2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

7 hours ago, prusd said:

Sounds like more good news.  If I remember correctly, someone on the other simulator forum said they had 20% italicized readings with the RCT ball when the ball to screen was 8 feet (I think this was with driver).  When he pushed it back to 10 feet, I believe he said he got very few or zero italicized readouts.  

Very much looking forward to the GC3 comparisons.  Yeah, so when Flightscope officially optimizes the app with RCT, coupled with the Fusion Tracking release, things can only get better.  I dont see how it can get worse.  Maybe nearly on par with a GC3...hopefully.  

It should be nearly on par with GC3 except for the limitation that in short indoor mode it is unable to correctly read spin axis with woods on off center hits. I don’t think there is a solution to that issue.  Trackman tries to factor in impact location with the camera and some new software and even then it’s not as accurate as a Quad /GC3 indoors. Mevo plus will not have impact location even with Fusion Tracking and the Pro Package. Biggest limitation in my opinion but for $4 to 20k less I’ll make that trade. 

Used the RCT balls in the garage this afternoon. The majority of the readings seemed good and I didn't get any italicized readings but maybe 3-5% were clearly just wrong. Three consecutive 8 irons spinning at 10,929, 11,397 and 11,166 and I got one reading at 1,581. May have to wait until the Mevo plus officially recognizes the ball before stating to use it.

Has anyone heard any new news on the Pro enhancements to Mevo+ (addt'l metrics, fusion, etc.)?

Also, as a new Mevo+ owner/user...  Can any of you vets tell me where I'd learn about software/firmware upgrades/improvements?  Now *how* to upgrade - that seems to happen automatically when I start a new session - but what upgrades have been made with a new software/firmware version.

1 hour ago, Brimster said:

Has anyone heard any new news on the Pro enhancements to Mevo+ (addt'l metrics, fusion, etc.)?

Fusion tracking has nothing to do with the Pro package.

All of the additional metrics are listed on the FS website, with the release being expected for the PGA Show

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade MG2 50, 56@55, 60, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

39 minutes ago, Nevek said:

Fusion tracking has nothing to do with the Pro package.

All of the additional metrics are listed on the FS website, with the release being expected for the PGA Show

Well, Fusion Tracking will - at least partially - allow some of the additional metrics that will be offered in the Pro Package, right?  Regardless, I was connecting the two from a timing perspective.  I *thought* they were going to be released simultaneously.  But I'm sometimes wrong...just ask my wife.

37 minutes ago, Brimster said:

Well, Fusion Tracking will - at least partially - allow some of the additional metrics that will be offered in the Pro Package, right?

No, fusion tracking will be available for all Mevo+ units, but without the Pro package no additional metrics will be available

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade MG2 50, 56@55, 60, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

1 hour ago, Nevek said:

No, fusion tracking will be available for all Mevo+ units, but without the Pro package no additional metrics will be available

Pretty sure we're talking past one another.  Everyone will get Fusion.  But Fusion is necessary to provide the additional metrics with Pro.  At least that's my understanding.  Either way, sounds like the plan is still to release at the PGA show.  Looking forward to it!

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's another video with the RCT ball and Trackman. Doesn't seem to offer anything new compared to previous video comparisons with Trackman/GCQuad. In this video, it looks like all versions of the titlesit ball performed well.  Near the end, the rep confirms what's been talked about here....the radar has a hard time picking up the gear effect.  Although the tester was saying the italicized number did seem to be pretty accurate based on his past  experience....

My hope is they do a test with the flightscope in the near future.

Review using the Mevo+

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Any word on when GSPro is going to be available on Mevo plus?  I am setting up a sim in the basement as a combined Christmas present for me and the kids and am still deciding on which software to go with.  I think I am going to get Awesome Golf and Golfismo for the family and entertainment value of both, but I am not sure what I want to do for full on simulation.  The weird ball physics of TGC make me not want to get that when GSPro is close.  If it will be soon I will just play the included E6 courses until it is released, but if it is going to be a while I am contemplating getting the rest of Creative Golf 3D to play as a sim now and its courses are all different than GSPro, so when GSPro comes out maybe bight the bullet and get it as well, so that I can play more of the famous US courses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prusd said:

For those that are interested, in the comments section on the Flightscope twitter account, they say they are getting closer to a deal with GSPro but are still trying to work out the details.  

