2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

On 2/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, DrShaftE said:

Have anyone noticed more misreadings and decreasing accuracy after latest updates in iOS FS Golf app. (I don`t have impact data).

I have noticed also some odd numbers after updating latest firmware and FS app. There were a lot of misreadings which I got very rarely earlier. For example couple good drives show 81m and 85m carry and some 6 iron sky rocketed outside DTL range window. Also I noticed a little decreasing of distances (~5m) compared earlier with every club. Setup is identical compared earlier and I have used Mevo+ regularly 2-4 times per week the whole winter so I would say something has happened to accuracy. 

Also I`m not a fan of new data order in listing view. Earlier user could arrange data parameters one by one but now data parameters have stacked under headlines like spin, distances, speed which include multiple data parameters and cannot be separated - really annoying.

Yeah. I hate when companies add features that nobody really asked for like that. But meanwhile they can't even get basic functionality working.. It's like developers are working on wrong things.. 

ie. for me, I'm just wanting the damn ability to sort data columns. Not just simple numbers either. I want to sort Club paths too. Shouldn't be that hard to sort a number with a R/L.. it's basically a +/- number.. Just sort them already...

5 minutes ago, VoodooZ said:

It's like developers are working on wrong things.. 

ie. for me, I'm just wanting the damn ability to sort data columns. Not just simple numbers either. I want to sort Club paths too. Shouldn't be that hard to sort a number with a R/L.. it's basically a +/- number.. Just sort them already...

For sure--a big oversight IMO.

Anybody using M+ w/ E6 Connect notice anything different with new 1.12 version?

I noticed their changelog (thank you E6! FS could learn from you) mentioned something about new FS SDK...

When I started E6 it showed me a pop up dialog I've never noticed before showing download progress of new FS SDK... Is that new?

Issue I'm having is that it so damn long to download that I ended up playing a whole online round with a friend and because of a bug with AMD video drivers It crashed half way in the round so I'm unsure if download ever finished or applied..

Looking at the sim config settings page I see the firmware version is in line and connected but I'm worried I'm missing out on the new SDK features somehow... Like support for RCT perhaps?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

ps: If you're running AMD GPU (RX6000) and had constant crashes I'd love to hear from you too.  

This is driving me nuts and not sure its effecting anything but I feel like it is? 

Ball and hitting plane do not align but angle is set to 12 degrees at the driving range…

I’m really concerned with low point and AOA and if this is just borked I wanna return the unit and get something else. This happens even if I try to set it up in my house with level floor : (  Overall especially with face impact I feel like this unit is massive bang for buck…but also atm not entirely sure I can trust this data?

251937C7-7884-47A2-AC00-DA50C6F79F0C.jpeg

What's in my Ping Pioneer cart bag:

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 9* Fujikura Speeder NX 50s

3 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 60s 

7 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 70s 

3 & 4 Hybrid: Ping G430 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 75r

Irons: 5 - PW Mizuno Pro 243 KBS $ Taper 120 shafts

Wedges: Mizuno S23 50 S Grind 54 D grind // Cleveland RTX full-face 2 58*

Putter: LAB DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

ARCCOS 

2 hours ago, ad_l1b said:

This is driving me nuts and not sure its effecting anything but I feel like it is? 

Ball and hitting plane do not align but angle is set to 12 degrees at the driving range…

I’m really concerned with low point and AOA and if this is just borked I wanna return the unit and get something else. This happens even if I try to set it up in my house with level floor : (  Overall especially with face impact I feel like this unit is massive bang for buck…but also atm not entirely sure I can trust this data?

251937C7-7884-47A2-AC00-DA50C6F79F0C.jpeg

Strange. Looks like the mat elevation is set above the M+. You’ve got it at zero inside the app? 

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Strange. Looks like the mat elevation is set above the M+. You’ve got it at zero inside the app? 

1 hour ago, Alan Pllu said:

That looks like a setup error to me. Have you set tee height and distance to tee correctly? If they are out then it will have the hitting area wrong on the screen and then give incorrect data. 

When the new target alignment screen came out a few weeks ago, the hitting area changed. I have a mat setup in my backyard that doesn't change. In the old hitting areas screen everything lined up. When the updated screen came out I saw what @ad_l1b is showing. I had to set the tee height to level, prior to the change, my tee height was 2 inches.

