New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

27 minutes ago, mrpetrov said:

Having read a lot of the pages in this thread, it sounds like setting up the Mevo+ is not trivial for indoor use for a session (not terrible, but not trivial). 

How long does it take to setup for use on an outdoor range - is it substantially faster than indoor (eg less faffing around with tilt etc)?

Thank you!

It takes me less than 30s to get set up. The power-up cycle takes longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrpetrov said:

Having read a lot of the pages in this thread, it sounds like setting up the Mevo+ is not trivial for indoor use for a session (not terrible, but not trivial). 

How long does it take to setup for use on an outdoor range - is it substantially faster than indoor (eg less faffing around with tilt etc)?

Thank you!

Setting up in the same place indoor or out isn’t bad at all. First time setting up in a new location can take alittle more time. Flat level area 8’ from the ball with no potential sources of interference. Large flat grass range with plenty of space = no problem. Busy public range with mats, lights, canopy, metal around could be tough. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 1:22 PM, mrpetrov said:

Thank you!

I've only had the Mevo+ for a few weeks now.

The set up at the course/range is really simple.

I take it out, lay it on the ground with the leg out and make sure the angles are appropriate and then launch the app on my iPhone. In all it takes about 2-3mins at most to set up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, is there anyone who has noticed recently wild values in outdoor use? I have hit drives on course and tested shafts but I have noticed that mevo+ gives totally different values for quite same kind of drives. For example spin numbers could be 1800 or 3400 (proV1 without dot). Balls are relatively close to each other on course and I have measured distance with laser so also distances are incorrect because wild spin numbers. (Trajectory is also similar for shots with different values). 

I have done same kind of testing also earlier multiple times and values have been reasonable accurate. Bad swing has been easy to recognize and also values are “bad swing” values. Now I got bizarre values (even thought shot is good) with spin, launch angle (8-14) and AoA (-0.5-4, when indoors and earlier I always have 3-5). I have had those values quite small variance and there is no reason to expect that those depend on my swing because ball trajectory, distance etc. are quite similar to each other.

Setup is made accurately 2,7m, target line adjusted, tilt 12 and roll ~0,5. I have no idea why I got values like that. Always earlier values have matched to shots and “misreadings” have been easy to spot but now values are all over the place and it is hard to say which values are correct (I mean when testing shafts is correct spin 2300 or 2700, because it difference like that is hard to tell with eye and mevo+ values differ now so much).

This is annoying problem because I own a bunch of shafts (like everyone in wrx 😄) and time to time go out on empty course to test shafts for fun. Always earlier it has been easy to confirm from values what I see on course and measure with laser but now it cannot be done.

5 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

Hi, is there anyone who has noticed recently wild values in outdoor use? I have hit drives on course and tested shafts but I have noticed that mevo+ gives totally different values for quite same kind of drives. For example spin numbers could be 1800 or 3400 (proV1 without dot). Balls are relatively close to each other on course and I have measured distance with laser so also distances are incorrect because wild spin numbers. (Trajectory is also similar for shots with different values). 

I have done same kind of testing also earlier multiple times and values have been reasonable accurate. Bad swing has been easy to recognize and also values are “bad swing” values. Now I got bizarre values (even thought shot is good) with spin, launch angle (8-14) and AoA (-0.5-4, when indoors and earlier I always have 3-5). I have had those values quite small variance and there is no reason to expect that those depend on my swing because ball trajectory, distance etc. are quite similar to each other.

Setup is made accurately 2,7m, target line adjusted, tilt 12 and roll ~0,5. I have no idea why I got values like that. Always earlier values have matched to shots and “misreadings” have been easy to spot but now values are all over the place and it is hard to say which values are correct (I mean when testing shafts is correct spin 2300 or 2700, because it difference like that is hard to tell with eye and mevo+ values differ now so much).

This is annoying problem because I own a bunch of shafts (like everyone in wrx 😄) and time to time go out on empty course to test shafts for fun. Always earlier it has been easy to confirm from values what I see on course and measure with laser but now it cannot be done.

I tested today to net (short indoor mode, balls with dots) like earlier during winter time and all values make sense and are like I used to. Is it possible that dots make a so big diffrence eventhought dots not needed outside (or cannot be use because dot ball is almost like mud ball in long range shots). 🤔

25 minutes ago, DrShaftE said:

I tested today to net (short indoor mode, balls with dots) like earlier during winter time and all values make sense and are like I used to. Is it possible that dots make a so big diffrence eventhought dots not needed outside (or cannot be use because dot ball is almost like mud ball in long range shots). 🤔

Dots aren't needed outdoors if the unit can see the full flight up to the 100y it tracks, though I think limited flight range balls will give wonky spin metrics, even with normalisation.

