New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

25 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Lol, I have no idea what that gibberish means. My ball speed is nothing special, a bit above average but heaps of people swing (considerably) faster. That's kind of the point, a bit above average speed makes the Mevo+ fall apart in a spec that meets (at least the original) specifications. I'm hardly unique; this forum plus the other forum that you troll and Facebook are full of reports of people getting rubbish results on the driver.

Now obviously you can't expect a $2K device to provide the same output as a $20K device. What has irritated me (and lots of other people) is that the initial marketing was strongly implying that the price differential was due to the lower number of data points supplied, without mentioning / downplaying the reduced accuracy part of the equation.

Honestly curious if you’ve reached out to their support on this? I am a TM fan and on the advice of my instructor who intro’d me to TM - finally decided to pick up one of these units. TM indoors has faults too at higher speeds - they just happen less often.

My reasons for purchasing were affordability, the add’l datapoints, and multiple posts about flightscope’s willingness to jump on with their developers to troubleshoot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Lol, I have no idea what that gibberish means. My ball speed is nothing special, a bit above average but heaps of people swing (considerably) faster. That's kind of the point, a bit above average speed makes the Mevo+ fall apart in a spec that meets (at least the original) specifications. I'm hardly unique; this forum plus the other forum that you troll and Facebook are full of reports of people getting rubbish results on the driver.

Now obviously you can't expect a $2K device to provide the same output as a $20K device. What has irritated me (and lots of other people) is that the initial marketing was strongly implying that the price differential was due to the lower number of data points supplied, without mentioning / downplaying the reduced accuracy part of the equation.

Obviously $2k and $20k there is a discrepancy,  So does that mean you accept that there are limitations to the unit?  You cant expect it to spit numbers out that rival a Trackman or an GCquad right?  Secondly if you want to dive in, there is the X3 which should then be on par.

Its like trying to compare a Toyota Corolla to a Corvette.  They both have 4 wheels and an engine.... they both get you to point A to Point B, they can both reach 100+mph, but one just gets there quicker and likely more reliably.  So are you going to damn a corolla for not doin 0-60 in 2.2seconds or 0 to 1000 in 8 seconds.....seriously...

Why is there so much demand to have the Mevo+ perform like a GCquad or a TM.  This thing gives accurate ball speeds, a reliable shot shape, GOOD spin numbers on wedges and irons, Driver not so much,  Good Launch angles,  and for $900 more, you can get some decent club data now (I dont know how good, but its available LOL)

I have ball speeds of 140-160,  I do have higher spin numbers but the recent firmware data has really addressed it.  and brought it down. 

I just posted a video of the dude with 198mph ball speed with spin numbers close to his $15,000 GCquad... What more do you expect.

I also have my buddy that has ballspeeds in the  160mph with normal spin numbers (will pull it from the Ipad tonight)

$1,800 vs $15,000 &$25,000 respectably.  If you want to compare, GO buy the X3 and complain about that.  

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Thanks brother.....  Its funny when you say 1st world problem.  I have mention this about 10 times in multiple threads. 

Coming from an SC100 which is a single radar and archaic at best.   It was STILL super accurate at capturing ball speeds. Thats IT, Anything else was a crap shoot.

Then the ES14, which was a huge upgrade, but no dispersion and it was total spin, so spin was a little wonky. BUT distance was much better and worked well on my short game. bigger thing? 6ft of ball flight was enough to get decently accurate numbers.

Now comes Mevo+ HUGELY more accurate than those 2. Is it a Trackman? NO.... Does it serves its purpose? Absolutely. Is it perfect hell no.

The best part,  Flightscope provides a Trajectory optimizer for free and for years.  That right there was the holy grail.

Your average swing speed X 1.5 smash = X ball speed. Plug in some optimal Launch conditions and you got your Carry number PERIOD.

From there you use Mevo+ to get close to those optimal Launch window.  If a bad read shows up... GUESS WHAT its a bad read.... If you know you spin it at 2000rpms but it says 3000,  you either hit a bad shot, or it read it wrong.  Damning the machine to hell forever... is just a waste of time.

If not... cough up the $25,000 and buy the best of the best.... this was $1,800 on sale..... ........well worth it.

Ok.. how do you get to the optimizer??

10 minutes ago, Firethorn50 said:

Ok.. how do you get to the optimizer??

https://trajectory.flightscope.com/

Here you go!

