2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

4 minutes ago, goudok said:

I am going to build a cage, will still be 10 feet high, but debating how far the overhang should be be, I think 4 feet should be enough to hit full wedges from 15 feet, but not sure, maybe make it 5-6?

I think if I decide on Mevo+ and play much sim golf, I would eventually move to an impact screen and cage.  In my set up that would give me an extra 2-3 feet of ball flight, so 10-11 feet which should be better for the Mevo+ accuracy.  For now I'm working with what I have and I'll add bits as I go.  I do like the Net Return though because it is pretty quiet and I'm not sure I'll ever bother with a projector.

5 hours ago, DShepley said:

My Net Return is a little over 7' high and I will need to come up with a solution even from 8' away that would let me hit clubs less than pitching wedge if I was to do any sim golf.

I have a net that is a little over 8ft about 8ft 4"  I get darn near close 8ft away (ball to screen) but have not gone crazy over.  Most times its a flop shot with one a low amount of ball speed.

I built an over hang with curtains to catch a potential flop. 
Not my photo just a random from the net

image.png.64d632d3f280de7e3af35b9aec5d885d.png

but you get the idea, it should extend enough to catchy our flops?

Edited by Exactice808

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I have a net that is a little over 8ft about 8ft 4"  I get darn near close 8ft away (ball to screen) but have not gone crazy over.  Most times its a flop shot with one a low amount of ball speed.

I built an over hang with curtains to catch a potential flop. 
Not my photo just a random from the net

image.png.64d632d3f280de7e3af35b9aec5d885d.png

but you get the idea, it should extend enough to catchy our flops?

Yup, that is what I am doing within the next week (once the parts come in).  My net is actually 8 high (thought it's 10).  I will probably build 4-6 foot overhang, I think 4 should be enough, but might do 5 just to be safe.  I am hitting from 15 feet away or so.

• Like 1

Just now, goudok said:

Yup, that is what I am doing within the next week (once the parts come in).  My net is actually 8 high (thought it's 10).  I will probably build 4-6 foot overhang, I think 4 should be enough, but might do 5 just to be safe.  I am hitting from 15 feet away or so.

The further back the longer the over hang.  8ft ball to net, with a power flop (lol)  hits the cross beam, so my over hang is about 2ft or 24" well more than enough.

But you are 15ft back so may need that 4-6ft!

GL!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

16 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

The further back the longer the over hang.  8ft ball to net, with a power flop (lol)  hits the cross beam, so my over hang is about 2ft or 24" well more than enough.

But you are 15ft back so may need that 4-6ft!

GL!

LOL ya I am not really planning on hitting flop shots, but I can currently hit 50 low nippers with like 2 feet to spare, but I do have neighbors house in front of me.  I am thinking 5 feet should be plenty for 80% wedge shots.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DShepley said:

My Net Return is a little over 7' high and I will need to come up with a solution even from 8' away that would let me hit clubs less than pitching wedge if I was to do any sim golf.

Net Return does make an overhang for their nets called the “no fly zone” which provides another 8”-10” of protection. In addition, they also sell frame pads that do fit the top bar to provide additional protection.  I hit my wedges all the way up to my 60* with this setup without any issues.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

5 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Net Return does make an overhang for their nets called the “no fly zone” which provides another 8”-10” of protection. In addition, they also sell frame pads that do fit the top bar to provide additional protection.  I hit my wedges all the way up to my 60* with this setup without any issues.

Thanks! I'll check it out.  I ordered the Mevo+ with pro package last night. A rep from Par2pro called me and was very helpful. We spoke for about an hour about set up, etc.

1 hour ago, DShepley said:

Thanks! I'll check it out.  I ordered the Mevo+ with pro package last night. A rep from Par2pro called me and was very helpful. We spoke for about an hour about set up, etc.

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Sounds like you are going in eyes wide open so there shouldn’t be any surprises. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Sounds like you are going in eyes wide open so there shouldn’t be any surprises. 

