2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

Has  anyone  that noticed a lot of carry distance loss been able to rectify the issue? It keeps showing my 5 iron carry at 150 yards! Does this thing need to be in a sterile lab to work correctly?

I have the little stickers and followed all the set up distances. But I can't get it to show correct distances. 

Alot of the online discussion says to change the settings between multiple indoor options. I only have one indoor option to choose from. 

Edited by skim4

1 hour ago, skim4 said:

Has  anyone  that noticed a lot of carry distance loss been able to rectify the issue? It keeps showing my 5 iron carry at 150 yards! Does this thing need to be in a sterile lab to work correctly?

I have the little stickers and followed all the set up distances. But I can't get it to show correct distances. 

Alot of the online discussion says to change the settings between multiple indoor options. I only have one indoor option to choose from. 

What is your ball speed, launch angle and spin?

13 minutes ago, Nels55 said:

What is your ball speed, launch angle and spin?

Im  looking at my last session where I used the mevo + . Not as bad as I remembered. I have a few shots that seem to have worked alittle. 

171 carry

87 chs

121 bs

4770 spin

launch v is 12.4

165 carry 

88 chs

118 bs

5719 spin

launch v is 13.6

159 carry

86.5 chs

118 bs 

2314 spin

launch v is 10.3

169 carry 

86.5 chs

120.4 bs

4458 spin

launch v is 11

178 carry

88 chs

122.5 bs 

4640 spin

launch v 18

47 minutes ago, skim4 said:

Im  looking at my last session where I used the mevo + . Not as bad as I remembered. I have a few shots that seem to have worked alittle. 

171 carry

87 chs

121 bs

4770 spin

launch v is 12.4

165 carry 

88 chs

118 bs

5719 spin

launch v is 13.6

159 carry

86.5 chs

118 bs 

2314 spin

launch v is 10.3

169 carry 

86.5 chs

120.4 bs

4458 spin

launch v is 11

178 carry

88 chs

122.5 bs 

4640 spin

launch v 18

Numbers look correct.  If you start losing ball speed and cannot seem to hit a solid shot the problem can be a worn out ball.  Balls seem to crack on the inside before the crack shows up on the outside.  

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, skim4 said:

171 carry

87 chs

121 bs

4770 spin

launch v is 12.4

165 carry 

88 chs

118 bs

5719 spin

launch v is 13.6

159 carry

86.5 chs

118 bs 

2314 spin

launch v is 10.3

169 carry 

86.5 chs

120.4 bs

4458 spin

launch v is 11

178 carry

88 chs

122.5 bs 

4640 spin

launch v 18

Those numbers look correct. If you are expecting carry distance to be around 200yds you would need ball speed of 130mph+ which will most likely require club speed in the mid 90s.  

Edited by mgoblue83

On 11/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, skim4 said:

171 carry

87 chs

121 bs

4770 spin

launch v is 12.4

165 carry 

88 chs

118 bs

5719 spin

launch v is 13.6

159 carry

86.5 chs

118 bs 

2314 spin

launch v is 10.3

169 carry 

86.5 chs

120.4 bs

4458 spin

launch v is 11

178 carry

88 chs

122.5 bs 

4640 spin

launch v 18

Checkout the old trackman PGA/LPGA averages to see if you're in the ballpark:

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/

This will tell you if anything sticks out (ex. low ball launch with too little spin to stay in the air, excessive AoA,etc).

But keep in mind the roll is simulated and as such the hardness of fairways when you normally play will make a big differences.

• 2 weeks later...

I warmed up a bit using my Mevo+ on Thursday morning and then went and played some golf.  When I got home the battery on the Mevo was dead.  I leave it plugged in all the time so that seemed a bit strange.  I contacted customer service and they logged into my computer and looked at the unit using some debugging software on USB connection.  They did an upgrade to some part of the firmware that is not available through the wifi but the problem did not go away.  The battery temperature was being reported as hex FF or - 272 degrees which probably means an open sensor or something.  I used to code temperature conversions years ago but I don't remember the formula.  Anyway, it is under warranty so I sent the unit back Flightscope for repair yesterday.  I will be without a launch monitor for a while.  It should get to them next Wednesday so hopefully they can turn it around and get it back to me by Christmas.

