New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

For those of your who take your mevo+ outside. How are you making sure the device is perfectly perpendicular to the target line? 

I am.pretty sure all.of my misread flight directions have come from the device looking like it was 90 deg to target line but being off. The guys at flightscope told me that setup variable was critical but it's the one setup variable you can't check in the app...

Set it up earlier and thought it was good. Read pw face to path of 9 open...knew it was off.

Pick a spot out in the distance and align the unit to that. Drop an alignment rod or club on the ground to match. Set up to that each time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dan13 said:

Pick a spot out in the distance and align the unit to that. Drop an alignment rod or club on the ground to match. Set up to that each time. 

I tried that. It's hard to see the alignment stick on the target alignment part of the app. Even tried an alignment stick in front of my net and it's hard to see that too. 

30 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I tried that. It's hard to see the alignment stick on the target alignment part of the app. Even tried an alignment stick in front of my net and it's hard to see that too. 

Strange. I’ve never had trouble with this. I typically use a club not an alignment rod. Maybe that is easier to see. (?)

Tangent: anybody not use dots or RCTs for the occasional session?

I've found that Kirklands spin too much with the dot but the estimated spin data is bang on with a dotted Z-Star so I've been using the cheaper balls in italics for a few days.

The damn things don't last well otherwise - cracked one yesterday in 180 hits with just mid irons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Tangent: anybody not use dots or RCTs for the occasional session?

I've found that Kirklands spin too much with the dot but the estimated spin data is bang on with a dotted Z-Star so I've been using the cheaper balls in italics for a few days.

The damn things don't last well otherwise - cracked one yesterday in 180 hits with just mid irons.

I have (well, had, 1 ball with a dot. It went through the net I'm using for now). Otherwise I use balls without the dot. I have a sleeve of rct balls coming. Are you saying the rct balls don't last long?

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I have (well, had, 1 ball with a dot. It went through the net I'm using for now). Otherwise I use balls without the dot. I have a sleeve of rct balls coming. Are you saying the rct balls don't last long?

It's not the ball, it's me. Driver SS is 116mph or greater, depending how stiff I am that session, so nothing lasts very long with repeated hits. Maybe 300-350 before I see smash factor drop off and I'm risking a break.

The Kirklands don't last much longer than 200 but they're cheap so it's far less money per hit.

9 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

It's not the ball, it's me. Driver SS is 116mph or greater, depending how stiff I am that session, so nothing lasts very long with repeated hits. Maybe 300-350 before I see smash factor drop off and I'm risking a break.

The Kirklands don't last much longer than 200 but they're cheap so it's far less money per hit.

Upside to not having enough height in garage to hit driver is balls last forever. Not to mention I top out with driver swing speed in the 105-107 range. 

On 11/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, getitdaily said:

I've always thought the same thing about the GCQuad. How could it possibly be accurate  with swing path and face angle when you are visually lining it up to a target 200 yards away. Every 1 degree off the unit sits from perfectly square will be the same error in the data and we wouldn't have any way to verify. 

I like to use a 6ft 2x4 to help me line it up for my garage sim. I can use the 2x4 to help align the mat to the target and then use it to square up the mevo+ to the mat.

I've been getting what I think are very accurate numbers but it's frustrating to not know for sure. I wish the software would let you use the camera to align everything and then automatically adjust the data toward that target even if the unit is not square (Trackman has this feature). 

Edited by mgoblue83

1 hour ago, mgoblue83 said:

I've always thought the same thing about the GCQuad. How could it possibly be accurate  with swing path and face angle when you are visually lining it up to a target 200 yards away. Every 1 degree off the unit sits from perfectly square will be the same error in the data and we wouldn't have any way to verify. 

I like to use a 6ft 2x4 to help me line it up for my garage sim. I can use the 2x4 to help align the mat to the target and then use it to square up the mevo+ to the mat.

I've been getting what I think are very accurate numbers but it's frustrating to not know for sure. I wish the software would let you use the camera to align everything and then automatically adjust the data toward that target even if the unit is not square (Trackman has this feature). 

I didn't think about a 2x4 from the mat to the device. That would help. 

I'm going to try 2 pvc pipe sections too. 

Basically a pvc pipe in the ground in front of the unit, a pipe in the ground in front of the mat, and a piece of tape on my mat. Align all 3 with an alignment rod and then align the red line in the mevo+ to the 2 pvc pipes. That should make it square. Will try later today if the weather holds up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mgoblue83 said:

Non-issue IMHO. 1 degree at 200 yards is 3.5 yards wide. If you can't align a stick to a target less than 3.5yrds wide, then you certainly can't align your self. 

