2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

7 hours ago, Kevin Bryant said:

"Find and replace" has become "comfortable" now when transferring the data from the FS "cloud" to a spreadsheet and converting the "R's" and "L's" to "+'s" and "-'s". Thanks again for all the spreadsheet help. 

*But*, it doesn't work the same for the "Lateral (yds)" column in that the + or - shows up *after* the number.  You can still sorta "sort" by that column, at least "absolute value"-wise, but it thinks numbers in the teens are smaller than numbers starting with 2-9. 

In my hands, using primarily a 7 iron on a mat with foam balls and a net, those numbers told me that finding a way to control my FTT (face to target angle) was far more important than I had realized. With the feedback this gadget has supplied, I've made far more progress in the past 2 months than in the previous six.

I've also found that, for me, keeping my "path" in a narrow range is *far* more easily accomplished than doing the same with my FTT.  But, largely through trial and error and telling the video camera what my "swing thoughts" were, I've been able to match things up pretty well when reviewing. 

I'm pretty sure that I now have a very good idea about what "failed" when I send one well away from the target.  This was *precisely* my goal when we decided to acquire this "Pro Package".  Even though I still have a "two way miss", I think I know the causes of each - at least for my irons.

This gadget has also caused me to study up on the "not-particularly-intuitive" "new ball flight rules".  I even made up my own little spreadsheet for the nine "flights" - and a few variations, as well, using the numbers for path and FTT of my own shots.  Eye-opening stuff.  I think I can now pretty well tell where I was off on my path/FTT based on the ball flights on the course or range, now, too.  We tested that yesterday on a grass driving range and am now convinced that that's both pretty well the case, *and* that the Mevo+ (usually) gets things right out there. 

Now, it may be that I'm just not looking in the right places, but there seems to be pretty sparse info on YouTube for controlling FTT, and what *is* there is quite inconsistent.  Looked pretty hard at the HackMotion gadget, but have about concluded that it would be of extremely limited use - especially for me and my screwed up right wrist.  Paddy Harrington's take on the subject seems to be about as good as any. 

Oh, and we've gotten pretty consistent of late with using the foot powder spray for locating face contact.  Definitely seems to be worth bothering with, even if you don't "actively and specifically" work towards "fixing" it.  Have found it cool to learn that there are "degrees" and "types" of shanks. 🙂 

Yes on the partial shanks.  I see folks hit them quite often without their realizing it.  Obviously a centered strike pattern is best but it is better to be missing a bit towards the toe side then the heel side.  LOL a couple of weeks ago I woke one morning after hitting the ball really well on Mevo+ the previous evening and could not hit the ball anywhere but on the heel.  I did all my usual tricks and nothing worked and it was a long day on the course until I finally got back in synch around the 15th hole.  No idea why that happened...

Edited by Nels55
typo
  • Like 1

Anybody heard any rumors about possible Mevo plus upgrades/add ons coming in 2024? The last two years were the pro package (2022) and face impact (2023). Both revealed at the PGA show in January. Wondering if they can squeeze some more out of this little device or if it’s finally maxed out. A optical solution to solve the spin axis / gear effect issue like the MLM2 potentially? 

56 minutes ago, Nels55 said:

Yes on the partial shanks.  I see folks hit them quite often without their realizing it.  Obviously a centered strike pattern is best but it is better to be missing a bit towards the toe side then the heel side.  LOL a couple of weeks ago I woke one morning after hitting the ball really well on Mevo+ the previous evening and could not the ball anywhere but on the heel.  I did all my usual tricks and nothing worked and it was a long day on the course until I finally got back in synch around the 15th hole.  No idea why that happened...

