2019 KPMG Women's PGA Championship Jun 20 - 23

> @2Tall4Golf said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > And...they just changed her score to a par on the hole. Nice job LPGA!

>

> It’s not an LPGA issue, or a website issue. It’s the fault of the volunteer walking scores with each group. If they make a mistake entering a score on the handheld device they need to work with the scoring officials to get it corrected. That takes time.

>

> Please stop blaming the website to the LPGA it’s only as good as the data that is fed to it in real time. Remember garbage in garbage out.

>

>

If what you say is correct why do we seldom if ever see these same score discrepancies on PGA tour or tour of champions? Not sure about the PGA tour but I know as of March the Tour of champions still used walking scorers.

• Like 1

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @2Tall4Golf said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > And...they just changed her score to a par on the hole. Nice job LPGA!

> >

> > It’s not an LPGA issue, or a website issue. It’s the fault of the volunteer walking scores with each group. If they make a mistake entering a score on the handheld device they need to work with the scoring officials to get it corrected. That takes time.

> >

> > Please stop blaming the website to the LPGA it’s only as good as the data that is fed to it in real time. Remember garbage in garbage out.

> >

> >

>

> If what you say is correct why do we seldom if ever see these same score discrepancies on PGA tour or tour of champions? Not sure about the PGA tour but I know as of March the Tour of champions still used walking scorers.

Great question. Quality of volunteers, technology used? I’ve only volunteered for LPGA events. There are quite a few mistakes that need to be corrected, some are comical. Maybe someone has volunteered for different tours and can give more insight.

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* -  Ventus Black TR
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus Blue TR
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 19* - Ventus Blue TR
Mizuno 923 Forged - KBS Tour V
Titleist SM9 - 54 & 58 - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey TriHot 5k Triple Wide

'Nice leaderboard. You have previous winners looking for their first major, winless players looking for their first wins, and previous major winners looking to add another major. Patience is obviously the key. As cliched as it sounds, nobody is going to win this in the first few days, but they can certainly lose it. If the wind and rains keep up as expected, it's going to be a grind.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> >

> Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > >

> > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

>

> Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

> @Argonne69 said:

> previous major winners looking to add another major.

So Yeon, Lydia, or Ariya for the third leg of the slam would be cool. None of the three playing great this year, but can they find it for a week?

> @Argonne69 said:

>Patience is obviously the key. As cliched as it sounds, nobody is going to win this in the first few days, but they can certainly lose it. If the wind and rains keep up as expected, it's going to be a grind.

Interesting article on Golf Digest about the course setup and this not being a shoot-out (favors patience). Brooke and Minjee seemed like to big names that didn't play great and are usually somewhat aggressive (I didn't think Minjee's game was aggressive before but I've noticed she makes a lot of doubles so she may be going for it more than I think. Maybe her controlled swing is a bit deceiving in how she's playing). Although Jin Young Ko also played terribly and she seems to be pretty steady. Small sample size...

Ariya was even par with her driver; bogey on #11 and birdie on #15.

[https://golfweek.com/2019/06/20/jutanugarn-puts-driver-in-play-for-first-time-all-year-at-stout-hazeltine/](https://golfweek.com/2019/06/20/jutanugarn-puts-driver-in-play-for-first-time-all-year-at-stout-hazeltine/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/06/20/jutanugarn-puts-driver-in-play-for-first-time-all-year-at-stout-hazeltine/")

> @18majors said:

> It's down to Sung Hyun and Hyo Joo for Korea:

>

> ![](http://photo.hankooki.com/webdownphoto/gisa/2019/06/21/20190621114949_1_golfhankook.jpg "")

>

Whaa? IK, So Yeon, and Amy are still in the mix at this early stage. OK, maybe not Amy, who's prone to a Sunday fade in the majors. Inbee is only a few strokes behind.

I understand why Nelly Korda hasn't yet got the same star treatment from TV like Michelle Wie, Lexi or Brooke; but it's hard to understand why she's treated like a newbie sidekick next to Cristie Kerr!