6 hours ago, Nels55 said:

I warmed up a bit using my Mevo+ on Thursday morning and then went and played some golf.  When I got home the battery on the Mevo was dead.  I leave it plugged in all the time so that seemed a bit strange.  I contacted customer service and they logged into my computer and looked at the unit using some debugging software on USB connection.  They did an upgrade to some part of the firmware that is not available through the wifi but the problem did not go away.  The battery temperature was being reported as hex FF or - 272 degrees which probably means an open sensor or something.  I used to code temperature conversions years ago but I don't remember the formula.  Anyway, it is under warranty so I sent the unit back Flightscope for repair yesterday.  I will be without a launch monitor for a while.  It should get to them next Wednesday so hopefully they can turn it around and get it back to me by Christmas.

Also, replacement batteries from Nitecore at about $20 and easy to install. 

(At least for the pre-2023 version. But I doubt much has changed except for the exact battery model.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

Also, replacement batteries from Nitecore at about $20 and easy to install. 

(At least for the pre-2023 version. But I doubt much has changed except for the exact battery model.)

Yes, and I did measure the battery and it was zero volts but it is only 6 months old so probably not a dead battery especially considering the temperature indication on the trouble shooting program.  So, the problem does seem to be that the unit would not charge the battery because it was detecting temperature out of range.  I had problems with the unit not charging when I first got it so I suspect that it is an intermittent problem and I am afraid that it will start working again in transit and they will say the problem is on my end.  LOL I ran in to that sort of thing all the time when I was working and I have been on both sides of that one, intermittent problems suck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Mevo+ was repaired and firmware updated and has been shipped and is on the way back to me. 

Apparently leaving the unit plugged in all the time will kill the battery!

Quote from flightscope:

Please note that it is best to only charge the unit while it is powered off, using the provided charging block and cable, and not to let it overcharge once the LEDs indicate a full battery as this will shorten the lifespan of the battery. Another tip I would recommend is to make sure that you are charging the unit at least once a week, if not more often, to ensure the battery level doesn't drop below 0 charge. If the battery level falls too low, the unit may not be able to charge the battery as expected, and may require charging the battery externally in order to jump the battery.

Do you leave your Mevo+ plugged in all the time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nels55 said:

My Mevo+ was repaired and firmware updated and has been shipped and is on the way back to me. 

Quote from flightscope:

Please note that it is best to only charge the unit while it is powered off, using the provided charging block and cable, and not to let it overcharge once the LEDs indicate a full battery as this will shorten the lifespan of the battery. Another tip I would recommend is to make sure that you are charging the unit at least once a week, if not more often, to ensure the battery level doesn't drop below 0 charge. If the battery level falls too low, the unit may not be able to charge the battery as expected, and may require charging the battery externally in order to jump the battery.

I try to practice a couple times a week. So its gets charged while I practice. 

I plug my Mevo into the wall when I use it.

once I am done I turn it off an unplug it. Though.

once in a while I forget to unplug it and come back to see the lights on in a dark room and reminds me to unplug it.  So I dont generally keep it plugged in all the time, No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Nels55 said:

Quote from flightscope:

I only use it outside so I charge it once a week or after use if I have a long session. 

My battery died right at a year of use...wouldn't charge anymore. New battery works great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I only use it outside so I charge it once a week or after use if I have a long session. 

My battery died right at a year of use...wouldn't charge anymore. New battery works great.

Its been 2 years I think... Shoot maybe even 3 years...original battery... no issues yet.

*Edit* just looked at my receipt 07/02/2021 was when I bought it.  So its been 2.5 years and still going strong.... 

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Its been 2 years I think... Shoot maybe even 3 years...original battery... no issues yet.

*Edit* just looked at my receipt 07/02/2021 was when I bought it.  So its been 2.5 years and still going strong.... 

You just got a good battery. It's not a flightscope battery. It's a nitecore. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

You just got a good battery. It's not a flightscope battery. It's a nitecore. 

Got it, but been hearing about a lot of people's battery going down, magically mine has kept up (Im going to jinx it now....lol)

But maybe it has to do with unplugging it?

• Like 2

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

5 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Got it, but been hearing about a lot of people's battery going down, magically mine has kept up (Im going to jinx it now....lol)

But maybe it has to do with unplugging it?

Nah, you just got a good battery. Mine doesn't stay plugged in. I'd run it down to nothing and then fully charge it. Lasted a year. 

You just got a good one...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Nah, you just got a good battery. Mine doesn't stay plugged in. I'd run it down to nothing and then fully charge it. Lasted a year. 

You just got a good one...

