2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

On 2/8/2022 at 5:36 PM, bvanlieu said:

That’s a fair amount of roll. I picked up the mevo stand referred by Scott hogan and  dial it in easily to about zero. 

now if only fsapp was arming the radar…

According to FlightScope support having some roll is fine as long as it’s not more than +- 0.5

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

10 hours ago, darunia484 said:

How many estimated spins do others get? I probably get it on 1/3-1/2 of my shots, even with the metallic sticker (8 feet ball flight). Not sure why..

I compared my session yesterday versus my last session before the firmware update, and with woods, nothing has really changed. about 55% of the readings are estimated or clearly wrong both before an after. With irons, prior to the update, 25% of the shots were estimate and since the update, it's almost 40%. The biggest change has been with the long irons. I was previously only seeing estimated spin about every 4th shot, but now, it's half of them.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

22 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I checked the data from the few Trackman videos I have from a session in November.  Two 7 iron swings were -2.4 and -2.9. Two 5 iron swings were both -3.2. Comparing that to the AoA data I'm getting on M+ (below - with an 8 iron) there is definitely a difference in how they are measured.  M+ is consistently giving steeper AoA compared to TM with irons.

AoA

8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG8Iron2.6_22.PNG.e523adb89b1a60105275700a96108765.PNG

I think the trick is to find the correlation. Which the only estimate I have is that FS is at least double TM numbers.

12 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

I compared my session yesterday versus my last session before the firmware update, and with woods, nothing has really changed. about 55% of the readings are estimated or clearly wrong both before an after. With irons, prior to the update, 25% of the shots were estimate and since the update, it's almost 40%. The biggest change has been with the long irons. I was previously only seeing estimated spin about every 4th shot, but now, it's half of them.

Long irons seem to be the most affected by the .19 to .20 update.  Once I get past my 4-iron to my 21 degree UW, all is well.  It's strange.

1 hour ago, Trap Junior said:

Bit disappointed to hear the reviews so far. 

Thought the fusion tracking would really make it very accurate.  Will hold off buying for now

The Mevo can be a finicky unit. These people have poor environmental settings and have bothered to correct them. 

I have been hitting 300 balls a day with irons. I average 1/50 double spin. And 1/12 estimated spin with RCT balls. 

That’s pretty acceptable to me. I golf on course 2 days a week and track my distances with Arccos and it’s spot on to the Mevo+. Putting is a weak point with the Mevo+ but everything else is accurate. If it’s not they have setup and/or environmental issues that are causing interference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trap Junior said:

Bit disappointed to hear the reviews so far. 

Thought the fusion tracking would really make it very accurate.  Will hold off buying for now

I think the only people rushing to the forums to give their reviews are the one's having poor experiences. Like someone said above the set up needs to be proper to get the best experience from it. I've had mine about a year and this thing has exceeded my expectations. And for $1800 I'm not sure it can be beat (as long as you set it up the way it needs to be set up).

Edit: if you are setting up a room with 17-20' of room I think it would work well. Not sure it is the best option for backyard net setups. YMMV. 

Edited by aramirez24

9 minutes ago, aramirez24 said:

I think the only people rushing to the forums to give their reviews are the one's having poor experiences. Like someone said above the set up needs to be proper to get the best experience from it. I've had mine about a year and this thing has exceeded my expectations. And for $1800 I'm not sure it can be beat (as long as you set it up the way it needs to be set up).

Edit: if you are setting up a room with 17-20' of room I think it would work well. Not sure it is the best option for backyard net setups. YMMV. 

Mine would be for a back garden hitting into a net.  I want accurate driver spin and carry and accurate reads on path , face and angle of attack very close to what Trackman gives

2 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

Mine would be for a back garden hitting into a net.  I want accurate driver spin and carry and accurate reads on path , face and angle of attack very close to what Trackman gives

You're asking for data close to a $25,000 unit for $3,000? That's the thinking that leads to most of these bad reviews.. Even Trackman indoors struggles as a radar unit. 

Also if you are looking for something like that I recommend going camera based like a GC3 or GC4. Uneekor also announced an eye mini that looks promising that I have my eye on. If you aren't in a rush I would either wait or buy a used Mevo/Skytrak to get you by. The consumer launch monitor market has really started heating up which is good news for us. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aramirez24 said:

You're asking for data close to a $25,000 unit for $3,000? That's the thinking that leads to most of these bad reviews.. Even Trackman indoors struggles as a radar unit. 

Also if you are looking for something like that I recommend going camera based like a GC3 or GC4. Uneekor also announced an eye mini that looks promising that I have my eye on. If you aren't in a rush I would either wait or buy a used Mevo/Skytrak to get you by. The consumer launch monitor market has really started heating up which is good news for us. 

