New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

1 hour ago, Paybax said:

It’s just you are going through all this testing and posting all of this data blaming the unit not being accurate, yet you don’t have it setup as per FS recommendation. They changed the tilt to 12 with the latest firmware update. It also says this right in the FS Golf app. 

Well then, there you go I missed it, it was my error, and no I am not blaming the unit but sharing my findings, that I found that the data was not jiving, But now that the tilt is recommended at 12* for the FS Golf app which I really didnt know. I made the change.  Oddly I dont see "where it" says it but I need to go back and look hard. But again Yes I was wrong.

On that side note.  I am saying it, openly and directly,  I stand corrected@goudok @Dan13.  I think that was the Trick.  12* tilt is the sweet spot for accuracy period.

As mentioned by @Paybax, I went in to the app to adjust the tilt tonight just to check, I have it at 12* and what do you know. Its work great again! @Paybax  Thanks for catching it as I missed it.  If I didnt bring it up, and just kept hitting, I may not have caught it and that is the purpose I assumed of the forum, to help others?  Thanks for helping me catch my error.

FS Golf App - (tonight) 02/22/2022  ( I took 10 quick shots each to get the data)

PW - Same Gamer Ball, metallic dot,  12* Tilt 

image.png.a63c5ba8fc25b2718043a5f48eba1b54.png

image.png.6e10408ccd061e647fea5ac51fd69029.png

103mph ball speed, and 131y carry, the Spin is a little low, but the numbers are basically back to what I am used to, if I had the 9000rpms of spin the carry would be 2-3yards less at that 128y point which again are spot on for me.

8iron - 

image.png.836b9770d29b39e7ba8db47d6dbe6896.png

image.png.a197668a16fcfeef19b9b4a03e081258.png

115mph ball speed and 147 carry. back to what I am used again.... 

E6 - 02/22/2022

PW  (took 10 quick shots to share the data)

image.png.e6345ea1317fb24faedd27a511467e27.png

Averages - 

128y total,  125y carry, 102mph ball speed,  9,864rpms of spin, 24* launch

8iron - 

image.png.cd50664fa0d58e9f71816eefdb3bc054.png

Averages -

153 total, 150y carry , 113mph ball speed, 7,859rpms of spin. 21* launch.

Pretty much spot on to what I am used to.

Now just to clarify something I have not changed the unit or moved the unit since I took it out for the 1 time outdoors.  So the Unit has been at the same tilt for at least a month or so.  Tonight I confirmed the tilt at 12* but when my kids were on it and putting I did not take any full shots so I did not realize my error affected the full shot data.

I also dont want to disregard that the gross loss of ball speed could have just been me @goudok.  It does stun me that 4* of tilt could affect the capture of ball speed?  But hey, it seemed to do the trick as everything seems right at this point.

"PSA just in cased you didnt know, check your tilt and learn from this idiot."

Other than some slight hostilities to get through this point, My issue has been solved and I appreciate the feedback and assistance that I got.  Thank you all and have a wonderful evening.

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 hours ago, bacchus00 said:

Anyone regretting buying the pro package? I've seen mixed reviews, but haven't seen anyone actually regretting buying it. Seems like there is enough positives and confidence that they will get it good enough at some point.

I’ve had the unit for 3 days.  

If setup correctly AOA seems fairly accurate.  Club path is definitely accurate (or should i say accurate enough), will be doing more testing this weekend once the wind calms down where I am. 

