New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

12 hours ago, tacticalpanda said:

Thanks so much for sharing this, these are exactly the symptoms I was describing with Pro Package, down to the wonky AoA and spin, but correct flight path.

I have this issue using FS Golf on my first gen iPhone X.  This gives me hope that it can be fixed, or at minimum a nice excuse for a new phone.

I think the point of the issue was to purposely use an older device. Am I reading the story wrong?

A12 is a newer chip than the A10. 

Also curious if the newer iPad pros with M1 have similar issues.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, goudok said:

I actually completely disagree with this.  Any launch monitor can help your game, weather it has or does not have club data, with one caveat it has to be somewhat consistent and accurate.  Unless you are a total hack then it doesn't matter what you do, but knowing your path and face to path is way more important than spin on a 7iron.

Sorry context applies I guess.   I do not disagree any Launch monitor could help your game if it is tailored to the focus of your improvement.

100% agree on the accuracy,  but that comes down to choosing appropriately. What I mean is LM's can be accurate in their facets. But expecting an SC100 to be accurate in distance,  when it measures ball speed and swing speed and defaults the rest of the data. Well its not the LM's Fault that the distances are sporadic. 

Again specifically for me I understood why I bought my LM and that was for me.  implying the satisfaction rather than the "dissatisfaction" some seem to have.  They seem to have such strong expectations beyond the capabilities of the Unit or expecting it to produce something which its not its forte.

As for "knowing your FTP is way more important"  that is relative,  If I dont understand spin axis and gear effect,  how is FTP really going to help.  Upon impact I will know my Face is open or closed to path as the ball will start that direction. I dont need a monitor to tell me that?  Secondly,  if my face is 2* close to path, do I have the fine motor skills to adjust 2* to get it 0* path? I know I DO NOT and when I do play around with it, the swing goes further off the rails.  When you say "Hack" these units generally apply to "hacks"  thats why they buy it.  They likely have NO idea of the actual data, and the focus of data, they buy it for the novelty.

So again context and relevance.  If your fine motor skills are better than most,  then surely you could benefit.  But here is the thing, when you get to a certain level of golf accuracy is important.  Blaming the most cost affordable unit on the market as weak in accuracy is like blaming a Honda Civic that you knowingly brought to an F1 race and getting beat.  If you want accuracy, go buy the GCquad or the TM right?

• Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

21 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I am the opposite of you in that I got the M+ and the PP with the intent of working on my swing. The data it provides makes working on things more productive. H launch, V launch, path, FTP, swing speed, ball speed. I’m constantly using these numbers.  I do work with a pro 3-4 times a year to make sure I’m not going astray but the feedback is really useful - at least for me. 

AWWWW But here is the Thing,  When I bought it last year, Pro Package was NOT available. There was never an indication that it would be available nor the data being available so that was never a buying point. When did you purchase your unit?  Knowing Pro Package was coming out?

I would say Pro Package is HUGE bonus added, But as I mentioned I likely would not be buying it, as I find no value personally. I accept I wont be a scratch golfer, but getting range time at my convenience and having my kids whack around is where I get the greatest benefit.

Again though my point of my post was to imply purchasing expectation.  As evident of the responses to my post. Many people have implied that the Mevo+ purchase was to improve their game.....  personally mine was not.  That hard part is, the expectation of "accuracy" and Improvement seems not to be meeting their expectation and their dissatisfaction is towards the unit.

Their reason for buying is now Jaded as either they are not improving as they thought or the data is not accurate to their expectation.  How many post recently "Has anyone compared it to Trackman"........  This already is implication of a flawed expectation.

Anyways... I know I am on GolfWRX where many and I mean many members are well skilled beyond the norm so of course I understand the higher caliber, expectations.

The hard part is. Like you stated you work with a Pro 3-4times a year, I have taken 1 official lesson in my entire golfing career. I hope to take more, just not motivated to do so,  Does the Mevo+ fill you skill set and expectations. Or did you need to Invest in another unit. (rhetorical, as I know you have seen some success with the unit compared to others.)