Not knowing *why* drives me completely nuts! Unacceptable! Interestingly, been trying some different brands of foot spray and so far prefer Equate to Lotrimin. Haven't cracked open the Dr. Scholl's, yet. 🙂 

This mornin's quick outing failed to register the two shanks. 🙂  The excessive fades are pretty reliably cured by what amounts to a bit more "side bend".  The over-drawn ones that didn't show up this morning are generally fixed by trying harder to keep the elbows closer to my body - my "prissy", Colin Montgomerie "feel". 🙂 

FTTs.jpg

16 hours ago, golf-RN said:

So I went with the Mevo+ 2023 for my garage sim I am assembling. I was wanting to get the Eye Mini, but my son is a lefty so that kinda knocked that idea out due to convenience reasons. I haven't got everything set up yet though. We just moved into our new house a couple months ago so I'm still trying to get everything situated in the garage before I get it all set up, but I am looking very forward to getting it all going. I got everything through FS where they had everything on sale plus a 5% discount so I was able to get the Mevo+ 2023, pro package, face impact, and TGC19 for less than the Eye Mini on sale by itself so I was pretty stoked about that. It also had the FS program for PC at no charge as well. But just a quick question: I am going to use the PC program mainly, but I also have a Samsung phone and tablet. Can I use all devices? Not at the same time (but if I can, I might) but I guess I mean be registered on all of them to use them whenever I want? Thanks for your help!!

Once you get things going you will also want to consider pairing up GSPro with the Mevo+.  GSPro is $250 a year and has over 500+ courses including kids golf games.  Way better than the FS Golf App and TGC IMHO.  It does require a PC to run but based on your previous post it appears you already have a pc so, provided your current pc meets the GSPro  requirements you will be good to go.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Like 2

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

I hope they can squeeze some more out of it, makes the ROI even better

12 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Anybody heard any rumors about possible Mevo plus upgrades/add ons coming in 2024? The last two years were the pro package (2022) and face impact (2023). Both revealed at the PGA show in January. Wondering if they can squeeze some more out of this little device or if it’s finally maxed out. A optical solution to solve the spin axis / gear effect issue like the MLM2 potentially? 

What's in my Ping Pioneer cart bag:

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 9* Fujikura Speeder NX 50s

3 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 60s 

7 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 70s 

3 & 4 Hybrid: Ping G430 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 75r

Irons: 5 - PW Mizuno Pro 243 KBS $ Taper 120 shafts

Wedges: Mizuno S23 50 S Grind 54 D grind // Cleveland RTX full-face 2 58*

Putter: LAB DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

ARCCOS 

8 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Once you get things going you will also want to consider pairing up GSPro with the Mevo+.  GSPro is $250 a year and has over 500+ courses including kids golf games.  Way better than the FS Golf App and TGC IMHO.  It does require a PC to run but based on your previous post it appears you already have a pc so, provided your current pc meets the GSPro  requirements you will be good to go.

GSPro is definitely on the menu once I get it set up. I have a MSI gaming desktop with an i7 12700F, RTX3060, 64gb RAM, and 2TB SSD so I think it'll run it pretty good. I know GSPro is pretty graphics heavy, but I can always upgrade the GPU if needed but I think the 3060 should be good for now. Thank you for your information!! I appreciate it!!!!

Edited by golf-RN
can't spell

image.png.96dfc1a322d2f6ce9ea9b0646a0eba06.png

Cobra LTDx 9º Driver HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.5 

Cobra Radspeed 3wood 14½º Motore X F3 6S

Bullet Ti-Lies 7wood (mid 1990's) Harrison Pro shaft XS

2023 Cobra King Tec Utility 2 iron 17º KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-GW Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105s

Kirkland V2 Wedges

2024 Odyssey AI Cruiser Jailbird

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Standard grips

Kirkland V3 Performance Plus | Callaway ERC soft | Vice Pro/Plus 

On 12/23/2023 at 5:41 AM, Kevin Bryant said:

"Find and replace" has become "comfortable" now when transferring the data from the FS "cloud" to a spreadsheet and converting the "R's" and "L's" to "+'s" and "-'s". Thanks again for all the spreadsheet help. 

*But*, it doesn't work the same for the "Lateral (yds)" column in that the + or - shows up *after* the number.  You can still sorta "sort" by that column, at least "absolute value"-wise, but it thinks numbers in the teens are smaller than numbers starting with 2-9. 