• Like 1

Where it is said that tilt angle has changed? I`m little confused because manual says 16 for FS app and then with unit delivered that simulator angle tool and also e6 advice to correct tilt if it is something else than 12. FS app anyway show all angles 10-18 as a green when setup a device. I noticed this same tilt angle change when the 4.0.0 app update came. Then was a FS webinar where they meantion it but has anyone seen it anywhere else on documented? I just wonder because if it is changed why they haven`t informed it properly or change FS app so it is only accepting 12 degr. (+-1 deg.)? I have used 12 since 4.0.0 update.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

Where it is said that tilt angle has changed? I`m little confused because manual says 16 for FS app and then with unit delivered that simulator angle tool and also e6 advice to correct tilt if it is something else than 12. FS app anyway show all angles 10-18 as a green when setup a device. I noticed this same tilt angle change when the 4.0.0 app update came. Then was a FS webinar where they meantion it but has anyone seen it anywhere else on documented? I just wonder because if it is changed why they haven`t informed it properly or change FS app so it is only accepting 12 degr. (+-1 deg.)? I have used 12 since 4.0.0 update.

I'm in the UK & I have never recieved or heard anything officially from Flightscope about tilt changes. I have only read about them through online forums & Facebook groups.

I assume that for full shots there is a broader range for the tilt angle but for shorter shots around 12* seems to work better. 

• Like 1

I am honestly surprised that 4 degrees of tilt with the unit still showing green all the way up to 18 degrees impacts the M+‘s ability to read ball speed accurately. Other data like AoA would not surprise me but ball speed and club speed do. However that does seem to be the case - so always set the unit to 12 degrees.  If I hadnt watched FS give a demo at the PGA show not sure I would know myself. 

3 minutes ago, sordomudo11 said:

When you all hit driver, do you adjust the ball height setting in the radar settings screen to account for the ball being on a few?

Not needed. If you select driver M+ will auto assume ball is on a tee. This is from FS awhile back from a webinar or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On that note, what's the latest consensus on what's the max driver club or ball speed Mevo+ can read indoors with let's say 10' ball to screen?

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: Cobra Ltdx 9* -Hzrdus smoke blue 60x

3 wd: TM M5  -Mitsubishi Tensei x

hybrid: Ping G430 3 Hybrid - Ping Tour 2.0 x-stiff

Irons: 4-gap Cobra King Tours KBS 120

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 54*(55*),60*

Putter: Ping Zing Redwood,  Sigma Tyne 4, my homemade protos

Grips: Lamkin Sonar

Took M+ outdoors in PHX.  Definite difference in driver in outdoor mode versus short indoor.

Outdoor I averaged 225 yards carry, on 1.44 smash, average spin 2300. Good range balls.  CHS was 91, ball speed 130.5.

Short indoor with RCT balls I averaged 208 yards carry, 1.43 smash, average spin 3300. CHS was 92, ball speed 132.

I think I need more flight distance indoor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caper33 said:

On that note, what's the latest consensus on what's the max driver club or ball speed Mevo+ can read indoors with let's say 10' ball to screen?

I used to think a foot of flight for every 10 mph club speed.  FS put out an equation dependent on spin, that implied 11 feet was needed for driver.  Based on my post above, I guess I need 10-11 feet for 90mph CHS.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goudok said:

Also @Exactice808hitting irons off a tee creates a flyer effect, catch up just high enough on the face and your 8 iron launches at 9 iron heights with 7 iron spin which is easily 15 extra yards of carry. 

Yups have seen this and experienced it.  Surely take that into account.  I use this advantage with my 4 iron often.

When I have short tight Par4s I will use the 4iron off the tee.  while from the deck/fairway I would say I get about 190-195 on average.  Off the tee I can comfortably say 200-210 at best, so absolutely bonus distance from a tee.

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

10 hours ago, DrShaftE said:

7 hours ago, pipebanfan said:

I'm in the UK & I have never recieved or heard anything officially from Flightscope about tilt changes. I have only read about them through online forums & Facebook groups.

I assume that for full shots there is a broader range for the tilt angle but for shorter shots around 12* seems to work better. 

Yups to be fair I have never heard or known about FSGolf Going to 12*.   as I mentioned prior I used E6 quite a bit so having it at 12* most of the time was normal and I think that is why my numbers were normal (pre fusion tracking update).  But since FS Golf went through some major updates and I used it outside at a driving range once.  I had the tilt at 16* and left it.   Noticing the issues on E6 but not correlating the tilt in any shape or form might have been the ticket.