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

20 hours ago, Firethorn50 said:

I never thought it would fix my swing (it’s not an instructor), but I use LMs almost exclusively to to keep me within the rails of what my instructor and I are working on. Nearly every session I have I’m recorded on a LM (mainly TM) to assess vital swing characteristics. I was (still am) hoping Mevo+ can keep me on track in between instruction sessions.

Gotcha! That makes total sense.  I am noticing something, that I may not be taking into account.

GolfWRX's and Instructors,  I admit, I need one and have not gotten one.... LOL.  But the handful of you have instructors.  So the data that goes from instructor to home is the quantifier.

Secondly, You are using a TM with the instructor.  But "Hoping" the Mevo+ ($3,000) will keep you within the rails of a TM ($25,000+) unit.  Tough coloration, no?   

But I too am hoping that it is accurate enough to keep you going when you are not with the instructor,  I just wish some would take the breath and say 8X times the cost, of a TM, well 5% variance in data is acceptable. And if the 5% is not acceptable. Time to pony up and spend 8Xtimes the cost.

Seriously though! Good luck and hoping this unit works itself out.  I do NOT know whats up with my unit and my setup, but its working very well. More so the putting issue I had before, is seemingly work very well too.

I just want to help others gain success with the unit as I have.  

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

20 hours ago, Firethorn50 said:

I do like to use the spin data for my pitches though. It was really fun taking it out to a practice facility and trying different techniques/clubs to see the spin differences and how the ball acts when it lands on the green.

Using the E6 app and the chipping area, has BEEN HUGE!  My short game has gotten a large bump and confidence around the greens has tremendous as I get real green reaction, rather than just going to the driver range side and hitting at a non existent distance with crappy grass.

With a the E6 short game area, I can see release or stop I can put the flag up hill or down hill.  EXACTLY I can see spin data and Launch angle data,  for LW, SW, AW,  I can try different clock positions to figure spin.

I have a short game thread that I developed when I had the ES14 unit,  and when I translated it over to the Mevo+ it really took my short game to another level. 

I updated my spreadsheets and my confidence when approaching these short shots are much much better than before.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

AWWWW But here is the Thing,  When I bought it last year, Pro Package was NOT available. There was never an indication that it would be available nor the data being available so that was never a buying point. When did you purchase your unit?  Knowing Pro Package was coming out?

I would say Pro Package is HUGE bonus added, But as I mentioned I likely would not be buying it, as I find no value personally. I accept I wont be a scratch golfer, but getting range time at my convenience and having my kids whack around is where I get the greatest benefit.

Again though my point of my post was to imply purchasing expectation.  As evident of the responses to my post. Many people have implied that the Mevo+ purchase was to improve their game.....  personally mine was not.  That hard part is, the expectation of "accuracy" and Improvement seems not to be meeting their expectation and their dissatisfaction is towards the unit.

Their reason for buying is now Jaded as either they are not improving as they thought or the data is not accurate to their expectation.  How many post recently "Has anyone compared it to Trackman"........  This already is implication of a flawed expectation.

Anyways... I know I am on GolfWRX where many and I mean many members are well skilled beyond the norm so of course I understand the higher caliber, expectations.

The hard part is. Like you stated you work with a Pro 3-4times a year, I have taken 1 official lesson in my entire golfing career. I hope to take more, just not motivated to do so,  Does the Mevo+ fill you skill set and expectations. Or did you need to Invest in another unit. (rhetorical, as I know you have seen some success with the unit compared to others.)

I purchased M+ in early November shortly after PP was announced. The other alternative was BLP w basic sub package. Long term will see if it was the right call. Still feeling good about it currently. If I had $7k plus another $2k to drop on a proper gaming computer I def would of gone GC3 but that that is approaching 3x the cost so it was definitely a value proposition for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Using the E6 app and the chipping area, has BEEN HUGE!  My short game has gotten a large bump and confidence around the greens has tremendous as I get real green reaction, rather than just going to the driver range side and hitting at a non existent distance with crappy grass.

With a the E6 short game area, I can see release or stop I can put the flag up hill or down hill.  EXACTLY I can see spin data and Launch angle data,  for LW, SW, AW,  I can try different clock positions to figure spin.

I have a short game thread that I developed when I had the ES14 unit,  and when I translated it over to the Mevo+ it really took my short game to another level. 

