2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

24 minutes ago, Paybax said:

Wrong wrong and wrong

It tracks for 40 yards, it literally says it when you select outdoor mode and range ball option is only for limited flight range balls. 

I did not see that he selected range balls in his post.  Yes if the range ball is not limited flight then it should not be set to a range ball.  

Did not know it only tracks for 40 yards for a limited flight ball.. for non limited flight it tracks it for more.

Edited by goudok

6 hours ago, Paybax said:

Wrong wrong and wrong

It tracks for 40 yards, it literally says it when you select outdoor mode and range ball option is only for limited flight range balls. 

The amount of tracking has never officially been announced. Early in the M+ release a rep from FS let slip that it tracks for about 80 yards which I believe is where this number comes from. The app says 40 yards minimum for outdoor mode but that doesn’t mean it’s the maximum distance tracked. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bowman19 said:

Still struggling with the math on distance calcs. Can run prgr and mevo+ in the same environment and get equivalent swing and ball speeds within a couple mph however distance on the mevo+ is easily 10%+ less than the prgr. Running the mevo with standard weather. Both are radar. Thoughts? Appreciate the help. Just strange that the math of output could be so different between the two devices since both are calc’d. No standard?

Mevo+ measures spin while PRGR estimates it. The Mevo+ distance will be more accurate assuming the spin is correct (non-italicized). 

21 hours ago, mgoblue83 said:

I'm wondering if the roll setting on my Mevo+ needs to be calibrated. I can minimize the fade bias by intentionally raising one side of the unit to get a roll value of 0.4-0.5 in the app. This is obviously a bandaid and I still can't get it to read a push/draw but at least every club isn't going 40 yards right.

Before anyone asks - I'm a 2 handicap and my miss is a huge overdraw that starts right of the target and just keeps turning over. I have yet to see that shot at all on the mevo+. 

I'm in my garage with 8 ft to the ball and 10 ft to the screen with what should be minimal interference and I'm primarily hitting irons (dot on ball). I can hit hooks on command with every club and the Mevo+ just won't register it. Distances, ball speeds, and spin are absolutely accurate (never get italicized spin #s) but it just won't read a draw. Fades it reads all day long. 

Help!

(lol)

Anyone have advice or insight on this?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Dan13 said:

The amount of tracking has never officially been announced. Early in the M+ release a rep from FS let slip that it tracks for about 80 yards which I believe is where this number comes from. The app says 40 yards minimum for outdoor mode but that doesn’t mean it’s the maximum distance tracked. 

If the app says 40 yards minimum, does that mean it won't or can't track pitch shots hit less than 40 yards?

10 minutes ago, leekgolf said:

If the app says 40 yards minimum, does that mean it won't or can't track pitch shots hit less than 40 yards?

No. It needs to know if the ball is going to hit a wall/net before 40 yards. If you set it to outside mode but it actually only has 10 yards of flight it will not read accurately.  The 4 categories in the app are all based on the amount of ball flight. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mgoblue83 said:

Thanks

Im starting to lose confidence in the unit. My ball flight is nothing the same nor are distances with driver/3 wood. I had a fitting last week for a new driver shaft on Trackman and also played in my member guest for 45 holes and did not see anything like I'm seeing. Its driving me nuts. 

No problems with irons though. 

Edited by Mobert19

11 hours ago, mgoblue83 said:

Thanks

Sounds like it is the device or there is some hidden interference. No draw spin axis ever? I do not have any issue producing one - particularly a pull draw 😕. I think I would find a way to hit some shots along side a TM or GCQ/3 and document it to send to FS.  

1 hour ago, Mobert19 said:

Im starting to lose confidence in the unit. My ball flight is nothing the same nor are distances with driver/3 wood. I had a fitting last week for a new driver shaft on Trackman and also played in my member guest for 45 holes and did not see anything like I'm seeing. Its driving me nuts. 

I’d love to see anyone having such huge problems if there is a common denominator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mobert19 said:

I assume you are hitting M+ in limited flight situations? Although improved I’ve found the spin numbers with driver can still be high. Also the spin axis can be thrown off with even moderately off center hits. Between the 2 it can give you some pretty big differences vs reality. 

