New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

On 2/3/2022 at 6:00 PM, bjp1 said:

I finally resolved the issue with some of my readings, which came down to "forgetting" I had raised the Mevo+ stand, which needed to be on level ground.  User error, which I'm happy is easy to fix.  Now I don't have a comparison chart for estimated spin numbers, but I'm happy if anyone can tell me if my spin numbers are too low, or any other parameters are unusual for a 5i at my swingspeed.  Comments appreciated, particularly if something looks off.  My typical shot shape is a fade, which most of these shots were characterized as.  I removed some data parameters that are now present in pro package.

Shot grouping.jpg

Data parameters.jpg

I took 5 quick shots to get the data just to compare.

Sub70 639CB bent to 27* lofts

image.png.08c6a1a99301fd92e92c5a31a1c331e5.png

image.png.a7eb76cfbab3f6b773a51f0e8a4acaa8.png

My launch is slightly higher, but my spin higher as well,   My AoA is a little shallower.  

spin does seem lower but again if its acceptable, then I would not lose to much sleep? 

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

23 minutes ago, Firethorn50 said:

It is indeed shallow..too shallow for a 7i. My swing changes should fix that. I just wanted to show the difference that TM was showing me. 

Ok. You seemed convinced that your swing is that shallow and that the TM numbers are correct(?) and M+ is giving high numbers. 

I have some AoA data from some Trackman sessions last year that I will review and post for 7 iron. 

1 minute ago, goudok said:

If you want accurate AOA, club face, face angle you need a quad.  I know TM is accurate, but I would trust a camera based system to see what's going on during impact much more.  Just like if you want accurate ball flight outdoors you want a TM.  Unfortunately that's how it is.  

GC Quad is the best for club data. No argument from me but the goal here is getting a handle on how accurate club data can be from a $3k radar unit. As long as M+ is consistent and within a tolerance I can live with the data. Eventually there will be some comparison test done. 

• Like 2

I just hit balls for the first time since upgrading to the pro package, and updating to the latest firmware, and I would say that they have some work to do here. I am seeing ball speeds that dropped by 10 mph compared to the last time I used it with no change in swing speed or general quality of contact. I also would say that the ball flight it was showing for the driver was not very accurate, both compared to previous sessions and how it felt. I'm also seeing more estimated spin readings with the irons. Previously, that was rare, but now, it's happening on maybe 25% of my iron shots.

I need to look more closely at the club data, but from what I can see, that looked fairly reasonable, but it's hard to be sure. These ball speed readings don't make much sense, though.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Does anyone know if M+ with pro package is more accurate than one without?

Is M+ just taking the data and not showing it in Fsgolf now?

Finding that I'm not getting any missing reads at the moment, the spin levels are still questionable.

Asked this question before, but what's the white dot for now with FSGOLF alignment?

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

1 hour ago, Daniel Eason said:

Does anyone know if M+ with pro package is more accurate than one without?

Is M+ just taking the data and not showing it in Fsgolf now?

Finding that I'm not getting any missing reads at the moment, the spin levels are still questionable.

Asked this question before, but what's the white dot for now with FSGOLF alignment?

There should be no difference in accuracy btw M+ & M+PP. I believe you are right - the unit is measuring the additional data just not showing it. Has to measure H launch and path to come up with spin axis indoors. 

White dot? Didn't notice yet. 

I purchased Pro Package and was using it in outdoor mode at my local range today.   A few observations:

• I had a very difficult time getting club path readings that I would trust.  I was constantly seeing ~2-5L for club path, however when I practice at a local TM facility, I usually see neutral to ~3* positive club path reading.  So this seems quite off.
  • Face to Path seemed fairly accurate, consistently a couple degrees closed to my path which is my tendency.
  • AoA for long irons seemed way too steep for what I would normally see on TM.  I saw a couple 8 down AoAs, however TM will generally show ~4* down with my 4i.
  • Distances on my 3 hybrid, 3 wood, and driver all showed too short for what I see on TM.  Many readings as low as 190 carry with my 3 hybrid, while TM I am consistently at ~210 carry.
  • Spin numbers were way off.  A couple flushed 9 irons read only ~3500 rpm.