I mean assuming that 16* was fine, when FS golf updated to its 4.0.0 software update leaving it at 16* as such both apps were  reading off, makes sense.

So other than the LONG discussion around this. Tilt could be the answer for some of us that are having wonkey numbers?  I mean I dont know but it seem to have fixed my issues. 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

6 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I am honestly surprised that 4 degrees of tilt with the unit still showing green all the way up to 18 degrees impacts the M+‘s ability to read ball speed accurately. Other data like AoA would not surprise me but ball speed and club speed do. However that does seem to be the case - so always set the unit to 12 degrees.  If I hadnt watched FS give a demo at the PGA show not sure I would know myself. 

Yups this is a little shocking too but, the data capture is undeniable?  As we both agreed that the Mevo+ as a radar should be capturing the ballspeed accurately,  But 95 vs 102-105 is pretty decent loss in ball speed unless I was hitting it bad, but I dont think I was hitting it that bad.

I mean as someone prior mentioned if 12* is the lock why not have it locked why have 12-18* as a green variance in the adjustment tab?  (Rhetorical, as we know that its not perfect and a degree or 2 for someone else, could be the right number) 

I wonder if I should mess around with the tilt to solidify this finding? LOL but its working so I dont want to mess with it HAHA!

To be fair, I dont recall anyone in recent post discussing 12* of tilt for FS golf....... so again this was the first time I hear FS Golf was at 12*.

From the couple of responding posters  they didnt know either, so this was a successfully trial and error. 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Ok so, in terms of pro package.. This thing is extremely finicky with the setup.  Earlier today hit a few 6 irons 3-5 degrees down 0.5-3 from the inside exactly what I expect.  Then went out again and misaligned it by literally 1/4 of an inch and all club metrics were wonky, aligned it again and everything was good again.

I drew some lines to where I need everything placed will test again later tonight.

• Like 1

Couldn’t find the video so I reached out to support - this was their response:

“For the moment we still suggest using 17/18* degrees for the FS Golf app and 12* for simulation. 
We are working on moving everything to 12*.
You can already have the unit at 12* in the FS Golf and should not experience any problems.”

I take that to mean they will eventually update the logic that makes the angle show as green numbers to be 12 (or a smaller range close to 12).

• Like 1

I briefly tried the unit at 12 degrees yesterday, but quickly moved it back to ~16.  Ever since realizing my error with the unit to ball height setting, I've been very impressed with how well it's performing.  There's still a bunch of construction gear in my garage, too, including directly behind my net. 

I'm using shag Pro V1s with the metallic sticker.  I'm tempted to try the RCT ball, but with how beat up the balls get in a short time, and the current quality of the data I'm seeing, I hesitate to fork over $65/doz at this point.

Even my driver data was pretty good last night.  I still don't find the spin axis measurements super reliable, but I was getting club speed, ball speed, spin, and vertical launch all in line with what I got on Trackman (indoors at 2nd Swing, with Titleist RCT ball) during my recent driver fitting.  I had the Flightscope set to standard sea level, and I'm not sure what the Trackman was set for, but with essentially the same launch parameters, the carry was about 8 yards further in the Trackman report.

I'd been considering the Pro Package, but am planning to pass at this point.  I purchased the unit primarily to give me the ability to practice indoors at home, with actual ball flight feedback.  I don't see the Pro Package drastically adding value to my practice.

I’m just starting my planning for a garage simulator. As far as budget goes, I’m flexible, but I don’t see myself buying a Trackman or GC4. 

I have plenty of room for a Mevo+ and would upgrade to the Pro version.

I will mainly be using it for practice and fine tuning my swing. My question is how important is the club data?

For the most part couldn’t I just look at the ball flight and figure out what’s going on with the club head?

Thanks guys! I’ve learned a lot reading through these threads.

Edited by SollyinGA

I think it probably depends on your skill level, and existing knowledge of your swing. 