I updated my spreadsheets and my confidence when approaching these short shots are much much better than before.

I haven’t even used the E6 program yet 🥴

16 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

I purchased M+ in early November shortly after PP was announced. The other alternative was BLP w basic sub package. Long term will see if it was the right call. Still feeling good about it currently. If I had $7k plus another $2k to drop on a proper gaming computer I def would of gone GC3 but that that is approaching 3x the cost so it was definitely a value proposition for me. 

Same here, but I’m still thinking about it though! Waiting to see how the PP shapes up.

19 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Gotcha! That makes even more sense.   I hate to say a little digging paints a better understanding of why people purchased and their expectations.  Your example makes sense as you knew it was coming and the alternatives.  You made the decisions and rolling with it.

Here is a fun caveat,  If I had a chance now with the GC3 ($7,000) I want to consider it actually....(or if the Uneekor mini is just as good)  But..... My kids will kill it, cant take a chance... just cant do it.  Thats really whats stopping me.  Even though I know the club data would be solid... Just cant imagine a ball going straight at the unit or god forbid a club slip and whacking a $7,000 unit... UGH!.... 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

6 minutes ago, Firethorn50 said:

I haven’t even used the E6 program yet 🥴

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! OH Man...... I pretty much ONLY use it..... While the FS Golf App is more accurate,  the E6 for reps and game play has pushed me to a different mental limit. 

Hitting repetitive balls only gets me so far,  when I have to make better course management decisions, and MORE SO, I can replay the shots, I can replay the decision and ask myself was it worth it.   I cant do that on the real course, I just have to live with it.

But at home with no consequences I can try BOTH and see how I feel about it.  

The E6 app is a super huge addition,  Try the short game and move the ball and flag around the green..... then see how your chipping goes......

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 minutes ago, goudok said:

A few things to consider before I comment.  I know GC3/Quad is way more accurate indoors.  I am a 4 handicap and know my swing pretty well and know my misses.  I can afford a GC3, but Quad would be pushing it.  I am in a very lucky situation where a) I was able to get a mevo+ to try out in MY environment and b) I can use it all year round outdoors in my yard.  I have about 20 feet of flight.  To me spin rates is least important, club path/ club speed/ball speed is what I want to track.  I did some serious research over the last few weeks, I had quad and mevo+ side by side (again in my environment) for days.  Club data I got was fully within my tolerance level between the 2 units.  I have zero intention of playing simulated course.  I need to know path and face to path numbers and what swing thoughts produce certain results.  Yes my motor skills are pretty good, I did play another sport at a pro level.  So after testing the unit extensively I did order the mevo+ as for my situation it is the right choice.

Excellent, yet again edified my point, you had a chance to evaluate, you know what you need and you are using it based on what and how it fits.  You already admit that while the Camera systems are more accurate with club data,  YET you had a chance to compare and the Mevo+ works in your environment.  There is NOTHING wrong with the Mevo+ per se...... Yet reading some of the "its not accurate and why does it no display like a Trackman" blows my mind.

You got it to work for your needs..... I got it to work for my needs,  Why some people seem to struggle getting it to work blows my mind and thus the participation to help and figure out why,  I am really curious about the Daniel guy as his was the worst of data I have seen yet his horizontal launch was way off.....

I will say I am a 12hdcp (a hacker)........ but I love to tinker.  I dont know my swing well enough to know my misses, but I know the more I practice the better my scores get.  I have had 1 lesson in my life and never played on any organized team, so its truly a home grown swing.  I enjoy the game but enjoy the weeds even more.  

I just hope that I can help those that did invest the money to get some equitable results from the unit. I am just truly here to help others that are struggling to get it working 

• Thanks 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

51 minutes ago, goudok said:

A few things to consider before I comment.  I know GC3/Quad is way more accurate indoors.  I am a 4 handicap and know my swing pretty well and know my misses.  I can afford a GC3, but Quad would be pushing it.  I am in a very lucky situation where a) I was able to get a mevo+ to try out in MY environment and b) I can use it all year round outdoors in my yard.  I have about 20 feet of flight.  To me spin rates is least important, club path/ club speed/ball speed is what I want to track.  I did some serious research over the last few weeks, I had quad and mevo+ side by side (again in my environment) for days.  Club data I got was fully within my tolerance level between the 2 units.  I have zero intention of playing simulated course.  I need to know path and face to path numbers and what swing thoughts produce certain results.  Yes my motor skills are pretty good, I did play another sport at a pro level.  So after testing the unit extensively I did order the mevo+ as for my situation it is the right choice.