9 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I assume you are hitting M+ in limited flight situations? Although improved I’ve found the spin numbers with driver can still be high. Also the spin axis can be thrown off with even moderately off center hits. Between the 2 it can give you some pretty big differences vs reality. 

Yeah it’s really only driver and 3 wood. The problem for me is, these are the two I’ve been tinkering with and trying to figure out the best combo of shaft/head and it’s useless

12 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Sounds like it is the device or there is some hidden interference. No draw spin axis ever? I do not have any issue producing one - particularly a pull draw 😕. I think I would find a way to hit some shots along side a TM or GCQ/3 and document it to send to FS.  

I have no problem hitting a pull draw but I can't get it to read a push draw. It will read both a pull fade and push fade and shots that feel straight show a slight fade. That's why I think there is a fade bias that I need help with. 

This is with irons only, 8ft to unit and 10 ft to screen, minimal interference (garage with almost no metal or electronics anywhere near the bay) and a dot on the ball. 

My distances are exactly in the expected ranges and the spin number never shows as italicized at all (even at 155mph ball speed with my 2i).

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mobert19 said:

Has anyone figured this tilt issue out yet? I seem to get inconsistent numbers with driver every time I set this up as it’s never the same setup.  Driving me nuts. Going from 98mph SS to 119mph sometimes and distance doesn’t change. 

I’m having this issue on short indoor (even though I’m outdoor). The range sucks because the range balls don’t travel. Frustrating. 

I cant say I figured it out but I have seemingly confirmed its sensitivity to tilt.  Surely now the ballspeed accuracy is seemingly dependent on tilt.

Where that sweet spot is based on your environment though.

I am short indoor 8ft ball to net.  With gamer balls and metalic dots.

Tilt is now set to 12*. This has been the MOST accurate for me.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:11 AM, mgoblue83 said:

I'm wondering if the roll setting on my Mevo+ needs to be calibrated. I can minimize the fade bias by intentionally raising one side of the unit to get a roll value of 0.4-0.5 in the app. This is obviously a bandaid and I still can't get it to read a push/draw but at least every club isn't going 40 yards right.

Before anyone asks - I'm a 2 handicap and my miss is a huge overdraw that starts right of the target and just keeps turning over. I have yet to see that shot at all on the mevo+. 

I'm in my garage with 8 ft to the ball and 10 ft to the screen with what should be minimal interference and I'm primarily hitting irons (dot on ball). I can hit hooks on command with every club and the Mevo+ just won't register it. Distances, ball speeds, and spin are absolutely accurate (never get italicized spin #s) but it just won't read a draw. Fades it reads all day long. 

Help!

(lol)

I have a small bubble level on my Mevo, (from an old TV wallmount kit)  that I leave on top of the mevo to make sure the roll setting is level or close to level as possible.

This seems to have again maintained consistency through my setup.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 3/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, harpua728 said:

I used the Mevo+ in the outdoor range ball mode today.  I was getting a few distances that were more than expected with my irons.  The range has elevated tees so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.  Does the outdoor mode follow the entire ball flight?  

I understand the the range ball setting wont be perfect, since there is a such a discrepancy in the quality of balls in a bucket.  But I was still surprised with some of my distances.

This was an issue I had,  "Range ball mode" really over estimates distance. It does not apply and calculation to any OTHER numbers other than total distance.  So the numbers just come out weird when reading the data.

What I mean is,  Say I hit a normal every day PW,  105mph Ball speed, 25* launch, 9500rpms of spin, I should get a 130y carry with the Mevo (and outside on the course) on Normal ball mode.

But if I immediately switched it to Range ball, the distance would jump to 140y carry, but the ball data would be exactly the same. (105mph Ball speed, 25* launch, 9500rpms of spin)

It does not apply the 5%/10% adjustments to the other data to give you the "adjusted" distance. It just adjust the distance only.  It reads the true flight. So it can be confusing if you are reading the data thinking you would see the adjustment as well.

As for Data,  just remember, if the mevo either reads the data correctly or misreads the data,  the calculated distance will adjust.  5000rpms for an 8iron is just off, SO you just see it and ignore it any hit another as we know thats likely NOT a good read.  Dont take it for face value. Just like on the course, you dont really think your skull shot is anticipated shot, it was a miss and move on.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 3/15/2022 at 4:44 PM, bowman19 said:

Still struggling with the math on distance calcs. Can run prgr and mevo+ in the same environment and get equivalent swing and ball speeds within a couple mph however distance on the mevo+ is easily 10%+ less than the prgr. Running the mevo with standard weather. Both are radar. Thoughts? Appreciate the help. Just strange that the math of output could be so different between the two devices since both are calc’d. No standard?