Admittedly, Cristie has been the best American golfer in the last 20 years; but Nelly is one of the brightest prospects and can be the face of American women's golf for the next 10 years!

Sometimes I wonder the motives of TV producers when they make decisions on what to show on TV; were they do it for themselves or for the success of the TV broadcast?

Interesting start! Hannah Green is a real enigma to me. When she is playing well she seriously looks the part. I mean really, not at all like the usual first round bolters. I think Hyo Joo Kim is slightly underestimated among the Korean armada, but she seems to own the all round game to go all the way. I haven't seen much of her this year, but I don't think she's a first-round bolter.

Virtually none of the favourites are out of this yet, although obviously the +4's are in some trouble. SHP has been in the shadows for some months, but she looked ominously good with the exception of 13.

One thing about the coverage - why focus on Cristie Kerr? It can't just be limited cameras, as Nelly Korda was playing in the same group!

I love the long, soggy courses in majors (thinking back to Bethpage Black in 2002). It's going to favour Jutanugarn A., SHP, Angel Yin, etc.

I'm hoping Chella can add another US Open to her trophy cabinet too.

Today's forecast calls for showers starting in the late morning. This should even things out for the two waves, although yesterday's morning groups had stronger winds than the PM groups. Winds today will increase through the day.

The first groups are out on the course, and it seems to be playing the same as yesterday. Par is a good score.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > > >

> > > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

> >

> > Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

> Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

>

> I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

>

> Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

>

> I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

I don't get too caught up in the caddie carousel. It seems every one of the top players has gone through several caddies over the past few years. Maybe it's as simple as the fact that the player and caddie run out of things to talk about. Lol. When a player's game is treading water, the caddie is usually the first to go.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Today's forecast calls for showers starting in the late morning. This should even things out for the two waves, although yesterday's morning groups had stronger winds than the PM groups. Winds today will increase through the day.

>

> The first groups are out on the course, and it seems to be playing the same as yesterday. Par is a good score.

>

>

The cut line watch is in full flight; will it or won't it?

The highest cut line this year is +5 at ANA; will this week be higher at +6?

> @2Tall4Golf said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > And...they just changed her score to a par on the hole. Nice job LPGA!

>

> It’s not an LPGA (or in this case PGA of America) issue, or a website issue. It’s the fault of the volunteer walking scores with each group. If they make a mistake entering a score on the handheld device they need to work with the scoring officials to get it corrected. That takes time.

>

> Please stop blaming the website or the LPGA (or in this case PGA of America) it’s only as good as the data that is fed to it in real time. Remember garbage in garbage out.

>

>

The LPGA makes a ton of mistakes on the website. It's pretty easy to have someone check anomaly scores, good or bad.

On the topic of course length, the KPMG is measured from the sign posts near the teebox, and not the sign behind the teebox. At last year's tournament at Kemper Lakes I verified the distances with my Skycaddie, and a handful of yardage plates that I could see on the teeboxs. The yardages appeared accurate. So, keep an eye out for the tee markers relative to sign post. For example, the 16th yesterday was playing ~5 to 7 yds shorter than the listed distance. I wouldn't be surprised if the total length was 100 to 150 yds shorter than the official 6,741. Here's a photo of the 16th: [https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lexi-thompson-of-the-united-states-plays-her-tee-shot-on-the-par-4-picture-id1157181757](https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lexi-thompson-of-the-united-states-plays-her-tee-shot-on-the-par-4-picture-id1157181757 "https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lexi-thompson-of-the-united-states-plays-her-tee-shot-on-the-par-4-picture-id1157181757"))

> @18majors said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Today's forecast calls for showers starting in the late morning. This should even things out for the two waves, although yesterday's morning groups had stronger winds than the PM groups. Winds today will increase through the day.

> >

> > The first groups are out on the course, and it seems to be playing the same as yesterday. Par is a good score.

> >

> >

>

> The cut line watch is in full flight; will it or won't it?

