New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

16 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

I purchased the Mevo + last week.  Decided today was the day I was going to set it up and mess around.  I think I had everything set up correctly: latest download, iPhone 13 Pro, 25 foot room so plenty of distance to the net, sticker on ball.

I was able to level the Mevo on the stand and my alignment looks good through the camera.

One problem, it says ready and then when I swing: nothing.

What am I doing wrong? 

What kind of ball? 

Does ball origin test register anything?

1 hour ago, Bubbtubbs said:

What kind of ball? 

Does ball origin test register anything?

Snell X with a sticker.

The ball test in the calibrate stage registers nothing and when I go to the range, nothing.  

I haven't been able to try again yet today, will be on it in the morning though. 

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

If the ball origin doesn’t resister then there must be something wrong with the settings or the setup of the unit. Have you got the angle set correctly? As close to 12 degrees as possible. 

as far as I am aware the only 3 things that can affect the unit not picking up the ball are angle of the unit, measurement for distance from unit or tee height being wrong or the unit pointing in the wrong direction. 

Double check all of those and try moving the ball around forwards backwards left and right to see if it starts picking up in the hitting area

I'm at a loss here.  
Exactly 8 feet to ball, 12 feet to net, set to indoor short, tee set to 2 inches high, I lined it up perfectly with rods, sticker on ball, and machine fully updated. 

I don’t have a room big enough so I set it up in my warehouse.  The plan was to setup Friday night and hit balls all weekend then break down before they work on Monday.  To go through all of this and not be able to hit balls is frustrating, 

9CA60E5F-9450-4EF0-93B5-0130963D1CFD.png

7C3E79FA-A434-4E7B-A946-233368E835F8.png

967A61E8-9B70-438B-8CB9-A2E7464F55EA.png

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Worst part is, I just broke it all down and won’t be able to try again until Friday, lol 

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

7 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

What were your tilt and roll settings? 

They were both green.  I have the stand with the level bubble and used the red template to settle angle. 

Tilt was 11.8 and roll was under 1 like 0.6 

Edited by St Jimmy

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

19 hours ago, Alan Pllu said:

If the ball origin doesn’t resister then there must be something wrong with the settings or the setup of the unit. Have you got the angle set correctly? As close to 12 degrees as possible. 

as far as I am aware the only 3 things that can affect the unit not picking up the ball are angle of the unit, measurement for distance from unit or tee height being wrong or the unit pointing in the wrong direction. 

Double check all of those and try moving the ball around forwards backwards left and right to see if it starts picking up in the hitting area

I'm hitting off a Fiberbuilt hourglass mat so it's about 2" off the ground and I entered that in the set up.  I have the Mevo stand with the level bubble so my tilt and roll was almost perfect.  I tried putting the Mevo on a box of balls so it sat higher than the ball, but still nothing.  

Next Friday I'll bring my Garmin G80 so I can at least play a virtual round if nothing else, but this is pretty frustrating.  I usually spend about $300 a winter on sim golf, so this unit will pay for itself in a few years on top of playing hundred more rounds than I normally would during that time frame... just need it to work.  

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

18 minutes ago, St Jimmy said:

I'm hitting off a Fiberbuilt hourglass mat so it's about 2" off the ground and I entered that in the set up.  I have the Mevo stand with the level bubble so my tilt and roll was almost perfect.  I tried putting the Mevo on a box of balls so it sat higher than the ball, but still nothing.  

Next Friday I'll bring my Garmin G80 so I can at least play a virtual round if nothing else, but this is pretty frustrating.  I usually spend about $300 a winter on sim golf, so this unit will pay for itself in a few years on top of playing hundred more rounds than I normally would during that time frame... just need it to work.  

What kind of lighting, fans, electronics, etc are in the warehouse and close by?

13 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

What kind of lighting, fans, electronics, etc are in the warehouse and close by?

Just regular over head lights, no fans or machinery were on.  This was behind a wall about 50 feet from me:

https://www.vikingeng.com/equipment/pallet-machinery/turbo-606

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

It's supposed to get almost 40 by Wednesday.  I'll set it up outside and see if I can get it to work. 

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

6 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Fluorescent high bay lights?

