2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

2 hours ago, pipebanfan said:

Got my Mevo+ on Friday. I only have a net & mat setup with 8 feet either way at the moment. I have the room to extend out to indoor mode if I want. I am going to start building a frame for a screen & when installed I will test different ball to screen lenghts to see where I am happy. Obviously the further back I go the better but that will require more ceiling protection, so I will finalise my dimensions in the future. 

I am very happy at the moment with everything. I haven't had one misread. About 3/4  of my spin numbers (160 ball speed) with driver are in italics but hopefully with more flight & the RCT balls better things are to come. Spin axis seems quite reasonable to me. Carry numbers with irons maybe a little far sometimes but not bad. As a 5 handicap player who has used trackman enough in the past I have a good grasp of my numbers & I'm pretty impressed with the Mevo+. Looking forward to getting my sim enclosure up & running.

Couple of questions;  

1. Is it ok to use the mevo+ when it is plugged in to the charger? I got my Mevo+ from MIA in the Uk & they sent me a spare charger with a 1.5m lead so I take it that is OK to plug in whilst using the Mevo+

2.How do you know what firmware you are using? Is it where it says DSP version in the  FS app?

1. Yes it is. I do it all the time, and many others do it also.
2. Yes. as per this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWX-ET7gOO8

I have 160 ball speed with my 3 wood but have 9.5 feet of ball flight and it reads spin okay about 4/5 times.

Actually haven't tried driver much so might try it tomorrow and see what I get. (too lazy to tee up lol)
I'm really hoping the RCT ball will yield much better results than a dot on the ball. If so, I'll be using them for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pipebanfan said:

Got my Mevo+ on Friday. I only have a net & mat setup with 8 feet either way at the moment. I have the room to extend out to indoor mode if I want. I am going to start building a frame for a screen & when installed I will test different ball to screen lenghts to see where I am happy. Obviously the further back I go the better but that will require more ceiling protection, so I will finalise my dimensions in the future. 

I am very happy at the moment with everything. I haven't had one misread. About 3/4  of my spin numbers (160 ball speed) with driver are in italics but hopefully with more flight & the RCT balls better things are to come. Spin axis seems quite reasonable to me. Carry numbers with irons maybe a little far sometimes but not bad. As a 5 handicap player who has used trackman enough in the past I have a good grasp of my numbers & I'm pretty impressed with the Mevo+. Looking forward to getting my sim enclosure up & running.

Couple of questions;  

1. Is it ok to use the mevo+ when it is plugged in to the charger? I got my Mevo+ from MIA in the Uk & they sent me a spare charger with a 1.5m lead so I take it that is OK to plug in whilst using the Mevo+

2.How do you know what firmware you are using? Is it where it says DSP version in the  FS app?

Hello! Another poster already responded but I wil ad my thoughts.

Higher swing speed people have been having issues with readings so unfortunately  spin will be your challenge.  Next is the spin (Indoor & Short indoor) in general. The spin is just wonky for driver. I have tried all kinds of things to get it reasonable to no avail.   Irons, woods (Non driver) No luck to get the numbers realistic.

Again I have a small area 16ft long with a small 6ft wide by 9ft tall net.   This also means I have a smaller distance to ball as total distance is 16ft, (1ft net from the wall, leaving about 8ft ball to net and 7ft ball to Mevo+. ish.....

For distances numbers being off, couple things to note.

1) Elevation, what elevation settings do you have?  I am at sea level, so both E6 and FS App, I make sure I just turn OFF the elevation setting period so it doesnt try to adjust.

2) Are you using metallic dots on the ball?  E6 & FS App,  I know they say you dont need if for E6 but it doesnt hurt to try, I found the best numbers with metallic dots 

Question response -

1) I always have a battery bank (External pack) connected to keep it out of "Power saving mode"  But yes you can have it plugged into the charge and run it.

2) When you go to your FS App, under "radar settings" very bottom,  "AVR Version & DSP Version"  the DSP Version most update I think is  .18

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Have about five sessions in the garage with short irons since getting the Mevo Plus last week.  Compared to having no ability to get lateral and spin axis data from shots this winter its going to be great. So far I'm very impressed. My general thoughts are:

- Have to take your time and get your set up right every time to optimize results. Measure distance to ball, elevation difference between ball & unit, account for any slope of the floor, align and put a mark on the exact location on the mat you are hitting from. Kind of sounds worse that it is. Doesn't take that long. I downloaded measuring and slope apps on my phone and will use it every time. I've got 7' from unit to ball and just shy of 9' of flight.