SUPER powerful tool, 

I have a swing speed 100-105 on any given day,

105 max swing speed x 1.5 = 157.5 mph max theoretical ball speed.

plug that in and start working backwards from TM's 17/1700,

image.png.2e4f2e2ca2f5a2272332aebc7722cd8f.png

From there you can figure out your optimal Launch window,

17/1700 gives me 266 carry 275 total, but 124ft height

15/2300 gives me 261 carry 268 total 114ft height

11/2500 gives me 252 carry 262 total 82.5

So a nice window for an optimal ball speed is 15* launch and 2300rpms of spin which is realistic and I can target for those launch conditions using the Mevo+ now.....

Simple.... not sure why people keep losing their minds....

*edit*

Btw,  when I do strike a driver well, I would say I am in the 235-240carry and 250-260 total distances, So again, that 15/2300 is realistic for me so the optimizer is pretty spot on.  That means add in some spin axis and Horizontal launch to the optimizer and the it matches up pretty darn well with real life.

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

BINGO!!!!  Its been well documented that the higher swing speeds struggle with Radar if its not top notch 5 radars etc. (sarcasm)  

But oddly watched this guy and he didnt have too much issues with 132mph Club speed and 197mph ball speed INDOOR.

So other than that, if it dont work for you, sell it and buck up the dollas....

Like the anti vaxers they only see what they want

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

https://trajectory.flightscope.com/

Here you go!

SUPER powerful tool, 

I have a swing speed 100-105 on any given day,

105 max swing speed x 1.5 = 157.5 mph max theoretical ball speed.

plug that in and start working backwards from TM's 17/1700,

image.png.2e4f2e2ca2f5a2272332aebc7722cd8f.png

From there you can figure out your optimal Launch window,

17/1700 gives me 266 carry 275 total, but 124ft height

15/2300 gives me 261 carry 268 total 114ft height

11/2500 gives me 252 carry 262 total 82.5

So a nice window for an optimal ball speed is 15* launch and 2300rpms of spin which is realistic and I can target for those launch conditions using the Mevo+ now.....

Simple.... not sure why people keep losing their minds....

*edit*

Btw,  when I do strike a driver well, I would say I am in the 235-240carry and 250-260 total distances, So again, that 15/2300 is realistic for me so the optimizer is pretty spot on.  That means add in some spin axis and Horizontal launch to the optimizer and the it matches up pretty darn well with real life.

I’ve never even used mine with a driver indoors. 

53 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Obviously $2k and $20k there is a discrepancy,  So does that mean you accept that there are limitations to the unit?  You cant expect it to spit numbers out that rival a Trackman or an GCquad right?  Secondly if you want to dive in, there is the X3 which should then be on par.

Its like trying to compare a Toyota Corolla to a Corvette.  They both have 4 wheels and an engine.... they both get you to point A to Point B, they can both reach 100+mph, but one just gets there quicker and likely more reliably.  So are you going to damn a corolla for not doin 0-60 in 2.2seconds or 0 to 1000 in 8 seconds.....seriously...

Why is there so much demand to have the Mevo+ perform like a GCquad or a TM.  This thing gives accurate ball speeds, a reliable shot shape, GOOD spin numbers on wedges and irons, Driver not so much,  Good Launch angles,  and for $900 more, you can get some decent club data now (I dont know how good, but its available LOL)

I have ball speeds of 140-160,  I do have higher spin numbers but the recent firmware data has really addressed it.  and brought it down. 

I just posted a video of the dude with 198mph ball speed with spin numbers close to his $15,000 GCquad... What more do you expect.

I also have my buddy that has ballspeeds in the  160mph with normal spin numbers (will pull it from the Ipad tonight)

$1,800 vs $15,000 &$25,000 respectably.  If you want to compare, GO buy the X3 and complain about that.  

It's not how it performs vs Trackman or Quad that's the problem, it's how it performs vs initial Flightscope marketing that's the problem. They definitely stated that it performs similarly indoors to the Xi series (not at all in my experience although admittedly the Xi's I've hit on were not in my environment) and there have been various accuracy claims vs X3 / reality in their webinars that don't match what I've seen.