Yes about 35-40 foot ceiling.  There isn't a light directly about me though.  Should I set up a flood lamp? 

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

20 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

Worst part is, I just broke it all down and won’t be able to try again until Friday, lol 

I would suggest trying "Swing Training Session" mode. That doesn't even require ball detection, so you could set up in a small space at home. However, as with any ball detection mode, just make sure the surrounding area doesn't have potential interferences.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

9 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Anyone know if/how I can do a review of a specific club through all sessions? I wqnt to look at data from 1 club. I don't hit it every session so I don't want to have to go into each session. 

Can I see that clubs data another way?

That is a great feature request, but at this point in time, I don’t see a way of doing this.  I thought it might be doable through the web portal but it’s a no go. Would be nice to filter by a specific bag if you have configured multiple bags as well.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Like 2

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

On 12/26/2022 at 3:41 PM, St Jimmy said:

Yes about 35-40 foot ceiling.  There isn't a light directly about me though.  Should I set up a flood lamp? 

Fluorescent lights create sound waves that mess with radar.  Also, anything with a fan (PC, furnace, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc.) has potential to interfere.

1 hour ago, games said:

Fluorescent lights create sound waves that mess with radar.  Also, anything with a fan (PC, furnace, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc.) has potential to interfere.

That would give me inaccurate readings?  I'm not getting anything at all.  

I purchased a LED light and will set it up tomorrow evening.  Hopefully that fixes the problem.

thanks 

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

I just opened a case with Mevo.  Hopefully this gets worked out soon.  

Thanks again all that helped. 

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

8 minutes ago, St Jimmy said:

I just opened a case with Mevo.  Hopefully this gets worked out soon.  

Thanks again all that helped. 

Please keep us updated. I’m curious to know what is going on.  I’ve had my Mevo+ for almost 2 years and never had an issue like this.  But I use mine exclusively outside at a range.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have read/skimmed through this thread. Considering taking advantage of the Mevo trade in option to get the M+.  However, I never got very good results with Mevo and don't want to throw good money after bad.

My Mevo was used exclusively outdoors at driving ranges (also how I would use an M+). I get reasonable CHS and ball speed results with the Mevo, but spin and launch are generally not very good, especially with driver (5000 - 6000 RPMs, launch > 18°).

So given all the latest firmware and app updates, does the M+ give reasonable results?  Not looking for perfection, but just consistent results within maybe 20% of truth with the spin, launch, and AOA (I am good with FS calculation at delivery). I assume the M+ will be as good or better than the base Mevo for the speeds. Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

I have read/skimmed through this thread. Considering taking advantage of the Mevo trade in option to get the M+.  However, I never got very good results with Mevo and don't want to throw good money after bad.

My Mevo was used exclusively outdoors at driving ranges (also how I would use an M+). I get reasonable CHS and ball speed results with the Mevo, but spin and launch are generally not very good, especially with driver (5000 - 6000 RPMs, launch > 18°).

So given all the latest firmware and app updates, does the M+ give reasonable results?  Not looking for perfection, but just consistent results within maybe 20% of truth with the spin, launch, and AOA (I am good with FS calculation at delivery). I assume the M+ will be as good or better than the base Mevo for the speeds. Thanks for the help.

I think the M+ is in a whole other category. Have you looked for sources of interference at your range for radar units. Usual suspects = fans, lights, metal. If no issues around then outdoors with full flight I think M+ can almost keep up with the Trackman’s and X3’s of the world. Best value in PLM IMO considering how accurate it can be and with all you get - provided you can deal with the environmental limitations of a radar unit if you are trying to use in limited flight situations. Outside should really be great. 

Edited by Dan13

On 12/26/2022 at 1:43 PM, St Jimmy said:

Mevo+ wants to be level with the mat. The 2'' tee height is for when the ball is actually on a tee but the unit is still level with the mat. According to documentation they don't even want the unit on risers with a lower gap between it and the mat. They want a continuous level surface. I cut a couple pieces of OSB that I lay down behind my mat for the Mevo+ to sit on so there is no gap and it's level with the hitting surface. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I think the M+ is in a whole other category. Have you looked for sources of interference at your range for radar units. Usual suspects = fans, lights, metal. If no issues around then outdoors with full flight I think M+ can almost keep up with the Trackman’s and X3’s of the world. Best value in PLM IMO considering how accurate it can be and with all you get - provided you can deal with the environmental limitations of a radar unit if you are trying to use in limited flight situations. Outside should really be great. 