Not super familiar with the PRGR unit,  but assuming its similar to the SC100 - SC200+ that its radar is accurate to read/catch ball speed.  

But the remainder ball data is calculated.  Launch angle,  spin.    These facets alone being "preset" optimal numbers will give you a false sense of distance.

The Mevo+ taking into account actual spin, actual launch, actual spin axis, gives the ball data a more accurate output.

Meaning if you select a driver, and you hit it 150mph ballspeed..... both PRGR and Mevo+ should accurately track this speed,  But the distance calculation can be random from there.

Example:

PRGR applies default optimal shots,  14* launch  2500rpms spin, (note zero values on later launch, spin axis etc etc)

image.png.048a2516b64fa7b112670a12994c8b33.png
It spits out 243 carry

But Mevo+ catches all numbers 

A slight miss hit with the Mevo+ data and you are losing 3.5 yards right off the bat. (1* lower launch, 400rpms of more spin, added Hlaunch and some spin axis.

image.png.e5a2336c67f618a2c5afc6950c918ab8.png

The Mevo+ applies many ball data numbers which if you are noticing they are out of your typical launch parameters its the golfer not applying an optimal strike.  The PRGR is just assuming an optimal strike,  This was the flaw of my SC100. (assuming similar to a PRGR)

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 3/16/2022 at 2:27 AM, mgoblue83 said:

Mevo+ measures spin while PRGR estimates it. The Mevo+ distance will be more accurate assuming the spin is correct (non-italicized). 

No one has ever really answered this questions,  But why are people afraid of the "italicized" spin numbers on the Mevo?

When I select the right club on the Mevo,  and I hit normal shots. an Italicized number appears for 2 reasons

1) I hit a bad shot and it didnt catch it well enough to give a non italicized number

2) I hit it well but it just didnt catch.

With example "1"

Its going to be a bad number anyways as it was a bad shot. So I move on and dont dwell on it.

With example "2"

If I knew  hit a good shot, 9/10 it usually shows me a closely decent spin number anyways as it "calculated" close to the club I hit with the Launch data

If it gives me a bad reading (way off) who cares? Just move on?  I see about 30% at worst italicized numbers in any one session. Usually thats a bad shot or jut didnt read properly. So I dont dwell and hit another shot. Are Italicized numbers are necessarily a bad thing?

Edited by Exactice808
  • Thanks 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 3/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, Mobert19 said:

From the last 3 Firmware updates, the Driver has Majorly improved. So I am having a hard time believing this is still happening.

Questions and thought's.

What is your setup?

Ball to Net distance?

Ball to mevo distance?

Tilt of mevo? (roll as well)

Ball type? with metalic dot?

Examples of Driver Data? (Average Driver ball speed and Launch info) (Trackman info?)  

What app are you using? E6, FS Golf, Awesome Golf etc?

FS golf vs E6,  E6 tends to be more generous in distance calculations.  have not used any other app,  But raw ball data is a great start to see if its reading right or not.

I really dont think there is any issues with the unit, just gotta figure out the settings and environment if the irons are reading just fine.

• Like 1

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

6 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

From the last 3 Firmware updates, the Driver has Majorly improved. So I am having a hard time believing this is still happening.

Questions and thought's.

What is your setup?

Ball to Net distance?

Ball to mevo distance?

Tilt of mevo? (roll as well)

Ball type? with metalic dot?

Examples of Driver Data? (Average Driver ball speed and Launch info) (Trackman info?)  

What app are you using? E6, FS Golf, Awesome Golf etc?

FS golf vs E6,  E6 tends to be more generous in distance calculations.  have not used any other app,  But raw ball data is a great start to see if its reading right or not.

I really dont think there is any issues with the unit, just gotta figure out the settings and environment if the irons are reading just fine.

