2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

1 hour ago, tte720 said:

All of these new LM offerings seem underwhelming between limited data, subscriptions, etc. mevo+ looking more and more like a good deal.

have had skytrak for several years now but starting to look into a replacement.  I’ve been hesitant to look into radar devices for indoors.  I’m rethinking that stance after looking at all the data mevo+ provides. I think I have the space for it - 8 feet from ball to screen (could maybe extend to 9) and plenty of room behind the tee to device. 

I don’t think I have high enough ball speed for that to be an issue (140s-150s). i don’t really care about putting on the sim but do like to work on short wedge distances.  Most important factor for me is going to be accuracy, especially HLA.  This where I’m finding the skytrak falling short and ready for a more accurate device. 

What do y’all think? Enough space for it to work accurately?

take a look at new sky trak plus that was just announced. Looks to have everything you may want without the space requirements. 

1 hour ago, GolfANA said:

take a look at new sky trak plus that was just announced. Looks to have everything you may want without the space requirements. 

Yeah I’m looking to leave the skytrak family. Shot delay + limited hitting area + missing data (no AoA, low point, etc). Will also have a yearly subscription for simulation. Trying to avoid that.

if I can make Mevo+ work that would be the optimal replacement for the price 

Edited by tte720
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 10:03 AM, tte720 said:

All of these new LM offerings seem underwhelming between limited data, subscriptions, etc. mevo+ looking more and more like a good deal.

have had skytrak for several years now but starting to look into a replacement.  I’ve been hesitant to look into radar devices for indoors.  I’m rethinking that stance after looking at all the data mevo+ provides. I think I have the space for it - 8 feet from ball to screen (could maybe extend to 9) and plenty of room behind the tee to device. 

I don’t think I have high enough ball speed for that to be an issue (140s-150s). i don’t really care about putting on the sim but do like to work on short wedge distances.  Most important factor for me is going to be accuracy, especially HLA.  This where I’m finding the skytrak falling short and ready for a more accurate device. 

What do y’all think? Enough space for it to work accurately?

Yes. You have enough space. Thr more space from mat to net the better for accuracy on the longer clubs. But you won't have issues with irons with what you've noted for your setup.

• Like 1

Wow its been a while since I posted, but been lurking and still playing.

Hey GolfWRX I got a PSA for you all....

I bought both the FS Golf PC upgrade ($99) & the E6 connect 10 course upgrade ($150.00).  I was originally using an Ipad Air 4, and been working good but wanted a dedicated setup.

The biggest issues is what is needed to run them.

E6 connect is the heavy user and this is their requirements.  a 1070 is a pretty damn beefy card for it, but tried some things out.

(required) 

Intel i5 Processor.

8GB RAM.

Nvidia 1070 Graphics Card or equivalent (Dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 Support)

25GB of Hard Drive Space.

Windows 10 64-bit (Required)

Internet Connection (Required)

I had an old Dell optiplex mirco PC, with intergrated HD 2500 graphics.  Tried it....it didnt work was horrible. stutters and lock ups... 

I had some Old PC stuff lying around and thought I would give it a shot.

1) old B450 Mother board (AM4)

2) Ryzen 3 2200g (with integrated Vega 8 graphics)

3) 32 gigs of crappy DDR4 2666mhz ram

4) back up 500w PSU

5) Bought a used ATX case ($45)

6) cloned the Dell on an extra M.2 drive (250gig)

I am pleased to say that the Ryzen 3 2200g with the integrated graphics WORKS!!!  (note its only at 1280 x 1040 currently) Update, have been able to run Full HD 1920x1080 for weeks, stable no lock ups.

going one by and sorting things out... but at the least it runs with no hiccups. Hope to get it up to 1920x 180 but we shall see.

I tried to run it on 16gigs but noticed its a little choppy, heard that more ram helps the onboard so stuffed the extra 2 sticks I had for 32gigs and it is running fine.  its not super pretty but if you just want to get it running, you dont have to spend $150+ for a blah Video card..... I was on the fence trying to figure a card, take my current gaming card RTX2060 and upgrade this, stuff the RTX2060 in the setup, but was thinking I dont want to spend $350+ for another card....  Or try to buy some equivalent to run it but used stuff was still $150 at minimum. 