You are only person I am aware of so far that has looked at the club data from M+ and compared it to a quad. Obviously sounds like the data was good - which is great to hear for those of us that took the leap and purchased the PP already.(!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firethorn50 said:

Same here, but I’m still thinking about it though! Waiting to see how the PP shapes up.

BLP or GC3?  Foresight makes it so hard with their software requirements. A GC3 stand alone for $4k and the ability to use 3rd party software then I may of made a different decision. 

39 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

You are only person I am aware of so far that has looked at the club data from M+ and compared it to a quad. Obviously sounds like the data was good - which is great to hear for those of us that took the leap and purchased the PP already.(!) 

I got lucky that I was able to borrow both devices.  It is not perfect, BUT (key word) if you set it up properly and hit from the same spot ALL the time, I found the data to be well within (for me) tolerance level.  I did not get a single read where one would say in to out 4 degrees and the other out to in 1 by 4 degrees.  I did see it be up to 2 degrees off, however if it was 1 degree in to out and 1 out to in shot shape was fairly straight and wouldn't be an issue.  FTP I also had very tolerable numbers.  Now watch when I get the unit it will be all over the place, but the unit I had demoed was good.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

I'm going to drop some of the main quotes from https://www.flightscopemevo.com/

"What is Mevo+?. Mevo+ is a launch monitor and simulator that can be used indoors and outdoors to help golfers improve their game".

"The Mevo+ uses our patented Fusion Tracking technology that combines 3D Doppler Radar and image processing to give golfers accurate data and insights on every shot hit."

"Mevo+ comes with our FS Skills app which allows you to create custom challenges to improve different aspects of your game"

"Performance data you can trust"

Here's a real world example of how inaccurate data leads to game deterioration instead of game improvement:

I finished my sim enclosure build for my Mevo+ the day before I went in for hip surgery. The sim was ideal for getting back into golf because I wasn't going to get in my car to go to the range to hit 5 balls at half speed, but having my own sim meant I could hit a few balls whenever I wanted / felt physically capable.

My bad swing tendency is to right tilt too early, get stuck and swing too much in to out and hit hooks. I knew that the Mevo+ did not offer path (I suspected it might in future) but I knew it offered AOA. AOA is a very good proxy for my swing issues. I know from Trackman and Quad that if my 7 iron is 5 degrees down and driver is no more than 2-3 degrees up then my swing is in a good place and path is pretty neutral.

So I hit balls on the Mevo+ always watching AOA. It was kind of all over the place but the averages were suggesting 7i was too steep and that driver (once I was able to start hitting it) was negative. It also said driver was spinning 3,000+ RPM with a slice.

This was different to my usual tendencies but I hadn't played in a few months and thought surgery may have changed the way I move, so I faithfully worked on getting my AOA shallower.

When the time finally came for my first round of golf, I was hitting dive-bombing snap hooks all day. I jumped on a Quad and my driver AOA was 6 up and path 8 degrees right and I couldn't spin a 12 degree driver at 2,000 RPM. It took several months on the range to get my swing back to neutral.

22 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Here's a real world example of how inaccurate data leads to game deterioration instead of game improvement:

I finished my sim enclosure build for my Mevo+ the day before I went in for hip surgery. The sim was ideal for getting back into golf because I wasn't going to get in my car to go to the range to hit 5 balls at half speed, but having my own sim meant I could hit a few balls whenever I wanted / felt physically capable.

My bad swing tendency is to right tilt too early, get stuck and swing too much in to out and hit hooks. I knew that the Mevo+ did not offer path (I suspected it might in future) but I knew it offered AOA. AOA is a very good proxy for my swing issues. I know from Trackman and Quad that if my 7 iron is 5 degrees down and driver is no more than 2-3 degrees up then my swing is in a good place and path is pretty neutral.