- I think setup is one area where the BLP / GC3 have a real advantage - self leveling, no measuring before hand, can put the ball anywhere in the 18"x10" (?) "hitting" rectangle.  I'm more than willing to spend the extra 5 minutes every time to save the $1k - 4k but its not drop it and go like the GC3.

- With a new ball, metallic sticker and short irons it has seemingly been very accurate with carry and spin axis. I know my distances and enjoy trying to work the ball. Draws, fades, knock downs all feel right. I will really use it to dial in 50 to 120 yard distances this winter and work on hitting baby draws and fades. 1/2 GW, 3/4 PW, etc.. 

- This will be brilliant outside with extra space into a net.  The next project will be building a proper hitting area out there. 

- I'm scouting ranges in my area where I can comfortably get the unit 7-9' behind the ball on a level surface without people constantly walking in front of the radar.  Going on off hours might be the best solution. 

- Only used the FS Golf app so far. Will start using E6 and skills app next.

20 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Have about five sessions in the garage with short irons since getting the Mevo Plus last week.  Compared to having no ability to get lateral and spin axis data from shots this winter its going to be great. So far I'm very impressed. My general thoughts are:

- Have to take your time and get your set up right every time to optimize results. Measure distance to ball, elevation difference between ball & unit, account for any slope of the floor, align and put a mark on the exact location on the mat you are hitting from. Kind of sounds worse that it is. Doesn't take that long. I downloaded measuring and slope apps on my phone and will use it every time. I've got 7' from unit to ball and just shy of 9' of flight.

- I think setup is one area where the BLP / GC3 have a real advantage - self leveling, no measuring before hand, can put the ball anywhere in the 18"x10" (?) "hitting" rectangle.  I'm more than willing to spend the extra 5 minutes every time to save the $1k - 4k but its not drop it and go like the GC3.

- With a new ball, metallic sticker and short irons it has seemingly been very accurate with carry and spin axis. I know my distances and enjoy trying to work the ball. Draws, fades, knock downs all feel right. I will really use it to dial in 50 to 120 yard distances this winter and work on hitting baby draws and fades. 1/2 GW, 3/4 PW, etc.. 

- This will be brilliant outside with extra space into a net.  The next project will be building a proper hitting area out there. 

- I'm scouting ranges in my area where I can comfortably get the unit 7-9' behind the ball on a level surface without people constantly walking in front of the radar.  Going on off hours might be the best solution. 

- Only used the FS Golf app so far. Will start using E6 and skills app next.

Its kinds of an interesting trade off.

Mevo+,  the Setup is critical, I have my wall marked and a piece of wood on the ground where I have it sitting every time.   But the initial setup with the camera, and alignment, can be a pain.  But once I got the alignment sticks and the screen setup I just leave the unit on the wood and I am pretty solid.  

BLP/GC3/Quad - I dont have one but based on my reading speculations you have to put dots on your clubs for accuracy?  That means your gamer back and for you have to put dots on it all the time?  That seems weird?  There is still alignment though that you have to do though from my understanding?

There is one "cool" feature that I use.  as I mentioned I have only a 6ft wide screen. This also means my hitting space is within this confined space.  my ball area is NOT in the middle of the 6ft screen (3ft from the middle)  it is offset about a foot to the right of center.  E6 has a feature that shifts the projected screen X amount out of distance so instead of you hitting to the right of the target line, where it looks off, it shifts the screen so the alignment is actually down the ball line. (I hope this makes sense) 

I do have a concern.  RCT Titleist balls?  what if you dont use Titleist balls?  Or that type of ball for spin etc.  Putting metallic dots on a sleeve of my gamer ball is pretty easy and I get accurate results with my specific ball? 

Anyways.  The more and more I research the Mevo+ vs Skytrack/BLP/GC3  for my specific application. I think I made a good choice. 

