2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

3 hours ago, bowman19 said:

Fsgolf app hanging after recent update to 3.7.0?  Is this happening to anyone else. iOS 15.2. 

When I launch the app, the splash screen appears and nothing else. 

No, but I'm using iOS 15.2.1 

No idea if that makes a difference.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

7 hours ago, bowman19 said:

Fsgolf app hanging after recent update to 3.7.0?  Is this happening to anyone else. iOS 15.2. 

When I launch the app, the splash screen appears and nothing else. 

Nope, but as mentioned above I’m running iOS 15.2.1…

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

So far, I’m not seeing anything like that in my indoor setup.

I’m in my garage on short indoor mode, with 7ft unit to ball, and 9ft and change ball to net. I’m using the metallic stickers right now, but will probably buy a dozen of the Titleist RCT to test soon. 

if anything, spin is a hair low, and launch a hair high compared to what I’d expect hitting off grass. That’s apparently normal for hitting off mats. 

I’ve resigned myself to it just not working with driver, and and maybe my 4 wood in my indoor setup. I don’t swing all that fast, but it’s clearly struggling to read the shots at those ball speeds with so little flight. 

35 minutes ago, FAbb said:

So far, I’m not seeing anything like that in my indoor setup.

I’m in my garage on short indoor mode, with 7ft unit to ball, and 9ft and change ball to net. I’m using the metallic stickers right now, but will probably buy a dozen of the Titleist RCT to test soon. 

if anything, spin is a hair low, and launch a hair high compared to what I’d expect hitting off grass. That’s apparently normal for hitting off mats. 

I’ve resigned myself to it just not working with driver, and and maybe my 4 wood in my indoor setup. I don’t swing all that fast, but it’s clearly struggling to read the shots at those ball speeds with so little flight. 

Iron shots and spin/distance output are really on point. Even a touch better with the Rct ball. That said driver swing speed and ball speed are matching the output of the PRGR I have and these numbers tie to trackman sessions etc I’ve done however the carry distance on the driver calculated between the two devices have deltas of 20-30 yards. Curious on flightscopes calculation method. 

33 minutes ago, FAbb said:

I agree, the club and ball speed seem reasonable with driver. Other parameters, not so much.

+1 on this…

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

Just adding to the points,

1) Ball speed, swing speed seems solid,  After the 1.9update the spin for driver really corrected itself, I was getting 3000-4000rpms of spin and now 2500-3000 not good but better. I did go to a GCQuad this weekend to get a run of 1800-2300rpms of spin, so while the driver with Mevo+ still needs work its getting there

2) Outside vs Inside as I posted, but without the right ball selection (my fault) the ball data in general was still solid.

2a) mind you, with my indoor setup its short, 8ft to ball to screen,  7.5ft ball to unit. (So less ball flight)

Here is outdoor, but I screwed up on the "Ball selection".  But ball data is good, Distance.....Mmmm... not sure what to believe

1st.jpg.9110a24a42357846ced741b4146b44b7.jpg

151.8 Mph ball speed - 11.8 LA - 3191 Rpms of ball sped 244 carry so it says. Ball speed and Launch Data solid,  a little short of 244y carry, but I will take it.

image.png.1a4ba3e1a14c4647bd51ce3d0ac7e03e.png

Indoor -  on the other hand,

151.54mph Ball speed, 13.43LA* 2949pms (so decently close to the outside data) 241.94 Carry,  241 carry... even with the high spin.  151mph ball speed and 241 carry... thats a little short.

image.png.d3853f53c2932f3b81307c7d9b882a24.png

3y carry difference and 6y total difference That's not bad per se,  but the distance calculations still seem a little off.

Now this is what really caught me of guard,

Watching one of our Favorite Golf Tube Streamers

image.png.f8c61ecb21c874880783689493956465.png

148mph ball speeds, 2265rpms of spin, 12* LA, 260-270 carry, 278-290 total.... COMMMON!!!!.....I WISH I could get 260-270 carry with less than 150 ballspeed.