Anyways..... dont get sucked into a $200+ graphics card...try see what you got first. Might be surprised!

GL!

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

15 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

I bought both the FS Golf PC upgrade ($99) & the E6 connect 10 course upgrade ($150.00).  I was originally using an Ipad Air 4, and been working good but wanted a dedicated setup.

E6 connect is the heavy user and this is their requirements.  a 1070 is a pretty damn beefy card for it, but tried some things out.

(required) 

Intel i5 Processor.

8GB RAM.

I had an old Dell optiplex mirco PC, with intergarted HD 2500 graphics.  Tried it....it didnt work was horrible. stutters and lock ups... 

4) back up 500w PSU

I am pleased to say that the Ryzen 3 2200g with the integrated graphics WORKS!!!  (note its only at 1280 x 1040 currently)

going one by and sorting things out... but at the least it runs with no hiccups. Hope to get it up to 1920x 180 but we shall see.

I tried to run it on 16gigs but noticed its a little choppy, heard that more ram helps the onboard so stuffed the extra 2 sticks I had for 32gigs and it is running fine.  its not super pretty but if you just want to get it running, you dont have to spend $150+ for a blah Video card..... I was on the fence trying to figure a card, take my current gaming card RTX2060 and upgrade this, stuff the RTX2060 in the setup, but was thinking I dont want to spend $350+ for another card....  Or try to buy some equivalent to run it but used stuff was still $150 at minimum. 

Anyways..... dont get sucked into a $200+ graphics card...try see what you got first. Might be surprised!

GL!

Quick update,  Changed my Monitor to the primary screen,  Ran E6 at 1920x 1080 full HD,  Played for about half an hour with zero issues, no stutters.

Not going to lie, it looks WAY better, clearer and more vibrant of a PC rather than the laptop!.

Nice!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

15 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

(required) 

Intel i5 Processor.

8GB RAM.

I had an old Dell optiplex mirco PC, with intergarted HD 2500 graphics.  Tried it....it didnt work was horrible. stutters and lock ups... 

4) back up 500w PSU

I am pleased to say that the Ryzen 3 2200g with the integrated graphics WORKS!!!  (note its only at 1280 x 1040 currently)

GL!

If you went that route with a PC I would have gone with GSPro ($250) over e6 ($150).  Way more and better courses for the money.

GSPro:

Recommended minimum hardware for 1080p play:

4GB free space
GTX 970
8GB memory
Stable internet Connection
Ethernet port and/or BT depending on Launch Monitor

Recommended hardware for a great 1080p experience:

10GB free space
RTX 3060ti GPU
16GB memory

Recommended hardware for a great 4k experience:

10GB free space
RTX 3080 GPU
16GB memory

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

3 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

If you went that route with a PC I would have gone with GSPro ($250) over e6 ($150).  Way more and better courses for the money.

GSPro:

Recommended minimum hardware for 1080p play:

4GB free space
GTX 970
8GB memory
Stable internet Connection
Ethernet port and/or BT depending on Launch Monitor

Recommended hardware for a great 1080p experience:

10GB free space
RTX 3060ti GPU
16GB memory

Recommended hardware for a great 4k experience:

10GB free space
RTX 3080 GPU
16GB memory

So I have been weighing this, my biggest issue is cost. I am VERY budget minded.

GSpro is $250/ year subscription

E6 is a one time $150 forever.

The subscription vs 1 time fee was the biggest choice.  Same reason I bought the Mevo+ over Skytrack & BLP

From there the graphics on GSPro is no doubt much better, but again, now looking at a full blown gaming comp, which to me I was not willing to go as I had an Ipad that was working just fine.

I had a bunch of leftover parts so I figured I could see what I could squeeze.