I get that Titleist is the common ball,  but just saying, what if you use chrome soft, E6, Ksigs etc..... 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 10/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, prusd said:

So someone on the other golf simulator board made a summary of the instagram live presentation.  I've copied it below.  I hope this is allowed.  I found it very useful and helpful in addition to what was posted here.  Credit is given at the bottom

- Face impact location will be X3-only and won't be added to Mevo+ pro package.
- No club face stickers are needed.
- Club head speed tracking (with swing plane) without hitting a ball is also coming. (ready by PGA show)

I watched the FS m+ presentation recording, but missed any mention of impact location on the X3.  Did anybody else catch that part?  Also, IMO, this would be an excellent differentiator for FS between X3 and M+, especially if the impact location can be used to influence the ball flight algorithm (similar to what TM already does).  All would be right with X3 users, if this comes to fruition (maybe) 🙂.

I don't have a GC3 either but the alignment looks pretty easy. Drop the alignment stick anywhere within 10 degrees of parallel to the unit, hit the button and your done. 

The stickers on the face of the club wouldn't bother me that much. I think a lot of Quad users just leave them on. They are grey, kind of blend in to the face.

You are right on the Titleist balls. Until other manufacturers come with a comparable product Titleist will have to become your gamer if you want results that more closely match your Mevo + results. If the stickers work for you no need but with woods a lot of no reads / estimated spin readings are reported that should go away with the RCT balls.

20 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

Its kinds of an interesting trade off.

Mevo+,  the Setup is critical, I have my wall marked and a piece of wood on the ground where I have it sitting every time.   But the initial setup with the camera, and alignment, can be a pain.  But once I got the alignment sticks and the screen setup I just leave the unit on the wood and I am pretty solid.  

BLP/GC3/Quad - I dont have one but based on my reading speculations you have to put dots on your clubs for accuracy?  That means your gamer back and for you have to put dots on it all the time?  That seems weird?  There is still alignment though that you have to do though from my understanding?

There is one "cool" feature that I use.  as I mentioned I have only a 6ft wide screen. This also means my hitting space is within this confined space.  my ball area is NOT in the middle of the 6ft screen (3ft from the middle)  it is offset about a foot to the right of center.  E6 has a feature that shifts the projected screen X amount out of distance so instead of you hitting to the right of the target line, where it looks off, it shifts the screen so the alignment is actually down the ball line. (I hope this makes sense) 

I do have a concern.  RCT Titleist balls?  what if you dont use Titleist balls?  Or that type of ball for spin etc.  Putting metallic dots on a sleeve of my gamer ball is pretty easy and I get accurate results with my specific ball? 

Anyways.  The more and more I research the Mevo+ vs Skytrack/BLP/GC3  for my specific application. I think I made a good choice. 

I get that Titleist is the common ball,  but just saying, what if you use chrome soft, E6, Ksigs etc..... 

1 minute ago, Dan13 said:

I don't have a GC3 either but the alignment looks pretty easy. Drop the alignment stick anywhere within 10 degrees of parallel to the unit, hit the button and your done. 

The stickers on the face of the club wouldn't bother me that much. I think a lot of Quad users just leave them on. They are grey, kind of blend in to the face.

You are right on the Titleist balls. Until other manufacturers come with a comparable product Titleist will have to become your gamer if you want results that more closely match your Mevo + results. If the stickers work for you no need but with woods a lot of no reads / estimated spin readings are reported that should go away with the RCT balls.

I have a GC3

Alignment is even easier. no buttons to hit. just align to your desired target and then pick the stick up when the screen says it is ready.

and the unit is always at zero on startup so if you have a setup where you place the unit down in the exact same place(or never move it) you never have to re-align

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

I need to read up on this,  But I am a bit skeptical. 

couple thoughts and reason.

1) Short indoor is my issue period. That is  99.9999% of my usage, I have not taken it to the range yet, and not sure if I ever will, I might one day though LOL.  Anyways.  the Mevo+ struggles the most with High ball speeds and short windows to read. With a metallic dot or RCT, I dont see how the RCT would do any better?

2) Henri stated Fusion Tracking wont help much with Spin...... So the Mevo will still struggle with spin readings.  I know the "post" about the RCT not giving italics readings, But There is NO WAY in heck im taking a $5.50/per golf ball to a full range to never get it back.  So I assume a 10ft +  hitting bay is used to get your golf balls back.  I doubt they were testing it on a short 8ft shot window IMHO.

3) Even if the other companies come out with their balls one of the concerning things is cost vs damage.  I use Ksig balls right now in general.  I bought by the pallet as the 2.0 are AWESOME... but damn my clubs eat through golf balls.  Granted I have been practicing a lot but I have gone through 1.5 boxes of Ksig's already.  Replacing 6 at a time as they get chewed up.  I have regular Titleist ball that got chewed up as well and dont sure how I feel about $65 per box when I am spending $30 for 2 dozen.