I really focused on setting up all the details right this afternoon and I got a much better result. Tilt made a huge difference as did distance to net and unit. The only issue was I was getting AoA 8-10 which is asinine. I’m usually -1 to 2 on trackman 

13 minutes ago, Mobert19 said:

I really focused on setting up all the details right this afternoon and I got a much better result. Tilt made a huge difference as did distance to net and unit. The only issue was I was getting AoA 8-10 which is asinine. I’m usually -1 to 2 on trackman 

And we are back to this LOL.

Trackman measure AoA differently from Mevo+ you are comparing apples to toasters at this point LOL.

That being said,  What club were you using? 

Finally. outside of tilt,  I know elevation (height of Mevo+ unit in relation to ground and teeing ground) Affects accuracy as well. 

If the mevo is well below the ball height and not level the peak heights and AoA gets real wonky.

I have my Mevo+ on a mini tripod as my mat setup is 1.5" off the ground.  I also have that noted in the settings as well as the mat height is 1.5" off the floor.

Take a look at that? Do you have a completely flat area from ball to Mevo+ or is there gaps?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

30 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

And we are back to this LOL.

Trackman measure AoA differently from Mevo+ you are comparing apples to toasters at this point LOL.

That being said,  What club were you using? 

Finally. outside of tilt,  I know elevation (height of Mevo+ unit in relation to ground and teeing ground) Affects accuracy as well. 

If the mevo is well below the ball height and not level the peak heights and AoA gets real wonky.

I have my Mevo+ on a mini tripod as my mat setup is 1.5" off the ground.  I also have that noted in the settings as well as the mat height is 1.5" off the floor.

Take a look at that? Do you have a completely flat area from ball to Mevo+ or is there gaps?

Thanks. Yes my mat is an inch off the level floor which the Mevo is on. Then obviously the tee height. 
club is driver. 

• Like 1

Hello all. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Mevo+ but have a couple questions. This thread is 68 pages long, so apologies if this has been asked already.

1.  Is anyone using this in indoor short mode with 8 feet of ball flight?

2. If you have bought the pro package, are you finding useful? Did it justify the cost?

I've attached a picture of my set up. The net return is 8 feet from the tee, and the Mevo + would sit about even with the leg of my desk to be 8 feet behind the ball.

20220320_184137.jpg

1 hour ago, DShepley said:

Hello all. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Mevo+ but have a couple questions. This thread is 68 pages long, so apologies if this has been asked already.

1.  Is anyone using this in indoor short mode with 8 feet of ball flight?

2. If you have bought the pro package, are you finding useful? Did it justify the cost?

I've attached a picture of my set up. The net return is 8 feet from the tee, and the Mevo + would sit about even with the leg of my desk to be 8 feet behind the ball.

20220320_184137.jpg

Could work very well but consider the following:

- review space for possible sources of interference for radar - metal behind wall, florescent lighting, fans

- my experience (and others) with short indoors mode is very good until you get to woods and driver where some issues with spin and associated carry are possible or even likely. Ideally M+ needs 13’ of ball flight to use indoor mode vs short indoor. 

- I have the pro package and it’s value for me is really down to club path, FTP, FTT and dynamic loft. It seems a lot of $ for the data but super helpful for working on / diagnosing your swing IMO. 
- The pro package club data is accurate in short indoor mode - or any other mode.  
- If you will be using a LM indoors 100% of the time and want to hit drivers/woods with ball flight more accurately represented should consider stepping up to a camera based system. They are better with driver/woods and spin / spin axis numbers indoors. If simulation is important to you then they are also significantly more expensive for unit itself plus hardware upgrades to run Foresight software. 
- All that said the M+ is an incredible piece of kit for $2k - $3k. It does have the limitations stated above. Other then that my experience is that it is an excellent tool for working on your game and offers some comparatively affordable and fun simulation play. I have literally used mine in my garage all winter vs not swinging much if at all. 

46 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Could work very well but consider the following:

- review space for possible sources of interference for radar - metal behind wall, florescent lighting, fans

- my experience (and others) with short indoors mode is very good until you get to woods and driver where some issues with spin and associated carry are possible or even likely. Ideally M+ needs 13’ of ball flight to use indoor mode vs short indoor. 