As you mentioned above, the RTX3060ti alone is a $400+ GPU.  for a comp that I would use 1 hour every other day at most?  I spent $100 for the PSU & Case,  everything else I had leftovers. if I had to spec this budget PC, no more than $300.

I would rather put the RTX3060ti in my Gaming comp that I play daily.

anyways....those trying to squeeze every dollar can rest easy that at minimum the Vega 8 intergraded graphics card works!  A dedicated GPU is not required at minimum. (like the specs say)

Assuming anything GPU greater than the Vega 8 should work, RX 460 or GTX1050 (sub $100 gpus)

Thought I would share, the findings.

• Like 2

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

So I have been weighing this, my biggest issue is cost. I am VERY budget minded.

The subscription vs 1 time fee was the biggest choice.  Same reason I bought the Mevo+ over Skytrack & BLP

From there the graphics on GSPro is no doubt much better, but again, now looking at a full blown gaming comp, which to me I was not willing to go as I had an Ipad that was working just fine.

As you mentioned above, the RTX3060ti alone is a $400+ GPU.  for a comp that I would use 1 hour every other day at most?  I spent $100 for the PSU & Case,  everything else I had leftovers. if I had to spec this budget PC, no more than $300.

anyways....those trying to squeeze every dollar can rest easy that at minimum the Vega 8 intergraded graphics card works!  A dedicated GPU is not required at minimum. (like the specs say)

Assuming anything GPU greater than the Vega 8 should work, RX 460 or GTX1050 (sub $100 gpus)

I wish GSPro offered a 3 or 6 month subscription because I use my Mevo+ about half the year here in Michigan. I’d be more inclined to get it if they offered that as a choice. Otherwise I’ll just stick to my one time payment for the E6 license.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, Exactice808 said:

I get you wanting to conserve expenses. We all do, 😉 but man if you can swing it i would highly recommend gspro.  Get a trial license for it to see for yourself how much better it is. I’m sure if you did, you would some how find that $250 a year for it. 😉   

As a FYI, I’m running just a normal 3060 and it runs gspro just fine.  So, there is a little wiggle room with those above specs.

PXG 0317 X

On 5/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I get you wanting to conserve expenses. We all do, 😉 but man if you can swing it i would highly recommend gspro.  Get a trial license for it to see for yourself how much better it is. I’m sure if you did, you would some how find that $250 a year for it. 😉   

As a FYI, I’m running just a normal 3060 and it runs gspro just fine.  So, there is a little wiggle room with those above specs.

Hey!  Totally get it. So again like a Project Car..... Home Sims can be the biggest money pit LOL!

GSpro no matter how nice it is, with the best video card will still look like, you know what without a good projector & Screen.  

Keep in mind the budget building and limited cost for functionality.

I have been building with the greatest cost vs functionality, rather then beauty and quality in mind.

Starting off with a used BenQ 819st that was $59 used on the bay, got a bulb for $30, to say the least, it "worked" but ughhh....  I moved on the a used $400 Optoma GT1080 which has been great up to this point.  Going from the Ipad to the PC the quality is even better. BUT its not a super bright high def Projector,  I would need to move up to a minimum $1,000 projector.

Basically my point. If I move to GSpro, its another rabbit hole and likely would cost me $1,500 to $2,000 more compared to a simple $150 software and $100 misc  PC parts.

I practice 1-3 a week about 1 hour a day.  Thats a hellava value as a whole.

anyways... if people got money GO for it. But if you are budget minded like me, you can still be budget minded.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Hey!  Totally get it. So again like a Project Car..... Home Sims can be the biggest money pit LOL!

GSpro no matter how nice it is, with the best video card will still look like, you know what without a good projector & Screen.  

I have been building with the greatest cost vs functionality, rather then beauty and quality in mind.

Starting off with a used BenQ 819st that was $59 used on the bay, got a bulb for $30, to say the least, it "worked" but ughhh....  I moved on the a used $400 Optoma GT1080 which has been great up to this point.  Going from the Ipad to the PC the quality is even better. BUT its not a super bright high def Projector,  I would need to move up to a minimum $1,000 projector.