54 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Dots aren't needed outdoors if the unit can see the full flight up to the 100y it tracks, though I think limited flight range balls will give wonky spin metrics, even with normalisation.

Yes, but like I meantioned I used ProV1`s both on course and net. 

Only thing which I noticed is I use iPad when hitting net (only wi-fi) so I use standard weather conditions. When hitting on course I use iPhone and without noticing before also local weather data. So which values that weather data effect? 🤔

I have to try standard weather cond. next time on course to see is there any effect.

7 minutes ago, jockeh_ said:

I have also problems using my Mevo+ hitting outside into a net (cage). But for me it is not spin, it is ballspeed and/or club head speed. Have using it outside for a couple of months now. Yesterday I set it up in my garage simulator and all problems were gone. Cannot find the issue for my outside setup.

I got also outside mode (and on course) lower ball speed (~3-7 mph) but it was consistent. Club head speed was normal so I thought it might be because it was a little colder at the evening.

I have indoor mode on both garage setup and outside hitting into the cage but still different values😔. Will try to take it to the course and see what club head speed and ball speed I get there. I have tried everything on my outside setup; removing fence behind, tried different heights on mat and a lot of other things. Also tried moving the cage. Nothing.

And then setting it up in the garage everything is perfect even though projector in the ceiling, tools behind the hitting canvas etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:07 PM, DrShaftE said:

I got also outside mode (and on course) lower ball speed (~3-7 mph) but it was consistent. Club head speed was normal so I thought it might be because it was a little colder at the evening.

I tried today mevo+ again on course, now with ipad and default weather settings and values start to be on more consistent. Only but is that drives were quite much shorter in FS golf than in real life (measured with laser), eventhought hitting area was a little to uphill (so it shortens drives also in real life).

Somehow looks like values of mevo+ are more accurate with indoor mode and with net than with outdoor mode and on course. Is there any explanation for that? With indoor mode and with net I get more ball speed, smash is better and distance is quite much what I see on course. When taking a mevo+ on course and using outdoor mode - ball speed is slower (and smash also weaker) and ball carry and total shorter than what ball goes in reality? (I use Same ProV1 balls both to the net and on course.) 🤔

3 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

I tried today mevo+ again on course, now with ipad and default weather settings and values start to be on more consistent. Only but is that drives were quite much shorter in FS golf than in real life (measured with laser), eventhought hitting area was a little to uphill (so it shortens drives also in real life).

Somehow looks like values of mevo+ are more accurate with indoor mode and with net than with outdoor mode and on course. Is there any explanation for that? With indoor mode and with net I get more ball speed, smash is better and distance is quite much what I see on course. When taking a mevo+ on course and using outdoor mode - ball speed is slower (and smash also weaker) and ball carry and total shorter than what ball goes in reality? (I use Same ProV1 balls both to the net and on course.) 🤔

Is this on course set to Indoor versus on course set to Outdoor? Or your indoor setup numbers versus what you were seeing outside?

Is anyone using the data blocks feature on the mevo+? 

my ground and face contact isn’t an issue I’m generally pretty good at distance control but where I do lack is left-right dispersion where I’m not so consistent. 

I don’t have the pro package so don’t have any club data but I am thinking I’m going to set horizontal launch and lateral distance parameters to try and have a visual red/green bad/good after every shot to try and focus on this over the next few months. 

what would be a reasonable range to set these parameters at for irons and wedges? Thinking 1degree either side of 0 for horizontal launch to give a 2 degree window and 9 yards either side of 0 to give an 18 yard window lateral. 

is this too tight? Not tight enough? Wondering if maybe I should offset the window to favour one side of 0 more to work on one particular shape? Set it up from 0 to +2 degrees to work on a draw or -2 to 0 to work on a fade kind of thing so I am starting it to the side of the shot shape. 

a good shot for me has very little shape, I tend to be pretty neutral. A really bad shot is getting stuck behind and inside and hitting a massive block which has no curvature or my more manageable miss is the occasional pull draw if I get a bit overactive with the hands and roll it over. 

2 hours ago, Alan Pllu said:

my ground and face contact isn’t an issue I’m generally pretty good at distance control but where I do lack is left-right dispersion where I’m not so consistent. 