Ok I noticed something weird last night.  Had my usual setup and with irons definitely AOA and path was off, played around tilt (without exiting the app) and no matter what the tilt was even when it said adjust tilt in the app it was off by quite a bit.  Restarted the app adjusted the tilt to 14.5 and everything was fine afterwards, even though NOTHING was any different. 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, goudok said:

Ok I noticed something weird last night.  Had my usual setup and with irons definitely AOA and path was off, played around tilt (without exiting the app) and no matter what the tilt was even when it said adjust tilt in the app it was off by quite a bit.  Restarted the app adjusted the tilt to 14.5 and everything was fine afterwards, even though NOTHING was any different. 

I’ve always found that when left on and plugged in for a day or two to always restart the Mevo+ before beginning a new session.  If I don’t do this it seems the device always seems to do crazy stuff like your describing.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Bringing in a question I've seen asked in another thread. From what I can tell, Mevo + tracks a portion of the ball's flight then computes the rest based on that. Is there any concern that some of the data is then calculated? How important is tracking the ball through its flight and perhaps it's roll out?

Pros and Cons?

3 hours ago, leekgolf said:

Bringing in a question I've seen asked in another thread. From what I can tell, Mevo + tracks a portion of the ball's flight then computes the rest based on that. Is there any concern that some of the data is then calculated? How important is tracking the ball through its flight and perhaps it's roll out?

Pros and Cons?

No, there is zero concern at all.  Quad (what some say is the best in the industry) does not track anything other than the initial launch of a few inches maybe a foot.  Roll out is a nearly useless metric.  I am not even sure if trackman measures roll out, I think it is calculated.  

6 hours ago, leekgolf said:

Pros and Cons?

The difference btw the ballistic models to finish the flight and full flight tracking are small enough to be irrelevant for 90%+ of golfers. The ballistic model does make assumptions on the aerodynamics of the ball and the descent angle and obviously can’t account for down range wind conditions. In calm conditions the difference in carry maybe a yard, maybe two. In windy conditions it will make a bigger difference. 

Roll out is all calculated - not tracked directly by even TM4 or X3 radars. 

3 hours ago, goudok said:

No, there is zero concern at all.  Quad (what some say is the best in the industry) does not track anything other than the initial launch of a few inches maybe a foot.  Roll out is a nearly useless metric.  I am not even sure if trackman measures roll out, I think it is calculated.  

Agree that there is really no concern. Quad is completely closed and not impacted by wind at all. Full flight radars can fully account for the wind. M+ and other consumer / partial flight radar PLMs are somewhere in the middle. 

Good news is M+ does account for all environmental conditions aka, temp, barometric pressure and can account for wind from a local weather station or enter wind mph and direction. 

I have used Mevo+ in indoor golfhall on whole winter, distance was about 5m (17 feets) to net (with indoor mode). I have had really constant values ball speed flight path etc. and hardly any estimations of spin.

Now when weather is getting better I changed setup to ourdoor with net and have about 3m (10 feets) to net (short indoor mode). I noticed that almost all driver shots have estimated spin and also flight path turns left to right bias. Even thought I hit couple bigger right to left shots it is really hard to turn shots that direction on mevo. (I have hit a lot different shape shots during winter to Mevo+ and Trackman so I know where my shots going). I think that spin estimations effect also to flight path somehow.

Earlier I have read some problems here but I haven`t seen same problems earlier than changed to this setup. I used same setup a year ago and then there is no more than a few estimated spins.

17 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

I have used Mevo+ in indoor golfhall on whole winter, distance was about 5m (17 feets) to net (with indoor mode). I have had really constant values ball speed flight path etc. and hardly any estimations of spin.

Now when weather is getting better I changed setup to ourdoor with net and have about 3m (10 feets) to net (short indoor mode). I noticed that almost all driver shots have estimated spin and also flight path turns left to right bias. Even thought I hit couple bigger right to left shots it is really hard to turn shots that direction on mevo. (I have hit a lot different shape shots during winter to Mevo+ and Trackman so I know where my shots going). I think that spin estimations effect also to flight path somehow.

Earlier I have read some problems here but I haven`t seen same problems earlier than changed to this setup. I used same setup a year ago and then there is no more than a few estimated spins.

Why would you change it to outdoor when you have  less flight? Unit itself doesn’t care if you are outdoors into a net or indoor into a net it’s still all indoor mode. Outdoor mode should only be used on a range or a course. 