*Well it either does what it is supposed to do or doesn't.  What's the point in having a unit that doesn't do as advertised?

Its like wearing a fake Rolex that cant tell the time.  No use looking good if it doesn't do what you want,

13 minutes ago, aramirez24 said:

Nothing has changed about my environment, and the performance has declined since the new firmware update, both when it comes to measuring ball speed with certain clubs and with missed spin readings. Since one of the things that Fusion tracking was supposed to improve is the accuracy of spin readings, I would not expect to see more estimated spin readings than before the update. I don't think it's unfair to say that there are things that FS needs to address in future firmware updates.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

2 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

Nothing has changed about my environment, and the performance has declined since the new firmware update, both when it comes to measuring ball speed with certain clubs and with missed spin readings. Since one of the things that Fusion tracking was supposed to improve is the accuracy of spin readings, I would not expect to see more estimated spin readings than before the update. I don't think it's unfair to say that there are things that FS needs to address in future firmware updates.

Yeah I'm not defending flightscope here. The fusion tracking roll out was pretty rough and no one really knew what to expect from it. Not sure if it's a QC thing with the units or what as I've seen some people who have had better #s with FT and some that have gotten worse. I personally haven't noticed any difference in my unit's performance after the update for better or worse. I also had an idea that the "Pro Package" was going to be a little underwhelming considering the camera they use in the Mevo+ is probably not capable of doing all of the leg work needed to give accurate FTP and Club Path data. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

*Well it either does what it is supposed to do or doesn't.  What's the point in having a unit that doesn't do as advertised?

Its like wearing a fake Rolex that cant tell the time.  No use looking good if it doesn't do what you want,

My car gets me from A to B just like a Lambo would, but I'm not expecting it to go 0-60 in 2.5 either. I'd say for me the Mevo does about 85%-90% of what I'd expect a TM to do for me at 10-15% of the price. It's worth it in that regard TO ME. Like I said YMMV and if your budget allows I'd look into something camera based, but I've seen some sub par reviews of GC3 and BLP's too. They are still trying to figure out the personal launch monitor stuff for everyone. Hope you find what you are looking for. 

• Like 1

I will add that I'm really just trying to share my experience in case Flightscope is looking for feedback (I assume they look at threads about their products on communities like WRX), and I expect them to resolve these issues. It's still much better for my current purposes hitting balls into a net in my garage during the winter to get some feedback, and I expect that I'll be using it more often as an outdoor device in the long-term. It's not unuseable right now, but I hope that it'll get better as they refine the Fusion tracking on these units.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

Can't speak to path and face.  Trackman and FlightScope measure AoA differently.  I would add that AOA (and low point) is the measurement that can vary the most between grass (range or course) and mats.

@Trap Junior @3_Jack_Par

Couple items for thought.

1) @3_Jack_Par  I understand your "environment" may not have changed but the Firmware and measuring data has.  This means that the "original" setup that worked pre firmware upgrade might NOT be optimal and you might have to play around with the settings again new Firmware.  Secondly you stated you found out the elevation of the unit was off, thus the readings went from really bad to better. But I think you still might have to play with it more to get it even more accurate (of course my constructive opinion, so dont take it personal)

2)  What is the issue with Italic numbers and regular numbers.  We understand that the Italic numbers means that it could not read the flight accurately so it estimated the flight based on the data input.  We also know that there is In fact a spin window, @Krt22 (I hope this is sorta the window we were discussing to assist in accuracy)  meaning if the spin measurement is outside of the range it would calculate the spin.  This really isnt a BAD thing. its better than not giving spin at all (Ala blank number). SO people saying an increase in Italic numbers, well I think its the unit trying to give us more accurate numbers as possible  I do have a questions.  When you do Get an Italic number (Driver sake), say you normally get a reading of 2,200-2,700  what is the Italic number?  Within the SAME value right? Its not 4,700 rpms  way off? Its the same values just italicized.

3) When I had my ES14, I come across this little tid bit from Ernest Sport.

http://www.ernestsports.com/wordpress/2016/12/16/what-is-measured-and-what-is-calculated/

When it comes to launch monitors, one of the primary questions is always “what is measured and what is calculated?”. One thing to keep in mind is that the terms “measured” and “calculated” are not as straight forward as they may at first appear.

For instance, when radar technology is “measuring” the speed of an object, what it is doing is interpreting how radar waves bounce off an object. In turn, a radar device does not provide an exact speed but rather collects a large amount of data frequencies which are analyzed to record a speed. Similarly, when cameras are “measuring” spin or direction, there are actually computer algorithms locating the ball, finding the object’s center and then calculating the distance it moved in three-dimensional space.

So when we get all hot and bothered by the terms of measured and calculated.... it sorta relative.  Is an Itaclic numbers a bad thing?  And why is it a bad thing when it happens.