In my hands, using primarily a 7 iron on a mat with foam balls and a net, those numbers told me that finding a way to control my FTT (face to target angle) was far more important than I had realized. With the feedback this gadget has supplied, I've made far more progress in the past 2 months than in the previous six.

I've also found that, for me, keeping my "path" in a narrow range is *far* more easily accomplished than doing the same with my FTT.  But, largely through trial and error and telling the video camera what my "swing thoughts" were, I've been able to match things up pretty well when reviewing. 

I'm pretty sure that I now have a very good idea about what "failed" when I send one well away from the target.  This was *precisely* my goal when we decided to acquire this "Pro Package".  Even though I still have a "two way miss", I think I know the causes of each - at least for my irons.

This gadget has also caused me to study up on the "not-particularly-intuitive" "new ball flight rules".  I even made up my own little spreadsheet for the nine "flights" - and a few variations, as well, using the numbers for path and FTT of my own shots.  Eye-opening stuff.  I think I can now pretty well tell where I was off on my path/FTT based on the ball flights on the course or range, now, too.  We tested that yesterday on a grass driving range and am now convinced that that's both pretty well the case, *and* that the Mevo+ (usually) gets things right out there. 

Now, it may be that I'm just not looking in the right places, but there seems to be pretty sparse info on YouTube for controlling FTT, and what *is* there is quite inconsistent.  Looked pretty hard at the HackMotion gadget, but have about concluded that it would be of extremely limited use - especially for me and my screwed up right wrist.  Paddy Harrington's take on the subject seems to be about as good as any. 

Oh, and we've gotten pretty consistent of late with using the foot powder spray for locating face contact.  Definitely seems to be worth bothering with, even if you don't "actively and specifically" work towards "fixing" it.  Have found it cool to learn that there are "degrees" and "types" of shanks. 🙂 

Have had mine for a year now. Completely transformed how i practice. Being able to step out into my backyard for a 45 minute session has also allowed me to make some.needed swing changes. My game has improved because of this device.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 3:50 AM, golf-RN said:

So I went with the Mevo+ 2023 for my garage sim I am assembling. I was wanting to get the Eye Mini, but my son is a lefty so that kinda knocked that idea out due to convenience reasons. I haven't got everything set up yet though. We just moved into our new house a couple months ago so I'm still trying to get everything situated in the garage before I get it all set up, but I am looking very forward to getting it all going. I got everything through FS where they had everything on sale plus a 5% discount so I was able to get the Mevo+ 2023, pro package, face impact, and TGC19 for less than the Eye Mini on sale by itself so I was pretty stoked about that. It also had the FS program for PC at no charge as well. But just a quick question: I am going to use the PC program mainly, but I also have a Samsung phone and tablet. Can I use all devices? Not at the same time (but if I can, I might) but I guess I mean be registered on all of them to use them whenever I want? Thanks for your help!!

Good for you for getting a good deals. I wish I had those but was one of the early adopters... Mind you I finally pulled the trigger on face impact during black friday special. No where near as useful as Pro Package was but kind of nice for finer refinements and explaining odd shots.

You should be able to use them using the FS Golf Camera apps but not sure how great the experience will be.

I'm mostly relying on Dual USB cams now. I don't get high FPS slomos but it's plenty good for most technical work. 

I even started using a third one at the ceiling to show my head movements and found some interesting things about my takeaway..

A never ending journey...

Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, Flightscope is promoting a new "Limited Edition" Mevo+.  From what I can tell, it has a cosmetically new case (I think it still has micro-USB instead of USB-C) and comes preloaded with Pro Package and Face Impact.  Price is $3,499.

But current 2023 Mevo+ ($1,869) with Pro Package ($799) and Face Impact ($399) = $3,067

So . . . $432 for new pretty case?

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

Edit - E6 courses Pebble Beach and the Old Course at St Andrews now included. Also full PC and iOS access. Worth $400? Questionable to me. 

One thing is clear - M+ is apparently maxed out. Nothing new to help with spin axis or use the camera more to help  with limited flight weaknesses. 