Concrete strip with mats in the middle of a large grassy area.  Grassy area is sometimes used as the hitting area. There are lights, but we typically hit before the lights are on. Only complication is the ground behind the mats isn't flat and level with the concrete strip.  Otherwise the range should not be an issue.  Thanks for the info.

31 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

Mevo+ wants to be level with the mat. The 2'' tee height is for when the ball is actually on a tee but the unit is still level with the mat. According to documentation they don't even want the unit on risers with a lower gap between it and the mat. They want a continuous level surface. I cut a couple pieces of OSB that I lay down behind my mat for the Mevo+ to sit on so there is no gap and it's level with the hitting surface. 

Do you think a 2x6 or 2x8 would be wide enough to meet the "continuous level surface" requirement?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Do you think a 2x6 or 2x8 would be wide enough to meet the "continuous level surface" requirement?

I'm not sure. I bought a 4ftx8ft 1/2in thick OSB panel for like $20 and had it cut down the middle (2 ft wide) and 7ft long (removed 1ft from the end). I stack them on top of each other and it gives me a 2ft wide 1in tall platform that is level with my mat and extends 7ft back to where I setup the Mevo+.

Before doing this I tried to setup the Mevo+ on the floor below the mat and while it would register shots the readings were way off. I also tried setting the unit on a block of wood to get it level with the mat but without a continuous surface and again it would pick up shots but lots of weird numbers and misreads. 

With the current system it's absolutely fantastic. 

Edited by mgoblue83
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

I'm not sure. I bought a 4ftx8ft 1/2in thick OSB panel for like $20 and had it cut down the middle (2 ft wide) and 7ft long (removed 1ft from the end). I stack them on top of each other and it gives me a 2ft wide 1in tall platform that is level with my mat and extends 7ft back to where I setup the Mevo+.

Before doing this I tried to setup the Mevo+ on the floor below the mat and while it would register shots the readings were way off. I also tried setting the unit on a block of wood to get it level with the mat but without a continuous surface and again it would pick up shots but lots of weird numbers and misreads. 

With the current system it's absolutely fantastic. 

Thanks for the info.

35 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Concrete strip with mats in the middle of a large grassy area.  Grassy area is sometimes used as the hitting area. There are lights, but we typically hit before the lights are on. Only complication is the ground behind the mats isn't flat and level with the concrete strip.  Otherwise the range should not be an issue.  Thanks for the info.

The lack of a flat and level area behind the hitting area can make it tough for the M+ to measure some club data accurately. Ball data should be unaffected. 

On 12/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, EricWGolf said:

Please keep us updated. I’m curious to know what is going on.  I’ve had my Mevo+ for almost 2 years and never had an issue like this.  But I use mine exclusively outside at a range.  

I forgot about this thread.  It's working now.    

I did a few things, but I'm not sure what was the magical fix was:  RCT balls, lowered the Mevo stand all the way down instead of even with the hitting surface, and placing a ball on the mat when aligning the initial setup.

I'm still setting everything up on Friday night and breaking it down Sunday afternoon.  It's getting tedious, but this thing is really just as accurate, or more, than the local sim I used to frequent.  After a couple sessions with my iPhone I couldn't help myself and went all out:  projector, iPad Pro, and all the bells and whistles besides a putting surface.  

I have a 10x10x10 foot net inclosure I'm going to start setting up next weekend because I skied a couple balls into my ceiling and they stuck up there.  Tomorrow after playing a couple rounds I'll break out the sissor lift and see if I can pry them loose.  Those RCT balls aren't cheap, lol.  

It takes me about a hour to setup each week and I'm sure it'll be twice that once I start doing the enclosure too, but still worth it.  

One last thing:  I took the Mevo+ to my local driving range and it was very cool to setup outside hitting balls downrange.  The ball flight was spot on... like dead on.  

I was so impressed I got two more buckets and played a round at Bay Hill!   

Cheers and thanks to everyone. 

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 7.52.50 PM.png

• Like 3

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1