2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

38 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

It would actually be smart if they did factor in which club it was, that would help them set rough boundary conditions and filter out some noise. 

Hey Krt22,   So I have been on the fence about this since I have played extensively with both the SC100 & ES14 before getting the Mevo+

Its a risk vs reward in my mind.

1) The SC100 was archaic, BUT read ball speeds well.  The issue I found when I was a really bad golfer (not that I am much better LOL), because of the Boundaries, bad shots would not read at all or it would give majorly false readings, what I mean is say a driver,  The SC100 had a set 9.5* driver loft setting, setting a Launch angle range of 11-15* and a spin average of 2500rpms. So if you launched the ball (its forte of capturing ballspeed) at 150mph, it just defaults the remaining LA and Spin to spit out X distance (Say 260y), if you miss hit the ball,  say 140mph,  it would still use the default LA and spin and spit out X distance (Say 240y). With less ball speed, you know full well it was a duck hook or a slice off the planet that only went 200y.   Zero regards to side spin direction etc.  So the Parameters ranges would not accurately reflect bad shots.

2) The ES14 was similar but since it read Total spin and LA it would be a little more accurate in the distance ranges.  The issue was still the "preset" lofts set boundaries of LA angle if I recall and the total spin without regards to side spin, so total spin 6000, but reality it could be 4000 back and 2000 L/R spin, again a bad strike was not correctly displayed.

For me Mevo+ using it at all levels where it just reads the pure ball flight, good shot or bad shot to me helps the "improving" golfer as you can sorta zero in better the issues?  I guess for high level golfers that dont miss often and to set parameters to really improve accuracy would be great.  BUT I think outdoors and fuller flight this thing is accurate/really accurate for the price?

Edited by Exactice808

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

38 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

M+ doesn't care if you are hitting a 3 iron versus a 7 iron but Flightscope has been clear in the M+ webinar's I've watched that the unit does care about woods or irons or wedges. Just those 3 categories. Never seen a driver with 6,000 rpms before. Something is not right.

Since you have been in the Webinar, I cant deny your info ( I will read more)

I guess I have not seen an issue?  As an example, I have forgotten many times to change the club selection and it usually defaults to Driver when you start up both FS app and E6.

I grab my PW and start whacking away and it gives me TRUE ball data, as its reading exactly what it sees?  I cant imagine that the Driver setting is tapering Data because it sees much less ball speed, swing speed, Launch, spin?

Same when I am in simulation, sometimes it gives me X club selection and I disregard it, and just hit the club I want without changing the "club selector"?

Anyways I would say regardless its good practice to switch vs club you use, BUT I do dont recall seeing this affect the data? my usless $0.02?

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

4 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Hey Krt22,   So I have been on the fence about this since I have played extensively with both the SC100 & ES14 before getting the Mevo+

Its a risk vs reward in my mind.

For me Mevo+ using it at all levels where it just reads the pure ball flight, good shot or bad shot to me helps the "improving" golfer as you can sorta zero in better the issues?  I guess for high level golfers that dont miss often and to set parameters to really improve accuracy would be great.  BUT I think outdoors and fuller flight this thing is accurate/really accurate for the price?

Outdoors definitely less value in segmenting and should be  accurate (should be is a big ** though, as user Daniel above clearly isn't getting accurate data outdoors). But when used indoors or with limited flight, definitely potential value in it. The biggest issue indoors is noise, basically so much of the signals get reflected back to the unit, it has trouble differentiating what is what when it does its calculations. That or it just doesn't get enough ball flight to get a truly accurate measurement (the ball speed to spin ratio mentioned above is an example of this). This is where you get misreads, complete misses at times, calculated spin, etc. If they did use club as a parameter, they can filter out some noise because they can focus on which part of the what the radar "sees". The radar by itself doesn't "see" anything, it just sends and receives signals, the simulated ball flight is the algorithms interpretation of this data it gets back. So you are not guessing anything like some of those other units, you would simply be setting boundaries on what data is relevant, so you can better use the available computing power. Garbage in equals garbage out, so if you can filter out some garbage your output will be better

