2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

On 3/15/2023 at 10:43 AM, sshadow2 said:

Generally I agree. But my setup is outdoor into a net. I have a gaming pc in my office and thinking of ways to run a monitor outside from it. But until then, 10 courses that I can run on either the pc or the iPad is better for me.

Once I know my idea works, then GSPro is my goal too...

No idea.

fyi, if you want to extend your PC's reach, I used a pair of HDMI/USB-over-ethernet transceivers to allow me to extend my gaming machine (in basement) to the garage. complete with mouse and keyboard. works flawlessly. Just had to run a ethernet cable to garage. Not sure if it's as practical for outdoors but it's an option..

that's the one I used: https://www.avaccess.com/products/4kip100-kvm/

• Like 1

I have a Mevo+ on the way, it is supposed to get here next week.  I used Skytrak for the last 6 years and I have been pretty happy with it.  It does give some goofy readings and if I use a surlyn ball on it the distances reported are crazy long.  I think that the spin calculations are messed up.  When I first got it shots in the short iron though wedge range were severely under reported for distance but now after many software upgrades they seem a bit over reported.  Also it misses a lot of shots. 

I am hoping that Mevo+ will do better.  I will use it inside in limited space so I am hoping for the best.  I will use the dots and also upgrade to the pro package if it looks like the unit works fairly well.  I will run it on a decent quality gaming pc.   

Any advice on setup or use would be much appreciated!

On 3/17/2023 at 8:23 AM, VoodooZ said:

fyi, if you want to extend your PC's reach, I used a pair of HDMI/USB-over-ethernet transceivers to allow me to extend my gaming machine (in basement) to the garage. complete with mouse and keyboard. works flawlessly. Just had to run a ethernet cable to garage. Not sure if it's as practical for outdoors but it's an option..

that's the one I used: https://www.avaccess.com/products/4kip100-kvm/

Will definitely look into this thank you!

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

2 hours ago, GolfANA said:

For any long time owners, is there anything I should be weary of if I’m considering purchasing a used mevo plus unit off of eBay? I will be using it indoors hitting into a net about 10 feet away and near an electrical outlet. 

I purchased a used one on Ebay and it arrived and did not function properly. Somehow, the power button was broken. I would recommend just buying one from flightscope. They will have you as a purchaser within their system and they have a 10 month warranty to help cover most issues.

This is just my bad experience, you likely won't have any issues. I just ended up purchasing one from flightscope directly though and I would recommend going that route.

Anyone else notice that with Advance Fusion Tracking turned on that Low Point data is garbage? Most of the time for me the low point is way overstated to the unit. For my Driver, I can rarely if ever get a negative Low Point reading. Turn off AFT and Low Point looks like what I typically expect to see. Flightscope Support says they are aware of the problem and looking to fix in an upcoming firmware release...

On 3/21/2023 at 11:47 PM, eBoon said:

Anyone else notice that with Advance Fusion Tracking turned on that Low Point data is garbage? Most of the time for me the low point is way overstated to the unit. For my Driver, I can rarely if ever get a negative Low Point reading. Turn off AFT and Low Point looks like what I typically expect to see. Flightscope Support says they are aware of the problem and looking to fix in an upcoming firmware release...

I have issues with driver club head speed and ballspeed with advanced fusion tracking on. Directly when switching it of everythink is back to normal. Impossible to get past 1.46 smash with advanced on.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Clifford said:

downloaded new FSGOLF update ver 7.5.0. Is it ok to update the mevo+ or should i leave it alone?? I have not updated the last firmware either with all the horror stories.

Horror stories?!?! Those are totally normal because of Wifi defaulting to your house WIFI once the radar reboots..

I've been updating mine for 3 years without a single issue.

Just helped a buddy setup his brand new one and he did run into similar issue but after a while we just power cycled the radar and all was good again. 

The trick is learn the LED colour pattern to know when it's operating or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a wedge challenge on flightscope mevo +, is there anyway to view the shots and results where it’s not the table? Right now all we see is this, and I want to get the results shot by shot or in a table form, or like the ball marked on a target bullseye. Is that possible, or is this the only view we have?70251995068__2C5AB461-5F8D-4DE8-80F4-2FE0DC361BC1.jpeg.9f9a8c12391643917658c2d0cb323fd1.jpeg

I don’t know what’s going on, but I cannot get consistent distances anymore with the Mevo+. Doesn’t matter if it’s limited flight or out door. It would be one thing if they were close to each other but they aren’t.  I know my distances and are 10 yards off that at its closest. As someone said above, low point all messed up. Getting real annoyed with this thing 

15 hours ago, Mobert19 said:

I don’t know what’s going on, but I cannot get consistent distances anymore with the Mevo+. Doesn’t matter if it’s limited flight or out door. It would be one thing if they were close to each other but they aren’t.  I know my distances and are 10 yards off that at its closest. As someone said above, low point all messed up. Getting real annoyed with this thing 

I just updated to the latest and greatest (iOS app 7.7.0 / pc 20.2.30) and my distances are spot on. I’m using limited flight with 8’ from Mevo+ to ball and 10’ to net.  That said, I currently only use the pc app when I do use FS Golf  since moving to GSPro.  What type of ball are you using and have selected in the app?  I personally only really use indoors and use RCT balls.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

7 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I just updated to the latest and greatest (iOS app 7.7.0 / pc 20.2.30) and my distances are spot on. I’m using limited flight with 8’ from Mevo+ to ball and 10’ to net.  That said, I currently only use the pc app when I do use FS Golf  since moving to GSPro.  What type of ball are you using and have selected in the app?  I personally only really use indoors and use RCT balls.