So I hit balls on the Mevo+ always watching AOA. It was kind of all over the place but the averages were suggesting 7i was too steep and that driver (once I was able to start hitting it) was negative. It also said driver was spinning 3,000+ RPM with a slice.

This was different to my usual tendencies but I hadn't played in a few months and thought surgery may have changed the way I move, so I faithfully worked on getting my AOA shallower.

When the time finally came for my first round of golf, I was hitting dive-bombing snap hooks all day. I jumped on a Quad and my driver AOA was 6 up and path 8 degrees right and I couldn't spin a 12 degree driver at 2,000 RPM. It took several months on the range to get my swing back to neutral.

Ugh. Cautionary tale for sure. Seems like the parameters to treat with kid gloves indoors from the M+ are AoA for all clubs and spin and spin axis with driver until you can benchmark them against something. AoA seems particularly sensitive to set up / elevation differences btw ball and unit. 

On othe flip side it seems to me that between the camera and the radar the club path, V&H launch, ball speed and club speed should be very solid numbers. Seemingly much easier to capture than spin, AoA or spin axis. 

1 hour ago, GolfTurkey said:

I'm going to drop some of the main quotes from https://www.flightscopemevo.com/

"What is Mevo+?. Mevo+ is a launch monitor and simulator that can be used indoors and outdoors to help golfers improve their game".

"The Mevo+ uses our patented Fusion Tracking technology that combines 3D Doppler Radar and image processing to give golfers accurate data and insights on every shot hit."

"Mevo+ comes with our FS Skills app which allows you to create custom challenges to improve different aspects of your game"

"Performance data you can trust"

We can go this rabbit hole if you want.

"Improve Game" not Improve swing.  Swing is Part of the Game as whole.

Accurate Data and "Insight on every shot hit"  You seem to have an accuracy issue, I do NOT, my AoA readings are just fine.  (I  will respond further in your other post)

FS Skill app,  improve aspects of your game.  NOT neccisarily swing.  in my head I have thought 8iron is my 150 club all day everyday.   But the the reality is its 145 carry, 150 total it was PROVEN evidently on the combine/FS skills app, that I need a 7iron NOT an 8iron to hit 150y to be in the circle.  This club change alone has made me think differen about approaches to greens as I under estimate certain shots thinking 150y as a total which unless I smoke an 8iron... its not making it to 150y.

I posted 10 shots PW, 8iron 6iron and Driver,  The Numbers are measure right the ONLY number that was off was the Driver and that was Distance.  The Launch, AoA etc etc. was measuring just fine and when plugged into the Trajectory optimizer the numbers match right up ONLY the Driver distances did NOT. But the captured data was correct.

So dropping quotes from the website, how is that wrong?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, GolfTurkey said:

I am sorry that you are having swing issues.  But you already pointed out that you are comparing Trackman and Quad numbers to the Mevo+ and its been evident that the Mevo+ reads the AoA differently.  if you "noticed" The AoA "that" different, yet never went back to your  TM & Quad  to verify the numbers. thats  not the fault of the Mevo+.  Secondly, Hip surgery is no way impacted you normal swing right...........

The mevo+ all over the place, if you knew that already yet you assumed that your 7iron was too steep, not questioning this information,  and then made a "drastic" swing change based on potentially flawed number. Really?  Its the Units fault?  I have a hard time even believing the swing fault was purely the inaccuracies of the data as an AoA change would affect many other characteristics of Launch and spin. So your over all Data, distance would be off as well.  I know for a fact that if the height of the mevo+ is not aligned properly, the AoA and the Launch angles are way off.

Sorry sir but I am not buying your story.  Lastly,  yes the driver spin has ALWAYS been an issue that they are working out and seemingly gotten much better with the .19 and .20 firmwares.

I am sorry again that you struggled with this unit. Its NOT for everyone.  You have made it known that you have access to a GCquad and a Trackman, why waste your time of the Mevo+.  Other than trying to imply it ruined your golf game.  Return it as a non satisfied owner and move on.

I really dont want to get into a personal debate and my apologies for even implying the slightest disbelief.  But there are too many holes in the story and more so I have a unit that works just fine.  Its real simple.