It was billed more of what the GC3 is vs Quad where you get less data parameters for a lower price but the accuracy is rock solid. However, I'm not going back and watching 10 hours of Webinars so that I can say "at 23:52 of this video, Henri Johnson says that Mevo+ has a tolerance of +- 1% vs X3" or whatever.  I also think that video you posted proved my point. Ball and club speed was accurate with driver (and even the $500 devices are pretty good at that) but spin wasn't close on the 3 shots he hit. He didn't show AoA or spin axis either unless I missed it.

If I knew how it would have performed in my environment which does meet the Flightscope short indoor specs (lucky if I get 50% spin reads on irons and wedges), hybrids are suspect and driver is rubbish) then I would never have bought it. Some months ago Flightscope briefly put out a table of ball speeds vs spin rates for driver vs ball to screen distance (can't remember if it was in a webinar, email or their website but I can't find it now) and it clearly showed me in "no go" territory. IMO that was accurate and If I had seen that up front then I would not have bought the Mevo+. They recently put out a ball speed vs distance vs spin equation and according to that formula I should be ok, but I'm not. I will test Fusion Tracking later today. I haven't used my unit in months and was going to sell it but have held off in the hopes that Fusion Tracking and RCT balls (once supported and available in Australia) make it usable for me.

Edited by GolfTurkey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@GolfTurkey You feeling me?

Either you’re a poseur and Optishot is more your speed or you simply don’t fit in with 98% of the FlightScope target market.

We can’t all fit in.  You be you!

Adding:  Reading level above 12th grade.  Just not feeling you right now.  

Cool?

Edited by games

14 minutes ago, games said:

@GolfTurkey You feeling me?

Either you’re a poseur and Optishot is more your speed or you simply don’t fit in with 98% of the FlightScope target market.

We can’t all fit in.  You be you!

Adding:  Reading level above 12th grade.  Just not feeling you right now.  

Cool?

80 Funny Weed Memes

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DCbogeyKING said:

Did you even try to look?

Yes, I did. Every.Day.  Multiple times per day as a matter of fact. 

That video was posted TODAY.  ONE review. ONE. And it’s Fusion Tracking, not the Pro Package. 

So maybe consider getting off that high horse of yours.

32 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

That video was posted TODAY.  ONE review. ONE. And it’s Fusion Tracking, not the Pro Package. 

Fair point about the pro package vs fusion tracking. And I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult you I was genuinely asking. 

1 hour ago, GolfTurkey said:

It's not how it performs vs Trackman or Quad that's the problem, it's how it performs vs initial Flightscope marketing that's the problem. They definitely stated that it performs similarly indoors to the Xi series (not at all in my experience although admittedly the Xi's I've hit on were not in my environment) and there have been various accuracy claims vs X3 / reality in their webinars that don't match what I've seen.

It was billed more of what the GC3 is vs Quad where you get less data parameters for a lower price but the accuracy is rock solid. However, I'm not going back and watching 10 hours of Webinars so that I can say "at 23:52 of this video, Henri Johnson says that Mevo+ has a tolerance of +- 1% vs X3" or whatever.  I also think that video you posted proved my point. Ball and club speed was accurate with driver (and even the $500 devices are pretty good at that) but spin wasn't close on the 3 shots he hit. He didn't show AoA or spin axis either unless I missed it.

If I knew how it would have performed in my environment which does meet the Flightscope short indoor specs (lucky if I get 50% spin reads on irons and wedges), hybrids are suspect and driver is rubbish) then I would never have bought it. Some months ago Flightscope briefly put out a table of ball speeds vs spin rates for driver vs ball to screen distance (can't remember if it was in a webinar, email or their website but I can't find it now) and it clearly showed me in "no go" territory. IMO that was accurate and If I had seen that up front then I would not have bought the Mevo+. They recently put out a ball speed vs distance vs spin equation and according to that formula I should be ok, but I'm not. I will test Fusion Tracking later today. I haven't used my unit in months and was going to sell it but have held off in the hopes that Fusion Tracking and RCT balls (once supported and available in Australia) make it usable for me.

Fact is, sometimes it just doesnt work for everyone.

I am short indoors and have minimal issues. my irons and wedges are like 99%,  my woods are like 90% and my Driver is like 50%.

Based on all the reading I have done, the issues are known it wasn't a shockingly surprise.  There are limitations.  