Edited by Dan13
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

So, Flightscope is promoting a new "Limited Edition" Mevo+.  From what I can tell, it has a cosmetically new case (I think it still has micro-USB instead of USB-C) and comes preloaded with Pro Package and Face Impact.  Price is $3,499.

But current 2023 Mevo+ ($1,869) with Pro Package ($799) and Face Impact ($399) = $3,067

So . . . $432 for new pretty case?

Am I missing something?

Looks like something with e6 software for life instead of 250 per year ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CardsChamps11 said:

I have the Mevo + and the BLP and for some reason I cannot get swing path to read anywhere close to each other. Does anyone who has both, have this problem? I'm sure it's user error but I use the camera alignment and the put the BLP rod at the same spot and get different numbers on path. 

Uh oh. Are they consistently off by about the same amounts? Are one or both not matching up with what the ball flight is telling you? Do they report consistently close FTT's?  Worrisome stuff.

15 hours ago, CardsChamps11 said:

I have the Mevo + and the BLP and for some reason I cannot get swing path to read anywhere close to each other. Does anyone who has both, have this problem? I'm sure it's user error but I use the camera alignment and the put the BLP rod at the same spot and get different numbers on path. 

10 hours ago, Kevin Bryant said:

Uh oh. Are they consistently off by about the same amounts? Are one or both not matching up with what the ball flight is telling you? Do they report consistently close FTT's?  Worrisome stuff.

Wouldn't worry about it. BLP/GC3 path numbers are not accurate at all and laughable in many cases. I don't question the BLP/GC3 ball data but it will constantly show path numbers that make zero sense. For example it will show a 5 degree in to out path on a pull slice... I mean come on!

Mevo+ spin axis can be wrong on extreme off center strikes but I've never seen anything that makes me question the path and face data. It's as accurate as Trackman and more than good enough to use for swing changes.

• Like 4

Questions for those who have sent their out-of-warranty Mevo+ in to Flightscope for review after contacting customer care:

1. What was the issue?
  2. How long was the turnaround?
  3. What was the cost, and did you think it was fair considering the issue?

My issue is that I purchased Face Impact when it was originally released, and it has never worked. Literally, not one single time.  

Initially, I got the “not enough light” error message, even when there was more than enough light (I use my Mevo+ exclusively outside on a full flight range with premium balls. I was getting the error on bright days where a light meter detected way more than the minimum required light.) But because everyone else was having the same issue, I just waited for a resolution. Now, many months later, I just get “Face Impact was not detected for the selected shot” for every shot, regardless of the club.  

I’ve tried turning off Advanced Fusion Tracking as some have suggested but, on my iPad (iPad Pro M2), the AFT button is always in the off position. Even after I tap the button. Oddly, the button works fine on my iPhone (15 Pro Max) and turns the AFT on/off correctly.  

Flightscope wants me to send the unit in “for a camera assessment” and pay shipping both ways in addition to any repairs.  Wondering if it is worth it.

Other than the Face Impact issue, everything seems to work fine.  I’ve put my Mevo+ next to Trackman 4 and GCQuads in several occasions, and the numbers seem completely reasonable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, Dan13 said:

I know this is an old post, but there are some videos from the PGA show talking about new features coming this year. The shot tracer functionality looks cool. The AI Badger feature looks interesting. It seemed pretty basic to begin, but they mentioned it would improve over time. It sounds like it could be useful to quickly get information about your numbers.

They didn’t mention any dates, but they said later in 2024. I think it’s cool that they continue to release new functionality for this device. It does look like the pace for new launch monitor tech is slowing down. Most of the “new” releases this year were based off of existing products. I just hope FS doesn’t go down the path of others and start looking at subscriptions for new features.

19 hours ago, absoludicrous said:

I know this is an old post, but there are some videos from the PGA show talking about new features coming this year. The shot tracer functionality looks cool. The AI Badger feature looks interesting. It seemed pretty basic to begin, but they mentioned it would improve over time. It sounds like it could be useful to quickly get information about your numbers.