> The highest cut line this year is +5 at ANA; will this week be higher at +6?

39 players are now out on the course, and only one is under par for the day. I'd say +6 is very likely.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > > >

> > > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

> >

> > Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

> Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

>

> I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

>

> Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

>

> I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

Sometimes I think the caddie might pull the plug. If you're a top tier caddie that usually means you get a top tier player. If the 10% your are getting with the player you are with and is a much lower value than the 10% you can get from other players, the caddie might wanna make the switch.

I think a good caddie can be worth a stroke or two per round. I remember on Sunday watching Brittany basically beg Brooke on 16 th hole to use a 5 iron, Brooke blew her off and used a 6 iron and came up woefully short and 3-putted for bogey. If Su Oh had made her putt on 18 not listening to Brittany could have cost her a win.

And if you look at Minjee and Brooke's round yesterday, it was execution and ballstriking both had sub-par days for them and in Majors and specifically this one being out of position usually means really bad things. Also on the broadcast they mentioned the early wave was dealing with 30-40 MPH gusts, that probably doesn't help the execution either lol.

DirecTV named this broadcast "KPMG Championship" instead of having "LPGA" in the title, and I missed the first round on my DVR auto record. Anything I miss? An why, why do you replay the PGA and Euro Tours TWICE while not re-showing a Women's major? Is the 3am crowd THAT strong for the Euro? A pox on you Golf Channel!!

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Today's forecast calls for showers starting in the late morning. This should even things out for the two waves, although yesterday's morning groups had stronger winds than the PM groups. Winds today will increase through the day.

> > >

> > > The first groups are out on the course, and it seems to be playing the same as yesterday. Par is a good score.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The cut line watch is in full flight; will it or won't it?

> > The highest cut line this year is +5 at ANA; will this week be higher at +6?

>

> 39 players are now out on the course, and only one is under par for the day. I'd say +6 is very likely.

>

I think +6 is a no brainer and +7 is a real possibility. I applaud the LPGA and PGA for this set-up and challenge for the players. They generally do use this type of test to identify the best players cause doing it this way is inevitably going to embarass over half the field.

> @Stooch said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > > > >

> > > > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

> > >

> > > Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

> > Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

> >

> > I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

> >

> > Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

> >

> > I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

>

> Sometimes I think the caddie might pull the plug. If you're a top tier caddie that usually means you get a top tier player. If the 10% your are getting with the player you are with and is a much lower value than the 10% you can get from other players, the caddie might wanna make the switch.

> I think a good caddie can be worth a stroke or two per round. I remember on Sunday watching Brittany basically beg Brooke on 16 th hole to use a 5 iron, Brooke blew her off and used a 6 iron and came up woefully short and 3-putted for bogey. If Su Oh had made her putt on 18 not listening to Brittany could have cost her a win.

> And if you look at Minjee and Brooke's round yesterday, it was execution and ballstriking both had sub-par days for them and in Majors and specifically this one being out of position usually means really bad things. Also on the broadcast they mentioned the early wave was dealing with 30-40 MPH gusts, that probably doesn't help the execution either lol.

You're right; Colin pulled the plug from Paula for Sung Huyn when he thought Paula's best days were over.

However, financially there isn't a single reason for Colin to ditch In Gee for In Kyung.

In Gee out earned IK by $280K last year and is behind by $55K this year.

Most importantly, In Gee is younger and potentially can play more years.

> @Stooch said:

> I think a good caddie can be worth a stroke or two per round. I remember on Sunday watching Brittany basically beg Brooke on 16 th hole to use a 5 iron, Brooke blew her off and used a 6 iron and came up woefully short and 3-putted for bogey. If Su Oh had made her putt on 18 not listening to Brittany could have cost her a win.

I don't doubt the value in certain situations but I can't imagine it's this much in terms of scoring average. I totally get that my game is not at the level of these players (skill or importance) but I kind of agree with Kopeka's comments on pace of play and it "not being that hard" (not sure if these were his exact words) to figure out what to do. The player doesn't need to expend energy walking off yardages or cleaning the clubs, but I really struggle to see how they can't pull the trigger on what club to swing. No doubt the caddie will be right some times but they are also wrong sometimes too.