Thanks!  Apparently hadn't refreshed the page and didn't see your comment until after I posted mine right below you.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, harpua728 said:

Can anyone give specific feedback on the accuracy of the Mevo+ when hitting into a net with a driver?

Depends on environmental noise (or lack of) and distance to net really. For me, I have 10 feet ball to net, 7 feet mevo to ball, with ball speed around 165mph and I get an odd spin every 10-15 shots or so. 

Have a look at Bry's video (time stamp 8:50) to see how accurate Mevo+ can get against the GC Quad in spin rate even with 170mph ball speed at 12 feet ball to net. It's practically identical for all 3 shots and are surely within margin of error even for a GC Quad. So yeah, given the right conditions, it's superb even at those ball speeds that not many can achieve anyways. He then hits drivers later in the video which averages over 196mph(!), and it still wasn't too far off either with 1 being a slight outlier. (he hit only 3 shots so it's a small sample really and may average out to be quite accurate over more shots) 

Edited by Jay_Golfer
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jay_Golfer said:

Depends on environmental noise (or lack of) and distance to net really. For me, I have 10 feet ball to net, 7 feet mevo to ball, with ball speed around 165mph and I get an odd spin every 10-15 shots or so. 

Have a look at Bry's video (time stamp 8:50) to see how accurate Mevo+ can get against the GC Quad in spin rate even with 170mph ball speed at 12 feet ball to net. It's practically identical for all 3 shots and are surely within margin of error even for a GC Quad. So yeah, given the right conditions, it's superb even at those ball speeds that not many can achieve anyways. He then hits drivers later in the video which averages over 196mph(!), and it still wasn't too far off either with 1 being a slight outlier. (he hit only 3 shots so it's a small sample really and may average out to be quite accurate over more shots) 

Seen this before. The spin numbers btw the two units are actually pretty good which makes me wonder why the carry distances are so* different some shots. Percentage wise it looks decent but 5 -10% of 200 or 300 yards is quite a bit. 

55 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Seen this before. The spin numbers btw the two units are actually pretty good which makes me wonder why the carry distances are so* different some shots. Percentage wise it looks decent but 5 -10% of 200 or 300 yards is quite a bit. 

Carry distance between all the launch monitors will always be different even if they had identical spin / ball speed etc due to their own flight model differences.

Also can depend on launch angle difference, or if they had weather setting enabled etc. (Mevo+ FS Golf app uses local weather including air pressure, wind etc)

Edited by Jay_Golfer

22 minutes ago, Jay_Golfer said:

Carry distance between all the launch monitors will always be different even if they had identical spin / ball speed etc due to their own flight model differences.

Also can depend on launch angle difference, or if they had weather setting enabled etc. (Mevo+ FS Golf app uses local weather including air pressure, wind etc)

Looks to be some launch angle and ball speed differences driving it. I will say it’s strange the difference in some of the ball speeds. That is one metric that radar typically does not struggle with - indoors or out. 

3 hours ago, Jay_Golfer said:

About time someone else shared this. People think they hit 2000 rpm’s on every drive. They get 4000rpms and they blame the LM. Some of which may be justified but not nearly the amount that people complain about it in here. 

8 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Congrats after a LONG process. I don’t believe there is a place to add lofts. If there is I haven’t found it. 

Thanks Dan, im used to Sc300 before that needed lofts to calculate 😄 

Well yes it has been horrendously long and problematic, flightscope have rescued themselves here. 

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

10 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

Thanks Dan, im used to Sc300 before that needed lofts to calculate 😄 

Well yes it has been horrendously long and problematic, flightscope have rescued themselves here. 

You can't add lofts in a meaningful way (that FS will use in their flight algorithms).  But you can set-up your bag and as part of that set-up add details about your clubs.  I suppose you could "name" your SW: 56 Degree, Lob: 60 Degree, etc.  But that would be more for your own knowledge.