Anyways I am holding my breath on this one SPECIFIC for my short indoor use.  I think if you have a 10+ft hitting bay it could work but anything less than that....mmmm......

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

7 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

1) Short indoor is my issue period. That is  99.9999% of my usage, I have not taken it to the range yet, and not sure if I ever will, I might one day though LOL.  Anyways.  the Mevo+ struggles the most with High ball speeds and short windows to read. With a metallic dot or RCT, I dont see how the RCT would do any better?

2) Henri stated Fusion Tracking wont help much with Spin...... So the Mevo will still struggle with spin readings.  I know the "post" about the RCT not giving italics readings, But There is NO WAY in heck im taking a $5.50/per golf ball to a full range to never get it back.  So I assume a 10ft +  hitting bay is used to get your golf balls back.  I doubt they were testing it on a short 8ft shot window IMHO.

3) Even if the other companies come out with their balls one of the concerning things is cost vs damage.  I use Ksig balls right now in general.  I bought by the pallet as the 2.0 are AWESOME... but damn my clubs eat through golf balls.  Granted I have been practicing a lot but I have gone through 1.5 boxes of Ksig's already.  Replacing 6 at a time as they get chewed up.  I have regular Titleist ball that got chewed up as well and dont sure how I feel about $65 per box when I am spending $30 for 2 dozen.

Anyways I am holding my breath on this one SPECIFIC for my short indoor use.  I think if you have a 10+ft hitting bay it could work but anything less than that....mmmm......

No guarantees that's for sure - just have to wait and see. I do think the return signal back to unit is stronger with the RCT balls then just a dot. The post with the link to the test with the RCT and Mevo + did specify that they were at 8' of distance from ball to net and that there were "confident" reads 99% of the time with the RCT ball.

• Like 1

RaspberryPi (that powers Mevo) has surfaced, its got a quad core CPU as apposed to current at one. 

https://www.cnx-software.com/2021/10/28/raspberry-pi-zero-2-w-and-zero-w-features-comparison/

Wonder if they'll upgrade Mevo to this at some point.

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

17 minutes ago, Daniel Eason said:

RaspberryPi (that powers Mevo) has surfaced, its got a quad core CPU as apposed to current at one. 

https://www.cnx-software.com/2021/10/28/raspberry-pi-zero-2-w-and-zero-w-features-comparison/

Wonder if they'll upgrade Mevo to this at some point.

Going to require some translating on your part. This would be an upgrade to the camera hardware used in the Mevo Plus that unchanged (zero-w) is good enough to use for Fusion Tracking - correct? So more frames per second?

Edited by Dan13
hardware not software

7 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

The dots are only for club data. For simulator play they're not needed at all.

19 minutes ago, whumber said:

The dots are only for club data. For simulator play they're not needed at all.

For the GC3/Quad You need it for club data correct.  Wouldn't everyone want as much data as possible?  For simulator play you dont need it per say but again wouldnt you want that data anyways?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

For the GC3/Quad You need it for club data correct.  Wouldn't everyone want as much data as possible?  For simulator play you dont need it per say but again wouldnt you want that data anyways?

Depends on what you're trying to get out of the session. If you're just playing a round the club data isn't terribly useful but if you're practicing or doing club fitting that's where it becomes very useful.

• Like 1

Just to share my experience.

It takes me only about 5 seconds to place my Mevo+ within the lines which I have pre-marked on my floor. Perfect everytime.

(I have 2 lines for 12 degree and 16 degree also) So yeah, probably as quick as any other LM such as GC3.

I also don't need to make any measurements as my mat is in a fixed position, and I have fixed markers on my mat at 7' & 8' for distance to my Mevo+.

But yeah, Mevo+ hitting area is really big. (much bigger than GC3/GC4). Iit's at least 3 feet long and 2 feet wide as I've tried the extremes as a test.

and yeah, GC3 is definitely in my radar, but only if it works with TGC 2019 and GS Pro. (TGC 2019 at bare minimum) If not, it's a no go for me.

I'll probably end up getting the EYEXO for my garage when the upgrade time comes around, and keep my Mevo+ for outdoor range sessions.