I also now get the alignment line sitting a bit right of my target. I just go with it and the data seems fine. No different than before the change.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:04 PM, VoodooZ said:

Yeah. I hate when companies add features that nobody really asked for like that. But meanwhile they can't even get basic functionality working.. It's like developers are working on wrong things.. 

Sorting works in range view but not in list view. Earlier it was also possible in list view. 

Recently I noticed wild misreadings with launch angle. Well struck drive got 28 deg. launch angle and another 25 deg. I never had that kind of misreadings earlier. Also other weird misreadings have happened (after firmware & FS updates) which I meantioned my earlier post. Otherwise I noticed that readings with driver carry might be more accurate than earlier.

• Like 1

I have the tee height set to 2” which is what I measured for the mat at the range, I assumed that’s what the setting is for? Should I not be adjusting to that? The unit is exactly 8 feet from the ball and the unit is at 12 degrees tilt. I see people using those 3d printed stands are those things better for setting up at the driving range? This thing seems really finicky compared to say the R10 or the Rapsodo.

ARCCOS 

56 minutes ago, ad_l1b said:

I have the tee height set to 2” which is what I measured for the mat at the range, I assumed that’s what the setting is for? Should I not be adjusting to that? The unit is exactly 8 feet from the ball and the unit is at 12 degrees tilt. I see people using those 3d printed stands are those things better for setting up at the driving range? This thing seems really finicky compared to say the R10 or the Rapsodo.

Personally, I don't really care about AoA and launch for accurate readings. But I hit from a static environment. I rely on mine for path, face to path, and ballspeed/clubhead speed. If path and face to path are off then the device is worthless to me. It's been really good from that standpoint 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

No. The setting is for the elevation difference between the ball and the M+. If dead flat then it’s zero. It’s not for tee height. 

But the previous setting was specifically called tee height. Are you saying the hitting area screen isn't related to tee height? Because that would make sense. Except that the hitting area moves as you adjust the tee height setting...

33 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

But the previous setting was specifically called tee height. Are you saying the hitting area screen isn't related to tee height? Because that would make sense. Except that the hitting area moves as you adjust the tee height setting...

Tee height has always been the level of the surface of the hitting area in relation to the mevo+ 

3 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Right. But what I'm saying is adjusting the tee height setting makes the hitting area screen move..that contradicts what Dan said above...unless I misunderstood.

The hitting area will move up based on your input to the surface tee height. If the surface from M+ to ball is dead level and you put in 2” the M+ thinks the ball is 2” higher then it actually is. 

M+ does “know” that a driver will be teed up and accounts for that separately. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

The hitting area will move up based on your input to the surface tee height. If the surface from M+ to ball is dead level and you put in 2” the M+ thinks the ball is 2” higher then it actually is. 

M+ does “know” that a driver will be teed up and accounts for that separately. 

Yeah, but what the guy above said is that he measured the tee height, put that in the setting, and the hitting area showed the hitting area ball above his ball. He had to adjust the tee height down to get the tee height screen's ball to cover his ball. 

I saw the same thing when those screens updated several weeks ago. Same hitting env, same setting, but the hitting area was above the ball compared to prior to the update.

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Yeah, but what the guy above said is that he measured the tee height, put that in the setting, and the hitting area showed the hitting area ball above his ball. He had to adjust the tee height down to get the tee height screen's ball to cover his ball. 

I saw the same thing when those screens updated several weeks ago. Same hitting env, same setting, but the hitting area was above the ball compared to prior to the update.

There are some FS training / YouTube videos around on this. Bottom line is M+ asking for surface height above M+ (if any) not height at which the ball is teed. 

Edited by Dan13

8 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

There are some FS training / YouTube videos around on this. Bottom line is M+ asked for surface height above M+ (if any) not height at which the ball is teed. 

When you say "tee height" are you meaning a ball teed up? I thought mevo+ "tee height" was simply the height the ball is above the device...

1 minute ago, ThinkingPlus said:

This is like a really bad version of "Who's on first?".  The M+ setup parameter is the height of the turf/ground/mat that you are standing on hitting balls relative to the height of the surface the M+ is resting on. Correct?

Yes, exactly what I was trying to say earlier. 

