2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

6 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

I've never done anything but plug it in. Works even if it's 1% and I'm in the middle of playing a round.

Yep, same here...

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

4 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Yes, thanks

Bought a used R10 to see if I liked hitting in my garage. I am hooked. Wanted to upgrade to MLM2 Pro, but they're impossible to get. From my research, seems like the Mevo+ users are the most devoted?

My number concern is shot shape. My mishit can be a push, a draw, or a slice. All start right off with a right trajectory. That's what I am working on improving.

The MLM 2 Pro software fees has me a leery that's best long term choice and wondering if Mevo+ is that next step for me? I have 16' between garage door and concrete step. So I set up my Garmin 7' behind the ball and have around 8' from where it strikes the SP-7 net

Mevo plus is a mini Trackman with everything it provides - including struggling with gear effect indoors. IMO since you are at the min distance needed for M+ you would need to accept some shot shape inaccuracies particularly with woods. If shot shape is truly your first priority then it’s MLM or up to BLP. 

56 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:
6 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

I've never done anything but plug it in. Works even if it's 1% and I'm in the middle of playing a round.

Yep, same here...

I have to start mine while it is plugged into the power supply or it will not charge and the battery goes flat fairly quickly.  Also, if I plug the power supply in while the unit is running it won't charge.  

This morning I have run it for about an hour with it plugged in and I notice that the last battery light which is on the right side is flashing yellow.  Not sure what is going on here.  I will leave it on to see if the battery goes flat at some point.

57 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Mevo plus is a mini Trackman with everything it provides - including struggling with gear effect indoors. IMO since you are at the min distance needed for M+ you would need to accept some shot shape inaccuracies particularly with woods. If shot shape is truly your first priority then it’s MLM or up to BLP. 

Sorry, what's BLP?

I can swing a Driver in my garage, but it makes me nervous. When I play sim golf, I usually play from the ladies tee and work on 4 or 5i off the deck.

As I am at the minimum distance, I could have the same frustrations with a Mevo+ as I do with R10?

• Like 1

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

1 hour ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Sorry, what's BLP?

I can swing a Driver in my garage, but it makes me nervous. When I play sim golf, I usually play from the ladies tee and work on 4 or 5i off the deck.

As I am at the minimum distance, I could have the same frustrations with a Mevo+ as I do with R10?

Bushnell Launch Pro. I can’t swing driver in my garage either which is why I’m fine with M+. More accurate club data than R10. Spin axis data should be somewhat better as it relies on the club data to generate. All other ball data should be comparable.  Great to have path, face to path, H&V swing plane, etc,. As a training tool it’s very good. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Bushnell Launch Pro. I can’t swing driver in my garage either which is why I’m fine with M+. More accurate club data than R10. Spin axis data should be somewhat better as it relies on the club data to generate. All other ball data should be comparable.  Great to have path, face to path, H&V swing plane, etc,. As a training tool it’s very good. 

I can swing my driver, sorry if that was not clear above, I just chose not too? It feels about claustrophobic. Maybe over time, I will get more used to it and will do it more.

BLP is my long term goal, but I am on month 2 and can't justify the cost of that... The novelty of this shinny new toy might wear off? If I am still going strong in 12-18 months, I could probably make the jump

Looks like Skytrack can be had for about the same price as Mevo+ used... As that sits next to the golfer like BLP, does that solve my problems? Is that the middle ground I am missing?

I can swing my driver, sorry if that was not clear above, I just chose not too? It feels about claustrophobic. Maybe over time, I will get more used to it and will do it more.

BLP is my long term goal, but I am on month 2 and can't justify the cost of that... The novelty of this shinny new toy might wear off? If I am still going strong in 12-18 months, I could probably make the jump

Looks like Skytrack can be had for about the same price as Mevo+ used... As that sits next to the golfer like BLP, does that solve my problems? Is that the middle ground I am missing?

Never owned a skytrak. It is older technology but for indoor only use has a lot of positives. My understanding is its primary short comings are high ball speeds and very light sensitive for outdoor use. The number of pictures it takes of the ball is limited so mid-high driver ball speeds (idk - over 160+ mph?) can cause some misreads.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Never owned a skytrak. It is older technology but for indoor only use has a lot of positives. My understanding is its primary short comings are high ball speeds and very light sensitive for outdoor use. The number of pictures it takes of the ball is limited so mid-high driver ball speeds (idk - over 160+ mph?) can cause some misreads.  

Thanks, not sure if I’d take this outside or not, but that’s a good point i hadn’t considered 

On 4/21/2023 at 12:54 PM, Nels55 said:

I have to start mine while it is plugged into the power supply or it will not charge and the battery goes flat fairly quickly.  Also, if I plug the power supply in while the unit is running it won't charge.  

This morning I have run it for about an hour with it plugged in and I notice that the last battery light which is on the right side is flashing yellow.  Not sure what is going on here.  I will leave it on to see if the battery goes flat at some point.

Have you had your unit for a while? Or did u buy it used?

Seems like the battery just needs to be replaced.

From the front on my screen to where I set up my R10, I have ~15’

set the Garmin up 6.5’ behind where I hit and I gave 8+’ to the screen 

does that work in Mevo+ land? Heard that need more space?

From the front on my screen to where I set up my R10, I have ~15’

set the Garmin up 6.5’ behind where I hit and I gave 8+’ to the screen 

does that work in Mevo+ land? Heard that need more space?