These are my nukes, some of the best shots I have ever hit on the Mevo+

image.png.ee5ed529c7b1df007953949942d6610c.png

10mph more ball speed, and barely cracking 260 carry

153mph ball speed and only getting 252carry 261 total.

Someone is off..... I think the sweet spot is in the middle,  The Mevo+ is shorting us a couple of yards, but those GCquad, 260+carry with under 150mph ballspeeds...yeah no....

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 2

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

They are offering a the $200 off and free shipping again, as a PGA Show Special.

This time might push me over the edge 😉

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 minutes ago, llbarracks said:

looks like the firmware update is tomorrow then the app update is 2/1.  So at that point we'll be ready for FT, right?  That's how I interpreted the email.

No. Tomorrow is the firmware update for fusion tracking which allows the pro package available 2/1 along with an updated app.

$200 sale is back on during the PGA Show.  10% off the regular Mevo as well.

Direct link below:

https://store.flightscopemevo.com/collections/all/products/flightscope-mevo-plus?sca_ref=1616108.rxxQmUY47T

Message me if you're interested an additional discounts.

image.png

Edited by harpua728

For my spin issue I get the following garbage from them;

I do not believe there is any interference (I asked if my bluetooth earphones were). Setup is important to read the shots accurately. The tilt angle and distance for Mevo to Tee is very important to measure parameters like AOA, launch angle, carry distance, and even spin.

If the poxy thing is showing me green on tilt angles then why is the setup still not good enough?

I think im going to let this blow over until they update to v0.20 and Fusion.

I'm sure the device is able to track this sort of stuff but they just can't be arsd at the moment. 

One factor I see being different to me and others is weather conditions in my FSgolf, humidity levels are extremely high (Cold winter) so it might be that.

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

8 hours ago, DS12312 said:

In that screen shot, the image that is shown with it doesn't list a "short indoor" setup option.

Right. The new app maybe doing away with short indoor mode. Knowing your spin to ball speed ratio requires accurate spin. Will be interesting to see how this works. Doesn’t change the fact the more distance is better. 11 is the absolute minimum. Hope the officially recognize the RCT ball soon. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

For my spin issue I get the following garbage from them;

I do not believe there is any interference (I asked if my bluetooth earphones were). Setup is important to read the shots accurately. The tilt angle and distance for Mevo to Tee is very important to measure parameters like AOA, launch angle, carry distance, and even spin.

If the poxy thing is showing me green on tilt angles then why is the setup still not good enough?

I think im going to let this blow over until they update to v0.20 and Fusion.

I'm sure the device is able to track this sort of stuff but they just can't be arsd at the moment. 

One factor I see being different to me and others is weather conditions in my FSgolf, humidity levels are extremely high (Cold winter) so it might be that.

Crazy that your spin numbers are that bad. Normally even bad driver spins would be within a range (2-4k). You are changing clubs within the app? M+ does need to know driver or iron or wedge. First thing that occurred to me is wedge selected hitting driver. What kind of ball? 

6 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Crazy that your spin numbers are that bad. Normally even bad driver spins would be within a range (2-4k). You are changing clubs within the app? M+ does need to know driver or iron or wedge. First thing that occurred to me is wedge selected hitting driver. What kind of ball? 

Hey Dan,  just discussing, but I thought Mevo+ does NOT need to know.  The club selection is more for cataloging club data.  As Mevo+ takes pure Ball data and coverts it to distance.

Meaning 150mph ball speed with 2000rpms of spin and 14* launch will show 260y carry regardless if Driver is selected or PW is selected.

I know that My SC100 and I think my ES14 had to select the correct Club because the clubs had predetermined or launch parameters to match with the ball speed, I know the SC100 for 100% sure.

Anyways. @Daniel Eason has a thread and noted major issues with his unit, I wonder if its just his unit and needs to send back.   I have never seen the issues he has and I have not had the ability to test it under most conditions now.  I saw the BEST improvements with the .19 firmware update and fingers crossed just downloaded the .20 and have no idea how the Fusion Tracking will affect it but hoping its good.

With that @Daniel Eason  I have a Huge Favor?