Basically my point. If I move to GSpro, its another rabbit hole and likely would cost me $1,500 to $2,000 more compared to a simple $150 software and $100 misc  PC parts.

anyways... if people got money GO for it. But if you are budget minded like me, you can still be budget minded.

I also definitely agree with Sons_of_Pitches.  GSPro cost vs value is awesome.  Compared to E6, there is no comparison.  BTW, I just use a standard i5 Desktop computer that has a cheap 1560 card in it.  Works great on standard HD computer screen.  (no projector and screen here).  With GSPro, I get hundreds of courses and can literally play a new course every day of the year.  Including Oakmont, Augusta, Pebble,Torrey pines, and many more.  Just saying, it's completely worth it.  

22 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

Well, I would say you don’t need a screen or projector to enjoy gspro.  I use a 17” laptop hitting into a net return v2 setup and have no intention of installing a projector or screen.  I use my sim everyday and it has been super helpful in helping me get to a single digit hcp.  To your point you can still be budget conscious or go hog wild on your SIM - totally up to you. The value is all in what you want it to be! Just my .02

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PXG 0317 X

3 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Well, I would say you don’t need a screen or projector to enjoy gspro.  I use a 17” laptop hitting into a net return v2 setup and have no intention of installing a projector or screen.  I use my sim everyday and it has been super helpful in helping me get to a single digit hcp.  To your point you can still be budget conscious or go hog wild on your SIM - totally up to you. The value is all in what you want it to be! Just my .02

Noticed you are from Nevada, Vegas?

Is you setup indoors or garage, asking because we are setting one up in the garage in Vegas, and worried about the summer heat and how to deal with that.

Thanks. 

20 hours ago, HulaGolfMom said:

Noticed you are from Nevada, Vegas?

Is you setup indoors or garage, asking because we are setting one up in the garage in Vegas, and worried about the summer heat and how to deal with that.

Thanks. 

In my garage.  It does get hot, but in the summer I have an industrial fan I use that I got from HD (24” around 7700 CFM on high) that blows right on the hitter.  It is loud but functional.

• Like 1

PXG 0317 X

9 hours ago, airspeed23 said:

I noticed they have a 30 day return policy, but software including the pro package can't be returned. So if you bought the mevo+ and pro package but want to return it, you are still stuck with the $1,000 software that can't be used? Seems extreme.

I believe the point of the return policy is to be able to test the basics to ensure it will work in your intended environment and if it doesn't to get your money back.  If it does great, then keep it and move to looking at purchasing the pro package.  You know what you're getting with the pro package so no real need to test it first.  Just my .02....   

• Like 1

PXG 0317 X

On 5/16/2023 at 10:50 PM, Sons_of_Pitches said:

In my garage.  It does get hot, but in the summer I have an industrial fan I use that I got from HD (24” around 7700 CFM on high) that blows right on the hitter.  It is loud but functional.

Have you used that fan with the mevo+ yet? I think there's a warning about fans in the mevo+ product documentation. 

17 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Have you used that fan with the mevo+ yet? I think there's a warning about fans in the mevo+ product documentation. 

Yep, use it all the time in the summer. Going on 2 yrs using it with my Mevo+.  I even have a refrigerator sitting to the left of the Mevo+. I play sim golf using gspro all the time and have had 0 issues with my setup.

PXG 0317 X

On 5/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Thanks for the reply. We just got the 2023 Mevo+ and pro package. We have the minimum 8 ft. Mevo to ball and 8’ ball flight for now. We have to make a few mods to the garage (like get a wall mount garage door opener) and get some sort of fan system going and we’ll be all set.

18 hours ago, HulaGolfMom said:

Thanks for the reply. We just got the 2023 Mevo+ and pro package. We have the minimum 8 ft. Mevo to ball and 8’ ball flight for now. We have to make a few mods to the garage (like get a wall mount garage door opener) and get some sort of fan system going and we’ll be all set.