8 hours ago, goudok said:

Why would you change it to outdoor when you have  less flight? Unit itself doesn’t care if you are outdoors into a net or indoor into a net it’s still all indoor mode. Outdoor mode should only be used on a range or a course. 

RIF

Reading is Fundamental

He said he goes Short Indoor when outside into a net…

2 hours ago, goudok said:

Update was released a few days ago, there is a suggest tilt of 12 degrees now. Anyone see any changes?

I just saw this too, 12* recomended.

couple notes that I have found recently, using E6 specifically.

1) I have been getting more misreads now than I ever had. I would say from last year till about 2 months ago, I think I had maybe 5 miss reads total! (Not reading at all)  In the last month I would say I get about 1 misread every 10 shots.  This irks me especially during simulation play.

2) Numbers seem fine for the most part, BUT I am oddly seeing some longer distance with my driver.
image.png.7ab4d86566c49ed1c44f73f73626770e.png

Driver is the weakest of my game, but I have been working so hard to get it worked out.

Per this consistency and distance display, I was a little shocked and it was a nice confidence boost. 

157mph ball speed averages,  (above my noted prior averages, I have been around 150mph, so a 7mph bump is surprising)

106mph swing speed averages (Prior averages were 103mphish, so this bump not significant but a bump)

16.7 LA - A little up but good

2,859rpms of spin - A little high but its due to the averages. But surely lower than prior (3,100rpm average prior) 

Note Shot 6 - 

image.png.3c272aa7cce6674d5e3afd8e2484c162.png

249Y carry,  but 224 Total distance (no roll forward LOL).  I hit the 250y sign  on the driving range and it bounced back 30 yards LOL.  So it was a good shot, but messed up to total distance average due to hitting the sign.

So I either improved or the Monitor is juiced LOL!

But I like it!!

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 4/1/2022 at 4:40 PM, Exactice808 said:

I just saw this too, 12* recomended.

couple notes that I have found recently, using E6 specifically.

1) I have been getting more misreads now than I ever had. I would say from last year till about 2 months ago, I think I had maybe 5 miss reads total! (Not reading at all)  In the last month I would say I get about 1 misread every 10 shots.  This irks me especially during simulation play.

2) Numbers seem fine for the most part, BUT I am oddly seeing some longer distance with my driver.
image.png.7ab4d86566c49ed1c44f73f73626770e.png

Driver is the weakest of my game, but I have been working so hard to get it worked out.

Per this consistency and distance display, I was a little shocked and it was a nice confidence boost. 

157mph ball speed averages,  (above my noted prior averages, I have been around 150mph, so a 7mph bump is surprising)

106mph swing speed averages (Prior averages were 103mphish, so this bump not significant but a bump)

16.7 LA - A little up but good

2,859rpms of spin - A little high but its due to the averages. But surely lower than prior (3,100rpm average prior) 

Note Shot 6 - 

image.png.3c272aa7cce6674d5e3afd8e2484c162.png

249Y carry,  but 224 Total distance (no roll forward LOL).  I hit the 250y sign  on the driving range and it bounced back 30 yards LOL.  So it was a good shot, but messed up to total distance average due to hitting the sign.

So I either improved or the Monitor is juiced LOL!

But I like it!!

I have seen some odd numbers with the 12° tilt recommendation for short indoor — not sure if it’s good or bad yet; just different. 

21 hours ago, JerseyPurple44 said:

I have seen some odd numbers with the 12° tilt recommendation for short indoor — not sure if it’s good or bad yet; just different. 

Have been too lazy to hit into my net in my yard, but did take it out to the range yesterday, i found numbers to be perfect outdoors.  I know i never really had bad numbers outdoors, but felt like AOA was better than ever. 

Hello everybody. I am considering buying a mevo+ to use on the range outdoor. My main goals are to work on distance control between 20 and 100m and control swing parameters on longer shots.

I have a bunch of questions that I hope you can help me with

- I read that the mevo+ isn't ideal for short chips. Is 20m too short?

- the range has multiple floors (that's the reason I want a launch monitor, can't work on distances when I'm not on the ground floor), how is the reading done in that case? Which distances will be reported?

- there are protections or some boxes with broken gcquad between the bays, could that be a problem?

- being at the range obviously means that I can't control the environment, for example the lights (hopefully not a problem during the day?) or some fans. Are those very problematic even outside?