Now you throw a goal post of "its supposed to be"  GC3 vs GCquad, lower price and date.  Yes... It still is the BIGGER difference comparing GC vs Mevo is one is Radar and one is Camera.

If you knew you were indoor and you knew it was short indoor. the GREATEST reliable purchase would have been the Skytrack, (or if you could afford GCQuad, or waited out for the BLP/GC3)

I made that SAME decision, but what stopped me was my kids smashed the ES14 that sits in front of the ball. There was NO way I was going to have a unit there. so I took the chance on the Mevo+. Fortunately for me Indoor and short indoor to boot works JUST fine.

I took it outside and it works fine, so I have honestly nothing bad to say. Other than unfortunately your environment just doesnt work. Is it the units fault? I dont know.  Or is it buyers remorse due to the environment?  No one is forcing you to keep it, sell it, buy the GC3 and life happy with a camera PLM?

Why get angry at the system? Why get angry at flightscope? They "Lied" because it doesnt work for you.  You want a flightscope tech to fly to you and check all your parameters just to make sure that its not a good fit for your setup?.......

really what did  2019-2022 do to people.....

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

40 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

This is getting out of hand... but serious respectful post.

I too was curious when they releases the .20 firmware update a couple of weeks ago.  I could not find any videos at all. I still have NO Idea if Fusion Tracking is working at all.  But to expected content creators to have the Videos READY the day of the Firmware/product release ready.  I am assuming you know that it does still take a day to edit video's, and upload meaning once the record it, the recording wont come out for at least 24-48hours at best. UNLESS they were doing it live?

I mean were you expecting the Content creators to be releasing Videos at 12:01am 02/01/2022?

Give it a week, they have to test it, compare the data, edit the video then upload it.

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

2 hours ago, Firethorn50 said:

I’ve never even used mine with a driver indoors. 

side question?  Why not? Not enough space? Sketchy you might hit something or you dont like the data?  

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

2 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

You are wasting your breath arguing with games, he is a full on mevo fanboi and refuses to accept that it has limitations for some users. He thinks since his unit works well, that if someone else has issues with theirs, it is 100% operator error, which simply isn't true. Unless you have a perfect indoor environment, even the Xi series has issues, so it's expected the mevo+ will be even worse.

I was happy with my Xi+ indoors for a few years, until I wasn't. That was after I reconfigured my hitting area multiple times, reorganized the whole garage, converted to all LED lighting, etc. It was good for full irons shots (although still with some misreads), but on partial wedges and long clubs it could not be trusted. I had a glimmer of hope that the Mevo+ with it's more focused hitting area and promise of better short game tracking might actually be better for me, but after a few months of reading reviews and first hand issues in here, it was clear it wasn't going to be any better.  I knew I had a baby on the way and if I wanted to keep those areas sharp I would need to be able to work on them at home, so ultimately sold it and moved to a camera based unit and couldn't be happier. I am in the 160-170 ball speed range as well, so 100% understand where you are coming from. You are also 100% right that flightscope should have (and easily could have) been more upfront with the units potential limitations indoors. It's as if they did very little beta testing with actual users in actual home/garage environments. 

Edited by Krt22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I mean were you expecting the Content creators to be releasing Videos at 12:01am 02/01/2022?

Give it a week, they have to test it, compare the data, edit the video then upload it.

No.  No I wasn’t expecting that.  In fact, I explained exactly what I meant in my post: Flightscope stated on social media in December that they were seeding Pro Package with instructors and influencers several weeks in advance of the release date.

I am curious where those videos/reviews are because ... again as I said in my post ... I wouldn’t think the embargo date [for content creators] would be the same day as the release date. And even if the embargo date was the release date, we still don’t have any reviews from people who had early access (and therefore had plenty of time to test it, compare the data, edit the video, and then upload it) rather than people who bought it on release day.

And by “curious,” I meant … “curious.”  Not angry, not suspicious, not proposing a conspiracy theory. 

38BF2DA8-1694-4E94-A78A-79586BCBB5FB.png.d20e97e92d0d1ea6477ae28e40084035.png

0DB3B116-C70F-4653-9D07-C8EFB1219DC6.jpeg.4d43160c82617ae803e8930b9c37b9e9.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

No.  No I wasn’t expecting that.  In fact, I explained exactly what I meant in my post: Flightscope stated on social media in December that they were seeding Pro Package with instructors and influencers several weeks in advance of the release date.