4) Its been advertised to work, thousands of units sold and thousands of happy customers.  Surely there are un happy customers, and the famous saying is the "squeeky wheel" gets the oil.  But is it the product.

I for 1 personally have had a "good" experience, not great, not exceptional.  But not bad either.  Its worked to my expectation of an $1,800 unit.   NOT a $25,000 unit that people keep harping on this thing...I mentioned prior and the other poster mentioned its like, demanding Ferrari performance out of a Honda Acord....seriously.... SERIOUSLY.....

Common..... The Factory provided a FACTORY Turbo upgrade (Pro Package/Fusion Tacking) that makes the Accord Faster and still reliable and not a scary Frankenstein build (Ala GC2 with HMT).  Yet people are still mad its nots not running 9's with 500+hp to the wheels....

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

9 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

@Trap Junior @3_Jack_Par

Couple items for thought.

1) @3_Jack_Par  I understand your "environment" may not have changed but the Firmware and measuring data has.  This means that the "original" setup that worked pre firmware upgrade might NOT be optimal and you might have to play around with the settings again new Firmware.  Secondly you stated you found out the elevation of the unit was off, thus the readings went from really bad to better. But I think you still might have to play with it more to get it even more accurate (of course my constructive opinion, so dont take it personal)

I have never had any elevation issues -- that must have been someone else. I hit off a mat that is 1 cm above the garage floor, and I have that set correctly in the settings. The garage floor is flat, so there are not any issues with "roll". I have checked that the measurement of unit to ball is accurate (I have it marked on the floor, too), and I have checked alignment before starting each time after the first couple of times I used the M+ after getting it (pre-firmware upgrade). And nothing has changed in the area in which I hit, so I'm not sure what else I can do to improve the performance by changing my setup. The new firmware is far from perfect (no surprise), and I've seen just in this thread that others who were seeing decent performance before the update have experienced similar issues as what I have seen. I think they need to roll out some fixes as they identify the issues, or if there are environmental changes needed to make it work better with the new firmware, FS needs to provide guidance about what those are.

5 hours ago, Trap Junior said:

The answer to this is Spend $20,000 If you need to know you bought a Rolex/TM/GC Quad to tell time. My Casio and my Invicta watches do what a Rolex does and I dont care what people think I Iook like, when my Income well exceeds my expenses. I have a fully loaded IRA, Investment account, 529's for kids, Home and investment properties.  I dont care that I have a Rolex hanging on my wrist.

The real question that you should be asking is,  does your environment work for the GCquad (camera based) better or the TM (Radar based).  Or going cheaper and saying a Radar/Mevo+ or a Skytrack/Camera.  If not buck up, there are the BLP/GC3 and as mentioned the Uneekor Mini Eye.

But accuracy comes at a cost.  You lost me at a Rolex as a Rolex is a watch that tells time THATS IT, you dont get to time faster or slower with a Watch.... Its also an investment tool if you can afford it, and have that taste  but thats it,  Its superficial rather than applicable.  The better correlation is the Car analogy.  They both get you to point A to B, but one can get you there faster and at a better performance.  But do you need to spend 10 to 20times more for that same destination.

I will say it again, SC100 is FABULOUS at reading ball speed as a $150 Radar unit. I would venture to put it up against a TM in measuring ballspeed and say its well within 5% at worst range.  ES14/ESB1 is $500 and again I would put it up against a TM and say WELL within a 5% variance at worst.  The units are Capable as it uses the same Doppler system, what makes the difference is the hardware/software that is greatly improved as you move up in the quality/pricing.   

The Mevo+ does what it says it can do....  In equal environments hardware to hardware, I bet they would perform equal, just the data that is spit out is different.

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

12 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

I have never had any elevation issues -- that must have been someone else. I hit off a mat that is 1 cm above the garage floor, and I have that set correctly in the settings. The garage floor is flat, so there are not any issues with "roll". I have checked that the measurement of unit to ball is accurate (I have it marked on the floor, too), and I have checked alignment before starting each time after the first couple of times I used the M+ after getting it (pre-firmware upgrade). And nothing has changed in the area in which I hit, so I'm not sure what else I can do to improve the performance by changing my setup. The new firmware is far from perfect (no surprise), and I've seen just in this thread that others who were seeing decent performance before the update have experienced similar issues as what I have seen. I think they need to roll out some fixes as they identify the issues, or if there are environmental changes needed to make it work better with the new firmware, FS needs to provide guidance about what those are.

SO sorry @3_Jack_Par My apologies you are correct I did have the wrong poster mixed up it was another member. 