I personally use a strip of painters tape on the ground going to the screen, align the stick to the tape, then align to the stick

• Like 4

1st round tomorrow since only using my mevo+ in my backyard for long game practice. Very interested in what I see. A few things the data from the device has shown me:

1. My bad shots come from.face angle, not path. I always thought my bad shots came from a path that got a bit in to out. Nope, my path numbers are really consistent and very rarely show in to out. The few that do are like .5R. 

2. I love the grouping data. I'm seeing where I miss with irons and where each iron's primary landing spot is. I hit a lot of greens. But my proximity isn't as good as I think it should be. I think I need to get more aggressive. 

3. Related to face control, I've been working on a bit slower tempo than normal on the way back and a move I started to ingrain last winter that helps me cover the ball better. I can now ingrained that move even more since it's so easy to just grab a club and go into my yard. 

So let's see how this goes tomorrow. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, Bubbtubbs said:

As far as I've been told, Fusion Tracking is primarily outdoor and has little, if any effect with limited flight, given the extremely small time frame it has to observe anything with low framerate.

Edit: it might make a difference with low speed shots, like chipping, though I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Not to say that you're wrong - as far as I'm aware, Flightscope hasn't issued an official statement on what it does/doesn't change over previous radar-only readings indoors.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the reason they added Camera is to assist radar with tracking clubhead data (ex, path and face, others)..

Because single radars have a harder time distinguishing clubhead and ball at impact and such. I know because I have the Pro Package.

And it's not like that crappy little camera (specs wise) can do high speed so it's using it to extrapolate data in combination with radar.

Works surprisingly well but I wouldn't bet my life on the numbers either. But as long as it's consistent I'm happy with that.. ex: it's got me at a consistent 5degrees out to in which is fine by me as I'm trying to hit a pull-fade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoodooZ said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the reason they added Camera is to assist radar with tracking clubhead data (ex, path and face, others)..

Because single radars have a harder time distinguishing clubhead and ball at impact and such. I know because I have the Pro Package.

And it's not like that crappy little camera (specs wise) can do high speed so it's using it to extrapolate data in combination with radar.

Works surprisingly well but I wouldn't bet my life on the numbers either. But as long as it's consistent I'm happy with that.. ex: it's got me at a consistent 5degrees out to in which is fine by me as I'm trying to hit a pull-fade.

Yeah, the bore sight camera doesn't exceed 30fps in both the alignment function and multicam. Not sure if that's a hardware limitation or software since I haven't used Awesome Golf swing recording to see if it's the same.

Played 1sr round since getting hardset into using my mevo+ for long game practice in my backyard. BIG DAY. I was seeing very consistent shots in my yard so I was a bit skeptical that the results were accurate. Only 2 sessions into using it I saw where I needed to make a change. Have been working on that the last week. Had to trust it on course and what I saw is that the change I made and what the device has been showing me are spot on. Straighter ballflight. The dispersion data (top down view, all shots, grouping) allowed me to be confident is getting more aggressive with approach shots. 

Having path and face to path data is a huge difference maker.

Also found the best way to align properly...piece of pvc pipe in front of my net. The target alignment in the app picks up that pvc really well. Made setup super quick yesterday. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Played 1sr round since getting hardset into using my mevo+ for long game practice in my backyard. BIG DAY. I was seeing very consistent shots in my yard so I was a bit skeptical that the results were accurate. Only 2 sessions into using it I saw where I needed to make a change. Have been working on that the last week. Had to trust it on course and what I saw is that the change I made and what the device has been showing me are spot on. Straighter ballflight. The dispersion data (top down view, all shots, grouping) allowed me to be confident is getting more aggressive with approach shots. 

Also found the best way to align properly...piece of pvc pipe in front of my net. The target alignment in the app picks up that pvc really well. Made setup super quick yesterday. 

Congrats. Good to hear that things are matching up IRL. Path and face numbers have been really good for me. Wish Flightscope would get the RCT ball officially recognized! 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, getitdaily said:

Awesome!! Can you possibly post a picture of your setup with the pvc pipe and what it looks like in the targeting app?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, mgoblue83 said:

Awesome!! Can you possibly post a picture of your setup with the pvc pipe and what it looks like in the targeting app?