Edited by Jay_Golfer

11 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

1. Titleist claims that use of their RCT ball creates 99 percent spin accuracy for TrackMan. No idea what the distance that was tested at, but the claim still implies that it is much better than a ball with a silver dot. Also, FS Henri also said in his Q&A last weeek "it's as good as it gets" with the Mevo+ using the RCT ball as well. So I think we may be surprised by the result when even he is saying it like that. I assume it creates a more amplified measurable radar signature than just a silver dot.

2. Titleist RCT ball was specifically created to improve "indoor" ball spin with Trackman. Not outdoors. It's emphasized multiple times in their press release. (link below) Also, FS X3/Mevo+ algorithm does not even look for a metalic signature (i.e. silver dot) when used in Indoor or Outdoor mode. It only does when used in "Short Indoor" mode. But from what Henri said, it seems they will create a separate "ball" setting to tell the Mevo+ that you are now using a RCT ball, or a standard ball. So maybe it will be able to be used in all 3 modes. 

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/team-titleist/f/the-clubhouse/55217/titleist-partners-with-trackman-to-develop-pro-v1-and-pro-v1x-with-radar-capture-technology
https://mediacenter.titleist.com/en-US/203424-titleist-introduces-innovative-pro-v1-radar-capture-technology

I have 10 feet of ball flight, and Mevo+ can detect accurate-looking spin approx. 9/10 shots for me. e.g. today, I just had a 3wood session where it read (non-italics) spin 15 times in a row. all within 10% margin with my 155+ mph ball speed. Not bad at all already. But if RCT ball can be even more accurate even more often, I'll be getting that for sure. (just not needing to worry about the silver sticker orientation would be a huge benefit)

Edited by Jay_Golfer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Going to require some translating on your part. This would be an upgrade to the camera hardware used in the Mevo Plus that unchanged (zero-w) is good enough to use for Fusion Tracking - correct? So more frames per second?

More processing power = quicker/less compute time and accurate calculations. ?

What are italic readings? Reading a lot about these.

• Like 1
Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

2 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

More processing power = quicker/less compute time and accurate calculations. ?

What are italic readings? Reading a lot about these.

Trackman and Flightscope LMs displays the spin number in Italics (in its own softwares) when it is a calculated/estimated rpm due to it failing to measure the actual ball spin rate for whatever reason.

Edited by Jay_Golfer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jay_Golfer said:

Just to share my experience.

It takes me only about 5 seconds to place my Mevo+ within the lines which I have pre-marked on my floor. Perfect everytime.

(I have 2 lines for 12 degree and 16 degree also) So yeah, probably as quick as any other LM such as GC3.

I also don't need to make any measurements as my mat is in a fixed position, and I have fixed markers on my mat at 7' & 8' for distance to my Mevo+.

But yeah, Mevo+ hitting area is really big. (much bigger than GC3/GC4). Iit's at least 3 feet long and 2 feet wide as I've tried the extremes as a test.

and yeah, GC3 is definitely in my radar, but only if it works with TGC 2019 and GS Pro. (TGC 2019 at bare minimum) If not, it's a no go for me.

I'll probably end up getting the EYEXO for my garage when the upgrade time comes around, and keep my Mevo+ for outdoor range sessions.

Doesn’t matter if the distance from the ball to the unit changes by up to 3’ every time? I know it will still read the shot but my understanding is AoA in particular would be affected. Since my floor has 2% slope this also affects the elevation difference from unit to ball. This is one area one fusion tracking could help. 

Same story with moving the ball 12” either side of your mark. My (limited) experience is that unless you set an off set w the unit this will def affect H Launch. Makes sense to me, the radar only has the target line as a reference.  

Once the pro package comes along this setup will become even more important with FTP and FTT readings.

11 hours ago, Jay_Golfer said:

1. Titleist claims that use of their RCT ball creates 99 percent spin accuracy for TrackMan. No idea what the distance that was tested at, but the claim still implies that it is much better than a ball with a silver dot. Also, FS Henri also said in his Q&A last weeek "it's as good as it gets" with the Mevo+ using the RCT ball as well. So I think we may be surprised by the result when even he is saying it like that. I assume it creates a more amplified measurable radar signature than just a silver dot.

2. Titleist RCT ball was specifically created to improve "indoor" ball spin with Trackman. Not outdoors. It's emphasized multiple times in their press release. (link below) Also, FS X3/Mevo+ algorithm does not even look for a metalic signature (i.e. silver dot) when used in Indoor or Outdoor mode. It only does when used in "Short Indoor" mode. But from what Henri said, it seems they will create a separate "ball" setting to tell the Mevo+ that you are now using a RCT ball, or a standard ball. So maybe it will be able to be used in all 3 modes. 