Awesome.  Your going to love it.  Just make sure you get a good hitting mat.  Otherwise may experience some joint issues.  I went with a fliberbuilt grass mat but then recently replaced the hitting strip with one made by a company called Bullseye Sim Golf.  I thought the Fiberbuilt strip was good but the bullseye is even better.  Good luck!

PXG 0317 X

I've been using my Mevo+ for about 6 months and never had any issues and no changes to my set up. I generally use RCT balls that get measured, and when I would switch to a standard ball with no stickers or no RCT ball, it would give me italics as expected. But recently it always shows me a "measured" reading and never shows italics when I switch to a regular ball... has anyone seen this or heard about this? I highly doubt my unit recently started reading every ball's spin. This is concerning me because I can't trust if any of my spin numbers are real now. My driver #'s specifically look way off.. showing ~3200 to 3400 spin very often when a few weeks ago it would show around 2200. 

6 hours ago, brjenkins4 said:

I've been using my Mevo+ for about 6 months and never had any issues and no changes to my set up. I generally use RCT balls that get measured, and when I would switch to a standard ball with no stickers or no RCT ball, it would give me italics as expected. But recently it always shows me a "measured" reading and never shows italics when I switch to a regular ball... has anyone seen this or heard about this? I highly doubt my unit recently started reading every ball's spin. This is concerning me because I can't trust if any of my spin numbers are real now. My driver #'s specifically look way off.. showing ~3200 to 3400 spin very often when a few weeks ago it would show around 2200. 

Are you changing the ball setting in the Mevo+ as well?  Also, how many shots are you hitting for testing purposes?  I just did a quick 15 ball session and I did get estimated spin when hitting normal ball with no metallic dot.  Even hit a few when RCT ball was selected with no metallic dot and those were italicized.  Driver with Mevo+ has always been goofy at least in my experience. Hope this helps.

PXG 0317 X

11 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Are you changing the ball setting in the Mevo+ as well?  Also, how many shots are you hitting for testing purposes?  I just did a quick 15 ball session and I did get estimated spin when hitting normal ball with no metallic dot.  Even hit a few when RCT ball was selected with no metallic dot and those were italicized.  Driver with Mevo+ has always been goofy at least in my experience. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I have tried changing the ball settings as well. It's really strange because it just started doing this very recently. I think my firmware updated a couple weeks ago, so I am not sure if they changed something there? It's a little frustrating because every time I hit a standard ball with no sticker/RCT it would give me italics 99% of the time and now its 0%. I know this seems like an odd complaint, but I just can't imagine its reading every shot now, so I don't trust the numbers I am getting now. 

I've also been getting better actual readings with a normal ball with no sticker but not 0%. Spin still gives me italics and that's what I'm working on the most at the moment.

The number seem very accurate to what I'm used to seeing (obviously not spin). The metal dot is still needed.

I'm testing different "patterns" of the metal dot. Saw a guy on YT cut out the RCT's Y shape out of the metal dot sheet (thru a bunch of dots) and got better numbers. That's next for me.

Tried 2 dots, One below the other. Once hit a 15y wedge. Read 75y and flew the green in my sim. So...that pattern didn't work! Next...

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 10:19 PM, athill1 said:

Does anyone have their Mevo setup a few inches higher than your mat / ball?  Im just on the edge of being too close unit to mat, but I have another 3 feet behind in my garage on a 2-3 inch step up. Would placing up higher work or cause all kinds of issues?

I’m pretty sure I noticed this very thing today. I have my mevo+ on a stand which put it about 3/4 of an inch higher than my mat since it was all level without the stand.  I noticed my distances are all way low lately. Checked some numbers and noticed aoa was upwards of positive 5/6 with irons. My 7 iron vertical launch was over 30 as well. Very odd since I’ve used stand for months and no issue. Took it off and hit some without it and aoa now negative and more distance. Unfortunately I’ve had a red blinking light problem with unit off and now the ssid isn’t broadcasting so it’s going back for the second time. When I get it back I’ll test more but this has been driving me nuts. 

• 2 weeks later...