2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NEW MACGREGOR IRON AND WEDGES

One common denominator throughout this thread is how responsive and customer service oriented the reps have been. I have met far too many golf reps that greet you with that 1000 yard stare and you can just hear them say "nice to meet you (under their breath) a**h***.

That should bode very well for MacGregor going forward.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the other day via email and found out they wont be available for us Lefties until June (maybe) :good:

As for the offset here is what they had to say as I asked that question as well.. (Response below - sorry for the bad formatting)

Here are the bounce and face progression numbers for both sets of irons. Most people do not know what face-progression is, so here is an explanation.

Face progression is very similar to offset but with one difference. Face progression is a measurement from the center of the hosel to the leading edge of the face. Offset is a measurement from the leading edge of the hosel to the leading edge of the face. We believe face progression gives a much more accurate depiction than offset measurements.

MT Pro-C 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 W

Loft 21 24 27 31 35 39 43 47

Lie 60 61 61.5 62 62.5 63 63.5 64

Fp 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 5.1

Bounce 2 2 2 2 3 4 4.5 5

Length 39 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36 35.5

Weight 241 248 255 262 269 276 284 292

These stats are the same for the Pro -M also.

Thanks again for emailing us and your interest in MacGregor product.

Customer Service

MacGregor Golf

This is an update of a post from a few weeks ago. I met with Eastern PA rep JT HOLSMAN on a cold windy Pennsylvania afternoon. He had traveled just to let me hit the Mac irons and metals. Even on this less than ideal day I could tell these new MacGregors were special. I ordered the PRO CM irons in gunmetal, the MT driver and 16.5 fairway along with some gunmetal wedges. The irons, driver and 4 wood arrived a few days before I was leaving for Myrtle Beach. So, without ever hitting the new weapons I threw them in the bag and headed south. I was able to hit a small bucket at the range at Blackmoor prior to teeing off the first day. By the end of the 18 holes putted out for an 80. I was more than happy considering I had about 35 putts. The irons were tremendous. I ordered them with the Nippon shafts and can say without a doubt it was the right choice. I have played S300 for years and the Nippons simply outperformed them. I have to say the look of the gunmetal is very cool and turns alot of heads. The fit and finish, the feel and swingweight is unreal. They are actually, "reasonably" forgiving. Now, by saying that I don't want to say they are like a big oversize cavity back. They give you what you give them. If you put a decent swing on them you will be extremely pleased. If you hit one out on the toe, not so much. The thing I see with them is that they have such a perfect feel that they stay on line, you feel the head through the entire swing, you don't lose track of the head. You will NOT find a better players club IMO. To continue with the iron line: I work at a golf shop in eastern PA and we have all the demo irons in. Again, IMO the MacGregor line from top to bottom is outstanding. The MT, the MT mid and MT os are all great irons in their perspective areas. I personally love how easy the MT mid is to hit. We have sold 3 sets of these irons just by people hitting the demo, they are that impressive. The Driver was my big surprise. I knew the irons would be sweet but the driver performance blew me away. I got the 10.5 with a stiff Bassara shaft option. I hit a ton of fairways and the feel, uncluttered look, and sound is outstanding. I can say the same of the 16.5 fairway, this thing is a monster. I like it cause I can use it in place of a 3 and 5 wood. Overall MacGregor has a tremendous lineup this year. Now for the criticism. They need to get these products out in the public eye. My biggest problem is their terrible website. It does not do the products justice at all. This stuff is awesome and the web site cries boring. You click on accessories and the only thing there are a couple hats. A few crappy pictures. The site needs a serious overhaul. They have quality representation, like JT Holsman, and that will go a long way. Give the guys some help and you will sell a ton of product. GOOD LUCK MacGregor I for one am a huge fan and will do my best to promote the line.

Here's another mini review. For awhile now I have been playing the Burner TP and have been driving it great. Then I tried the Macgregor 460 MT. 10.5*. What a bomber. Yesterday on a ccol day with the ball going into a wind that was a little right to left and a little into the face, this driver just explodes off the face and carries a long way. I don't know what the spin numbers on this driver are, but from appearance of flight, the ball looks lower spinning and less effected by the wind than the Burner...it just holds the line great. And the new Aldila DVS shaft is quite responsive.

Setup and appearance are traditional, yet you know the technology is there. No alignment marks, no crazy graphics, just a deep black and square setup. For the price Macgregor is charging with the stock shaft being a DVS, this driver is the best value on the market today.

Just got a firsthand look at them .

Sexy doesn't come close to describing how they look and most importantly feel.

I play Wishons 550 c/m and have a set of 560MCs as well but these may give both sets a real good run for the $$$

Gotta save some cash for these beauties

Does anyone know Drew's alaias on Golf WRX - stupid me I forgot it and want to stay in touch with him

I asked the other day via email and found out they wont be available for us Lefties until June (maybe) :russian_roulette:

As for the offset here is what they had to say as I asked that question as well.. (Response below - sorry for the bad formatting)

Here are the bounce and face progression numbers for both sets of irons. Most people do not know what face-progression is, so here is an explanation.