The concept isn't much different than what fusion tracking does. When the club and ball are close to the same speed (ie short chip shots), the algo clearly has issues differentiating the two, which is why other units struggle in this space. This is where fusion tracking can be helpful, basically they are using the image data to help better segment the radar data, such that their algo better tell what is what. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Outdoors definitely less value in segmenting and should be  accurate (should be is a big ** though, as user Daniel above clearly isn't getting accurate data outdoors). But when used indoors or with limited flight, definitely potential value in it. The biggest issue indoors is noise, basically so much of the signals get reflected back to the unit, it has trouble differentiating what is what when it does its calculations. That or it just doesn't get enough ball flight to get a truly accurate measurement (the ball speed to spin ratio mentioned above is an example of this). This is where you get misreads, complete misses at times, calculated spin, etc. If they did use club as a parameter, they can filter out some noise because they can focus on which part of the what the radar "sees". The radar by itself doesn't "see" anything, it just sends and receives signals, the simulated ball flight is the algorithms interpretation of this data it gets back. So you are not guessing anything like some of those other units, you would simply be setting boundaries on what data is relevant, so you can better use the available computing power. Garbage in equals garbage out, so if you can filter out some garbage your output will be better

The concept isn't much different than what fusion tracking does. When the club and ball are close to the same speed (ie short chip shots), the algo clearly has issues differentiating the two, which is why other units struggle in this space. This is where fusion tracking can be helpful, basically they are using the image data to help better segment the radar data, such that their algo better tell what is what. 

This is my biggest bonus, "Fusion Tracking" (indoors) to be fair though there is still a lot of speculation with the camera's ability.  (Frames per second) for how quality it can get data.  

Regardless I totally understand. I guess coming from the SC100 to ES14 I really walked through the baby steps. (and an absolute cheapskate) so this big of a jump in tech vs cost was a huge dive.  I will say I know its not a TM or GCquad, but for my level of golf, (12hdcp on any given day) This is extremely accurate and useful.

If my career depended on it, than I would surely invest more.  But I have my fingers crossed that the fusion tracking really bumps this guy to another level! 

Side note?  I downloaded before I left for work but have not used it yet? Anyone tested it or noticed anything???

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

23 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Since you have been in the Webinar, I cant deny your info ( I will read more)

I guess I have not seen an issue?  As an example, I have forgotten many times to change the club selection and it usually defaults to Driver when you start up both FS app and E6.

I grab my PW and start whacking away and it gives me TRUE ball data, as its reading exactly what it sees?  I cant imagine that the Driver setting is tapering Data because it sees much less ball speed, swing speed, Launch, spin?

Same when I am in simulation, sometimes it gives me X club selection and I disregard it, and just hit the club I want without changing the "club selector"?

Anyways I would say regardless its good practice to switch vs club you use, BUT I do dont recall seeing this affect the data? my usless $0.02?

They of course don't say what impact hitting a driver within a wedge setting would do. Krt22 explains what is likely going on better then I could with why they do want you to differentiate between woods/irons/wedges. Does seem unlikely that this is the cause of 6000 spin with a driver.  D Easton has had so many issues with it and I've gotten along quite well with it for 6 months now. Strange. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

They of course don't say what impact hitting a driver within a wedge setting would do. Krt22 explains what is likely going on better then I could with why they do want you to differentiate between woods/irons/wedges. Does seem unlikely that this is the cause of 6000 spin with a driver.  D Easton has had so many issues with it and I've gotten along quite well with it for 6 months now. Strange. 

Makes sense to me! (Again sorry was just for discussion sake LOL)

Yes I am really really bothered by our friends struggles.  Dont get me wrong I had struggles in the beginning as well, but I refused to give up on the product. Once I worked it out and kept slowly improving my setup it got better and better. 

Now it its working quite fabulously,  I am now hoping the fusion will help with putting and I can start using that reliably.  