Iron and wedge distances did look fairly accurate, and the shot shape I saw on-screen matched the flight I saw, but perhaps with a touch of left bias.  I suspect the M+ might just be ultra finicky about alignment, and I may need a couple more trips out to experiment with that aspect of things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tacticalpanda said:

I purchased Pro Package and was using it in outdoor mode at my local range today.   A few observations:

• I had a very difficult time getting club path readings that I would trust.  I was constantly seeing ~2-5L for club path, however when I practice at a local TM facility, I usually see neutral to ~3* positive club path reading.  So this seems quite off.
  • Face to Path seemed fairly accurate, consistently a couple degrees closed to my path which is my tendency.
  • AoA for long irons seemed way too steep for what I would normally see on TM.  I saw a couple 8 down AoAs, however TM will generally show ~4* down with my 4i.
  • Distances on my 3 hybrid, 3 wood, and driver all showed too short for what I see on TM.  Many readings as low as 190 carry with my 3 hybrid, while TM I am consistently at ~210 carry.

Iron and wedge distances did look fairly accurate, and the shot shape I saw on-screen matched the flight I saw, but perhaps with a touch of left bias.  I suspect the M+ might just be ultra finicky about alignment, and I may need a couple more trips out to experiment with that aspect of things.

Doesn’t TM measure at max compression vs flight scope at moment of impact - could explain the AoA discrepancy.

Are the TM numbers outdoors as well?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tacticalpanda said:

Welcome to my world.

M+ is ultra sensitive outdoors it appears with alignments, which is strange based on the distance you have reading the ball compared to indoors. 

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

Flightscope measures AoA using a different principle/methodology so won't match in any event.

On the different distances, did either have italicized spin numbers? The other point is that FS automatically factors in weather unless you turn it off. Most TMs are set to normalize, I.e. Ignore weather. So if it is cold the FS will show lower total distance.

I think the best test, as you note, is that the ball flight you saw with the M+ matched what you saw with your eyes.

• Like 1

I've only hit balls a couple times since the .20 firmware update.  From what I saw, there does seem to be a slight change for the worse compared to .19 in the data  I'm really still dialing in my setup, and I wonder if the sweet spot I was honing in on for .19 is not ideal for .20 firmware.  One odd thing I noticed was my mid-long irons seemed way off, but my 21 degree UW seemed dead nuts on compared to distance I see on the course.

@tacticalpanda Where are you located and what’s the temperature?  What setting is Mevo on?  Local weather or sea level?  I hate that sea level is a label for a weather setting.

Also, what condition are your range balls in?  I presort, picking junky old worn balls for warmup, the best for driver, and the rest for wedges and irons.

I did a quick comparison between the numbers from yesterday versus my previous session, and it looks like for some clubs, the ball speeds are pretty close, but for others that I highlighte, there are really big differences. I really wasn't hitting the ball consistently significantly worse yesterday (shank aside -- I removed that from the numbers), and certainly not to the point that it would explain 7-12 mph differences. I hope Flightscope is seeing these issues that people are reporting and working on some updates to the firmware to fix them.

image.png.358e81d67a3baa3e54064a9de5497255.png

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

18 hours ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

If anyone was wondering, M+ will track a cold shank😆

0979494A-EBE5-4397-9901-279B24F28D7A.jpeg.7fd684863dcc974e25433710c3e2f0ab.jpeg

How generously did they describe it...Push/Slice?  I've had a fair share of those recently (pushing hands forward), and I like the idea that this can be called a push/slice instead of a skank!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

3 minutes ago, bjp1 said:

How generously did they describe it...Push/Slice?  I've had a fair share of those recently (pushing hands forward), and I like the idea that this can be called a push/slice instead of a skank!