Face progression is very similar to offset but with one difference. Face progression is a measurement from the center of the hosel to the leading edge of the face. Offset is a measurement from the leading edge of the hosel to the leading edge of the face. We believe face progression gives a much more accurate depiction than offset measurements.

MT Pro-C 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 W

Loft 21 24 27 31 35 39 43 47

Lie 60 61 61.5 62 62.5 63 63.5 64

Fp 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 5.1

Bounce 2 2 2 2 3 4 4.5 5

Length 39 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36 35.5

Weight 241 248 255 262 269 276 284 292

These stats are the same for the Pro -M also.

Thanks again for emailing us and your interest in MacGregor product.

Customer Service

MacGregor Golf

I must correct this. I do not know the number, but the bounce on the Pro-C and the Pro-M is not the same. The Pro-M is very flat, and Pro-C more traditional curve front to back. Maybe you can order either to be the same, but the stock offerings at the Demo Day were quite different.

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

Reid,

I probably know the answer to this, but is there any chance that the MTs can be ordered in Gun Metal and/or full Satin finish? Thank you.

The MT Pro blades come in satin and you can special order the gun metal finish, I hda aslked the rep the same question when I was there Sunday.

I am speaking about the regular MTs not the Pro-C or Pro-M. I understand that only the cup face of the MT is forged while the rest of the head is cast, so they probably can't make it Gun Metal, but I thought I would ask. I am looking to do a MT / MT Pro C combo.

Would anyone like MT irons in Gunmetal? We currently have it in the MT-Pro C's and M's and the Don White wedges...but I can make that happen in MT's also if interest is out there.

Thanks, Reid.

Any chance this is going to happen? I would definitely pick up a set!!!

I wondering if you can custom order a set and specify you want a D2 swing weight. I know the retails are D3, which is what I'm sure mine are (DG S300's). I really like mine, but they are slighly on the heavy side. I'm just not used to a D3 swingweight. I'm not in mid season form yet and not sure how I'm gonna feel playing these over 18 holes. I wonder if I was to re order a set with Nippon 1150s, or 1050 for that matter the swingweight would be any different. I'm guessing not. Does anybody know if Mac will build a set to a D2? I'm gonna give them a call on Monday and find out anyway, but if anybody know, please let me know via pm or post.

thx,

I believe that you can Custom Order any swing weight, but it might be very expensive. I do know that they will not use hosel weights to increase swingweight, as this changes the COG of any iron.

Under their strict interpretation of keeping the Iron head balanced, it would seem that grinding is the only method they would reduce swing weight and therefore it becomes a complete custom order.

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

I'm a longtime 1025m user and think they are the epitome of the modern blade. I continue to use them as my gamers. I passed on the macgregor m675 after putting them head to head against the 1025m's. Are there any 1025m users here that can compare the new mt pro-m's. I've always used TT DG s300 as well. Also I continue to use (fourth or fifth one) the 52 degree 1025M gap wedge. Nothing has been able to knock it out of the bag either. That being said any comparisons on the new wedges vs the 1025 wedges is welcome as well. All of my 1025m clubs were retail but a perfect fit for me off the rack. Thanks!

Foreleft, don't feel bad, old school Adam Scott isn't even bagging a 2 iron any more.

Why should we?

I'll just look for a nice 2 hybrid for a nice transition from my upcoming 3 wood to 3 iron.

Foreleft, I am still toying with the idea of getting the 7-PW in the muscle back. I think it is because I had 2 great range sessions, but as we all know, the range is NOT the course.

Foreleft, don't feel bad, old school Adam Scott isn't even bagging a 2 iron any more.

Why should we?

I'll just look for a nice 2 hybrid for a nice transition from my upcoming 3 wood to 3 iron.

Foreleft, I am still toying with the idea of getting the 7-PW in the muscle back. I think it is because I had 2 great range sessions, but as we all know, the range is NOT the course.

I just ordered my Pro C's today with the KB Tour 5.5 shaft. The CM's are very good looking, but for me, when I demo'd both the C & M's, there wasn't anything that I found that I could not do with the CB's that I could do with the blade. In a 7 iron and down, I am sure that almost anyone with the skill to handle the Pro C's in the longer irons could handle the blade. Boy, they do look nice, so even if you don't hit them as well, you'll look good.

This thread seems to be dominated by the Pro-Cs and Pro-Ms, and rightly so.....BUT, I was wondering if there's any more experience with the MTs? I know there were a couple of posts about them, but I'm curious if anyone new has tried them, or those that have them can provide additional thoughts about them (the MTs, not the MT-mids)?

The regular MT's have the cupface technology. They are a club longer than any of my other sets (I was hitting the 7 iron demo as long as I was hitting the 6 irons on the forged sets). I don't know if it is a result of the lofts or b/c of a hot face. The head is bigger than the 2 forged offerings, but not distressingly so. I am looking at these as an alternate set (I just bought a set of the forged Pro-C's in gunmetal). Verdict is still out for me. That said, I like them better than any ping or callaway offerings in the same category. Price is better too.

By the way, don't we need some drink the Kool Aid logo or something for this 1000+ post on the new MacGregors. After all, these things are all much prettier than the L4V drivers.