- I have the pro package and it’s value for me is really down to club path, FTP, FTT and dynamic loft. It seems a lot of $ for the data but super helpful for working on / diagnosing your swing IMO. 
- The pro package club data is accurate in short indoor mode - or any other mode.  
- If you will be using a LM indoors 100% of the time and want to hit drivers/woods with ball flight more accurately represented should consider stepping up to a camera based system. They are better with driver/woods and spin / spin axis numbers indoors. If simulation is important to you then they are also significantly more expensive for unit itself plus hardware upgrades to run Foresight software. 
- All that said the M+ is an incredible piece of kit for $2k - $3k. It does have the limitations stated above. Other then that my experience is that it is an excellent tool for working on your game and offers some comparatively affordable and fun simulation play. I have literally used mine in my garage all winter vs not swinging much if at all. 

Thanks for the reply. I can handle carry distances being off a little provided the shot shape and club data it provides is a reasonable representation of my ball flight. Mostly I would be hitting irons indoors and I like the ability to take it to the range. What iOS device do you run yours on?

Club data should be good. Ball flight wise just know going in that M+ uses club and launch data to determine spin axis indoors - it isn’t measured directly. So it will not pick up a toe strike gear effect draw spin or heel strike gear effect slice spin. It is what the ball would of done if you made center contact. I don’t think a lot of people realize the spin axis impacts of a 1/2 inch off center strike w driver. Not much gear effect  going on w irons. Outside of course it’s irrelevant as it can track a significant portion of the flight to determine spin axis accurately regardless of impact location. 

I use iPhone 12 but also using an old Dell laptop to run Awesome Golf software for practice and basic sim golf.  Don’t have an iPad so haven’t used E6 much. Works great on my phone but it’s just too small. The FS golf app is great at the range or for practice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Club data should be good. Ball flight wise just know going in that M+ uses club and launch data to determine spin axis indoors - it isn’t measured directly. So it will not pick up a toe strike gear effect draw spin or heel strike gear effect slice spin. It is what the ball would of done if you made center contact. I don’t think a lot of people realize the spin axis impacts of a 1/2 inch off center strike w driver. Not much gear effect  going on w irons. Outside of course it’s irrelevant as it can track a significant portion of the flight to determine spin axis accurately regardless of impact location. 

I use iPhone 12 but also using an old Dell laptop to run Awesome Golf software for practice and basic sim golf.  Don’t have an iPad so haven’t used E6 much. Works great on my phone but it’s just too small. The FS golf app is great at the range or for practice. 

Exactly that about the center strike, I don’t even think trackman directly measures spin axis indoors. It’s a limitation with radar based units. I use an iPad at home and iPhone on the range. 
my net is 10 feet high and I’m hitting about 15 feet away. I’m planning on rebuilding my net over the next few weeks so I can hit full wedges, but my 10-40 yard pitches became so much better in the last month that I got the unit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Thanks.  I would need to buy an iOS system so would likely just pick up the 64GB Gen 9 as I would only be using it for this unit.  I also have a 1200 sq ft putting green in my front yard so I could use the Mevo+ for chipping and putting practice out there as well.  I have reached out to Cory at Par2Pro with some questions and if there are no concerns from him then I will place my order this week.  Just trying to cover my bases before I drop $4500 CAD on a system.  Here is a picture of my green, my putting and chipping has improved dramatically and it has given me something to do while I wait for my girls to get off of the school bus.

image.png.5fe8fdaccba3313aaaac93ce13bb9e54.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goudok said:

Exactly that about the center strike, I don’t even think trackman directly measures spin axis indoors. It’s a limitation with radar based units. I use an iPad at home and iPhone on the range. 
my net is 10 feet high and I’m hitting about 15 feet away. I’m planning on rebuilding my net over the next few weeks so I can hit full wedges, but my 10-40 yard pitches became so much better in the last month that I got the unit. 

My Net Return is a little over 7' high and I will need to come up with a solution even from 8' away that would let me hit clubs less than pitching wedge if I was to do any sim golf.

5 minutes ago, DShepley said:

My Net Return is a little over 7' high and I will need to come up with a solution even from 8' away that would let me hit clubs less than pitching wedge if I was to do any sim golf.

I am going to build a cage, will still be 10 feet high, but debating how far the overhang should be be, I think 4 feet should be enough to hit full wedges from 15 feet, but not sure, maybe make it 5-6?