I don’t have the pro package so don’t have any club data but I am thinking I’m going to set horizontal launch and lateral distance parameters to try and have a visual red/green bad/good after every shot to try and focus on this over the next few months. 

what would be a reasonable range to set these parameters at for irons and wedges? Thinking 1degree either side of 0 for horizontal launch to give a 2 degree window and 9 yards either side of 0 to give an 18 yard window lateral. 

is this too tight? Not tight enough? Wondering if maybe I should offset the window to favour one side of 0 more to work on one particular shape? Set it up from 0 to +2 degrees to work on a draw or -2 to 0 to work on a fade kind of thing so I am starting it to the side of the shot shape. 

a good shot for me has very little shape, I tend to be pretty neutral. A really bad shot is getting stuck behind and inside and hitting a massive block which has no curvature or my more manageable miss is the occasional pull draw if I get a bit overactive with the hands and roll it over. 

I have CHS, ball speed, smash, AoA and VLA straddling the Flightscope PGA tour averages, though I'm mostly concerned with the last three since my focus right now is shallowing the club and maintaining strike location.

8 hours ago, Alan Pllu said:

I use them. I think 1 degree is too tight. For horizontal launch I typically set it to 2 degrees either side of zero. Typically 10 yards (5 if I need proof I need to practice more) either side of center for lateral dispersion. I would add spin axis in as well so you know how you got there - fade or draw. Great practice tool. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jockeh_ said:

Should have added that it is on course an not the driving range so i use the same balls on the course, into net and in the garage.

Thats exactly same than me and my experiments. I have noticed that ball speed drops most when using unit outdoor (outdoor mode, balls are same proV1’s than when hitting to the net). Short indoor mode gives me ball speed 165-175mph depend strike and temperature. Outdoors I have tested from 16 degr. to 25 degr. temperatures and ball speed is 158-162mph range (dropping smash to 1.45), other values stays relatively same indoor vs outdoor. Time to time I have possibility to hit Trackman 4 and values of Mevo+ indoor mode match to Trcakman values. Also Mevo+ indoor (& trackman) values match distances on course so I wonder why outdoor mode make so big difference.

I contacted also to Flightscope support but looks like they don’t understand or want to understand problem because only answer what I got is some basic setup advice and new questions of my setup and used settings which I have explained on my earlier message (for example I have mentioned that I use ProV1’s on course so they advice to set range ball setting when hitting range balls on range. 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Edited by DrShaftE

What's your skill level?  1.50-1.51 smash is exceptional.  Here's some information from a TrackMan article (https://blog.trackmangolf.com/smash-factor/) about smash factor by skill level.

TrackMan Combine Averages

Male Amateur (Driver)

• Scratch of Better – 1.49
  • 5 HCP – 1.45
  • 10 HCP – 1.45
  • Average Golfer (14.5) – 1.44
  • Bogey Golfer – 1.43

Good morning! 

I am beyond excited to finally have a product to give me my launch conditions and club data for my indoor golf setup. I am however having issues with the data currently. I have the unit set up to short indoor, 8ft to unit and 8ft to net (had someone double check for me). I have it almost perfect in terms of tilt and roll (11.9 * and 0.1*). I am getting routinely lower numbers primarily ball speeds , for example this morning I was swinging my PW around 78 mph (good center face contact, -2 AoA, 2* R club path, 3.2L FTP and 1.2L FTT with a dynamic loft of 33.2) and getting a ball speed of 82 mph with a carry of 97.2 yds.

Weather set to standard, ambient temperature around 80*F.

I am just looking for some advice to help get these normals a bit more accurate. 

I have removed the lighting directly above the hitting area. I have a fan that is parallel with the hitting area about 10 ft away on the left side. My mevo+ is level with the hitting surface. There is a fridge next to the net on the right hand side and a vehicle parked behind the net.

I have also reached out to FS.

Thank you!

For starters, turn the fan and refrigerator off while hitting and give yourself more flight room to see if that improves things.

If space is limited, you can do 7' to Mevo and 9' to net with your current dimensions and swing speed.

Edit: it's also easier for troubleshooting to just post a screenshot of your hits in Dashboard mode so we can see all the parameters at once.

Edited by Bubbtubbs

35 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

For starters, turn the fan and refrigerator off while hitting and give yourself more flight room to see if that improves things.

If space is limited, you can do 7' to Mevo and 9' to net with your current dimensions and swing speed.

Edit: it's also easier for troubleshooting to just post a screenshot of your hits in Dashboard mode so we can see all the parameters at once.

This was from an 8 Iron. Let me know if there is any other specific club data you’re looking for.

6E19A5C6-AC69-4EA6-B92B-6C6CC4A892ED.jpeg