1) Either the unit is Defective and you need to return it.

2) The Environment is not conducive to the unit.

3) User error and the interpretation of numbers are inaccurate, not the units measurements.

Other than that, there are other members here that are not having issues.... so......

Again my apologies if I am coming of combative, but I do want to figure out why people are seeing such messed up numbers as again I am NOT.  Why am I different? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

4 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Other than that, there are other members here that are not having issues.... so......

Again my apologies if I am coming of combative, but I do want to figure out why people are seeing such messed up numbers as again I am NOT.  Why am I different? 

At this stage you are being unbelievably obtuse. Because YOUR unit is working fine for you, on your device, in your environment does NOT mean that other people are not experiencing problems.

You are reminding of some of the people on an appliance forum I visited. I had problems with the ice maker on a particular fridge and I believe it even led to a class action (or a threatened one) because the manufacturer was not replacing units out of warranty in the USA (I didn't have any issues in Australia, it was replaced 3 times). However, some of the people were like "my ice maker is working fine, nyah nyah nyah" (facepalm).

You can look at over 100 pages of the BLP / GC3 thread or Facebook groups or whatever. It's full of "how do I connect it to my WiFi", "how do I connect over Bluetooth", "what laptop do I buy" etc. It's not full of "my numbers are horsepoop". That's accuracy (and yes I know about the relative price difference).

At this point I feel it's up to FlightScope to solve. There are obviously lots of people with very poor accuracy results (way outside their implied accuracy levels) even though their environment is within spec, and some people who aren't having trouble.

I hope this other person I quoted gets Flightscope onto the right track as to why there may be differing results even on the same unit with different iOS devices (whether it's because of chip differences or some system config or whatever). However, FlightScope are the only ones who can resolve this because they are the only ones with the big picture (they get to see the support requests from everyone, what device they are using etc) so they should be able to establish the pattern.

11 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

At this stage you are being unbelievably obtuse. Because YOUR unit is working fine for you, on your device, in your environment does NOT mean that other people are not experiencing problems.

You are reminding of some of the people on an appliance forum I visited. I had problems with the ice maker on a particular fridge and I believe it even led to a class action (or a threatened one) because the manufacturer was not replacing units out of warranty in the USA (I didn't have any issues in Australia, it was replaced 3 times). However, some of the people were like "my ice maker is working fine, nyah nyah nyah" (facepalm).

You can look at over 100 pages of the BLP / GC3 thread or Facebook groups or whatever. It's full of "how do I connect it to my WiFi", "how do I connect over Bluetooth", "what laptop do I buy" etc. It's not full of "my numbers are horsepoop". That's accuracy (and yes I know about the relative price difference).

At this point I feel it's up to FlightScope to solve. There are obviously lots of people with very poor accuracy results (way outside their implied accuracy levels) even though their environment is within spec, and some people who aren't having trouble.

I hope this other person I quoted gets Flightscope onto the right track as to why there may be differing results even on the same unit with different iOS devices (whether it's because of chip differences or some system config or whatever). However, FlightScope are the only ones who can resolve this because they are the only ones with the big picture (they get to see the support requests from everyone, what device they are using etc) so they should be able to establish the pattern.

Keep grasping at straws man. I have an A12 in my iPhone XR and my unit is extremely accurate. 

I was watching Bryson and friends getting misreads with the GCQuad in their latest video. No unit is perfect. 

Yes there are a lot of post of distance issues there too. People think they always hit a driver with 2500 spin and flush their irons on every shot and wonder why spin or carry is off. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I am sorry that you are having swing issues.  But you already pointed out that you are comparing Trackman and Quad numbers to the Mevo+ and its been evident that the Mevo+ reads the AoA differently.  if you "noticed" The AoA "that" different, yet never went back to your  TM & Quad  to verify the numbers. thats  not the fault of the Mevo+.  Secondly, Hip surgery is no way impacted you normal swing right...........