They didn’t mention any dates, but they said later in 2024. I think it’s cool that they continue to release new functionality for this device. It does look like the pace for new launch monitor tech is slowing down. Most of the “new” releases this year were based off of existing products. I just hope FS doesn’t go down the path of others and start looking at subscriptions for new features.

Agreed. I don’t think FS will go the subscription route. The software upgrades are not what I was hoping for but still cool. I suspect the one I would use the most is the environmental optimizer. I will totally spend time looking at how different wind directions or temperatures affected my carry distances. The pro’s have that information down cold but to have access to that level of detail is really cool. 

I was hoping FS might come out with some driver and/or spin axis improvements.  Those are really the only things left to improve on data wise. Finding a way to actually measure spin axis optically (like MLM 2?) and adjusting their driver algorithms. There are a lot of examples of short driver carry numbers out there. 

Isn’t the spin axis limitation coming from being a radar based monitor? I agree that they would need to be able to utilize the existing camera to help somehow. I’m not sure how much more the one built in could help since it wasn’t originally intended for that use. 

It would be nice though if they could come up with something that could help. That would be a big improvement. 

I forgot about the environmental changes as well. I will take as many new features as they’re willing to throw at us. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, absoludicrous said:

Isn’t the spin axis limitation coming from being a radar based monitor? I agree that they would need to be able to utilize the existing camera to help somehow. I’m not sure how much more the one built in could help since it wasn’t originally intended for that use. 

It would be nice though if they could come up with something that could help. That would be a big improvement. 

I forgot about the environmental changes as well. I will take as many new features as they’re willing to throw at us. 😀

Yes. Spin axis is a limitation of radar in limited flight. Flightscope has used the camera for so much was hoping they could squeeze out some spin axis help from it as well. Would require a dot pattern on the ball like MLM 2 - which I’d be fine with. 

11 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Yes. Spin axis is a limitation of radar in limited flight. Flightscope has used the camera for so much was hoping they could squeeze out some spin axis help from it as well. Would require a dot pattern on the ball like MLM 2 - which I’d be fine with. 

The camera is already being used to help with spin axis by measuring impact location as part of the fusion tracking update. Currently spin axis looks to be VERY accurate on center strikes but can be suspect because of gear effect on off center hits with woods, hybrids and large GI irons. The fusion tracking update definitely improved spin axis on off center strikes but the camera isn't powerful enough to reliably see spin so I don't think any further accuracy increases are possible.

The good news is that you can feel if you hit the ball off center with a driver and can tell to a good degree of accuracy if the spin axis reading is close or not. Again, on centered strikes I think the spin axis is extremely accurate throughout the bag.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

The camera is already being used to help with spin axis by measuring impact location as part of the fusion tracking update. Currently spin axis looks to be VERY accurate on center strikes but can be suspect because of gear effect on off center hits with woods, hybrids and large GI irons. The fusion tracking update definitely improved spin axis on off center strikes but the camera isn't powerful enough to reliably see spin so I don't think any further accuracy increases are possible.

The good news is that you can feel if you hit the ball off center with a driver and can tell to a good degree of accuracy if the spin axis reading is close or not. Again, on centered strikes I think the spin axis is extremely accurate throughout the bag.

I generally agree. Looking at some head to head spin axis comparisons with camera based units the spin axis direction with irons is very good. Correct direction and very similar amount of curvature with some small differences. This is likely due to the tolerances of the face and path angles which are generally within a degree of reality. 

With woods and more gear effect in play it gets a little harder. Off center strikes plus the face and path tolerances can result in some significant spin axis differences. 

All that said I think as a training tool (not for simulation) Mevo Plus is the best value out there (assuming proper setup and an interference free area). 

Will be interesting to see the next version of the M+. A MLM 2 and Mevo + baby seems doable. 

• Like 4

So if someone is most interested in club path and face data, would you recommend BLP or Mevo+ in that price range? Thanks!

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

14 hours ago, absoludicrous said:

What does your setup look like? Indoor or Outdoor? How much distance do you have? Mevo+ works great if you have the right environment. 

looking for outdoor on the range mostly.

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black