- it was mentioned in this thread that the mevo+ doesn't measure things exactly like the TM and GCquad, for example for the AOA. Is there any basic translation rule? For example I understand that TM will read shallower than the mevo, but it is there a simple rule to say for example with irons just remove 3 degrees from mevo numbers to look like TM numbers?

Here's the range where I'd use the mevo+ most of the time

image.png?type=image%2Fpng&u=07f14089&access_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI1YzdlZGQwMzk3YzY3Njk0YzU5NDMwYWM4YTlmN2E4NCIsInN1YiI6IlFwdjYyVkxvMENJQllUWjVkSl91Q1dBSTZCV2JsT1Y5T1lEMms4Y210b00iLCJpYXQiOjE2NDk0MzM2MDB9.aiqWFSEURpgYW_vzaHNW4gteNzyDN7fSRwG3ryhDAxE 

The other one, where the metallic separations are now covered with plywood

image.png?type=image%2Fpng&u=07f14089&access_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI1YzdlZGQwMzk3YzY3Njk0YzU5NDMwYWM4YTlmN2E4NCIsInN1YiI6IkFZSFZfNGRlVDU3YXdLTXFWQjM3RENYbW13ZlEwNnc2cnFHTlJfWGNjT2ciLCJpYXQiOjE2NDk0MzM2MDB9.5vfCAFupCMSKpBC1-btQ8gJQqA_kFda7H0NdAiK7vJs

If there is too much chance to have problems I think I would go with a PRGR instead and have reduced expectations.

Thanks for your help

Edited by khady

4 hours ago, khady said:

Hello everybody. I am considering buying a mevo+ to use on the range outdoor. My main goals are to work on distance control between 20 and 100m and control swing parameters on longer shots.

- I read that the mevo+ isn't ideal for short chips. Is 20m too short?  - No, I use mine for 15 yard chips and its perfect.

- the range has multiple floors (that's the reason I want a launch monitor, can't work on distances when I'm not on the ground floor), how is the reading done in that case? Which distances will be reported?  --Good question, from my understanding in outdoor mode it tracks for 80 yards or so of flight then calculates the rest.

- there are protections or some boxes with broken gcquad between the bays, could that be a problem?  I doubt it, but never know till you try.

- being at the range obviously means that I can't control the environment, for example the lights (hopefully not a problem during the day?) or some fans. Are those very problematic even outside?  Never had a problem but someone else can chime in.

- it was mentioned in this thread that the mevo+ doesn't measure things exactly like the TM and GCquad, for example for the AOA. Is there any basic translation rule? For example I understand that TM will read shallower than the mevo, but it is there a simple rule to say for example with irons just remove 3 degrees from mevo numbers to look like TM numbers?  No, AOA is setup dependent, I have seen identical numbers to a quad to some totally wanky numbers if not setup properly.

8 hours ago, khady said:

- I read that the mevo+ isn't ideal for short chips. Is 20m too short?

Fusion tracking has helped with this. Should be good well below 20m. 

8 hours ago, khady said:

- the range has multiple floors (that's the reason I want a launch monitor, can't work on distances when I'm not on the ground floor), how is the reading done in that case? Which distances will be reported?

The radar should be ok with this as it can’t track below its own horizontal horizon. 

8 hours ago, khady said:

- there are protections or some boxes with broken gcquad between the bays, could that be a problem?

If boxes are metal Potentially yes. 

8 hours ago, khady said:

- being at the range obviously means that I can't control the environment, for example the lights (hopefully not a problem during the day?) or some fans. Are those very problematic even outside?

Potentially yes. Lighting and fans could impact the readings even during the day. 

8 hours ago, khady said:

- it was mentioned in this thread that the mevo+ doesn't measure things exactly like the TM and GCquad, for example for the AOA. Is there any basic translation rule? For example I understand that TM will read shallower than the mevo, but it is there a simple rule to say for example with irons just remove 3 degrees from mevo numbers to look like TM numbers?

Not that I’m aware of. M+ measures at first touch and TM at full compression.  