The Mevo+ needs 7-9' (some report closer to 6' works) between it and a ball and 8+' of ball flight. Your space should work. You'd probably have more probs reading driver/fairways though if you have high ball speed.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

19 hours ago, sshadow2 said:

The Mevo+ needs 7-9' (some report closer to 6' works) between it and a ball and 8+' of ball flight. Your space should work. You'd probably have more probs reading driver/fairways though if you have high ball speed.

Kind of why I am leaning toward a Skytrack? "should work" and "more probs" is not what I am going for at this point, haha.

Kind of why I am leaning toward a Skytrack? "should work" and "more probs" is not what I am going for at this point, haha.

I used skytrak for 6 years or so and now that I have used the Mevo+ for a short time I would never go back.  I have 16 feet from the Mevo to my canvas screen and it seems to work fine.  The accuracy of the Mevo+ is a lot better than the skytrak imho and the amount of data provided is really amazing.  The cost is a bit higher though especially with the pro package and impact location software upgrades. 

One other thing is that I really like is that the Mevo sits behind the golfer out of the way as opposed to the skytrak having to sit to the side isolated from any mat movement during the strike.  Also the skytrak is always vulnerable to shank and it is necessary to get the protective case. 

LOL that is how I see it anyway!

• Like 1

Having yet another what looks to be power issue with my mevo+.

Last year went in as it wouldnt charge anymore. Now after the firmware last week I get a blinking red light when the unit is powered off  (eventually  draining the battery). When turned on it works fine.

Anyone have similar issues? Swapped the battery just in case with no change. 

8 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

You will also get reading issues with Skytrak when it comes to high ball speeds. Skytrak also has its own fair share of misreads and no-reads.

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

22 hours ago, Aimetti said:

Having yet another what looks to be power issue with my mevo+.

Last year went in as it wouldnt charge anymore. Now after the firmware last week I get a blinking red light when the unit is powered off  (eventually  draining the battery). When turned on it works fine.

Anyone have similar issues? Swapped the battery just in case with no change. 

I believe I had a similar experience, but as you did, I changed the battery and left it on and plugged in and it seemed to resolve itself in a couple days.  Can’t remember the exact light sequence though.  I also rebooted the device as well during this process while it was plugged in. 

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I believe I had a similar experience, but as you did, I changed the battery and left it on and plugged in and it seemed to resolve itself in a couple days.  Can’t remember the exact light sequence though.  I also rebooted the device as well during this process while it was plugged in. 

Same here.  Rebooting while plugged seems to be the key to get it to charge while it is in use.  Hold the button down til it beeps and then ignore the flashing lights and wait a good while then turn it back on and "Bob's your uncle".

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out which launch monitor to buy.

The MLM 2 pro seems to be having issues with connection and the 200€ yearly sub means in about 5-6 years it will be the same price as a Mevo+.

How good does the Mevo+ sit at the 2100€ price point?
What does the Pro package offer? Can it be bought later?

I don't wanna end buying a monitor to only replace it in a year or two.

22 minutes ago, Litzo said:

I am trying to figure out which launch monitor to buy.

The MLM 2 pro seems to be having issues with connection and the 200€ yearly sub means in about 5-6 years it will be the same price as a Mevo+.

How good does the Mevo+ sit at the 2100€ price point?
What does the Pro package offer? Can it be bought later?

I don't wanna end buying a monitor to only replace it in a year or two.

I recently bought a mevo+ and I did buy the pro package after I got the mevo+ setup and working.  I had a skytrak for about 6 years and I like the mevo+ a lot better and I definitely like the no subscription feature!  I don't know much about other monitor options I guess that it depends on how much data you want and will actually use...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, teehilden said:

Finally looks like they released the 10 course E6 bundle for mevo plus users

But why on earth would anyone get E6 when GSPro is so much better and way more courses for your money.  Sure you need a laptop/desktop vs ipad to run it but man if you do ... GSPro is the way to go IMO.

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

But why on earth would anyone get E6 when GSPro is so much better and way more courses for your money.  Sure you need a laptop/desktop vs ipad to run it but man if you do ... GSPro is the way to go IMO.

E6 is free with Mevo+ which is why I am using it.  It seems to work but I can see where it just might not be the best...

3 hours ago, Nels55 said:

I recently bought a mevo+ and I did buy the pro package after I got the mevo+ setup and working.  I had a skytrak for about 6 years and I like the mevo+ a lot better and I definitely like the no subscription feature!  I don't know much about other monitor options I guess that it depends on how much data you want and will actually use...

It seems the Mevo+ is quite accurate.

Will probably buy one towards the end of the summer.

There is an inside range the club which is nice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Personally im a gspro user as well but ive always had a bit of a thing for e6. Not sure why. The pc version is actually quite good so for 150$ no subscription I think its worth having at least.

Can play both ! =D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, teehilden said:

How much is GSPro? It’s a subscription right?

$250 yr with access to hundreds of courses like Pebble Beach, Augusta, etc… well worth it if your into sim golf

PXG 0317 X

All of these new LM offerings seem underwhelming between limited data, subscriptions, etc. mevo+ looking more and more like a good deal.

have had skytrak for several years now but starting to look into a replacement.  I’ve been hesitant to look into radar devices for indoors.  I’m rethinking that stance after looking at all the data mevo+ provides. I think I have the space for it - 8 feet from ball to screen (could maybe extend to 9) and plenty of room behind the tee to device. 

I don’t think I have high enough ball speed for that to be an issue (140s-150s). i don’t really care about putting on the sim but do like to work on short wedge distances.  Most important factor for me is going to be accuracy, especially HLA.  This where I’m finding the skytrak falling short and ready for a more accurate device. 

What do y’all think? Enough space for it to work accurately?

Edited by tte720
  • Like 1