IN any case, yes, I think right now the efficacy needs tweaking. And BOTH available apps need updates (E6 & FS App) I am hoping that the updates to the APPs will also jive with the firmware updates. As I assume the apps are lagging and causing part of the issue.  As well as now the meshing of Fusion Tracking and Pro Package.

Anyways again my apologies for the mix up.  But I do hope couple of patches are in the work for updates!

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, darunia484 said:

I bought my mevo plus second hand for $1350 so I probably can't complain, definitely good value for the money. Biggest gripe is battery life sucks but I could buy a $50 battery pack if I wanted to (lazy at the moment)

I gave up on my Battery pack.  After watching a ton of YouTube Videos of people using extension cords, I grabbed one and havent looked back.....

Over the battery bank...LOL I only use it now at the Driving Range.

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1 hour ago, Exactice808 said:

I gave up on my Batter pack.  After watching a ton of YouTube Videos of people using extension cords, I grabbed one and havent looked back.....

Over the battery bank...LOL I only use it now at the Driving Range.

Yep I plug mine in while I use it. No battery issues at all!

Just got back from a short session with a GC2 while running the M+ at the same time. Forgot to measure the distance from ball to screen but definitely less than 10.  The room is not that well lit so not sure if that impacted the camera's ability to help.  Results were pretty typical I think of where the M+ is currently with firmware 0.20.  Half/full wedges and irons matches up very well.  M+ tended to give me a bit extra ball speed and a yard or two more in carry pretty consistently. Didn't hit long irons because I wanted to work on driver which I can't do in the garage. 

The spin on the driver was drastically different on almost every shot. Always over estimated spin by at least 500-1500rpms. Not unexpected (sadly). I max out at 153-155mph ball speed with driver currently.  Starting H launch matched up with GC2 generally within plus 1 degree. I continue to believe the club path and FTP data is helpful and accurate. Work on getting the path more to the right according to the M+ with a FTP slightly closed always resulted in good results (on GC2 ;).    

I knew what I was signing up for with the M+. Indoor driver limited flight is not its strength but even with the spin issue I think there is more than enough good data to use in improving your swing.

* Used a new RCT ball. 

Edited by Dan13
  • Like 2

Got mine last week and upgraded to the Pro on Monday. Ridiculous amounts of data. I am an analyst by nature and a former teaching pro so i am going to have a blast with this thing. FYI i can count the number of missed reads on one hand. Also you don't need any light for it to work. Managed to break the lead on my solar spotlight and last night it finally died. Didnt stop it from picking up shots. Even got the E6 working after the update. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

2 minutes ago, Yzmerf said:

Got mine last week and upgraded to the Pro on Monday. Ridiculous amounts of data. I am an analyst by nature and a former teaching pro so i am going to have a blast with this thing. FYI i can count the number of missed reads on one hand. Also you don't need any light for it to work. Managed to break the lead on my solar spotlight and last night it finally died. Didnt stop it from picking up shots. Even got the E6 working after the update. 

The radar will work with no light. The camera obviously does need light. The fact the you can still get “pro package” data without light leads one to wonder how much the camera is helping. 🧐

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned since the latest update. For anyone who was using E6 connect for iOS since the new update and were receiving misreads (in yardages only, all my other numbers looked fine):

I contacted E6 support and they said they have found what they believe to have been the bug in the latest app update. They have submitted a new update to Apple and are awaiting an approval to be released to public.

For amateurs I’m probably considered to be a moderately long hitter, but I assure you I’m not pulling off any 339 yd carry drives

168295AF-416C-46E3-86B4-523C82823A07.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, teehilden said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned since the latest update. For anyone who was using E6 connect for iOS since the new update and were receiving misreads (in yardages only, all my other numbers looked fine):

I contacted E6 support and they said they have found what they believe to have been the bug in the latest app update. They have submitted a new update to Apple and are awaiting an approval to be released to public.

For amateurs I’m probably considered to be a moderately long hitter, but I assure you I’m not pulling off any 339 yd carry drives

168295AF-416C-46E3-86B4-523C82823A07.jpeg

I have just used mine for the first time tonight, shot shape reflected what I felt I had hit, ball speed was comparible to what I get on my X2, carry distance was a mile out. Hitting drives over 300 carry and everything else was 20-30 yards too far with carry. 

Hopefully the update thats being spoken about sorts the issue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Pllu said:

I have just used mine for the first time tonight, shot shape reflected what I felt I had hit, ball speed was comparible to what I get on my X2, carry distance was a mile out. Hitting drives over 300 carry and everything else was 20-30 yards too far with carry. 

Hopefully the update thats being spoken about sorts the issue. 

I used it yesterday and everything was normal. Over the past day my app updated and everything was insane when I used it today. So the person I spoke with informed me that they just have to wait for Apple to approve it to roll it out to the App Store. Can’t be very long, maybe a day or two.