The mevo+ all over the place, if you knew that already yet you assumed that your 7iron was too steep, not questioning this information,  and then made a "drastic" swing change based on potentially flawed number. Really?  Its the Units fault?  I have a hard time even believing the swing fault was purely the inaccuracies of the data as an AoA change would affect many other characteristics of Launch and spin. So your over all Data, distance would be off as well.  I know for a fact that if the height of the mevo+ is not aligned properly, the AoA and the Launch angles are way off.

Sorry sir but I am not buying your story.  Lastly,  yes the driver spin has ALWAYS been an issue that they are working out and seemingly gotten much better with the .19 and .20 firmwares.

I am sorry again that you struggled with this unit. Its NOT for everyone.  You have made it known that you have access to a GCquad and a Trackman, why waste your time of the Mevo+.  Other than trying to imply it ruined your golf game.  Return it as a non satisfied owner and move on.

I really dont want to get into a personal debate and my apologies for even implying the slightest disbelief.  But there are too many holes in the story and more so I have a unit that works just fine.  Its real simple.

1) Either the unit is Defective and you need to return it.

2) The Environment is not conducive to the unit.

3) User error and the interpretation of numbers are inaccurate, not the units measurements.

You are right. This GolfTurkey dude has some mental health issues or something going on. 

He says just because one unit works doesn’t mean they all do. But then finds a post about a “test” with a certain chip it in and goes on to believe that it’s an FS issue with that Apple chip. 

Edited by Paybax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Sorry sir but I am not buying your story.  Lastly,  yes the driver spin has ALWAYS been an issue that they are working out and seemingly gotten much better with the .19 and .20 firmwares

I don't have a TM or Quad, why on earth would I have a Mevo+ if I had one of those? I know my TM and Quad numbers from lessons, fittings, demo days and tyre kicking at big box stores. Plus my club pro lets me hit a few shots on his X2 if it's unoccupied and I ask him because I buy quite a lot of gear through him.

I was rehabbing from surgery with my home gym and new home sim in the middle of lockdowns in Australia. Happy days I thought...I could practise golf and do gym while we were locked down anyway.

I didn't drastically change my swing. As I said, my tendencies are early right tilt which causes the path to go too far right (I'm right handed) and AOA to get too shallow. My instructor's fix for that is to keep my upper body centered over my lower body for longer in transition and for me to feel like I swing more left.

Now, like anything, this can be overdone. When I overdo it and stay in left tilt too long and swing too far left then I get steep and hit wipes. This is exactly what the Mevo+ was saying i.e. that I was hitting steep wipes and at that stage I had no reason not to believe it.

And yes, I have measured, double-checked, triple-checked and quadruple checked distances and heights and everything else with a tape measure. As for you not believing me...I am so looking forward to feeding you and @games your deserved helping of humble pie when Flightscope finally figures this out and releases a fix for those people experiencing faulty data.

4 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

I don't have a TM or Quad, why on earth would I have a Mevo+ if I had one of those? I know my TM and Quad numbers from lessons, fittings, demo days and tyre kicking at big box stores. Plus my club pro lets me hit a few shots on his X2 if it's unoccupied and I ask him because I buy quite a lot of gear through him.

I was rehabbing from surgery with my home gym and new home sim in the middle of lockdowns in Australia. Happy days I thought...I could practise golf and do gym while we were locked down anyway.

I didn't drastically change my swing. As I said, my tendencies are early right tilt which causes the path to go too far right (I'm right handed) and AOA to get too shallow. My instructor's fix for that is to keep my upper body centered over my lower body for longer in transition and for me to feel like I swing more left.

Now, like anything, this can be overdone. When I overdo it and stay in left tilt too long and swing too far left then I get steep and hit wipes. This is exactly what the Mevo+ was saying i.e. that I was hitting steep wipes and at that stage I had no reason not to believe it.

And yes, I have measured, double-checked, triple-checked and quadruple checked distances and heights and everything else with a tape measure. As for you not believing me...I am so looking forward to feeding you and @games your deserved helping of humble pie when Flightscope finally figures this out and releases a fix for those people experiencing faulty data.

Did you not think to record your swing with video? If you don’t have club path or face info how do you know what your swing is doing? 

You keep giving this anecdotal BS opinion and not one comparison on YouTube backs that up. They all show it being very accurate even against Foresight products. 

• Like 1