New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

3 minutes ago, Mobert19 said:

Received my Mevo+ yesterday and brought it today to the range. Incredible piece of equipment. Received my hitting net and mat today as well so I will set it up in the backyard tomorrow and test again. 

When I had mine in my yard it was a total disaster.  Returned the unit, I hope yours isn't the case, however till I see real reviews of this fusion tracking algorithm indoors/outdoor nets I will be skeptical.  CEO's can and do run their mouths all the time.  If this was all ready and this is just a software update why not release it now? Why wait on losing revenue?  This is to answer GC3/BLP and FSK, everyone is scrambling, competition is good but not an unfinished product. I really hope M+Pro will be able to measure spin and club path accurately indoors then I will give it another shot.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

Based on the Q&A with Henri Johnson, it seems that most of our hopes for improved accuracy for spin rates depend on the RCT ball. He said that the radar will still be responsible for reading spin even when Fusion Tracking is introduced.

There was a question at 29:40 of the video (paraphrasing) "will the Fusion Tracking improve accuracy without the Pro Package" and unfortunately it glitched out and most of his answer was cut off, except for "yes it will at the end". If the radar is still measuring the ball then I wonder if this only applies to improved angle of attack accuracy.

Where is the Q&A w/ Henri posted?  Can't find it on FG Instagram, YouTube or their website.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Brimster said:

Where is the Q&A w/ Henri posted?  Can't find it on FG Instagram, YouTube or their website.  Thanks.

Try going from here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/qa-with-henri-johnson/register?fbclid=IwAR2bEJ1RoX-78W_CMA---BOQlvN8B1B8hV7NCpILBjBE496Ge3CyfP7LD5w

If that doesn't work (not sure if that's a personalized link) then go to https://www.facebook.com/FlightScopeGolf.  Near the top you will see a spiel about the Pro Package webinar with Henri Johnson plus a link to click to register (you can watch the replay on Crowdcast)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Try going from here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/qa-with-henri-johnson/register?fbclid=IwAR2bEJ1RoX-78W_CMA---BOQlvN8B1B8hV7NCpILBjBE496Ge3CyfP7LD5w

If that doesn't work (not sure if that's a personalized link) then go to https://www.facebook.com/FlightScopeGolf.  Near the top you will see a spiel about the Pro Package webinar with Henri Johnson plus a link to click to register (you can watch the replay on Crowdcast)

That worked!  Thanks so much GolfTurkey!

49 minutes ago, Brimster said:

That worked!  Thanks so much GolfTurkey!

Well...  I guess the glitches from the "live event" caused a lot of the content to be lost.  There are lots of gaps in the replay where Henri is in the midst of answering one question and the video skips to him answering another questions.  Betting the FlightScope guys are PISSSSSSED at their conferencing vendor.

15 hours ago, radiman said:

Is the practice software that is included with the unit pretty robust?  I know it says something about 5 courses for iOS too.  While it's not a big deal for me now, I was thinking that it may be nice if my kids finally decide to take up the game.  Is it pretty basic graphics and such? Not cartoonish like the Home Tee Hero thing with the Garmin?

The flightscope software is nice.  It will display any metrics that the unit can track along with showing ball flight.  There is also an FS Skills that has games and such.  The 5 free courses are on e6 for iOS.  The graphics for e6 on iOS are not good compared to PC offerings like e6 PC and TGC, but they are passable. 

I use flightscope app for practice sessions and then TGC 19 for simulation.  

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

16 hours ago, BrewingSim said:

Even if indoors it is only a fun video game system, it becomes a serious game improvement tool if you take it outside to the course or range.  I will take a radar measuring actual ball flight for 80-100 yards over the GC3/Bushnell device that snaps pictures only in the first foot or so of flight.

I agree and am on the verge of buying one but how great would it be if the RCT balls give it the same accuracy into a net?!