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

4 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Makes sense to me! (Again sorry was just for discussion sake LOL)

Yes I am really really bothered by our friends struggles.  Dont get me wrong I had struggles in the beginning as well, but I refused to give up on the product. Once I worked it out and kept slowly improving my setup it got better and better. 

Now it its working quite fabulously,  I am now hoping the fusion will help with putting and I can start using that reliably.  

Agreed. I hope he can get it sorted out.

I saw that the only three data parameters for M+ when putting will continue to be launch speed, total distance and ball direction. I thought FT would open up path, FTP and FTT for putting as well but maybe not. . .

Now they want to charge an extra $1k just to unlock data points that it already captures? Really? From the beginning I’ve been disappointed that they didn’t tell you the path to target and face to path (along with a few others), they’ll tell you draw, fade, or straight. All they’re doing is taking those numbers and turning it into a word. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty happy with my Mevo+, but this feels like a heist.

Edited by Firethorn50
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

It is a Heist,  But is it really that surprising? 

Look at the equivalents? 

SkyTrack

GC2 (+HMT)

GC3

BLP

FSK

X2/X3

Uneekor

GCQuad

Trackman

They gave us a $2,000 unit, and if you were lucky you got the 10% off.  Outside of the other under $1,000 units, that do not give direction/dispersion  

This is the Cheapest unit on the market. Now add the Pro which is $1,000 +10% so $900 and you have yourself a basically fully competitive functional unit for $2,700

Skytrack is $2,000 + Yearly subscription.

FSK aint there no indoor till end of 1st quarter 2022 and the data has less data points

BLP you need to buy a Yearly subscription ($3,000 + $300-$1,000 per year)

GC3 Is $7,000

GC2+HMT if you can Find one I think is $5,000+

You see my point.  For $2,700 or the max $3,000 is that really surprising?  Now to be serious and your real heart to heart.... if they Released a FULLY unlocked system 3 years ago, with all the data points for $3,000.... Would people have bought it for $3,000 and thought it as a rip off? Doubt it, they would be still dropping the coin for it without a doubt!

The difference now is marketing knew they could make some extra money by "unlocking" (great marketing team) and they are still well below the competitors. In addition to getting their market share of customers.  I bet the existing customers are so excited to have the choice to have it or not. $1,000 is a lot surely, but again still less then the competitors.

I will say this, to be 100% honest, I am thankful they did this.  I have been going back and forth if I really really need it or not, for $900 or even if I lose the discount in the future for $1,000 more, I spent $1,800 for this and I am exceptionally happy with it.

I dont see the club data as critical to my game as I dont teach and I dont get paid to play.  So I get away with the cheapest option rather them releasing it unlocked at $3,000.

This is also why the BLP vs GC3 is going back and forth, some people have $4,000 others have $7,000 It just depends on your specturm.

I wont say I am a full blown fan boy as I have been critical but calculating this worked out REALLY well for someone like me specifically. 

I know know..it’s business and we’re getting a lot for the cost as compared to other options. It’s just annoying.

• Like 1

This posts getting quite big and muddled lol. My setup is;

-Outdoors

-1 Piece Range balls (yes Games garbage in I agree) 

Seems like a lot of you guys are using this on a sim, with foil stickers this probably works well.

Mine is constantly referenced as being a setup issue so it has to be that, I had another friend use it, he was getting 6 up on driver 110chs and the carry being 230 which is ridiculous. 

For me I'm maybe hitting low on the face with the ball spinning up, not hitting up and all sorts, however if FSgolf tells me im hitting 2 up then that confuses me. 

Maybe I'll just keep looking at launch conditions rather than AoA, Martin Borgmeier just posted a YT video about how he does this. 

I'm also going to let the current setup issues blow over, has anyone seen the marketing video with the Bridgestone ball selector device, it's a rediculous vomit induced marketing device however it uses Mevo+ that must be a foot above the ball!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZKlFHjvY7G/

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

For outdoor use I do feel setup and balls are key. I have the little stand for the Mevo+ now so easy to dial in no tilt, and I have 4 different ranges I use with the last range my private club that has decent taylormade range balls. 