> @Stooch said:

> And if you look at Minjee and Brooke's round yesterday, it was execution and ballstriking both had sub-par days for them and in Majors and specifically this one being out of position usually means really bad things. Also on the broadcast they mentioned the early wave was dealing with 30-40 MPH gusts, that probably doesn't help the execution either lol.

Look, I think Brooke is great (mentioned many times) and very skilled all around. She's one of the best. But I would also classify her play as more aggressive than average. It wins tournaments when its on. But it can backfire when it's not. Poor execution/ballstriking with aggressive play gets you in more trouble on average? Maybe it's possible that all of her bad shots were just really bad swings on simple, safe shots or unlucky due to the wind? But I don't think it's all skill / greatness when things go well and just a bad day when things go wrong. The low rounds are also so fantastic and notable partly because of the style of play.

No doubt my statement was a generalization to a headline of an article. I also mentioned Minjee because I didn't think of her as being aggressive before but as I've watched more she seems to get into more trouble than I would have though. She's still another top player out there though. Many can only wish they were as good as her (or Brooke)...

> @Stooch said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > > > >

> > > > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

> > >

> > > Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

> > Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

> >

> > I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

> >

> > Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

> >

> > I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

>

> Sometimes I think the caddie might pull the plug. If you're a top tier caddie that usually means you get a top tier player. If the 10% your are getting with the player you are with and is a much lower value than the 10% you can get from other players, the caddie might wanna make the switch.

IK has made 45% more in earnings this season than In Gee playing in less than half as many events. You may be on to something. If Colin was looking at the long view, he'd be with In Gee. Short term view IK is not a bad choice. I mean, Colin has now done two stints with In Gee. 'No reason to think a third may not be possible in a year or so.

Four players have now withdrawn. 'Looks like the course is winning.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > > Colin on IK's bag. I guess the split with In Gee is permanent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Didn't they split once already? I thought he was on In Gee's bag, then not, then back again? Was he also with SHP very briefly after Paula?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, he was on her bag a few years ago, and then started the latest stint at last year's KPMG.

> > > Interesting. Obviously something wasn't firing on all cylinders. They booked one win last year, so it wasn't a train wreck.

> > >

> > > I thought he was highly regarded. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting another bag, but also strange that nothing has clicked/stuck since leaving Creamer.

> > >

> > > Although sometimes I wonder how much the caddie really does in terms of hitting shots. Seems to me the player should be able to know the yardage, where to miss, and how the ball is flying/how they are swinging that day to make a call on what to hit. Maybe they just want some reinforcement in the decision? Seems like the bigger thing is just saying the right things every now and then or keeping them calm/focused the couple of times it matters most.

> > >

> > > I look at Spieth and Greller. At one point he was a hero. Now people want him fired...

> >

> > Sometimes I think the caddie might pull the plug. If you're a top tier caddie that usually means you get a top tier player. If the 10% your are getting with the player you are with and is a much lower value than the 10% you can get from other players, the caddie might wanna make the switch.

> > I think a good caddie can be worth a stroke or two per round. I remember on Sunday watching Brittany basically beg Brooke on 16 th hole to use a 5 iron, Brooke blew her off and used a 6 iron and came up woefully short and 3-putted for bogey. If Su Oh had made her putt on 18 not listening to Brittany could have cost her a win.

> > And if you look at Minjee and Brooke's round yesterday, it was execution and ballstriking both had sub-par days for them and in Majors and specifically this one being out of position usually means really bad things. Also on the broadcast they mentioned the early wave was dealing with 30-40 MPH gusts, that probably doesn't help the execution either lol.

>

> IK has made 45% more in earnings this season than In Gee playing in less than half as many events. You may be on to something. If Colin was looking at the long view, he'd be with In Gee. Short term view IK is not a bad choice. I mean, Colin has now done two stints with In Gee. 'No reason to think a third may not be possible in a year or so.