I'm a very consistent ball striker, and know what my tendencies are in terms of path and resulting ball flight from time spent with my instructor on Trackman.  So for example, if my ball flight is erring left, I know that I need to spend a little time focusing on moving my path more right.  The ball flight can tell me that, so I don't need the club data from Pro Package.

If you're all over the place consistency wise, or don't know how your own tendencies translate to changes in ball flight, getting that club data from Pro Package could be immensely helpful.

53 minutes ago, FAbb said:

I think it probably depends on your skill level, and existing knowledge of your swing. 

I'm a very consistent ball striker, and know what my tendencies are in terms of path and resulting ball flight from time spent with my instructor on Trackman.  So for example, if my ball flight is erring left, I know that I need to spend a little time focusing on moving my path more right.  The ball flight can tell me that, so I don't need the club data from Pro Package.

If you're all over the place consistency wise, or don't know how your own tendencies translate to changes in ball flight, getting that club data from Pro Package could be immensely helpful.

Yes while I agree with this, however spin axis isn't exactly 100% accurate on the mevo+, I am in the same boat as you and there were quite a few shots where it said outside in, it felt a complete swipe and a weak shot to the left (im a lefty) but yet the spin axis showed right and a draw.  So to me path from the pro package is more important than ball flight, but that is me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goudok said:

Yes while I agree with this, however spin axis isn't exactly 100% accurate on the mevo+, I am in the same boat as you and there were quite a few shots where it said outside in, it felt a complete swipe and a weak shot to the left (im a lefty) but yet the spin axis showed right and a draw.  So to me path from the pro package is more important than ball flight, but that is me.

This is a fun discussion specific to this point of topic as I am in the opposite boat. Where I personally find ball data more important to club data.  (Let me be clear, this is only for me and my opinion, as to be fair, the golfer's personal choice is the most important to how they improve)

LM's have been around for a short time, where many coaches and players playing at the elite level never had access to Launch Monitors.  Even gear effect/bulge and roll was demystified with a couple of decades ago. (give me some rope, as I hope you know what I mean LOL)

Anyways,  when I strike the ball especially with the info of gear affect,  the ball flight tells me the basics of what my club is doing. If there is curvature this will explain path. If its directional only its face angle at impact etc.

Ball things like spin that even with LM's some times struggle to accurately measure the only real way to know spin is to see the reaction on the green?  If its sticks you put spin if it release you didnt put enough etc.  

For someone like me that lacks sensitivity, (friends call me Roberto Durant....jerks LOL)  But knowing the degrees of path and face angles wont change much as I just dont feel the sensitivity enough to make changes.  BUT I do know some that can and are amazing with their feel slight tweaks and they are throwing darts it SICK.

Now comes Mevo+...... Spin measurements for driver,  Add in Spin Axis and its reliability.  Finally now with club data.... mmmmm..... was a no purchase for Pro Package.... but no one is really building up my confidence for it.

In fairness if I was indeed a Club data person,  right tool for the right job... GC3/BLP/ Quad?...... Ball data.... Radars.... Mevo+, Trackman.....

Just my personal useless $0.02

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

55 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

This is a fun discussion specific to this point of topic as I am in the opposite boat. Where I personally find ball data more important to club data.  (Let me be clear, this is only for me and my opinion, as to be fair, the golfer's personal choice is the most important to how they improve)

LM's have been around for a short time, where many coaches and players playing at the elite level never had access to Launch Monitors.  Even gear effect/bulge and roll was demystified with a couple of decades ago. (give me some rope, as I hope you know what I mean LOL)

Anyways,  when I strike the ball especially with the info of gear affect,  the ball flight tells me the basics of what my club is doing. If there is curvature this will explain path. If its directional only its face angle at impact etc.

Ball things like spin that even with LM's some times struggle to accurately measure the only real way to know spin is to see the reaction on the green?  If its sticks you put spin if it release you didnt put enough etc.  

