New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had both units. Now, qualifying statement, I only used my Mevo+ for a few weeks before having to send it in for repair for a calibration issue, and get it back this week... I had my Skytrak abo

Stolen from golf simulator forum. Apparently TGC will be compatible? The no shot delay is very nice.

For those waiting on a unit like me, they are back producing units in South Africa. It will still be a while - but some good news for now.

Posted Images

Thanks for the heads up. At first glance it looks like a Skytrak competitor with outdoor capabilities for the under $2,000 market as listed on the PGA show site.

[b]Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110[/b]

Titleist TSi2 9 degree GD AD DI 6S
Callaway Mavrik SZ 3 Wood Rogue MSI S
Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 S
Mizuno T7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Toulon Atlanta StrokeLab 35"

Sounds sweet. Wish someday I could go and get into that pga show. Industry insiders only though

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

So the original Mevo has the following parameters:

Carry distance, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, spin rate, apex height, and flight time.From the blurb on the PGA Show site, there’s now 15 parameters on the new Mevo +, which looking at the rest of their lineup, puts it near the XI Plus (16). The XI Plus seems to have horizontal spin and lateral dispersion measurements, as well as angle of attack, so that could be a nice improvement.

Thinking in terms of competition with SkyTrak, it’ll have to be sim compatible with TGC, e6, etc.

I'd settle for a more accurate MEVO with no new added features.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

@enormous13 You mentioned the thought that MEVO+ HAD to be compatible with e6 or TGC. I think early returns on MEVO+ is that it will be packaged with its own proprietary simulation of range, skills combine, and a few courses. The renderings I've seen look a bit "cartoonish."
I'm thinking one of the ways FS could prevent MEVO+ from cannibalizing their Pro lines is to NOT allow connectivity with TGC and/or e6. FS has always said the MEVO line is oriented to individual practice.
My point: If MEVO+ does not connect with the sim providers, it may not directly affect SkyTrak as much as we think...
@games my thoughts were that the cartoon software was a way to keep the cost down, instead of coming pre-loaded with a better software. You’re right though, if this new Mevo doesn’t provide sims with the providers mentioned (or a similar experience), then I think it’ll be a flop and ST can keep twiddling their thumbs.

This product has me very intrigued. By the time fall/winter rolls back around this may be on my wish list. I tried the mevo and just thought it needed a little more, this may be it by the description.

SIM 8.0 w/ HZRDUS Blue RDX
SIM Rocket 3 wood 
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
TM MG 50 
Hi Toe 54/58
Tour Spider X 
TP5X pix
TMAG Tour Preferred Locker

Oh, but everyone who sells it says ball speed is very accurate. They don’t seem to be able to measure club head speed very accurately, which is quite baffling to me given clubs are metal and far larger than the ball which is obscured by the club head for its first two feet of travel. But we should just take their “word” for it Lol!

I agree that just a more accurate version of what they have now would be better.

• Like 1

Who is "they"? I haven't seen anything to indicate any issues with the general accuracy of Mevo's club head speed other than the fact that Flightscope defines club head speed a little bit differently than Foresight (e.g. where on the club head the velocity is being measured and when it's measured, relative to impact).

I had the exact same thought watching that. I don't work with radar but with UHF RFID. At those frequencies (and due to certain FCC mandates) - 902-928 MHz, any unsynchronized readers running in our vacinity will wreak havoc with the performance of our equipment. So it made me wonder what impact, if any, could be had by running all of those radar units simultaneously. Until that is known I'd have to file that under anecdotal rather than scientific testing.

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
W/S Staff C300 Forged 5-P - KBS Tour 105/S
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Odyssey SL Seven 

Most of the newer radars are 24GHz, some older ones are X band, but even without being in the same frequency range I also think there could be interference especially indoors. The the input filters aren’t that perfect and they are homodyne receivers as they are Doppler.

As mentioned before, we depend upon people selling the devices with the equipment supposedly to test accuracy.

The video posted showed the club head speeds all over the map. Even Trackman. It doesn’t change that much shot to shot in one sitting. The club head speed should be the easiest thing to measure. Baffling to say the least.

@Lincoln_Arcadia The video posted showed the club head speeds all over the map. Even Trackman. It doesn’t change that much shot to shot in one sitting. The club head speed should be the easiest thing to measure. Baffling to say the least.

I can't remember what the variation was in the video (for a single sensor, not across different sensors) but 5-7 mph variation in a session isn't really all that uncommon for a driver and even I've seen it go a bit higher than that. I've also seen that much variation for a mid-iron as well - although 3-4 is a bit more common. So it really does - or can - change a significant amount in one sitting.

And while velocity is easy to read accurately with a doppler radar, the club head speed is constantly changing, and it doesn't even have a uniform velocity at any particular point in time. So when comparing CHS across different sensors, then it can get complicated to determine and pick which velocity to show. Where on the head do you measure the velocity and at what point in time? Not all LM companies agree on a single answer for those questions.

That’s very surprising to me, is there data demonstrating that variation?

In track sports, the variation is very minimal in any physical motion because the athletes are maxed out.

I suppose if a person is not swinging as fast as possible, then variation is very likely?