I am curious where those videos/reviews are because ... again as I said in my post ... I wouldn’t think the embargo date [for content creators] would be the same day as the release date. And even if the embargo date was the release date, we still don’t have any reviews from people who had early access (and therefore had plenty of time to test it, compare the data, edit the video, and then upload it) rather than people who bought it on release day.

And by “curious,” I meant … “curious.”  Not angry, not suspicious, not proposing a conspiracy theory. 

38BF2DA8-1694-4E94-A78A-79586BCBB5FB.png.d20e97e92d0d1ea6477ae28e40084035.png

0DB3B116-C70F-4653-9D07-C8EFB1219DC6.jpeg.4d43160c82617ae803e8930b9c37b9e9.jpeg

And I again I stated, Do you think they provided these pre beta test to "Content Creators" or actual people that would "beta" test hardware/software to give them "beta test" data to improve.

example Scott Hogan, Mr. Shortgame, Rick Shiels etc. likely could have been part of the beta test, but again for them to produce a video worthy, of review takes time.  Again I would assume we should see them rolling a week out of the Firmware release and NOT the Day of 12:01am 02/01/2022.  Thats just being "optomistic"

My deepest apologies if I am in any way pushing my ire toward you, please accept my apologies.  But, the complaints for this seem overwhelming.  And YES the BLP/GC3 a camera system that is potential way more effective for a sim and indoors, to which MOST PLM people are using them during this COVID19 situation, is undeniable. I do not deny it in the slightest.

The mevo+ has its limitations and if you did not do your home work its not the fault of the system. To expect it to perform like a TM.... is just a pipe dream.

Anyways.  We should all take a deep breath (including me, I took a nice scotch and ice, so I am good LOL).

But DAMN.... give the peeps a chance.... its really not that bad, if not I can mail someone my SC100 and compare it to their Mevo+ and then they can REALLY understand the pain of some old school radar systems 😂.

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I’ve used mine 3 times now, and I’m impressed. I’m set up in my garage hitting into a net with just enough space for short indoor mode. I have the unit set up 7.5 ft behind me and there’s room for about 8ft or a hair more of ball flight. I’m using RCT balls. The only thing it can’t do consistently is measure spin with the driver. It’s almost always giving me estimated spin, and the couple that aren’t seem to be doubled. But the ball speed and launch angle numbers seem pretty accurate based on previous info I’ve seen on Trackman. With fairways and irons, other than very occasional misreads, I’m seeing consistent data that looks to be accurate. When I mis-hit it, it’s reflected in the numbers, and the ball flight matches what I feel at impact. I’ve hit intentionally big draws and fades, and it has read them correctly. All in all, it’s doing everything I could ask of a unit at this price point, and I haven’t even been able to use it outside. I’m not sure if I just lucked into a good unit, or my expectations were in line with what the Mevo+ can do, but it’s been great so far.

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I wonder why flightscope done all this hassle about firmware update and app update. Generally there is a launch date and everything is launched at once. Now there is a multiple emails and instagram updates about it and when the date comes there missing a multiple features and then they announce that app update is coming in ”few weeks”?

I like my mevo+ but otherwise than many others I noticed odd spin numbers after firmware update 0.19. I have compared my unit to trackman (indoors) and earlier all numbers were quite spot on. After 0.19 update spin numbers dropped ~500 rpm and are all the time quite low with all clubs. Hopefully 0.20 correct this problem.

I think flightscope need to do this update for new features because competition in this market share will be increasing in next 1-2 years. Being first to offer ”all” parametres in this price group won`t hurt at all. Those new features with additional price are great but how they do it is not. Giving release date and the pushing some features in the future when users have waited them a month. Also this registering for discount code for existing users didn`t work. In Europe they haven`t sent any discount code and when asked customer service answered that email is coming following days. 

I think comparison is not fair to 20k LM`s and this lower 2-3k price will affect to accuracy (tolerances) or lack of features. I`m happy that Flightscope has chosen this route and I really hope that they get everything working correctly. Like someone meantioned there earlier something is wrong because there is no reviews about pro package and new features eventhought they have released it to beta testing and they sell it in pga show (if i understand correctly). Compare for example to TM stealth which have multiple reviews allmost immidiately after TM launched it officially.

