the BST ads, usually with quite a few pictures, load very fast.

> >

> > HOWEVER, I am using wi-fi via a cable modem with a speed of 143Mbps. But, IIRC correctly you previously posted a speed test of 43 Mbps so speed, while a bit slower than mine, still shouldn't be an issue. It would seem to be an iPhone/browser issue, no ?

>

> This is my current setup:

>

> Chrome browser

> Android - Oreo 8

> Plenty of Internet speed

OK, only other thing I can think of is some kind of firewall issue but other than that, I'm stumped. Thanks.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @e-man said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @e-man said:

> > > I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread. I tried toggling the yellow star at the top of the page with no luck. There used to be an unsubscribe option in the email notification. Is there some other way to do this?

> >

> > Are you saying you clicked the GOLD star, it turned white/blank, and when you hit "My Bookmarks" this thread is STILL showing up there ?

>

> It no longer shows up in My Bookmarks but I keep getting email notifications when someone posts on the thread.

Well, if, on your notifications (in your profile), you checked off "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" (and you've posted in that thread of course) I don't think there's anything you can do.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> Will there be a way to reference a quoted post via post number? Right now all it has is the "@" mention and if you click that it just takes you to that user's profile, rather than the mentioned post for context.

The info in the old board's posts (this item included) has been referenced before and at least some (if not all ?) of it has been acknowledged by the boyz.

Exactly what will and won't come back, not sure if they've commented on that.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @TheInfidel said:

> Has site traffic decreased significantly? Posts/Reads seem way down to me?

> I'm holding out for the "big improvements" but who's going to be left when they arrive?

I would imagine so. Me and my buddies are on here probably 10-25% of the time we used to be and one guy literally say f* it I'm not going back because I'm saving so much money not searching BST ads every day ??. Someone missed a big a** opportunity to start another golf forum the last few week IMO. The new format and interim skin is absolutely driving me away. I almost typed bsg in my browser yesterday. Low point in my online existence.

> @born4golf77 said:

> > @TheInfidel said:

> > Has site traffic decreased significantly? Posts/Reads seem way down to me?

> > I'm holding out for the "big improvements" but who's going to be left when they arrive?

>

> I would imagine so. Me and my buddies are on here probably 10-25% of the time we used to be and one guy literally say f* it I'm not going back because I'm saving so much money not searching BST ads every day ??. Someone missed a big **** opportunity to start another golf forum the last few week IMO. The new format and interim skin is absolutely driving me away. I almost typed bsg in my browser yesterday. Low point in my online existence.

Well, we will really see this week. Masters thread used to have hundreds of users in it come the weekend.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @e-man said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @e-man said:

> > > > I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread. I tried toggling the yellow star at the top of the page with no luck. There used to be an unsubscribe option in the email notification. Is there some other way to do this?

> > >

> > > Are you saying you clicked the GOLD star, it turned white/blank, and when you hit "My Bookmarks" this thread is STILL showing up there ?

> >

> > It no longer shows up in My Bookmarks but I keep getting email notifications when someone posts on the thread.

>

> Well, if, on your notifications (in your profile), you checked off "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" (and you've posted in that thread of course) I don't think there's anything you can do.

Exactly. I have notifications turned on when someone comments on a thread that I’ve participated in. But sometimes a thread will continue on for pages and pages and you want to unsubscribe from that thread so you no longer get email notifications but still want to get email notifications for other threads.

> @e-man said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @e-man said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @e-man said:

> > > > > I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread. I tried toggling the yellow star at the top of the page with no luck. There used to be an unsubscribe option in the email notification. Is there some other way to do this?

> > > >

> > > > Are you saying you clicked the GOLD star, it turned white/blank, and when you hit "My Bookmarks" this thread is STILL showing up there ?

> > >

> > > It no longer shows up in My Bookmarks but I keep getting email notifications when someone posts on the thread.

> >

> > Well, if, on your notifications (in your profile), you checked off "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" (and you've posted in that thread of course) I don't think there's anything you can do.

>

> Exactly. I have notifications turned on when someone comments on a thread that I’ve participated in. But sometimes a thread will continue on for pages and pages and you want to unsubscribe from that thread so you no longer get email notifications but still want to get email notifications for other threads.

I haven't seen anywhere you can mitigate your current issue.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @jj9000 said:

> GX...I still have the ability to close BST Ads.

> Haven't closed any yet...but...been tempted to with the bump-fest going on over there.

It’s all or nothing for right now. No eta.

BST AD Help

> @jj9000 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @jj9000 said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > >

> > > > This is what I see on my mobile for WRX:

> > > > uzvrnugcxq7a.png

> > > >

> > > The App isn't coming back.

> > >

> > > Meanwhile...here's a live shot from the BST:

> > >

> > > 2qf4bxkk6stm.gif

> > >

> >

> > I forget but aren't you on an iPhone using Safari ?

> >

> > I believe there have been a number of reports of problems with this combination. Do you have Chrome ? if not, willing to download it and give it a try ?

> >

> > I have Samsung (Android of course) using the Chrome browser and the BST ads, usually with quite a few pictures, load very fast.

> >

> > HOWEVER, I am using wi-fi via a cable modem with a speed of 143Mbps. But, IIRC correctly you previously posted a speed test of 43 Mbps so speed, while a bit slower than mine, still shouldn't be an issue. It would seem to be an iPhone/browser issue, no ?

>

> This is my current setup:

>

> Chrome browser

> Android - Oreo 8

> Plenty of Internet speed

For some reason the experience differs with same setup. Does it happen on other browsers?

BST AD Help

> @BiggErn said:

>

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > The app was discontinued 2 years ago. Only the mobile site is used.

>

> It worked up until the overhaul and was pretty flawless in the way it navigated the site.

You were lucky then cause of you search the help forum you will see plenty of issues of pages not loading.

BST AD Help

> @Gxgolfer said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> >

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > The app was discontinued 2 years ago. Only the mobile site is used.

> >

> > It worked up until the overhaul and was pretty flawless in the way it navigated the site.

>

> You were lucky then cause of you search the help forum you will see plenty of issues of pages not loading.

On a rare occasion some certain topics wouldn’t load. The interface made that a bearable issue.

OK OK OK...I think I have the most elegant solution to what’s ailing us here. Let’s face it, this site is now woefully painful to view and navigate and to be honest fellas, I haven’t seen vast improvements over the past few weeks.

THE SOLUTION?: why not go back to using the original WRX app that was super clean and easy to navigate...that sucker actually got 4.5 stars!!

Take a gander at screenshots of the app and you tell me what looks more elegant. 7vm31gc4ify7.png

tw3jx7tqheoh.png

45hjzbyn15wg.png