So I'm about a month in with my Mevo+.  I SEEERRRIOUSLY thought about buying a Bushnell Launch Pro but - to be honest - got so sick of dealing with the limited pre-releases that I started to research the Mevo+.  The Fusion & Pro Package announcements sealed the deal for me (the discount didn't hurt either!).  I'm using it exclusively outdoors.  Thus far, I only have two complaints:  1) The battery life is a joke.  Have no idea why they'd design this thing to have less than two hours of battery life.  Hell, it seems to me that they could have increased the size of the case by 25% and had all-day battery life.  That was a miss.  Fortunately, that is easily remedied with an external rechargeable battery.  A hassle.  But not the end of the world.  2) Doubling of spin numbers (10,000 when it should be 5,000).  I know that this is a well-known issue not just with the Mevo+ but also with the X3, TrackMan and others.  Guessing there's not an easy fix or it would have been fixed.  Not a show-stopper by any means.  But a bit frustrating nonetheless.  But on the whole, I've been delighted - amazed actually - with what this unit can do.  My instructor has an X3 and we occasionally use them side-by-side.  Obviously there are things that the X3 can do that the Mevo+ cannot.  But for common features/metrics - they're both spot-on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brimster said:

So I'm about a month in with my Mevo+.  I SEEERRRIOUSLY thought about buying a Bushnell Launch Pro but - to be honest - got so sick of dealing with the limited pre-releases that I started to research the Mevo+.  The Fusion & Pro Package announcements sealed the deal for me (the discount didn't hurt either!).  I'm using it exclusively outdoors.  Thus far, I only have two complaints:  1) The battery life is a joke.  Have no idea why they'd design this thing to have less than two hours of battery life.  Hell, it seems to me that they could have increased the size of the case by 25% and had all-day battery life.  That was a miss.  Fortunately, that is easily remedied with an external rechargeable battery.  A hassle.  But not the end of the world.  2) Doubling of spin numbers (10,000 when it should be 5,000).  I know that this is a well-known issue not just with the Mevo+ but also with the X3, TrackMan and others.  Guessing there's not an easy fix or it would have been fixed.  Not a show-stopper by any means.  But a bit frustrating nonetheless.  But on the whole, I've been delighted - amazed actually - with what this unit can do.  My instructor has an X3 and we occasionally use them side-by-side.  Obviously there are things that the X3 can do that the Mevo+ cannot.  But for common features/metrics - they're both spot-on. 

I wasn’t aware of the double spin issue. I’ve seen some of this indoors with the RCT ball but never outside. It is obvious when it happens

I’ve had the Mevo + for about a month now. A couple of times at the range but mostly in my garage w a net using irons only as I only have 8.5’ of height. Setting the unit 7’ from the ball w 9’ of flight. I account for mat height and for the elevation difference due to the floor sloping at about 2%. 

So far I’m using to try and get to stock yardages for 1/2 and 3/4 shots for all wedges. For full shots Ive overcome some initial indoor swing issues by paying attention to club and ball speed. This has me focusing on some swing changes that when executed allow for getting to those speeds without extra effort. 8 iron swing speed in the low 80s and ball speed in the 110 range is a comfortable carry of 150+ For me. I’ve used the Trackman pga / lpga / spga averages for reference. 

I’ve also figured out by paying attention to H and V launch and spin axis that my tendency is to close/deloft the face a bit to get my stock distances which are alittle above what my swing speed says I should be getting. By getting the H launch back to the right and the V launch up a couple of degrees i am in a much better position to intentionally work the ball. 

I’ve had no outliers with AoA. Those numbers look good. Haven’t played E6 yet. Playing on a phone is … hard to see. 

With the Pro Package I’m looking forward to club path most. I believe this is the only parameter that can’t be inferred/ calculated from the current data (H launch related to face angle, dynamic loft to AoA and V launch, etc.). Outside of the profiles - speed and acceleration of course. 

The only way I would consider upgrading to the GC3 would be if I had a proper simulator. But for swing work it’s fine to know the path / face relationship and work on center contact. The Mevo + is a heck of a good value compared to other LMs that offer similar data points. Been very pleased to date. 

• Like 1

First weekend getting used to Mevo+.

Im finding I've got issues with driver reads, irons/wedges were fine.

My range has raised mats and im using a rubber 70mm tee but tried using the case to raise it level. 

Do I need to add the tee height and mat (if on ground with no case underneath?)

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

1 hour ago, Daniel Eason said:

First weekend getting used to Mevo+.

Im finding I've got issues with driver reads, irons/wedges were fine.

My range has raised mats and im using a rubber 70mm tee but tried using the case to raise it level. 

Do I need to add the tee height and mat (if on ground with no case underneath?)

Mat height yes but tee height no per Flightscope.