Thanks!

Yeah. I'll do that in a couple days. 

I actually broke the pvc pipe. It was about 3' long and I stuck it in the ground about 1'. I put an alignment rod in it so I had good visual representation of the target line. Then I hit the alignment rod dead square and thought nothing of it. Did it 2 more times and the 3rd time the impact broke the pvc pipe. So now I have a 2' section I'm using. But it still shows ok. I need to get a larger section tho.

• Like 1

How many of you are using the mevo+ with pro package on short indoor mode? 

I have a flightscope X2 and find the mevo+ to be better and more accurate than the X2 in short indoor with less misreads. With the X2 it gave me all the additional parameters that pro package gives with mevo+ but I always felt that the club data was off with the X2 so reluctant to spend the additional for pro package to find it’s the same. 

the better accuracy of the mevo+ makes me hopeful that it will be better than the x2 but just not confident of spending the additional money to find it’s been an expensive mistake. 

the x2 I found read path wrong and on occasions was wildly out. I even bought one of the mats that show your ground interaction in the grain of the fabric to confirm. It would read massively out to in with left path when the mat showed I was in to out with the path. Everything else read ok with it. 

im thinking about getting the pro package to use with stack for over the winter to get swing training but if it’s no good for club data I might just use either a cheaper radar or bring the x2 back out for speed training. 

19 minutes ago, Alan Pllu said:

How many of you are using the mevo+ with pro package on short indoor mode? 

I have a flightscope X2 and find the mevo+ to be better and more accurate than the X2 in short indoor with less misreads. With the X2 it gave me all the additional parameters that pro package gives with mevo+ but I always felt that the club data was off with the X2 so reluctant to spend the additional for pro package to find it’s the same. 

the better accuracy of the mevo+ makes me hopeful that it will be better than the x2 but just not confident of spending the additional money to find it’s been an expensive mistake. 

the x2 I found read path wrong and on occasions was wildly out. I even bought one of the mats that show your ground interaction in the grain of the fabric to confirm. It would read massively out to in with left path when the mat showed I was in to out with the path. Everything else read ok with it. 

im thinking about getting the pro package to use with stack for over the winter to get swing training but if it’s no good for club data I might just use either a cheaper radar or bring the x2 back out for speed training. 

I'm using it outside into a net in indoor mode.  When I get it aligned properly the readings are spot on.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:21 PM, Krt22 said:

Non-issue IMHO. 1 degree at 200 yards is 3.5 yards wide. If you can't align a stick to a target less than 3.5yrds wide, then you certainly can't align your self. 

I personally use a strip of painters tape on the ground going to the screen, align the stick to the tape, then align to the stick

The strip of tape and the stick are in a line that the red alignment line in the target alignment screen covers. But the ball sits to the right of that line, right? The tape alignment line is parallel to the ball line, right?

On 11/12/2022 at 8:50 PM, Dan13 said:

Congrats. Good to hear that things are matching up IRL. Path and face numbers have been really good for me. Wish Flightscope would get the RCT ball officially recognized! 

yeah. some say it's officially supported and some the say otherwise.. 

but I wish other companies would product cheaper ball alternatives meanwhile!

48 minutes ago, VoodooZ said:

yeah. some say it's officially supported and some the say otherwise.. 

but I wish other companies would product cheaper ball alternatives meanwhile!

I do get the occasional double or half read with the RCT balls currently. If it can assist with reading spin in short indoor mode with driver that would also be a big deal for a lot of people. 

• Like 1

I have been using the RCT balls for the last 6 months.

They have been working quite well. I dont have any issues.  Outside of the random spin numbers but I had those with gamers with metalic dots, gamers without dots etc.

I dont have the Pro Upgrade, but had the Mevo+ for 1.5 years and the RCT have been working right on point with on the course distances/numbers.

If you havent tried them at all. Give them a shot,

This is also coming from 7.5ft mevo to ball & 8ft ball to screen  so smallest amount of space possible and it works fine.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Decided to make alignment idiot (me) proof. Bought this and am using the diagram that comes with the unit. Right angle ruler is perfectly 6.5 inches. Device is square and my target is easy to setup since it's up the inside edge of the ruler.

Put the paver in, recessed, so the unit sits below ball.level. Work3d perfectly. 

Now just have to figure out what to put around the plywood base the mat sits on. Thinking about pavers in front of and behind the mat.

20221119_163413.jpg