8 hours ago, khady said:

Here's the range where I'd use the mevo+ most of the time

image.png?type=image%2Fpng&u=07f14089&access_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI1YzdlZGQwMzk3YzY3Njk0YzU5NDMwYWM4YTlmN2E4NCIsInN1YiI6IlFwdjYyVkxvMENJQllUWjVkSl91Q1dBSTZCV2JsT1Y5T1lEMms4Y210b00iLCJpYXQiOjE2NDk0MzM2MDB9.aiqWFSEURpgYW_vzaHNW4gteNzyDN7fSRwG3ryhDAxE 

The other one, where the metallic separations are now covered with plywood

image.png?type=image%2Fpng&u=07f14089&access_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI1YzdlZGQwMzk3YzY3Njk0YzU5NDMwYWM4YTlmN2E4NCIsInN1YiI6IkFZSFZfNGRlVDU3YXdLTXFWQjM3RENYbW13ZlEwNnc2cnFHTlJfWGNjT2ciLCJpYXQiOjE2NDk0MzM2MDB9.5vfCAFupCMSKpBC1-btQ8gJQqA_kFda7H0NdAiK7vJs

If there is too much chance to have problems I think I would go with a PRGR instead and have reduced expectations.

Thanks for your help

You going to work on 20 to 100 m distance control with range balls? Certainly possible to have some interference issues in that setting.   Probably better off hitting gamer balls into a net. Need 16’ min. That possible? 

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

You going to work on 20 to 100 m distance control with range balls? Certainly possible to have some interference issues in that setting.   Probably better off hitting gamer balls into a net. Need 16’ min. That possible? 

Sadly no, I'm living in Singapore where space in not really abundant and training facilities are suboptimal.

Thanks to both of you. I guess I should try to get a demo unit before to make a purchase.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, khady said:

Sadly no, I'm living in Singapore where space in not really abundant and training facilities are suboptimal.

Thanks to both of you. I guess I should try to get a demo unit before to make a purchase.

Please understand that range balls will not provide you with accurate data for short range distance control work (<100m).  Range balls fly nothing like the ball you're probably playing with (tour-level type balls).  I've found that working on nailing down your wedge distances at the range using range balls is absolutely pointless.  Find a place where you can use your normal gamer ball and go collect them after hitting (or just stick to doing this practice into a net).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Noodler said:

Find a place where you can use your normal gamer ball and go collect them after hitting (or just stick to doing this practice into a net).

Unfortunately neither are possible, so I’m trying to find the next best solution. I understand that it isn’t ideal. But that is also true about hitting on a mat (affects aoa, delivery, strike quality, spin) or simulated flight ignoring aerodynamic (ballnamic and mgs show huge differences between ball flights).

The first question would be how much the results differ from real world taking all this into account. If I can consistently hit 75m at the range and that translates to a consistent 80m on course I can learn to adjust over time. Does it sound realistic?

I tend to think that it is still an improvement over hitting balls at the same range anyway while having to guesstimate the exact distances and impact of being on the 2nd or 3rd storey. Maybe I’m fooling myself?

Second question is to understand if it the most cost efficient way? Would a basic prgr/sc200 provide similar results given the non ideal conditions? Or there’s no point trying at this price point? I can get access to an indoor trackman 4 instead. But it costs 60 to 80usd per hour

Thank you for the warning, I appreciate it. It would be sad if I decided to make this investment for wrong reasons

On 4/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, khady said:

Unfortunately neither are possible, so I’m trying to find the next best solution. I understand that it isn’t ideal. But that is also true about hitting on a mat (affects aoa, delivery, strike quality, spin) or simulated flight ignoring aerodynamic (ballnamic and mgs show huge differences between ball flights).

The first question would be how much the results differ from real world taking all this into account. If I can consistently hit 75m at the range and that translates to a consistent 80m on course I can learn to adjust over time. Does it sound realistic?

I tend to think that it is still an improvement over hitting balls at the same range anyway while having to guesstimate the exact distances and impact of being on the 2nd or 3rd storey. Maybe I’m fooling myself?

Second question is to understand if it the most cost efficient way? Would a basic prgr/sc200 provide similar results given the non ideal conditions? Or there’s no point trying at this price point? I can get access to an indoor trackman 4 instead. But it costs 60 to 80usd per hour

Thank you for the warning, I appreciate it. It would be sad if I decided to make this investment for wrong reasons

So I am going to throw my hat in here.