• Like 1

The Crowdcast link posted above takes you to the video from the event. It cuts out in many places and has some large gaps. Here is a link to the video that they uploaded to YouTube after the event. This one appears to have been recorded separately as it's longer and has no gaps that I could discern:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC9SZOoT1Po

53 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

The Crowdcast link posted above takes you to the video from the event. It cuts out in many places and has some large gaps. Here is a link to the video that they uploaded to YouTube after the event. This one appears to have been recorded separately as it's longer and has no gaps that I could discern:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC9SZOoT1Po

This is worth a listen. Henri and Flightscope come off very well. No BS, honest answers. Sounding almost too good to be true for the price. It will be at the very top of consumer grade LM's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

This is worth a listen. Henri and Flightscope come off very well. No BS, honest answers. Sounding almost too good to be true for the price. It will be at the very top of consumer grade LM's for sure.

Indeed. The presentation took a while to get going, but they are really trying to do right by their users, even indicating that they are trying to figure out what they'll do for a discount to existing owners.

Although Henri answered in the negative, I imagine they'll eventually come up with a solution that can unlicense a hardware unit if the owner wants to transfer the license to a new unit.

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Agreed! Good answers and informative.

I think FS is doing a good job here to push the capabilities at this price point. 

• Like 2

My Mevo + arrived today. Had it up and running in less than 10 minutes. Hit some shots into a net in my garage with a brand new ball and metallic dot. Data seems reasonable. Weird hitting shots in there. No new ground for me to cover on the unit until the Fusion Tracking / Pro Package / RCT balls are available but will share periodically how I am getting on with it.

• Like 3

Depends on what you want to work on and the level of spin accuracy you want. Ironically the pro package will not help with improving spin readings indoors. That is contingent on the new Titleist RCT ball. If you are working on swing changes the pro package has more to offer than even the GC3. As of right now, for better spin and carry accuracy got to go GC3 or Launch Pro. 

5 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Depends on what you want to work on and the level of spin accuracy you want. Ironically the pro package will not help with improving spin readings indoors. That is contingent on the new Titleist RCT ball. If you are working on swing changes the pro package has more to offer than even the GC3. As of right now, for better spin and carry accuracy got to go GC3 or Launch Pro. 

What do you mean here about only PP having spin improvements only outdoors?

Im Still waiting for dispatch notice on mine....

I like Henri's video, he really isn't a marketing guy thats for sure, no BS about measuring off the face with radar.

He was a bit vague about the difference between Mevo+ and X3, maybe he knows something we don't 😉 

It comes down to usage scenario to me, an X3 will be crunching numbers for a pro in a studio/range all day and demands reliability and power to return responses, where as for golf nerds like us the Mevo+ is served with its battery unit for a limited period for our fix up. 

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

3 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

What do you mean here about only PP having spin improvements only outdoors?

Im Still waiting for dispatch notice on mine....

I like Henri's video, he really isn't a marketing guy thats for sure, no BS about measuring off the face with radar.

He was a bit vague about the difference between Mevo+ and X3, maybe he knows something we don't 😉 

It comes down to usage scenario to me, an X3 will be crunching numbers for a pro in a studio/range all day and demands reliability and power to return responses, where as for golf nerds like us the Mevo+ is served with its battery unit for a limited period for our fix up. 

The pro package offers new data points like club path , face to path, etc. It has nothing to do with getting better spin readings indoors - or out. Fusion tracking will help with some accuracy issues but they will be relatively small and it will not help reading spin. Spin is read by the radar only - the camera doesn’t help read the spin. Helps refine other data parameters, launch angles, AoA, etc but not spin. The only thing coming that I am aware of that could improve spin readings - if someone is struggling w estimated spin numbers due to lack of flight time - is the RCT balll. 

If you only have 8 feet of flight even the X3 could struggle w spin. Not sure how much the size of the radar helps there, it simply needs more time or a stronger return signal. 

Edited by Dan13
path not plane
  • Like 1

So after a lot of equivocation between BLP & Mevo+, I pulled the trigger on the FlightScope.  My use case - entirely outdoors - and frankly the fact that I was tired of all of the jerking around with the pre-launch stuff (1 minute to get an order in!?) made the decision for me.  Obviously we'll all have to wait & see if the Pro Package lives up to its promise.  

But I have to say my one remaining hesitation about the Mevo+ is battery life - esp. in that I'm using it 100% outdoors.  1.5-2h seems insanely short.  It is a shame that they didn't build it with a 25% larger case and put a big honkin' battery in that would last all day or even multiple days!  I guess I'll use an external rechargeable battery with it?  Any better ideas?