>

If In Gee's hiring I can probably clear my schedule. I mean if she wants to WIN, probably not a good call, but she already won in life.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > I think a good caddie can be worth a stroke or two per round. I remember on Sunday watching Brittany basically beg Brooke on 16 th hole to use a 5 iron, Brooke blew her off and used a 6 iron and came up woefully short and 3-putted for bogey. If Su Oh had made her putt on 18 not listening to Brittany could have cost her a win.

> I don't doubt the value in certain situations but I can't imagine it's this much in terms of scoring average. I totally get that my game is not at the level of these players (skill or importance) but I kind of agree with Kopeka's comments on pace of play and it "not being that hard" (not sure if these were his exact words) to figure out what to do. The player doesn't need to expend energy walking off yardages or cleaning the clubs, but I really struggle to see how they can't pull the trigger on what club to swing. No doubt the caddie will be right some times but they are also wrong sometimes too.

>

> > @Stooch said:

> > And if you look at Minjee and Brooke's round yesterday, it was execution and ballstriking both had sub-par days for them and in Majors and specifically this one being out of position usually means really bad things. Also on the broadcast they mentioned the early wave was dealing with 30-40 MPH gusts, that probably doesn't help the execution either lol.

> Look, I think Brooke is great (mentioned many times) and very skilled all around. She's one of the best. But I would also classify her play as more aggressive than average. It wins tournaments when its on. But it can backfire when it's not. Poor execution/ballstriking with aggressive play gets you in more trouble on average? Maybe it's possible that all of her bad shots were just really bad swings on simple, safe shots or unlucky due to the wind? But I don't think it's all skill / greatness when things go well and just a bad day when things go wrong. The low rounds are also so fantastic and notable partly because of the style of play.

>

> No doubt my statement was a generalization to a headline of an article. I also mentioned Minjee because I didn't think of her as being aggressive before but as I've watched more she seems to get into more trouble than I would have though. She's still another top player out there though. Many can only wish they were as good as her (or Brooke)...

>

I know we always hear how aggressive Brooke is but I generally think it's over stated. From the tee, brooke is ultra agressive with the driver she rarely use a 3-wood unless a driver will run out of fairway. With her irons and wedge she plays generally really smart unless she trailing and has to get back into an event. I don't see her being any more agressive on 2nd shots than most other players. Although Brooke's ballstriking yesterday was off, the true problem was her putting she had 2 three-putt bogeys and that is a bad omen for her cause when she comes out of the gate struggling with the putter it doesn't usually get better that week. I'm just a firm believer all players have off tournaments and days. I see 3 important facets to having a winning week, Driving, iron and wedge play and putting and if one of those things is off any given week you're not winning most of the time. I'm not saying aggression doesn't play a part but I think less blame should be put on aggression and more put on self-awareness, that I don't have my "A" game today and I need to dial it back a touch.

> @legitimategolf said:

> Sorry if this is old news but Lydia got another new coach.

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/swing-coach-change-paying-lydia-ko-kpmg-womens-pga-championship

Glad it helped, but c'mon, Randall, one can't draw any conclusion based on one round. She still only managed 9 fairways, and 249 yds off the tee. Hyo Joo is a short knocker, and managed 12 fairways and 259 yds.

> @legitimategolf said:

> Sorry if this is old news but Lydia got another new coach.

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/swing-coach-change-paying-lydia-ko-kpmg-womens-pga-championship

I'd like to see her take the Tiger Woods approach. Look at some film, go with what feels natural/best, and stick with something for a while.

I'm not as negative on Leadbetter as others, but I'm generally in agreement that changing what people do naturally at her age isn't a great idea (just playing the odds) so maybe this was a mistake. Also, if she didn't like any of the last two coaches then need to move on but the revolving door can't be great either.

Anyways, hope she can find something that works (at least short-term) and play some good golf again...