1) I dont think your hitting platform being elevated will matter as long as you setup the Mevo+ level with your platform.

2) Interference is going to be tricky.  As honestly there is no real way to measure how bad the interference will be until it you have the unit in your hand.  Taking note of some items, large amounts of metal, High amount of WIFI (2.4gh & 5ghz),  Florescent bulbs for lighting.   Other than that, I assume it would work fine.   

3)  Data is how you interpret..... This might be long but bear with me.

What type of balls you use will give you X data,  From there you take the data to make averages.

There is a "Range" ball setting with Mevo+ but it only adjust the raw distance, it does not apply the factor to the actual ball data, so you could self calculate.

So personally what I do is leave it at standard range NO MATTER what ball I use.

(Example)

I then hit a string of balls and collect that data.  Meaning.  If its true Yellow range/flight limited balls, I hit 10 shots with my Driver.   I take the average ball speed, Launch angle and Spin from this set of numbers. THIS is my BASE for that type of ball.

Say this ball gives me an average of 142mph ball speeds,  my swing speed still is at my normal reading from the Mevo+ at 102mph,  this gives me a smash factor of 1.4 which is totally normal for a range limited flight ball, BUT low on the smashfactor scale being 1.45-1.5 is effecient.

I am going to get a distance spit out from the Mevo+ (using the the Trajectory optimizer)
image.png.ab809dba70b69bc2f0090ca11db1dfb2.png

224y carry, with 228y total.  This is no where what I see on the course, BUT this is my base line data for the RANGE BALL. (about a 5% loss in ball speeds)

Now What I DO see on the course is,

102mph ballspeed,  x 1.48 smash = 150mph ballspeeds,  14* launch and 2500 rpms of spin, This is my Optimal Flight and what I AM trying to achieve on course. 

In the Optimizer
image.png.b2c51625592eab0ec21665d1b237fd8b.png

We can see 243carry, 251 total.

Much more realistic distances for me, WITH the same swing speed average of 102mph.  YET due to the limited flight, we will see some lower ballspeeds for sure, but the varience in spin and launch angle will really mess with the "Calculated" distance total. BUT this is what you have to track in average at the range.

Once you know that you have enough optimized ball data with the range balls. This is how you will train for it.

So take your irons, as you stated you wanted to "Dial" in your distances but you will struggle due to the 2nd tier hitting bay.

If you know you are using range balls again DO above.

7iron example - 

I have 91mph swing speed, 117mph ball speed, 19 Launch and 6400rpms of spin = 161 carry.  apply the 5% loss of ball speeds, I would see about 111mph of ball speed instead of 117mph. (Loss of 6mph)

image.png.adb0c12b947b97dc77cae013e9c0db50.png

Assuming some slight variances in spin,  we can see 148y of carry with the estimate range balls compared to 161 carry with my normal balls.

AS LONG as I have this data mapped out, I know that if I am hitting 148y at the range with the range balls. I am dialing in my numbers.

The key is finding "YOUR" shot window.  What is that window for your Gamer ball and what is that window for the Range ball. 

Now here is How the "Range Ball" Feature works

image.png.c0b366b210453f21fa98b1e77b7bc19f.png

This basically applies the 5% distance loss to the RAW distance total,  BUT the ball data is constant, it does not apply the 5% to the other data measurements.  So if you are just looking for raw distances to match up you "Could" use the range ball type, but that gets confusing.  As for me I just want the actual measurements and I can work out a table from there.

Again.  For me if I am using my Mevo+ with Range balls, I just want to make sure I am getting at least 111mph ball speeds with my 7 iron.  with a good strike, I should be peppering the 150y mark. (Even though I know I hit my 7iron about 160-165)  

Same goes for driver with range balls, I am trying to get 142mph ball speeds, and 230 carry. EVEN though I know with my real ball I get 150mph ball speeds and closer to 250 carry.

If I am getting anything less than those values, I am not striking it well.

SO.... can it work?  SURE, you just have to build a "Shot window" Table for your range.  From there you should be able to dial it in pretty well and IF you get to a place where you can hit REAL balls you can really dial in your numbers.

GL OP!   Sorry for the long post but I hope you stuck with it!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"