1 hour ago, jimmies78 said:

I may have dreamt this….but is there a forum/group that is working on gspro for the memo+

if so, could someone link me to the webpage?

cheers

YEa, so I read somewhere if you join the GSPro DISCORD server group, you can find information on what users are up to.  There was talk of a workaround of getting GSPro onto the skytrak, but they are still tinkering with that.

Apparently, in the first Instagram Live chat earlier this week, I believe the Flightscope founder or sales director hinted at integrating GSpro with Mevo plus in the future.  But he was very vague and didnt give any details.  Maybe you can find answers on the GSpro discord group.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brimster said:

So after a lot of equivocation between BLP & Mevo+, I pulled the trigger on the FlightScope.  My use case - entirely outdoors - and frankly the fact that I was tired of all of the jerking around with the pre-launch stuff (1 minute to get an order in!?) made the decision for me.  Obviously we'll all have to wait & see if the Pro Package lives up to its promise.  

But I have to say my one remaining hesitation about the Mevo+ is battery life - esp. in that I'm using it 100% outdoors.  1.5-2h seems insanely short.  It is a shame that they didn't build it with a 25% larger case and put a big honkin' battery in that would last all day or even multiple days!  I guess I'll use an external rechargeable battery with it?  Any better ideas?

Easy fix as you mentioned,  Buy/use an external battery pack, I have them stored together with my  Mevo+. JUST USE THE SUPPLIED CABLE, its proprietary.  I have a cheap 20$ 10,000mah pack,  I keep it plugged in the unit even indoors.

It extends the life of the battery as well as keeps the unit out of the annoying power saving mode.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

Easy fix as you mentioned,  Buy/use an external battery pack, I have them stored together with my  Mevo+. JUST USE THE SUPPLIED CABLE, its proprietary.  I have a cheap 20$ 10,000mah pack,  I keep it plugged in the unit even indoors.

It extends the life of the battery as well as keeps the unit out of the annoying power saving mode.

How long does it extend you for?

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

15 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

I just connect a Romoss power bank that I got from Amazon while I play sim and it keeps the Mevo+ charged at 100% until the power bank drops to 0%. My power bank outputs 5v at 1.8 amps when connected to the Mevo+. So yeah, any power bank that can output 5v 2A should do fine. 

Btw, Mevo+ has a Nitecore NL1835 3500mAh 18650 battery inside, and it lasts about 1.5 hours. 

So if you connect a 20000mAh power brick, we can extrapolate that it should extend the battery life by approx 5x longer. 

Edited by Jay_Golfer

22 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

my 10,000mah pack to be 100% honest, I dont know LOL I have never been able to drain it.  I would say I have done 2 hours with practice and heavy simulator play, with it plugged in the 2.1A plug and I would say the indicator was still at 3ish bars (4bars total).  I think it burned 30-40% of the pack,  so I would say a solid 4 hours on the 10,000mah pack and then another 1.5 hours with the Mevo+ by itself?

So maybe 5 solid hours.  TOTAL guess, could be more.

Edited by Exactice808

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Got my Mevo+ on Friday. I only have a net & mat setup with 8 feet either way at the moment. I have the room to extend out to indoor mode if I want. I am going to start building a frame for a screen & when installed I will test different ball to screen lenghts to see where I am happy. Obviously the further back I go the better but that will require more ceiling protection, so I will finalise my dimensions in the future. 

I am very happy at the moment with everything. I haven't had one misread. About 3/4  of my spin numbers (160 ball speed) with driver are in italics but hopefully with more flight & the RCT balls better things are to come. Spin axis seems quite reasonable to me. Carry numbers with irons maybe a little far sometimes but not bad. As a 5 handicap player who has used trackman enough in the past I have a good grasp of my numbers & I'm pretty impressed with the Mevo+. Looking forward to getting my sim enclosure up & running.

Couple of questions;  

1. Is it ok to use the mevo+ when it is plugged in to the charger? I got my Mevo+ from MIA in the Uk & they sent me a spare charger with a 1.5m lead so I take it that is OK to plug in whilst using the Mevo+

2.How do you know what firmware you are using? Is it where it says DSP version in the  FS app?