Yeah, "push/slice". As in, I pushed the hosel into the ball, and it sliced through the air and missed the net entirely and scared the crap out of me when it rocketed off a sheet of plywood and back at me.😱

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, tacticalpanda said:

I checked the data from the few Trackman videos I have from a session in November.  Two 7 iron swings were -2.4 and -2.9. Two 5 iron swings were both -3.2. Comparing that to the AoA data I'm getting on M+ (below - with an 8 iron) there is definitely a difference in how they are measured.  M+ is consistently giving steeper AoA compared to TM with irons.

AoA

8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG

Edited by Dan13
Typo
  • Like 1

Set up with the .20 firmware and latest app update. I have ~12 feet to the screen. Satisfied with iron numbers but all woods--especially driver--are just 20-30 yards short. I hit a 4 iron 205ish but well-struck drives are only carrying 225-230. Using Titleist RCT balls. I suspect the Mevo+ just won't ever be able to give me accurate driver numbers indoors. Might be time to consider a GC3.

• Like 1

Was thinking about where TM measures vs. FS and it actually starts to makes sense.  TM at full compression and FS at first touch. At full compression the ground is working against the club continuing down so the measured AoA is reduced - especially on a mat. Where as FS measures at first touch where the ground has no influence assuming ball first contact. 

3 hours ago, games said:

@tacticalpanda Where are you located and what’s the temperature?  What setting is Mevo on?  Local weather or sea level?  I hate that sea level is a label for a weather setting.

Also, what condition are your range balls in?  I presort, picking junky old worn balls for warmup, the best for driver, and the rest for wedges and irons.

I had it set to sea level, so I believe local weather was turned off.  Range balls are typical range balls, definitely not brand new but they still have dimples and aren't covered in mud.

7 hours ago, Sukh said:

On the different distances, did either have italicized spin numbers? The other point is that FS automatically factors in weather unless you turn it off. Most TMs are set to normalize, I.e. Ignore weather. So if it is cold the FS will show lower total distance.

I usually see italicized spin at my local TM facility, it's indoors and they don't have RCT balls yet.  I don't think the spin readings on the M+ were italicized, and looking back through FS Golf, out of 10 shots with my 9i I see 1 no-read and 3 below 4k spin - clearly just entirely inaccurate for this club.

I'm a lowly 12 handicap, my swing could definitely have just been off.  I'm going to try to get back to my TM facility and then try M+ again on the same day to see how they stack up again.

Does anyone know if roll makes a difference? My garage floor is not completely flat, so it has a roll of -1.8 degrees. This is in the green acceptable range for mevo+, but i could level it off if I wanted to. I would also have to do that for my mat to make it consistent though, which I haven't bothered with yet. 

8 hours ago, darunia484 said:

Does anyone know if roll makes a difference? My garage floor is not completely flat, so it has a roll of -1.8 degrees. This is in the green acceptable range for mevo+, but i could level it off if I wanted to. I would also have to do that for my mat to make it consistent though, which I haven't bothered with yet. 

That’s a fair amount of roll. I picked up the mevo stand referred by Scott hogan and  dial it in easily to about zero. 

now if only fsapp was arming the radar…

Edited by bvanlieu

10 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Was thinking about where TM measures vs. FS and it actually starts to makes sense.  TM at full compression and FS at first touch. At full compression the ground is working against the club continuing down so the measured AoA is reduced - especially on a mat. Where as FS measures at first touch where the ground has no influence assuming ball first contact. 

There is also gear effect of the ball - force pushing backwards to on the club head. As I understand it - this will make the AoA shallower on TM because it’s a fraction of a second later than Mevo+. I also wonder if max compression timing changes if your hitting up with a tee since there’s no ground to press the ball against. My head hurts now thinking about all that… 

12 hours ago, darunia484 said:

How many estimated spins do others get? I probably get it on 1/3-1/2 of my shots, even with the metallic sticker (8 feet ball flight). Not sure why..

I’m certainly getting more after the .20 upgrade.  I’d say 5 out of every 15 are estimated spins.  I’m using RCT balls with with 9’ of ball flight.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X