The TM balls have the most consistent speed reads, and one of the ranges some very odd ball speed reads at times even when cherry picking what looks to be the best balls in the bucket. 

I always set it at regular not range ball as they are not supposed to be limited flight balls I am hitting AFAIU 🙂

I run short indoor mode, 8' behind 9-10 to net. I happened to get my RCT balls last night and only had 2-3 obvious misreads in over 50 shots (vs using a sticker) which is a promising start. 

- b

• Like 1

If you can you should take it with you to a shop that has a quad or even a trackman. Put it down too and see what numbers you get. I put mine next to a quad and found that the Mevo+ numbers (those that they allow to have) we’re pretty comparable. The only difference I really saw was attack angle was close to double that of what the quad showed.

Edited by Firethorn50

Anyone try the new firmware yet?  I am not downloading until I know it is working properly!

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

56 minutes ago, knickerbocker said:

Anyone try the new firmware yet?  I am not downloading until I know it is working properly!

I downloaded it and it ran fine. Supposedly it’s just to prep your device to allow you to pay for the data it already collects, but they don’t give you 😂 (I know…I can’t let it go)

• Like 1

I got my Mevo+ and RCT balls yesterday, and as I was connecting it to the FS app, I downloaded and installed a firmware update. I'm assuming that's the one with Fusion tracking and everything. I took no time setting it up or aligning it, as I only had a short window of time to hit a few balls into my garage net, but the numbers I was getting mostly seemed to be pretty reasonable compared to what I've seen on Trackman in the past, and how I was hitting the ball. With the driver, I hit 7 balls, and got estimated spin numbers on 5 of those shots, and the spin seemed possibly a little high, ranging from ~2850-3400 (though I do tend to struggle with too much spin, and I have to wear ear plugs when hitting driver in the garage, which dulls my ability to discern quality of contact, because my G410 LST is ear-damagingly loud in that confined space, and based on the feel in my hands alone, I'm not sure that I hit any of them that great). 

There were a couple of shots with my 5 iron that looked like they had doubled spin numbers, but other than that, it seems to be reading things pretty accurately. Of all the shots I hit, about 25% of them had estimated spin readings, and it measured actual spin on almost all of the shots I hit with irons, and the ball flight it was showing was consistent with what I would expect to see based on the swings I was making (lots of pulls)

Then next time I use it, I'll hopefully have more time, and I will take the time to align it properly and see how it performs then. I'm pretty impressed so far.

Edited by 3_Jack_Par
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

8 hours ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

I got my Mevo+ and RCT balls yesterday, and as I was connecting it to the FS app, I downloaded and installed a firmware update. I'm assuming that's the one with Fusion tracking and everything. I took no time setting it up or aligning it, as I only had a short window of time to hit a few balls into my garage net, but the numbers I was getting mostly seemed to be pretty reasonable compared to what I've seen on Trackman in the past, and how I was hitting the ball. With the driver, I hit 7 balls, and got estimated spin numbers on 5 of those shots, and the spin seemed possibly a little high, ranging from ~2850-3400 (though I do tend to struggle with too much spin, and I have to wear ear plugs when hitting driver in the garage because my G410 LST is ear-damagingly loud in that confined space, which dulls my ability to discern quality of contact, so I'm not sure that I hit any of them that great). 

There were a couple of shots with my 5 iron that looked like they had doubled spin numbers, but other than that, it seems to be reading things pretty accurately. Of all the shots I hit, about 25% of them had estimated spin readings, and it measured actual spin on almost all of the shots I hit with irons, and the ball flight it was showing was consistent with what I would expect to see based on the swings I was making (lots of pulls)

Then next time I use it, I'll hopefully have more time, and I will take the time to align it properly and see how it performs then. I'm pretty impressed so far.

Yes, spin numbers indoors is dicey. About half of mine are estimated.