I was really interested to buy pro package at the very beginning but after all this hassle I`m thinking to wait at least to that point when there is multiple reviews with new features and tests that everything works or at least the data are reliable enough.

I updated my firmware and FS Golf app and hit some shots (in flip-flops), with some rather unexpected results (this was all using std sea level with a new Snell MTB-X ball with a metal dot):

First I hit 12 shots with 7i. Eight shots had estimated spin and club and ball speed seemed inflated (97.2 avg club, 132 ball. I would have expected low 90's club at most). This resulted in a average carry of 188 yards when my on course number is 170. One shot with an actual spin read of 5,766 RPM had a ball speed of 137.9 and carry of 199.8 yards and I simply don't ever see that (in shoes, let alone flip-flops). I hoped AoA would improve with Fusion tracking and it was all over the show, between 7.5 down and 0.9 up (lol, wut?). On TM I'm between 4 and 5 down with 7i.

Then I hit 10 shots with PW. Six shots had estimated spins. Club and ball speed looked inflated again. Club avg was 92.1 and I don't go at it that hard (129 is my PW carry on course). The shots that read spin were going about 10 yards long because of the speed, and the estimated spins were down in the 6Ks so I was seeing some 154 yard carry PWs on the estimated spins (never see that on course).

Finally, I hit 10 shots with driver and strangely this gave the most normal results. Only 2 shots had estimated spin and the back spin #s seemed plausible. 112.9 avg club and 166.5 avg ball was still a bit high for flip-flops, those are my "shoe" numbers. AoA was still random, from 6.4 up a few that read 2 down. I've only ever hit one shot on TM or Quad with a -ve AoA with driver and that was deliberate and took a pretty contrived swing.

I have a X2 that I am using on short indoor setting in my garage and it struggles with anything more than a 2i for me. Any higher ball speed than around 140-145 mph and I can't trust what is being displayed on screen and that's that's much bigger unit that was at a much higher price point than Mevo+ when it was new. 

If the bigger one struggles with limited flight then the little one is going to struggle as well. 

I only use mine for 6i down and mostly for wedges and partial wedges and it has made a massive difference to that part of my game. The yardages I see indoors are the same as what I see outdoors when I laser pins with a bushnell and hit the shot as I intended to. 

I am getting a Mevo+ for my birthday next week purely because I am getting nervous about the X2 failing, the power pack blew a couple of months ago and it took a few weeks to find one and have it shipped to me, I'm in the UK so flightscope USA wouldn't ship to me and the UK supplier who I bought the unit from ended up sourcing one from Poland for me. I wanted to get sim software for the X2 but I was nervous about spending the money for sim software and the unit failing leaving me with software I can't use.

The Mevo+ is only slightly more expensive than the software I was looking at, comes with sim software built into the price and has warranty and support with updates which was stopped with the X2 years ago. 

Am I expecting it to be perfect and read everything? Not even nearly, I have been using the X2 indoors for about 6 years and know that my setup and space I have isn't ideal and will cause accuracy and speed restriction issues but for the level of golf I play at (5 handicap) and the amount of opportunity I get to play golf with having 2 young children who are under 4 it allows me an opportunity to do some form of meaningful practice at night when the kids are in bed and it's dark outside and work on something that will improve my game when I do get a chance to play. 

Unless you have a room thats about 20-25 feet long then any radar is going to struggle indoors and have accuracy issues. I have about 16 feet that is cut down to 15 feet to leave space behind my archery net so I am compromised from a starting point but don't have the desire to spend the money for foresight as I just can't justify the extra expenditure when there is still a mortgage to pay and things I would rather spend the money on for the kids. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

side question?  Why not? Not enough space? Sketchy you might hit something or you dont like the data?  

I have plenty of space. Two reasons really; I don’t like the sporadic data it seems to give on longer clubs indoors and the sound of my driver in that space is deafening!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alan Pllu said:

I have a X2 that I am using on short indoor setting in my garage and it struggles with anything more than a 2i for me. Any higher ball speed than around 140-145 mph and I can't trust what is being displayed on screen and that's that's much bigger unit that was at a much higher price point than Mevo+ when it was new. 

If the bigger one struggles with limited flight then the little one is going to struggle as well. 