• Like 1

I’m crying laughing right now, so to be perfectly clear what is on second base…ok seriously when I went. To the range I used a tape measure and I went back from the place I was hitting balls 8 feet as per the instructions and I placed the device there. I then went through the the setup process and I measured the height of the mat COMPARED to where the device was set found that was 2” up more or less we are outdoors and I didn’t have a level. NOW when I looked at the target alignment screen I got what you saw before ball and hitting plane way above my actual ball and hitting plane despite setting the device to 12 degrees and the line ….and and and

ARCCOS 

14 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

This is like a really bad version of "Who's on first?".  The M+ setup parameter is the height of the turf/ground/mat that you are standing on hitting balls relative to the height of the surface the M+ is resting on. Correct?

I know. I'm pretty sure he and I are saying the same.thing but we think the other thinks something different..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I know. I'm pretty sure he and I are saying the same.thing but we think the other thinks something different..

Was trying  to figure out how else to say it. No tees involved. Only comparing surface elevations.  Sounds like we got it now with a little help from fellow WRXers. Whew. 

• Like 1

I am seeking info about how the Mevo+ works. I recently got a Mevo+ w/PP and use it exclusively outdoors. So far, the numbers I have been getting seem quite accurate. Actually they appear to be amazingly accurate. Anyway, there are a few things I'd like to understand about how the unit works:

1. How far does the unit track the ball in flight?

2. How does it measure spin, and how accurate is this (direct measurement rather than calculated measurement)?

3. Does the FS PC app allow you to sort data columns (I'm on a Mac). I find the data sets cumbersome to work with without being able to sort columns.

4. FS says to use their own wall charger rather than a 3rd party. Some people use other chargers. What's the deal with this?

5. Does anyone have the specs on the battery that comes with the 2023 unit?

Thanks for any info you can share.

6 hours ago, DLiver said:

I am seeking info about how the Mevo+ works. I recently got a Mevo+ w/PP and use it exclusively outdoors. So far, the numbers I have been getting seem quite accurate. Actually they appear to be amazingly accurate. Anyway, there are a few things I'd like to understand about how the unit works:

1. How far does the unit track the ball in flight?

2. How does it measure spin, and how accurate is this (direct measurement rather than calculated measurement)?

3. Does the FS PC app allow you to sort data columns (I'm on a Mac). I find the data sets cumbersome to work with without being able to sort columns.

4. FS says to use their own wall charger rather than a 3rd party. Some people use other chargers. What's the deal with this?

5. Does anyone have the specs on the battery that comes with the 2023 unit?

Thanks for any info you can share.

1. To my knowledge, Flightscope has never disclosed how far Mevo+ tracks the ball.  I’ve heard between 80-100 yards, but no clue if that is accurate. It wouldn’t surprise me if it is further, but they don’t want to undercut their more expensive X3 unit by disclosing how far.  

2. Flightscope says spin is a direct measurement. 

3. I don’t use the PC software, only iOS/iPadOS, but you can sort the data tiles in those. 

4. The unit and/or battery are sensitive and, early on, some people experienced fried units after using wall chargers or cables that delivered too much power. You can email Flightscope for details on recommended replacement wall chargers.  There are also a few Facebook groups dedicated to the Mevo+ that have addressed this question and listed options approved by Flightscope.  IIRC, the most common one is a Rasberry Pi power cord, available on Amazon.

5. I don’t think that info is available yet. If you are looking for longer battery life, I would recommend one of the Anker batteries sold on the Flightscope website, or the exact same model(s) on Amazon for significantly less, but without the Flightscope branding. Flightscope lists the exact model on their website. 

• Like 1

For 4 you want to avoid a charger that sends high Amps, and some cheapie devices are not exactly precise. Take a look at your OEm adapter if it is the same as original, should be rated for 5v/2.5a of output. On the flip side, get a good batter pack to get this output, many are in the 2.1-2.3a range which can work but also are not providing the ideal input. 

For #5, pull the band off and pop the battery door open.  Unless you were looking for a more complicated means to find out 🙂

The OG used a Nitecore NL1835, not a ton of space in there unless they massively redesigned the PCB. 

I have used my Mevo+ for years, had one warranty replacement unit (had a very early batch one, FS eventually swapped) and tend to use it on battery pack as the battery ilife is meh for longer practice sessions. 

I was actually looking for the battery specs on the new 2023 version of the M+. I have the pre-2023 model, so looking at my battery won't tell me anything. One of the upgrade features of the new model is longer battery life, and I am wondering if it is from a higher capacity battery rather than changes to the electronics.

• Like 1