Edited by Firethorn50

I'll run it again today only with RCT. Yesterday I was using both RCT since they were new and my previously hit a bunch of times ProV1 and Chromesoft with a sticker. I know my strike varies, but numbers seem to be in line with and without sticker. This is with .20 firmware and FS app from last few days.  Mostly read spin not estimated, I tossed out 2-3 mis-reads during the session. 

its far from perfect as I still feel numbers in short range are a bit well, short. I was on an indoor trackman recently during a fitting with same clubs an CHS but spin was very different (used Chromesoft with TM, good ball).  In my garage I have a nice mat that is elevated from floor and I set it to 7cm (its about 2.5", not 3"). With ranges and grass or with large flat mats outdoors, I prefer to use mevo+ there so I can set it to 0. As per an old support suggestion, I set it for 18d/0 side on the tilt. 

Example:

Trackman indoor:  116 mph BS with 3.3 dev on my 7i spin about 4850 (P790 2d weak)

My mevo+ indoor: 116 mph BS with 3.3 dev (guess I am consistent with enough data)  but spin 5700

My mat is a very soft, so slightly fat shots are punished quickly in ballspeed vs a bit of bounce in real world but its lovely on the elbows 🙂 

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Downloaded .20 firmware,  Does this mean that Fusion Tracking is live, I am so confused?

*Edit* - Short indoor, 8ft ball to net,  gamer balls WITH Stickers for all shots. Using the E6 app not the FSApp

Quick warm up shots with the PW

46* PW MB,  Immediately noticed the Spin was much lower, 9XXXrpm range,  Generally its in the 10,000 range, it was a warm up, but distance was about right 125-130y

image.png.61b987fada7c522a731be0613a45cc09.png

38* 8iron MB -  Spin was all over the place, on this one, but other than 1 bad shot, 150-155y is about right.

image.png.acf970dc30f61a0c793596993efd4b7c.png

Driver- end of the session, was rushing,  but spin was settled in the 2500rpm range,  Distances were really short, but also ball speed never got over 150mph, I was not striking the best, but it was just to test.

image.png.ae228ab0b8b47be1bceb014aaeb2e96a.png

With this, I have no Idea if Fusion tracking is working, but the spin is surely settling down.  The ball speeds never cracking 150mph worried me as I was getting the right distances on the irons, but driver was shorter than normal.  LA and Spin were solid, just less ball speed.

Finally. Putting..... Yeah UGGHHH No... still doesnt work at all for me.  I didnt make a huge effort to redo my hitting station for putting but wanted to try and nope, I think I took 20putts and only 2 read....

I might redo my hitting station just to test the putting again if we can confirm Fusion Tracking is live or not.... I cant tell if it is or not LOL

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 hours ago, Paybax said:

Holy crap this thread is now full of a bunch of whiners now. The unit works well, you or your environment is the issue. 

And go check the GC3 forums or any of the others and look at the complaints there too. It’s golfer or environment related, not unit. 

Probably indicates to me FS haven't got more than 5 people working for them behind the scenes lol 

• Confused 1
Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

@PaybaxI agree.  Seems like most that are initially unhappy disappear.  Probably after they change their setup or actually read the instructions…

One poster on a FB forum says he has gone through four units from FlightScope and STILL negs them.  Ridiculous!

I think most serial whiners have an incurable issue with their use or setup that they can’t control and won’t admit to.  Also, some are unrealistic about their actual carry distances.  Others simply don’t understand how these work and how sensitive these units are to alignment, ball condition, type of mat, indoor flight distance and even acoustics.

I’ve been ridiculed for this and I don’t care:  Anyone hitting indoors needs to consider covering floors and even walls to soak up sound.  I see the graphs from the interference utility registering sound at driver impact.  If sound travels faster than the ball I have to believe driver impact can cause issues with reads.  I wonder if guys with the carbon faces do better than titanium…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FAbb said:

Who all is definitely planning to upgrade to the pro package?

I'm on the fence.  I just got my unit this month, and am totally enjoying it for indoor wedge and iron practice.  I'm not sure how much value it'll add to my practice, for $900.  If I was a teacher, or fitter, it seems like a no-brainer.

I’m on the fence too. I probably will just because..well, it’s still cheaper than other alternatives.