I only use mine for 6i down and mostly for wedges and partial wedges and it has made a massive difference to that part of my game. The yardages I see indoors are the same as what I see outdoors when I laser pins with a bushnell and hit the shot as I intended to. 

I am getting a Mevo+ for my birthday next week purely because I am getting nervous about the X2 failing, the power pack blew a couple of months ago and it took a few weeks to find one and have it shipped to me, I'm in the UK so flightscope USA wouldn't ship to me and the UK supplier who I bought the unit from ended up sourcing one from Poland for me. I wanted to get sim software for the X2 but I was nervous about spending the money for sim software and the unit failing leaving me with software I can't use.

The Mevo+ is only slightly more expensive than the software I was looking at, comes with sim software built into the price and has warranty and support with updates which was stopped with the X2 years ago. 

Am I expecting it to be perfect and read everything? Not even nearly, I have been using the X2 indoors for about 6 years and know that my setup and space I have isn't ideal and will cause accuracy and speed restriction issues but for the level of golf I play at (5 handicap) and the amount of opportunity I get to play golf with having 2 young children who are under 4 it allows me an opportunity to do some form of meaningful practice at night when the kids are in bed and it's dark outside and work on something that will improve my game when I do get a chance to play. 

Unless you have a room thats about 20-25 feet long then any radar is going to struggle indoors and have accuracy issues. I have about 16 feet that is cut down to 15 feet to leave space behind my archery net so I am compromised from a starting point but don't have the desire to spend the money for foresight as I just can't justify the extra expenditure when there is still a mortgage to pay and things I would rather spend the money on for the kids. 

Same here. I have 8-9’ to ball and about 15’ of ball flight and I don’t hit anything over a 7i.

I will chime in and say my experience has been similar to Allan Pllu and 3 Jack. Set up in garage (away from door) with unit 7 feet behind ball and apprx 9 feet of ball flight. Using an RCT ball. Half/ full wedges and irons have been very good. Spin is not perfect but 90% of time seems reasonable. Sometimes doubles the spin. Normally I don’t swing much in the winter but going into the garage for 30 mins has been awesome. Sounds like I have been saved a lot of frustration since don’t have the ceiling height to swing a driver or 3 wood. 

I typically pay attention to the following: ball speed, club speed, H launch, spin axis direction. I’ve used it for some speed training and am able to swing 8 iron now at 87 mph max or 83 avg which is up 3-6 mph compared to where I started. H launch and spin axis have been super helpful in diagnosing my habit of setting up with the face alittle closed. M+ has helped me improve and kept me swinging - that is a win. 

• Like 2

Quick question -- is it common for there to be disconnects between the FS Golf app and the myFlightscope site? I wanted to look at the data from my session yesterday because I like the summaries you can see on the website with each club showing averages and such, but it's missing all the shots I hit with my driver and driving iron, and 2 of the 5 I hit with my 3 wood. I thought it might have been that it just didn't have the shots I hit latest in the session, but my PW was the last club I hit, and all of those shots are there. It's not a big deal (though it is annoying), but I'm new to the FS sites and apps, so I was wondering if this is something that other people have seen.

Edited by 3_Jack_Par
  • Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

4 hours ago, Sukh said:

Anyone have first hand reviews of the pro package in an indoor setting? 

Bought it and was messing around with it last night. Short indoor mode for reference. I don't have any expensive device to compare it to but based on feel and the limited ball flight I have, the data seems good. The trends and issues I see with my path and face with my instructor on Trackman show up all the same on the Mevo+.  And when I feel myself make the correct moves I've learned in lessons, I see the payoff with a more neutral club path. Low point is a cool metric that's new to me and has bee useful too. From what I've read here, the best players in the world average between 4 and 4.5 inches after the ball with an iron. When I hit this number on mevo+ the strikes feel pure. 

I don't think the pro package makes the device a better simulation device. Maybe it helps with driver indoors where the device struggles to pick up spin axis and instead can fall back to the D-Plane metrics to calculate it? Maybe. But I don't think anybody is going to  play E6/TGC before and after a pro package update and think "wow this is way more realistic now" or anything. The device was already great for that. 

The pro package is going to really be for the swing nerds, the golfers that are looking to dial their practice way in, the instructors who can't afford a Quad etc. Trackman and GCQuad are still better devices and always will be but the gap has narrowed and at $3k all in, I think it's a steal to get this level of quality metrics. 

• Like 4