Setup Mevo 8’ from ball and 14’ to net. RTC balls only.  Using the app on my iPhone. 

5 hours ago, Oaks_North_Lifer said:

I’m curious to see how the Mevo plus w/ RCTs holds up to the mlm pro 2 in terms of spin accuracy. Is anyone considering switching mlm pro 2?

Well I started out ordering the MLM2, and after looking into it further decided to get the Mevo+. I am sooooo impressed with this unit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oaks_North_Lifer said:

I’m curious to see how the Mevo plus w/ RCTs holds up to the mlm pro 2 in terms of spin accuracy. Is anyone considering switching mlm pro 2?

I’m not. If I was looking for PLM for first time and I played a lot of sim golf I would be very tempted. M+ is such a great training tool with everything it provides. Good inside, very good outside. It’s just the spin axis in limited flight that MLM 2 has over it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tacticalpanda said:

I’m considering getting one but only have ~16.5’ total hitting length in my garage.  If I use RCT balls will I get decent data, or is this space a few feet too short?

Based on my experience (although with metallic dots, not RCT balls) that should be enough distance. 8 ft from tee to net and 8 ft from device to tee. Just one thing to consider:

-The back of your net will likely be up against the wall of your garage so you’ll have to find a way to stop it from hitting the wall, bouncing back, etc.

I have got my mevo+ and have been using it for a few weeks now.  Overall I am pretty happy with it but I was ready to send it back a couple of times.  LOL a couple of phone conversations with a service guy and things seem to be under control.  It definitely has a lot of nice features and I believe that the accuracy is better than skytrak by a fair amount.  It does seem to want to be rebooted fairly often and the fact that I cannot reboot it while it is plugged into the charger is kind of stupid and should really not happen but it's okay.  LOL I used to run black box testing so I understand how stuff like that can happen.

I am glad that it has the camera feature but I wish that the drawing and playback were better.  Swing Catalyst is a lot better in that area.  It's kind of cool that I can use focus band with it but I have not played around with that feature very much yet.  I am using a pc and I have two monitors so I would really like to break the output into two windows so I could see all of the data, video and ball flight at once.  

Anyway, it seems pretty powerful for the price so if it keeps working for a number years I will be happy.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 8:12 PM, Dan13 said:

I’m not. If I was looking for PLM for first time and I played a lot of sim golf I would be very tempted. M+ is such a great training tool with everything it provides. Good inside, very good outside. It’s just the spin axis in limited flight that MLM 2 has over it. 

Confirming, the M+ spin axis is questionable with RCT Balls or dialed in and should be just as trust worthy as MLM 2 Pro?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

I was having trouble with the battery discharging while using the unit with it connected to the power supply brick.  This video helped me figure out how to keep it charging while in use:

I guess that everyone else here already knows this but it was a bit of a breakthrough for me.  LOL

4 hours ago, Nels55 said:

I was having trouble with the battery discharging while using the unit with it connected to the power supply brick.  This video helped me figure out how to keep it charging while in use:

I guess that everyone else here already knows this but it was a bit of a breakthrough for me.  LOL

I've never done anything but plug it in. Works even if it's 1% and I'm in the middle of playing a round.

5 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Confirming, the M+ spin axis is questionable with RCT Balls or dialed in and should be just as trust worthy as MLM 2 Pro?

M+ with RCT balls indoors/limited flight:

Spin - excellent. Measuring it. 

Spin axis - Good with irons, can struggle with woods due to gear effect. Calculating it, not measuring it directly. 

MLM’s “claim to fame” is measuring spin axis indoors with a $700 unit. To do it accurately - even at high ball speeds - you’d previously have to go all the way to BLP or GC3.

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

M+ with RCT balls indoors/limited flight:

Spin - excellent. Measuring it. 

Spin axis - Good with irons, can struggle with woods due to gear effect. Calculating it, not measuring it directly. 

MLM’s “claim to fame” is measuring spin axis indoors with a $700 unit. To do it accurately - even at high ball speeds - you’d previously have to go all the way to BLP or GC3.

Yes, thanks

Bought a used R10 to see if I liked hitting in my garage. I am hooked. Wanted to upgrade to MLM2 Pro, but they're impossible to get. From my research, seems like the Mevo+ users are the most devoted?

My number concern is shot shape. My mishit can be a push, a draw, or a slice. All start right off with a right trajectory. That's what I am working on improving.

The MLM 2 Pro software fees has me a leery that's best long term choice and wondering if Mevo+ is that next step for me? I have 16' between garage door and concrete step. So I set up my Garmin 7' behind the ball and have around 8' from where it strikes the SP-7 net

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0