1) What App are you using with your Mevo? FSApp or E6

2) Can you take a couple of screen shots of the data with the club that's acting up the most? (Driver?)   I would like to see the rest of the data,  Side spin, Launch angle etc.

the above reason is I would hate to say this, but maybe your swing is putting a bad strike on the ball thus the higher than abnormal numbers.  This is outside of just a off calibrated or defective item.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

2 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I think my Mevo+ will be up on BST soon. The putting on this thing is an absolute joke. Makes sim on e6 unplayable. 

Never used the Mevo+ for putting its rough,  BUT there are a huge amount of tutorials and fixes to make the putting better. (Detail further below)

I WOULD NOT sell it just because of the putting in my opinion.  As this is not its forte.  For E6 I change the putting parameters from 10ft and in gimmie to "USER SELECT" meaning after I hit the green I can just select how many putts based on the distance from the hole. It skips the whole putting sequence all in all.

*Fixes*

1) you need 1 full line of sight flat rolling area from Mevo+ to ball to screen,  meaning if you your hitting mat is separate or raised, there are gaps from your mat to screen and mat to mevo, your putting will be horrid.  It has to be 1 big mat, or you need to make a specific cut out so the mevo is level with the putting line all the way to the screen. 

2) Even at that, the putting is so so and again I would either just buy a true putting mat for practice and skip it in the E6 simulation and wait till the fusion tracking really gets settled in as I understand this might help a little as well.

Again would not give up on the Mevo+ for the price vs data value it comes with.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

11 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Hey Dan,  just discussing, but I thought Mevo+ does NOT need to know.  The club selection is more for cataloging club data.  As Mevo+ takes pure Ball data and coverts it to distance.

Meaning 150mph ball speed with 2000rpms of spin and 14* launch will show 260y carry regardless if Driver is selected or PW is selected.

It would actually be smart if they did factor in which club it was, that would help them set rough boundary conditions and filter out some noise. 

12 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I know that My SC100 and I think my ES14 had to select the correct Club because the clubs had predetermined or launch parameters to match with the ball speed, I know the SC100 for 100% sure.

Anyways. @Daniel Eason has a thread and noted major issues with his unit, I wonder if its just his unit and needs to send back.   I have never seen the issues he has and I have not had the ability to test it under most conditions now.  I saw the BEST improvements with the .19 firmware update and fingers crossed just downloaded the .20 and have no idea how the Fusion Tracking will affect it but hoping its good.

With that @Daniel Eason  I have a Huge Favor?

1) What App are you using with your Mevo? FSApp or E6

2) Can you take a couple of screen shots of the data with the club that's acting up the most? (Driver?)   I would like to see the rest of the data,  Side spin, Launch angle etc.

the above reason is I would hate to say this, but maybe your swing is putting a bad strike on the ball thus the higher than abnormal numbers.  This is outside of just a off calibrated or defective item.

M+ doesn't care if you are hitting a 3 iron versus a 7 iron but Flightscope has been clear in the M+ webinar's I've watched that the unit does care about woods or irons or wedges. Just those 3 categories. Never seen a driver with 6,000 rpms before. Something is not right.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, Daniel Eason said:

Im getting 6000 spin with driver and other reads can be abnormally high. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hey Daniel,

1) What type of balls? Range balls, Real balls? Old real balls?

2) Honest assessment, how is your golf swing?  Could you be struggling with a swing issues to get bad reads as well?

3) I recall you stated the mat is 3" tall so the mevo+ is sitting lower than the ball.   When I went outdoors to test for the first time the range location we were at does not have a flat area behind the ball, I had to "Build" up with a bag and some items to get it as level as I could, BUT

I noticed that the numbers were still a little off, 

If you see below my AoA is 9.3* which is extreme and not realistic,

a vertical launch of 11.8* is about right BUT, 123ft height is extremely high,

Now see the Trajectory Optimizer,  Same 11.8* V launch, but 83.8ft of height which is more reasonable.   This was happening because I am 100% the level discrepancy at the range

image.png.0c2b76308c8708b54ef60d41e6b6a2c7.png

At home indoor, I have it level and built up properly with a wooden base for mevo+ to match with my hitting mat,

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"