For someone like me that lacks sensitivity, (friends call me Roberto Durant....jerks LOL)  But knowing the degrees of path and face angles wont change much as I just dont feel the sensitivity enough to make changes.  BUT I do know some that can and are amazing with their feel slight tweaks and they are throwing darts it SICK.

Now comes Mevo+...... Spin measurements for driver,  Add in Spin Axis and its reliability.  Finally now with club data.... mmmmm..... was a no purchase for Pro Package.... but no one is really building up my confidence for it.

In fairness if I was indeed a Club data person,  right tool for the right job... GC3/BLP/ Quad?...... Ball data.... Radars.... Mevo+, Trackman.....

Fair enough, except for I would say club data is where I am seeing this unit shine (for me) I find that the club data is exactly what I am feeling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

On the pro package, as with a lot of things, it is the lack of feedback from the average user that IMO indicates it is good / accurate (enough). Needless to say, if folks were forking over $1k for something that was giving them obviously bad club path or FTP data you can be sure you would hear about it. To date, my experience and the random comments / reviews that I have seen all point to the club data being solid and certainly good enough to be actionable for your swing.

Your comparison for club data = camera and ball data = radar holds true certainly for outside but inside the spin axis/ gear effect with woods on the M+ tilts the scales back to camera based for inside use.  M+ users just have to be aware that in indoor mode M+ always assumes center contact and the spin axis is generated from path/H launch /AoA data. For working on your swing this is not a bad thing because it tells you the angles you delivered at impact (not influenced by gear effect) but for reflecting ball flight with woods accurately it will always be a weakness indoors unless you centering every strike.

Edited by Dan13
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FAbb said:

I briefly tried the unit at 12 degrees yesterday, but quickly moved it back to ~16.  Ever since realizing my error with the unit to ball height setting, I've been very impressed with how well it's performing.  There's still a bunch of construction gear in my garage, too, including directly behind my net. 

I'm using shag Pro V1s with the metallic sticker.  I'm tempted to try the RCT ball, but with how beat up the balls get in a short time, and the current quality of the data I'm seeing, I hesitate to fork over $65/doz at this point.

Even my driver data was pretty good last night.  I still don't find the spin axis measurements super reliable, but I was getting club speed, ball speed, spin, and vertical launch all in line with what I got on Trackman (indoors at 2nd Swing, with Titleist RCT ball) during my recent driver fitting.  I had the Flightscope set to standard sea level, and I'm not sure what the Trackman was set for, but with essentially the same launch parameters, the carry was about 8 yards further in the Trackman report.

I'd been considering the Pro Package, but am planning to pass at this point.  I purchased the unit primarily to give me the ability to practice indoors at home, with actual ball flight feedback.  I don't see the Pro Package drastically adding value to my practice.

Mind sharing additional details on the unit to ball height setting and the construction gear comment?

There’s a renovation project going on in my house. They’ve been using the garage as a staging area, place to keep tools, etc. so there’s stuff behind my net, including metal tools. It could be a source of interference for getting clean data. 

I already posted about my error in not getting the unit to ball height set high enough. I had it too low, and since correcting it, I’m getting really good carry numbers all the way through my wedges and irons. 

Using my unit at the 12 setting through FS golf, driver is consistently 15-20 yards short of E6 numbers.  I'm going to tilt it to 16 tonight and run some shots through it.  Random question that I can't find an answer to though...    My set up is in my basement where I have shelves built where I place my Mevo+.  I'm currently set at 7'6" and numbers are consistent (which seems to be the consensus- "close enough to 8')   If I want to move the unit back 6", it will be under one of the shelves which are 18" off the floor, the unit would be 12" back from the front of the shelf.  Not sure what the angle of the radar the unit is putting out- will that shelf block any signals?  I can't find any info which shows clearance for the top of the unit- diagrams in the manual are general "clear this area".    Anyone have a solid test or thought on this?   I'm ok with it at 7-6. and not sure if I even worry about bumping it back to 8.

Thanks