Leaving it plugged in like I did is the problem per flightscope as noted in my post earlier today.  Mine went dead in 6 months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VoodooZ said:

Most charging modules are smart enough not to overcharge or undercharge so leaving it on shouldn't be a problem. I've had mine since 2020 and I have no issues yet.

I'm thankful they made the battery compartment accessible at least so we don't need to order  custom battery or anything.

Apparently this thing ain't so smart as according to the tech who repaired my unit if the unit is plugged in it is always charging.  He also said that the battery does have an overcharging protection circuit that sometimes fails.  Probably mine failed and yours is still working.  LOL I guess that I drew the short straw on that one! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nels55 said:

Apparently this thing ain't so smart as according to the tech who repaired my unit if the unit is plugged in it is always charging.  He also said that the battery does have an overcharging protection circuit that sometimes fails.  Probably mine failed and yours is still working.  LOL I guess that I drew the short straw on that one! 

Well, that's just great. More stuff to ponder at 2 A.M.  How much do I really want to know about what goes on under the hood?  They sure look smooth and pretty on the outside.  Guess I'm still surprised that it won't predict how this LIV/PGAT stuff will ultimately play out. How am I to know how hard to keep practicing with the use of this gadget's feedback??  Embracing absurdity seems to yield the most predictable results.

I have problem with multicam with ipad and couple old iphones as a cameras. I recorded videos and during session videos were great and also synced correctly. Now at the evening I opened FS golf to review my shots and I noticed all videos are missing. All those videos are on ipad camera roll but fs golf won`t find videos? If I import those videos from camera roll by hand those came visible (awfull lot of work and not sure to recognize correct video for particular shot) but if I chose another shot and come back to earlier shot video is missing again.

I have earlier use video option with mevo build in camera without fusion technology and everything has worked correctly. Now link between fs golf app and camera roll seem to be broken.

Really annoying problem. All access settings are correct. I have granted all access to photos to the FS golf app.

2 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

I have problem with multicam with ipad and couple old iphones as a cameras. I recorded videos and during session videos were great and also synced correctly. Now at the evening I opened FS golf to review my shots and I noticed all videos are missing. All those videos are on ipad camera roll but fs golf won`t find videos? If I import those videos from camera roll by hand those came visible (awfull lot of work and not sure to recognize correct video for particular shot) but if I chose another shot and come back to earlier shot video is missing again.

I have earlier use video option with mevo build in camera without fusion technology and everything has worked correctly. Now link between fs golf app and camera roll seem to be broken.

Really annoying problem. All access settings are correct. I have granted all access to photos to the FS golf app.

Flightscope customer service is really good.  Why not give them a call?

2 hours ago, Nels55 said:

Flightscope customer service is really good.  Why not give them a call?

I took contact via chat but they haven`t have any answer for that. 

I tried couple times to open review session again but it didn`t help. So at last I end up closing fs golf app and restart it. After that fs golf found videos and now it is working.

• Like 1

I think that's an Apple issue as I noticed how it was forced to dump all videos in a central location when I was using an iPad. unlike my Android device which did things differently.

Mind you they both suck equally right now as there's no easy way to archive them.

I've been using FSGolf PC exclusively since it was release but now I got 3 sets of data of my progress I want to keep somehow...

Their mobile apps have backup functionality but it mostly dumps to cloud without videos and only works for one platform specifically. 😞

So I went with the Mevo+ 2023 for my garage sim I am assembling. I was wanting to get the Eye Mini, but my son is a lefty so that kinda knocked that idea out due to convenience reasons. I haven't got everything set up yet though. We just moved into our new house a couple months ago so I'm still trying to get everything situated in the garage before I get it all set up, but I am looking very forward to getting it all going. I got everything through FS where they had everything on sale plus a 5% discount so I was able to get the Mevo+ 2023, pro package, face impact, and TGC19 for less than the Eye Mini on sale by itself so I was pretty stoked about that. It also had the FS program for PC at no charge as well. But just a quick question: I am going to use the PC program mainly, but I also have a Samsung phone and tablet. Can I use all devices? Not at the same time (but if I can, I might) but I guess I mean be registered on all of them to use them whenever I want? Thanks for your help!!

image.png.96dfc1a322d2f6ce9ea9b0646a0eba06.png

Cobra LTDx 9º Driver HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.5 

Cobra Radspeed 3wood 14½º Motore X F3 6S

Bullet Ti-Lies 7wood (mid 1990's) Harrison Pro shaft XS

2023 Cobra King Tec Utility 2 iron 17º KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-GW Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105s