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/team-titleist/f/the-clubhouse/55217/titleist-partners-with-trackman-to-develop-pro-v1-and-pro-v1x-with-radar-capture-technology
https://mediacenter.titleist.com/en-US/203424-titleist-introduces-innovative-pro-v1-radar-capture-technology

I have 10 feet of ball flight, and Mevo+ can detect accurate-looking spin approx. 9/10 shots for me. e.g. today, I just had a 3wood session where it read (non-italics) spin 15 times in a row. all within 10% margin with my 155+ mph ball speed. Not bad at all already. But if RCT ball can be even more accurate even more often, I'll be getting that for sure. (just not needing to worry about the silver sticker orientation would be a huge benefit)

Let me clarify, actually as I think I am mistakenly implying something.

1) The Spin Works and works just fine for me for the most part.   Its only the Driver that has some REALLY wonky spin numbers, 2200 to 4500rpm spin,  When I am on a GC quad I average about 2500 and below.

2) I am only using it on short indoor, so I only have 8ft of ball flight time,  I am assuming more flight time BETTER results.

With that again my apologies as I am making devils advocate statements as I mentioned in my first long post I think the expectations for the Mevo+ is well beyond the capabilities for some (not all), as I read through opinions.

So I am making certain statements to bring out excellent discussions like yours (for my self knowledge) but also for future potential buyers of the Mevo+

Thank you very much though for the excellent info! 

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

Let me clarify, actually as I think I am mistakenly implying something.

1) The Spin Works and works just fine for me for the most part.   Its only the Driver that has some REALLY wonky spin numbers, 2200 to 4500rpm spin,  When I am on a GC quad I average about 2500 and below.

2) I am only using it on short indoor, so I only have 8ft of ball flight time,  I am assuming more flight time BETTER results.

With that again my apologies as I am making devils advocate statements as I mentioned in my first long post I think the expectations for the Mevo+ is well beyond the capabilities for some (not all), as I read through opinions.

So I am making certain statements to bring out excellent discussions like yours (for my self knowledge) but also for future potential buyers of the Mevo+

Thank you very much though for the excellent info! 

All good. I just wanted to share more factual info that we all may have missed. 🙂

8 feet of flight definitely is on the short side, but hopefully the RCT ball will help with that still. (though on their press release, they do state that testing was done with at least 10 feet ball to net) Considering they say each RCT ball is good for 500 driver shots, I think that durability + increase accuracy would more than make up for its higher cost for indoors sessions. Do you have 8 feet from ball to Mevo+? If so, reducing that down to 7 feet may help slightly also. (I do 10 feet ball to net and 7 feet Mevo+ to ball for long shots, and actually do the opposite for higher lofted clubs like the PW, 52, 56 etc where I go 9 feet ball to screen, and 8 feet mevo+ to ball)

• Like 2

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

12 minutes ago, sshadow2 said:

Didn't watch the whole thing.  Just skimmed to see a few comparisons.  Pretty close I would say.  There was a shot towards the end where the trackman read a draw but the quad read more of a push.  I was hoping they'd put up tables of the results for a bit of an easier comparison.  But, it was still a good test.  I am sure we'll see a mevo+ comparison eventually as well.  

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

11 minutes ago, radiman said:

Didn't watch the whole thing.  Just skimmed to see a few comparisons.  Pretty close I would say.  There was a shot towards the end where the trackman read a draw but the quad read more of a push.  I was hoping they'd put up tables of the results for a bit of an easier comparison.  But, it was still a good test.  I am sure we'll see a mevo+ comparison eventually as well.  

Yeah it happened more than once. Trackman had so challenges with direction and started to estimate spin axis with driver, sometimes going in the opposite direction of GCQuad.

Aside from unit comparisons though, the RCT ball seem really effective. Spin numbers where less than 100 rpm difference from GCQuad much of the time and less than 200 every time.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Thanks for posting. So spin numbers are really good but non-center strikes and gear effect are still an issue - like they always will be for radar units with no ability look at the face from the front.

Take away - radar units are performing better indoors with the RCT ball but camera is still better. Wonder how much ball flight Trackman would need to accurately report the spin axis in limited flight situations.