Kirkland V2 Wedges

2024 Odyssey AI Cruiser Jailbird

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Standard grips

Kirkland V3 Performance Plus | Callaway ERC soft | Vice Pro/Plus 

52 minutes ago, golf-RN said:

So I went with the Mevo+ 2023 for my garage sim I am assembling. I was wanting to get the Eye Mini, but my son is a lefty so that kinda knocked that idea out due to convenience reasons. I haven't got everything set up yet though. We just moved into our new house a couple months ago so I'm still trying to get everything situated in the garage before I get it all set up, but I am looking very forward to getting it all going. I got everything through FS where they had everything on sale plus a 5% discount so I was able to get the Mevo+ 2023, pro package, face impact, and TGC19 for less than the Eye Mini on sale by itself so I was pretty stoked about that. It also had the FS program for PC at no charge as well. But just a quick question: I am going to use the PC program mainly, but I also have a Samsung phone and tablet. Can I use all devices? Not at the same time (but if I can, I might) but I guess I mean be registered on all of them to use them whenever I want? Thanks for your help!!

I have no idea whether you can use them at the same time, but we initially used ours with our Android phones.  The experience was so unpleasant that we now own our first iPad. As far as I know, all are still "registered" and could still be used. 

"Find and replace" has become "comfortable" now when transferring the data from the FS "cloud" to a spreadsheet and converting the "R's" and "L's" to "+'s" and "-'s". Thanks again for all the spreadsheet help. 

*But*, it doesn't work the same for the "Lateral (yds)" column in that the + or - shows up *after* the number.  You can still sorta "sort" by that column, at least "absolute value"-wise, but it thinks numbers in the teens are smaller than numbers starting with 2-9. 

In my hands, using primarily a 7 iron on a mat with foam balls and a net, those numbers told me that finding a way to control my FTT (face to target angle) was far more important than I had realized. With the feedback this gadget has supplied, I've made far more progress in the past 2 months than in the previous six.

I've also found that, for me, keeping my "path" in a narrow range is *far* more easily accomplished than doing the same with my FTT.  But, largely through trial and error and telling the video camera what my "swing thoughts" were, I've been able to match things up pretty well when reviewing. 

I'm pretty sure that I now have a very good idea about what "failed" when I send one well away from the target.  This was *precisely* my goal when we decided to acquire this "Pro Package".  Even though I still have a "two way miss", I think I know the causes of each - at least for my irons.

This gadget has also caused me to study up on the "not-particularly-intuitive" "new ball flight rules".  I even made up my own little spreadsheet for the nine "flights" - and a few variations, as well, using the numbers for path and FTT of my own shots.  Eye-opening stuff.  I think I can now pretty well tell where I was off on my path/FTT based on the ball flights on the course or range, now, too.  We tested that yesterday on a grass driving range and am now convinced that that's both pretty well the case, *and* that the Mevo+ (usually) gets things right out there. 

Now, it may be that I'm just not looking in the right places, but there seems to be pretty sparse info on YouTube for controlling FTT, and what *is* there is quite inconsistent.  Looked pretty hard at the HackMotion gadget, but have about concluded that it would be of extremely limited use - especially for me and my screwed up right wrist.  Paddy Harrington's take on the subject seems to be about as good as any. 

Oh, and we've gotten pretty consistent of late with using the foot powder spray for locating face contact.  Definitely seems to be worth bothering with, even if you don't "actively and specifically" work towards "fixing" it.  Have found it cool to learn that there are "degrees" and "types" of shanks. 🙂 

Edited by Kevin Bryant
Misspellings and addenda upon further review :-)

3 hours ago, Kevin Bryant said:

I have no idea whether you can use them at the same time, but we initially used ours with our Android phones.  The experience was so unpleasant that we now own our first iPad. As far as I know, all are still "registered" and could still be used. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

image.png.96dfc1a322d2f6ce9ea9b0646a0eba06.png

Cobra LTDx 9º Driver HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.5 

Cobra Radspeed 3wood 14½º Motore X F3 6S

Bullet Ti-Lies 7wood (mid 1990's) Harrison Pro shaft XS

2023 Cobra King Tec Utility 2 iron 17º KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-GW Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105s

Kirkland V2 Wedges

2024 Odyssey AI Cruiser Jailbird

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Standard grips

Kirkland V3 Performance Plus | Callaway ERC soft | Vice Pro/Plus